It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a prophecy, or just a very messed-up nightmare???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i am very sorry if this is in the wrong place.

i started having this recurring dream when i was 11 or 12 - about 15 years ago. i've had this dream so much that i have literally lost track of how many times i've had it, but i would guess hundreds of times. at one point, in my teens, i was having it almost every night for several months straight. then it tapered off to a few times a month for a few years, then several times a year for about 10 years. the last time i had the dream was perhaps a year or two ago, but i still think about it and its implications. if there are any.

the dream always starts in a random spot - sometimes on an airport runway, sometimes on the streets of a suburban neighborhood, sometimes on the beach, etc. - but it always ends exactly the same way. that is, except for the most recent time i had this dream. but i'll get to that in a second.

anywho, the dream always starts normally enough - it's a nice spring day out and everyone is going about their business, la-di-da. where am i in this dream? i'm just one of the people going about their business. then it starts raining. the storm gets bad enough that people run inside so their clothes and hair don't get soaked, but still no big deal. then it starts storming REALLY hard and the sky turns all wonky green-black, and then the tornadoes come - countless tornadoes, as far as you can see in every direction. the entire sky is dark and angry, and the tornadoes are destroying everything. it's so horrible, and there are screams and explosions everywhere. then all of a sudden - as quickly as they dropped down - the tornadoes all "suck" back up into the sky, and everything is still and silent. people are poking their heads out of buildings to see if the destruction is over. then, the black sky cracks open in all these random spots, and brilliant light pours out from the cracks. then, these huge arrows made of fire start falling from the cracks in the sky onto the earth, exploding upon impact and destroying everything. huge explosions. buildings and people are incinerated and just blown to bits. so much death and terror, and the screams. oh God, the horrible screams. i'm still there, watching everything unfold and go to s*it, and now my family is somehow with me. everyone is crying and everyone knows they are going to die an awful, awful death. the dream ends when one of the fire arrows falls upon my family and i, cooking us alive. i'd wake up screaming and sweating, and it would feel like i was on fire.

that's how the dream went every single time i had it, EXCEPT for the most recent time i had it - maybe a year or two ago, like i said. the dream was the same in every way, except neither my family nor myself were part of the crowd as we always were before. they didn't make an appearance in the dream at all, and i was up in the sky somewhere, watching all of this happen down on earth. it was still just as terrifying because all i could do is watch this horrible thing happen to all of these innocent sentient beings.

thoughtz???
edit on 10-4-2012 by Violets because: wrong location for post...?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm going with prophetic.
edit on 10-4-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
thank you for your response!!

some Qs i have that maybe someone could have the answer to:

1) if the dream IS, indeed, prophetic, why have i been having it less and less as the years go by?

2) why did the dream end differently the last time??
edit on 10-4-2012 by Violets because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Violets

Sorry Violets. I edited my last post while you were responding causing you to edit yours.

I know some people don't like being asked about religion so that's why I did it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There are two ways to go with this dream:

The first way is to look at it from a dream interpretation stance: Tornadoes, storms and explosions are supposed to stand for our subconscious anger. Were you an angry child or adolescent?

The second way to look at this is that it is prophetic. Certain times in our lives, we have dreams about the fate of the world well before it happens. Younger people have less stress and tend to be able to get messages in the dream state more clearly. For example, I had a dream when I was 18 (I'm now 50, so this dream occurred in 1979) in which I wanted to see the United States by train. We all boarded, I was excited to see the countryside, but I fell asleep in my seat.

I awoke to find that a bunch of jack-booted, black-jacketed police were on the train, which had stopped. They were yelling at everybody, tearing through the luggage, arresting people en masse, and I got the horrible feeling that we were all going to go to some camp. At the time I had the dream, I thought maybe it was a fear over the Russians taking over the United States.

Thirty three years later, I see that it was a prophetic warning about which way our country was headed.

Prophetic dreams don't necessarily have to happen right before the event.

Listen to your gut feelings....If you feel the dream is prophetic, it most likely is.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
oh man its tornado season and fireball season too!
*starts screaming*

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
thank you!

@will - i started practicing witchcraft soon after i started having the dream, for about 12 years; then i practiced tibetan buddhism for about 2 years; i have been christian for the last couple of years - not orthodox christian, but the "true path" of christ (there is a significant difference!)

@fission - from the first time i had the dream, i "knew" it was going to happen. i didn't even understand things like prophecies or god or the apocalypse when the dream started, but i had the unshakable feeling that this particular dream will come true (sickening, horrible feeling). i always hope that it's just a result of seeing too much scary end-of-the-world fearmongering content through mainstream media, and not a prophecy at all. i was quite angry as a child, but i have no idea why - i had a very good childhood. i am not an angry person at all now, except for when it comes to the kinds of things that we discuss on this site. from a psychological perspective, i wonder if a recurring dream like that would be subconsciously motivated by guilt? i'm not sure what the guilt would be over, but i guess it could be anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I haven't practiced anything, but I have seen two dreams with the same themes: in one dream, huge tornados ripped apart everything, and in the other dream, fireballs torn the sky and the land apart. This was around 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Violets

I thought is very similar.
Copying-pasting from another forum, post date is Wed Mar 21, 2012

I was then shown a vision of many fiery meteors striking the earth. I knew this meant destruction.
I then asked my vision " where would I be when this occurs?"
and I was shown something that baffled me.
I was sitting on a ledge with several other beings looking down at something.
Only we were not ourselves as we exist in human form,
we were what I can only describe as a pure energy being made of light.
We were looking down at a portal, watching from another dimension as the earth was being destroyed.
I was told by my vision that I "would be here with me, all of you will"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nirvi

whoa... that's trippy, sounds a lot like my dream. so i guess other people are having it too then??

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violets
thank you!

@will - i started practicing witchcraft soon after i started having the dream, for about 12 years; then i practiced tibetan buddhism for about 2 years; i have been christian for the last couple of years - not orthodox christian, but the "true path" of christ (there is a significant difference!)

To offer a possibly explanation to the end section of your dream where you see the catastrophe from the skies:

1 Thessalonians 4 -16: 18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Therefore comfort one another with these words.

If you are a Christian and have put your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ' death on the cross, you believe in your heart that Jesus is your Lord and Savior according to these verses (John 3;16, 1 John 5:13, Romans 3:24, 26, 28-30, 4:3, 4:5, 5:1,9, 10:4, 9-10, 11:6, Galatians 2:16, 2:21, 3:5-6, 14, 22, 24, Ephesians 1:13, 2:8, Philippians 3:9 - you will be caught up into the skies in an event known in contemporary language as the rapture, prior to the great tribulation period Jesus said was going to come on the earth (Matthew 24 particularly verses 21, 22).

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I totally agree with Surrealist.

The reason you are witnessing Armageddon from above instead of from the ground is because you found Jesus Christ since you first started having this dream.

new topics

top topics

join