It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Doesn't really matter where I post it, they'll see it. I can imagine the mods might have trouble deciding where it goes though.

PsyOps

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

"Et tu, Brute?" - Julius Caesar

Cesar never said that,that was Shakespeare.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

No kidding? Didn't know that. Nonetheless I think it gets the point across. Obviously you and I disagree here and there, but I'm sure you agree we live in a cut throat back stabbing world.

I'm listening to a playlist on random play and it just said "What we have here is failure to communicate." Appropriate I think. The song is Guns 'n' Roses - Civil War.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

cool hand luke...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by Symbiot

cool hand luke...

So I've been told. Never seen it though.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In regards to the church hiding and/or destroying certain scriptures. Secrets give rise to wild imaginations and honestly I don't know why they destroyed them. Perhaps they did so because the texts were too gruesome. That is, if people were to lay eyes upon them they might just start treating each other even worse than they already did.

I knew someone that dreams of killing his daughter. This is not something he is doing in a literal sense, but metaphorically he does kill her. When he beats her emotionally it is equal to literal murder. The metaphor tells it as it is. He does not want to be, but he is in fact a cold blooded killer.

Edit: The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
edit on 15-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Jesus existed several hundred years before the bible was assembled and up until about 585 ad christians did not believe in the literal jesus. Up until about 585 a lamb was shown at the cross and then one day poof it was decided that jesus was literal and the lamb was gone.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can only assume that this is a joke done in exceptionally poor taste. Perhaps the OP should research early Christians, and the torment and terror they recieved at the hands of Rome. Rome did not even adopt the Christian religion until 380 AD.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Rome tormented and terrorized everyone, not just Christians. The emperors of Rome tormented and terrorized themselves even. Guess what? Christians torment and terrorize too, wonder where they learned that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

History is quite hazy. You know how people lie today? Well they lied back then too so any written evidence of anything is quite possibly tainted by the agendas of those who wrote it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join