It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues in V for Vendetta: For current events, Syria and WW3/4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good evening one and all,

As we know the situation in Syria, on going and ever worse at least what that is what we are told by the MSM.

Now unless I have missed something, I have no seen anything here on ATS about the recent "incursions" by Syrian forces into Turkey.

OK, so let me begin. The other night I was watching once again V for Vendetta. yes its a word of fiction, I know that. However there is one seen where the two police detective are discussing the military records of "Commander" Protheroe.

To paraphrase the line is "service in Kurdistan, and Syria", "Before and after!"

Before and after what??

Now to bring this back to current events. The syrian forces attack a refugee camp inside Turkish territory. As most will be aware the Turkish government has fought a long 'war' with the PKK, the Kurdish Separatists movement, for Kurdish autonomous region inside SE Turkey. Now we have Syria pushing the border.

Russia, is in support of Syria, and very close to Turkey through Georgia (now abandoned by the West) and Armenia.

Turkey has control of the Bosphorous straights, which lead to the Black Sea, Do you see the chess pieces moving?

Add to that that Turkey is a member of NATO. So consider the following

Turkish government sends forces to reinforce the Syrian (not good friends) Border. There are border clashes. At the same time the PKK push from northern Iraq. The Turk counter attack the entire region. Russia threaten retaliation. and moves into Georgia.

Chechnya escalates attacks on Russian troops, but is overrun, along with Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Turkey blockades the Bosphorus. and in response, NATO forces from based in Italy, and Cyrpus mive closer to into the region to counter Russian forces. but here I see this stopping. I don't see the Turk engaging the Russians

Now we have to consider china. They have already threatened retaliation if Iran is attacked..

Now here is where things get sticky. If NATO is called into Kurdish areas of Northern Iraq and Syria to Surely at that point Iran would move west into Shi'ite areas of Iraq (again)

the key stone to this as Always is Israel. if NATO (including the US) is in Syria, and further north in Iraq. Can we say Hezbollah might act in the occupied territories. If Israel use this as another excuse to move into Lebanon. I can see the Turks flipping sides. bolstered by the Russians, and the Iranians on the left flank. Pakistan and Afghanistan in uproar. NATO running headlong into the Med to back up Israel, Iran pushing the afghans and eastern Iraq. The Russians threatening the eastern Med with the black sea fleet. And china rolling his sleeves up.

And this I fear is the beginning. The start? Kuristand and Syria. as foretold by the film V for Vendetta. Thoughts?

Now. I was born in the 70's and was child in the 80's living under the cloud of annihilation by Soviet missiles. I now many here are also, but a lot here are not, and this can be told by the flippant way they refer to the use of nuclear weapons. "Just nuke'em and let god sort it out etc..". But at this time, I have a very similar feeling to that I had in the 80's, a real sense of imminence, and foreboding.

Last time in the 70's the middle east was a proxy battle ground between the Warsaw pact and NATO.
Now, it just might be for real.

Would appreciate if anyone had any further thoughts on the geo-politics we see unfurling before us. and perhaps we can put together a list of critical risk points to look out for. Like the key dominoes in a sequence of events. each cascading onwards to complete collapse.

But I hope it is just an over active imagination. But someone, I fear not.

Peace

JF

edit on 10/4/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

S+F I would have to say that you covered the bases with most all of the parties involved. I would like to see where India, Japan, Indonesia and the Korea's play out in your scenario. The rest of what you have presented sounded pretty spot on.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe not a work of fiction as some might expect.

Alan Moore used recreational drugs to induce bizarre lucid experiences with what he called a "Demon" who told him what to write. I heard this little gem from an episode of Coast to Coast AM back in October.

Take from that what you will.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Definatley getting closer to war considering Turkey is a NATO country if Syria did attack it last night we can only wait and see

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Because the anarchist comic book writer has foresight into geopolitics? Probably not, but since the Hollywood interpretation is kinda more bourgeoisie I see where you're coming from.

birdsbeforethestorm.net...

So I think you're actually looking for clues where the original author just intended a foreshadowing of events to come. You can't look for clues to reality in a fictional book, you'll find a distorted parabolic mirror, smoke and mirrors. Where there is smoke there is fire, obviously Alan Moore knows what he's making, and it's an interpretation of what is wrong with society as it degrades.

I... I think I'll pass on handing you a flag but a star for thinking critically of course.

Alan Moore isn't going to give you secrets to a global conspiracy anymore than Warren Ellis is going to wear a Spiderman costume.

But if you understand why, you'll understand how I said that.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

To be honest I didn't go looking for clues. I have never read the book / comic (although i almost bought it the other day, but didn't) and have no real interest in such. I just thought it was an odd thing to mention. However the rest of the post I think can stand on it's own merit.

The V connection may be coincidental, or as one poster above stated it could have been prophetic. I personally though it was an interesting lead in to what is a very dangerous situation.

chin chin!

JF

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Alan Moore was on hardtalk last night. On the BBC 24 news channel. He spoke about his works. He said that the movi V for vendetta was nothing like the book. Seems he was in complete disagreement of the movi and the message that it was portaying, Im sure if you go to the BBC I player you can view the interview. It was an interesting show for me as I didnt know that he had written the book. Id only seen the movi.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Funny this ...

I just watched V for Vendetta just a couple of nights ago ... It had been a few years since I saw it last. I was surprised by some of the "news" running in the background through the movie and thought the bit about Syria was particularly interesting .... V came out in 2005 ... hmmm ....

edit on 11-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Huge fan of the film - hence the username

Yes I agree, I watched it again the other day, was feeling a bit of despair with the world & nothing cheers me up like some V for Vendetta quotes

I watched it with the subtitles on and agree with you on the Syria point as the way in which the assisting officer lists the countries off to Finch when talking about Protheroe's past are scarily in time with what is/has been going on in the world.

And is it any coincidence that in V for Vendetta the security is heightened all around the UK, they are all aware they are being monitored...as is in the UK right now?
Certainly made me think...although my assumption is they (UK government) have been doing it for years, just being truthful about it now (makes a change for once)

Back to the point in case, I'm sure there's more in this film too that is worth looking into, I remember when it first came out I actually bought it as I was so mesmerised by the links to the ongoing world & slowly unfolding....think that will be tonight's film of choice for me

edit on 11-4-2012 by Evey86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OK, forget the film, considering what is happening between Turkey and Syria at the moment, Can we consider this the start on the above scenario?? All eyes on what happens next and what Russia / China will do about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   

We sure like attacking targets in Syria. Obama then Trump, and now Biden.

Our U.S. military killed some terrorist(s) in a cottage there, a few hours ago.

www.foxnews.com...

originally posted by: JakiusFogg

As we know the situation in Syria, on going and ever worse at least what that is what we are told by the MSM.

Now unless I have missed something, I have no seen anything here on ATS about the recent "incursions" by Syrian forces into Turkey.

OK, so let me begin. The other night I was watching once again V for Vendetta. yes its a word of fiction, I know that. However there is one seen where the two police detective are discussing the military records of "Commander" Protheroe.

To paraphrase the line is "service in Kurdistan, and Syria", "Before and after!"

Before and after what??

Now to bring this back to current events. The syrian forces attack a refugee camp inside Turkish territory. As most will be aware the Turkish government has fought a long 'war' with the PKK, the Kurdish Separatists movement, for Kurdish autonomous region inside SE Turkey. Now we have Syria pushing the border.

Russia, is in support of Syria, and very close to Turkey through Georgia (now abandoned by the West) and Armenia.

Turkey has control of the Bosphorous straights, which lead to the Black Sea, Do you see the chess pieces moving?

Turkish government sends forces to reinforce the Syrian (not good friends) Border. There are border clashes. At the same time the PKK push from northern Iraq. The Turk counter attack the entire region. Russia threaten retaliation. and moves into Georgia.

Chechnya escalates attacks on Russian troops, but is overrun, along with Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Turkey blockades the Bosphorus. and in response, NATO forces from based in Italy, and Cyrpus mive closer to into the region to counter Russian forces. but here I see this stopping. I don't see the Turk engaging the Russians

Now we have to consider china. They have already threatened retaliation if Iran is attacked..

Now here is where things get sticky. If NATO is called into Kurdish areas of Northern Iraq and Syria to Surely at that point Iran would move west into Shi'ite areas of Iraq (again)

the key stone to this as Always is Israel. if NATO (including the US) is in Syria, and further north in Iraq. Can we say Hezbollah might act in the occupied territories. If Israel use this as another excuse to move into Lebanon. I can see the Turks flipping sides. bolstered by the Russians, and the Iranians on the left flank. Pakistan and Afghanistan in uproar. NATO running headlong into the Med to back up Israel, Iran pushing the afghans and eastern Iraq. The Russians threatening the eastern Med with the black sea fleet. And china rolling his sleeves up.

And this I fear is the beginning. The start? Kuristand and Syria. as foretold by the film V for Vendetta. Thoughts?

Now. I was born in the 70's and was child in the 80's living under the cloud of annihilation by Soviet missiles. I now many here are also, but a lot here are not, and this can be told by the flippant way they refer to the use of nuclear weapons. "Just nuke'em and let god sort it out etc..". But at this time, I have a very similar feeling to that I had in the 80's, a real sense of imminence, and foreboding.

Last time in the 70's the middle east was a proxy battle ground between the Warsaw pact and NATO.

Would appreciate if anyone had any further thoughts on the geo-politics we see unfurling before us. and perhaps we can put together a list of critical risk points to look out for. Like the key dominoes in a sequence of events. each cascading onwards to complete collapse.

Peace

JF

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We sure like attacking targets in Syria. Obama then Trump, and now Biden.

Our U.S. military killed some terrorist(s) in a cottage there, a few hours ago.

www.foxnews.com...

originally posted by: JakiusFogg

Before and after what??

Peace

JF

Biden is so happy his leadership finally got a GUILTY person killed.

After he wakes up (long night celebrating), he's making an announcement to the nation!

Unfortunately, as Obama and Trump found out, there's always the next terrorist, waiting to take the place of the removed terrorist.

top topics

join