It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yes, christianity is partly based on Egyptian religions, partly based on paganism, and partly jewish. It's amazing how modern christians don't see how so much of their religion is based on these other ones, like christmas (pagan), Sunday worship(sun god) and of course saying Amen is obviously from the Egyptian Amen-ra.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hello Charles.

The way you put that together made me laugh. Your talent for "naive sarcasm" isn't missed on me. I don't know if you've read it, but, there is a really good ATS thread called "All Roads Lead to Rome. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you think that slaves were spending much of their time having "gay" sex, and the slave owners were losing potential profits over it? Man, I'd like to see that reference.

Roman citizens were quite the partiers, as I understand. They didn't have jobs, they had slaves. Not the African American kind of bondage slavery, so much, as the slaves were the working class. They were integrated into society and attended gatherings, circuses, orgies, what have you. I can imagine that homosexual affairs, which were common in that era of Rome, could effect work productivity.

So, if I understand the timeline correctly, the Romans launched a 300-year project to put down discontented slaves by finding and hiring a magician who did amazing things. His followers then wrote what they saw and heard from Him in the 1st Century. To this was added writings from other religions which everybody already knew about.

This was allowed to continue for at least 200 years, during which time Christianity was sometimes tolerated and sometimes persecuted. When it was persecuted, it was because the Romans wanted to create more believers. Who knows what they wanted when Christianity was tolerated. Then all of the writings, which had circulated all over the Roman world by then, and had reputations among the believers, were considered and put into one volume. Which was a rule book for slaves who were apparently being entrusted with creating the new Roman Empire. That rule book formed the United States, which doesn't have any slaves, and fought against having them.

BREAD AND CIRCUSES! www.abovetopsecret.com...

As Rome expanded it was by and large a very good place to live for its day. The Roman Republic had developed a system of representative democracy very similar to our own, the Laws were précise and fixed, judgments were not arbitrary nor capricious and Roman Citizens had extreme privileges and rights in this system.

One of them was Bread and Circuses, poor Roman plebes of the common class who could not feed themselves were guaranteed free bread by the state, and sundry entertainments from theatre and plays, to music to gladiatorial combat and other forms of sports.

To err on the conservative side, could we say that it would be fair to say that magicians portraying a concept of Jesus, could have been hired as an educational and entertaining way to put forth a preset idea of who Jesus was and what he said and did? Turning water into wine, raising the dead healing the sick. All done could at times be done in campy fanfare of the times, or done in the style of a drama or mystery play. This of course would be done in the politically correct interpretation of TPTB of the time.

Anyway, that makes sense to me.

edit on 10-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Yes, christianity is partly based on Egyptian religions, partly based on paganism, and partly jewish. It's amazing how modern christians don't see how so much of their religion is based on these other ones, like christmas (pagan), Sunday worship(sun god) and of course saying Amen is obviously from the Egyptian Amen-ra.

It is a bit odd that they don't notice that 'heathen' religions make up their own. Is that what one would call hypocritical?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
big thing of christianity,,,, old testament god of bible says thou shall have no gods before me( 10 commandments) new christianity mainly focuses on the life of jesus,, an idol, and a worshiped man before god,,, its as christianity is a mockey of jesus ( i believe a radical/mystical/philosopher) and his worshippers created by the ancient roman church and bible assembliers,,, it makes individuals spiritualy worship,, god, the indivudals existence and reality, vicariously through jesus,,,,,, WWJD? SHH ( shake his head)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

A couple of years ago I was repeatedly visited by some Mormon missionaries. They didn't really care for me, I had no money, but they were after a friend of mine who always wanted me to tag along. My friend was gay and just thought the missionaries were cute, but they thought they could convert him, although I knew otherwise.

Anyway at some point they took us to visit their church which was more like an office building. They showed us this temple, outside of the church, built to honor Jesus. I didn't say anything to them, but this temple built to honor an advocate of the poor was constructed almost purely of imported marble. We were not allowed in this temple as we were not Mormon, this temple built to honor a man that advocated acceptance was exclusive.

Well I actually think Jesus is a symbol for the ideals he stood for, not an actual person. Love, acceptance, humbleness, peace, etc... So in that sense worshiping Jesus would not be placing an idol before god, but instead subscribing to a set of ideals that essentially say "is it really that hard to be nice to each other?"

Edit: I do agree with you though. Under the current Christian belief set the worship of idols is rampant.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

Edit: Oh Oh Oh and I gotta say this. According to these particular Mormons the body of Christ was apparently constructed out of Schwebel's sliced bread.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Symbiot:

And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. Luke 8:10

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Christianity is based on none of those things.

Paganism is denounced in scripture.
"Judaism" is a religion based on Rabbi teachings and Babylonian perversion. There are very few "Jews" who hold to Hebrew scripture only.
Christmas is no where found in scripture nor true worship.
There is zero academic support for your interpretation of the origins of the word amen.

So either you refuse to deny ignorance or you willingly choose to further promote the same indoctrination and propaganda that has been given to the masses with the sole intent of destroying Faith amongst the descendants of faithful Christians. Either way, to willingly accept the lies and deception and promote them as fact is tantamount to doing the work of those who despise Christ Jesus that gave you the lies in the first place.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

The OPs thread is nothing more than the same. It completely ignores one simple element of truth - that Jesus/Yahushua was present throughout the Hebrew scriptures. From the beginning of creation when the Word spoke God's creation into existence on page 1 to the last page. So by our OPs theory, the 'Romans' created every but of scripture from Genesis onwards. Again, the power of the cross is foolishness to those who willingly accept lies of those who despise God Almighty. Jesus came to proclaim freedom to the captives of this world, and He came to save His brethren. Denying who exactly is His brethren based on lies given to you from those who are NOT is the epitome of foolishness. Take out a world map and circle the nations who overwhelming recognised their Saviour - and look at the only nations who are inundated with anti-Christ media, a belief in aliens and rampant materialism. Buddhism thrives, Islam rampages, Eastern philosophy soars, and New Age beliefs runs rampant. Yet Christ Jesus is the phony, the fake, the fable amongst the grandchildren of faithful Christians - the ones denying their very own God - for the Lord's portion is ISRAEL. Us. You may carry on as you do, denying your Creator despite knowing that the 'facts' you present are nothing but lies, or you may continue to believe them because there is no love of truth in your heart. That is the choice given to you. It's easy to rectify by seeking the only source of truth in the universe - HIM.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Hmmm... I think you just have a really really big head.

I wonder if it's something about a small chunk of arbitrary land or maybe he just likes whatever is real as in things that are true rather than things that are not true? God is the god of Israel or God is the God of that which is real. Lord knows if God created anything it wasn't not real.
Edit: God does not lie

Edit: Why do I even bother? Every economy on the planet is completely defunct. Tell ya what we can either do something to ease the transition to an economy-less, nation-less society or sit and wait 'till people start tearing each other limb from limb.

Edit: By the way the Roman's are not the only ones that had a good time screwing with slave heads. Believe it or not people were greedy back then to, what a shocker eh?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
Symbiot:

And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. Luke 8:10

Only you truly understand yourself. I nor anyone else will ever truly understand what it's like to enjoy the things that you enjoy or want the things that you want. Only you understand your own kingdom, no one else gets you like you get you. It's your life not mine or theirs, but yours.

Edit:
I'm a smoker and as I understand it smoking reduces ones lung capacity over time. When I was in high school my science teacher brought in a machine to test a persons lung capacity, mine registered off the chart. I wonder if there wasn't a reason for that extra space.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Paganism is denounced in scripture

The cross was a pagan symbol before christianity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I don't have any evidence to back it up, but I'm pretty sure Christianity has a lot of Pagan in her. She's got a lot of a lot in her, might say she's a whore.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
great another religious history expert.

For instance, most slave owners wanted their slaves to mate so they could obtain more slaves without having to purchase them, they made it appear as though God said thou shall not be gay.

Or.... The Lex Scantinia was written before the Christians were in Rome and they did not recognize gay marriages either.

For instance, most slave owners wanted their slaves to mate so they could obtain more slaves without having to purchase them, they made it appear as though God said thou shall not be gay.

????? Where do you come up with this stuff? First off the christian leaders of Rome were the ones who gave slaves more rights. And second of all that makes no sense, a slave is a slave if non-christian slave owners wanted to "mate" their slaves they could, having gay sex does not eliminate one's ability to procreate.

In the wake of Rome's collapse came the dark ages,

The term "dark ages" is not really used anymore because of all the the myths people believe about it.

Jesus did exist, but he was actually just a magician hired by the Roman authorities to trick their illiterate slaves into believing in the new religion.

lol yeah and Cesar was just a lion that could talk and Rome was actually a giant UFO. That is the TRUTH!!

edit on 12-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, obviously I disagree. I have to say I find it a bit odd that you seem to be under the impression that gay sex can result in a child, but to each their own I always say. As for the dark ages would you prefer that I call them the middle ages or The Holy Roman Empire? No offense, but it does seem slightly nit picky.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Romanization

of the

Vedas.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, obviously I disagree. I have to say I find it a bit odd that you seem to be under the impression that gay sex can result in a child, but to each their own I always say. As for the dark ages would you prefer that I call them the middle ages or The Holy Roman Empire? No offense, but it does seem slightly nit picky.

It's okay, in life some things will just go over your head. You should get used to it and take some time and look up the difference between fact and opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I could say the same to you. You say Jesus Christ as a person is a fact, if that were true then why is it so widely debated? you say gay sex can result in child birth and that's a fact, if that were true then why do guys not have wombs?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
In Understanding origins of Christianity, which is based on the old testament, the old testament must be explored, which is based on much older Phoenician origins. The Hebrew Alphabet is derived from the Phoenician, ( Ugarit ) including stories of flood and many other old testament stories and theologies. The origins of Judaism are within Phoenician history and culture, as well as most modern alphabets.

When the old testament is translated word by word in ancient Hebrew, a very different outline and theology emerges than what is popularly accepted and taught in western civilization.

This occurs again when translation is extended to new testament from original Aramaic and Greek, a different theology emerges than what has been popularly presented and taught.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I could say the same to you. You say Jesus Christ as a person is a fact, if that were true then why is it so widely debated?

Like i said, look up fact and then look up opinion.

you say gay sex can result in child birth and that's a fact, if that were true then why do guys not have wombs?

I never said anything like that. Please show me where I did,do it now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

I could say the same to you. You say Jesus Christ as a person is a fact, if that were true then why is it so widely debated?

Like i said, look up fact and then look up opinion.

you say gay sex can result in child birth and that's a fact, if that were true then why do guys not have wombs?

I never said anything like that. Please show me where I did,do it now.

Oh I'm sorry, but I don't take orders from you. Here's a thought, scroll up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by suntzewang

Interesting how people have so many different opinions as to what Christian beliefs are actually based on. So far I haven't seen anyone say they are original.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join