Does it seem to be getting darker at night time to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You know, currently I am sitting in the well lit room of my confines...However, when I step outside onto my porch, there is the darkest of dark. Now, I have to mention that I live in an averaged sized town on a well lit street, yet, it seems so damn dark.

Honestly, I wouldn't think much about it if it were just a periodic occurence, but as of late, it's every night. All of that would be well and good if it weren't for the unsettling feeling that accompanies it. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?
edit on 10-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Nope

Second line.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe its been cloudy at night.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If it's cloudy, very dark.
If not, the stars around me are big and bright, they light up the sky good....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What are you proposing OP?

That the night is getting darker for some mysterious reason? Anti Matter is closing in? The "Black" of night is getting somehow blacker? There's a hidden force at work here?

What do you propose? Let's hear the theory.
edit on 10-4-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
nope all seems well here

second line.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

It just seems that the darkness is getting darker. Even when the moon is out. I mean, if there is a full moon, yeah, there is light, but it doesn't seem to penetrate the darkness as much as it once did.

I find that rather odd too because the moon has been rather intense as of late. It might just be me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Nope, and I go outside multiple times a night with my dog.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I need that head shaker emoticon again.
"Is it getting darker at night???" Six years on ATS and you start a thread called is it getting darker at night?
Are you serious? I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Then you state that you came out of a well lit room straight into dark and you didn't even think to consider that maybe your eye's didn't have time to adjust??
I have experienced this many times and it is a NORMAL, COMMON effect when going from a lit room into a dark enviroment.
In your whole life your telling me you never experienced this?
I am not trying to be a dick but my god people, really. This is just getting better everyday.
Each day come's a new a crazier thread than the last filled with absolute lack of even the basic sign of intelligence or common sense.
I was going to just leave this alone and laugh to myself but I just couldn't stand by and not say something.
I am usually very polite and understanding when new member's come up with stuff like this but when I see someone who has been here for over six years and this is what they think passes as something out of the ordinary I just have to shake my head.
Really..... is it getting darker at night.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It is getting darker,the suns iospheres have dulled the atmosphere,also the hologram of life may have been tampered with.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, currently I am sitting in the well lit room of my confines...However, when I step outside onto my porch, there is the darkest of dark. Now, I have to mention that I live in an averaged sized town on a well lit street, yet, it seems so damn dark.

Honestly, I wouldn't think much about it if it were just a periodic occurence, but as of late, it's every night. All of that would be well and good if it weren't for the unsettling feeling that accompanies it. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?
edit on 10-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

Hi speak
People can't afford the electric. They turn their lights off more often and the power company pulls the plug on those that can't pay.
And when the sun goes down it is called night and it automaticly gets darker,
ljb
edit on 4/10/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
It is getting darker,the suns iospheres have dulled the atmosphere,also the hologram of life may have been tampered with.

Quite possibly.... Most of it is probably just me.... Seeing that most of the posters who seem to want to reply are just "smart" asses, just forget I mentioned it.
Thanks for your reply, though, paperface.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
just last night i noticed how exceptionally dark it was outside.

...and before the cloud shills come marching in NO there was not any cloud cover...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nope, and I go outside multiple times a night with my dog.

As do I. Usually 10, 12, and then 2 AM. Seems brighter to me. A few nights ago it was clear and I actually saw stars. Took my breath away. I need to get out of the city again soon. Been too long. Still it seems the stars dim every year. Makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Exactly.... I'm trying to relate, as one poster said, "The blackness seems blacker." One poster said, paraphrasing, 'Well, if you're gonna be in a lit room, of course it's gonna be darker when you go outside.' Well, duh!!!! However, how do explain that even if you have become accustomed to the darkness, it still seems darker than normal.

I'm glad there are at least a couple of posters that have some clue as to what I am referring to!! Thank you, infowarrior.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have noticed it as well. It is almost like an envelope of darkness. The nights have been very clear so it is possible there is just less light reflecting off of clouds. Whatever the reason it has definitely seemed darker the last couple of months.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
edit on 11-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I will say that it does seem the moon is shining more intensely, and yes, it is quite beautiful. However, I'm speaking more about on ground level. I guess it could very well be an environmental thing. I haven't really thought about it from that angle.

link   
oh I totally know what your talking about. and that creepy feeling too. Couldn't quite put my fingers on it but I certainly remember looking outside last night and the "blackness" of the black seemed waaaaay blacker.

ps. I have a habit of looking out my window every night stargazing and looking for other phenonema, so I am quite accustomed to letting my eyes adjust to the darkeness...and last night my eyes just could not adjust. it was way too dark.

link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I have noticed it as well. It is almost like an envelope of darkness. The nights have been very clear so it is possible there is just less light reflecting off of clouds. Whatever the reason it has definitely seemed darker the last couple of months.

Yeah, it just seems a bit odd.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join