It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Bible was not written, but assembled by the Roman empire. After having conquered many people of various different beliefs the Romans found that their own citizens, slaves, were at each others throats because of their different beliefs and past feuds.

In an effort to strengthen the empire Roman authorities assembled the Bible by cherry picking various scriptures from a variety of religions already found in their empire. What this did was create a new religion, Catholicism, which was familiar to all of the empire's religions thus making it more acceptable to the people. The scriptures were assembled in such a way so that not only was the new religion more palatable, but also served as a rule book for which the slaves were to follow. For instance, most slave owners wanted their slaves to mate so they could obtain more slaves without having to purchase them, they made it appear as though God said thou shall not be gay.

The Roman empire did eventually collapse, but their home brew religion remained deeply ingrained in the minds of those who survived. In the wake of Rome's collapse came the dark ages, the Holy Roman Empire or Rome Mk II. People staunchly believed in the Bible and did their best to follow it's rules. Being as how the Bible was basically a blue print for the Roman empire the Catholic believers unknowingly re-built the Roman empire by following the rules of Rome's custom religion ultimately resulting in the creation of the United States or Rome Mk III.

Again though, Rome assembled the Bible from pre-existing religious scriptures. The Roman authorities did not believe in such things, just wanted more power and more slaves. The Roman's did not know...

P.S. Jesus did exist, but he was actually just a magician hired by the Roman authorities to trick their illiterate slaves into believing in the new religion. Most Roman slaves did not care much for the Roman empire, few people like to be conquered, so they used reverse psychology to trick their illiterate slaves into believing that Rome was against the new religion. The slaves bought it and thought they had won when Rome converted to Christianity.

1337atr.weebly.com...

Edit: It's not a conspiracy, it's ignorance. The truth behind Rome's lies died with Rome, the Catholic's did not know that their religion was complete BS.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Symbiot because: It's not a conspiracy, it's ignorance

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Awesome thread

I have been listening to a great podcast by a guy called Mike Duncan about the History of Rome. Mike Duncan is a funny guy and his podcasts are interesting and easy to listen to.

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com...

There are a couple podcasts on Jesus and catholicism. They basically cover everything you need to know about Roman History.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Sweet....can you provide some links to back this up?
I'm very interested to know the actual history of the current 'doctrines'.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Nope, like I said it's not a conspiracy just a lie that wouldn't die, no one knew the truth behind this. You're welcomed to do your own research on the history of Rome, Christianity, etc and come up with your own conclusions.

Christmas is a good place to check out though, notice how it's just a conglomeration of other religious traditions. Christmas was originally Saturna, a celebration of the Roman god Saturn. It was celebrated around the same time Christmas is today and involved gift giving and even a role reversal where slaves would become masters for a day. Saturna was a favorite of the slaves so it needed to be kept to appease the slaves and help entice them to the new religion.

I'm not sure what you mean about current doctrines? If you're talking about Catholic doctrines I can say that the church has, just like the Roman empire itself, changed hands time and time again. Currently a former Nazi is in control of the church, but who knows how long that will last. Funny how the church is just like the Roman empire, a coup takes place from time to time so the church is constantly changing direction and doctrines. Catholics and Christians alike don't know and don't care. They've been taught since birth not to use their heads so they don't. Obviously the Romans did not want their slaves to out-smart them so teaching them not to use their brains was a must. Probably why the Romans burned the Egyptian Great Library, they knew they'd eventually be enslaving many Egyptians when they got around to it and didn't want them too smart when that time came.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Christmas is a good place to check out though, notice how it's just a conglomeration of other religious traditions. Christmas was originally Saturna, a celebration of the Roman god Saturn. It was celebrated around the same time Christmas is today and involved gift giving and even a role reversal where slaves would become masters for a day. Saturna was a favorite of the slaves so it needed to be kept to appease the slaves and help entice them to the new religion.

Mike has a good podcast on Christmas too. Sounds like you know could do some podcasts of your own on the subject. Im surprised that they have managed to keep this religion going really.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Surprised that any religion has lasted this long. They all say the same damn thing and no one ever noticed. As for podcasts, I already recognized the attempts to capture my voice for synthetic replication. Good luck

"Souls do not develop because they become distracted." -Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Dear Symbiot,

As others here might tell you, I am Mr. Confusion and I was hoping you'd clear up some confusion I'm experiencing from your thread. Any help would be appreciated.

The truth behind Rome's lies died with Rome,
Then, how do you know it? How is anyone supposed to?

After having conquered many people of various different beliefs the Romans found that their own citizens, slaves, were at each others throats because of their different beliefs and past feuds.
I know there were a couple of civil wars prior to 1 A.D., but I don't know of any between slaves of different beliefs or feuds. Most of the disruptions were between the aristocrats and the lower class as I understand it. The Hellenes weren't fighting Venus worshippers as far as I can tell. Would you tell me which conflicts you're thinking about?

For instance, most slave owners wanted their slaves to mate so they could obtain more slaves without having to purchase them, they made it appear as though God said thou shall not be gay.
Do you think that slaves were spending much of their time having "gay" sex, and the slave owners were losing potential profits over it? Man, I'd like to see that reference.

So, if I understand the timeline correctly, the Romans launched a 300-year project to put down discontented slaves by finding and hiring a magician who did amazing things. His followers then wrote what they saw and heard from Him in the 1st Century. To this was added writings from other religions which everybody already knew about.

This was allowed to continue for at least 200 years, during which time Christianity was sometimes tolerated and sometimes persecuted. When it was persecuted, it was because the Romans wanted to create more believers. Who knows what they wanted when Christianity was tolerated. Then all of the writings, which had circulated all over the Roman world by then, and had reputations among the believers, were considered and put into one volume. Which was a rule book for slaves who were apparently being entrusted with creating the new Roman Empire. That rule book formed the United States, which doesn't have any slaves, and fought against having them.

When the Church leaders (who must have been working for the Romans) finished their Bible-forming, it created a new Religion, Catholicism. This was a new religion (presumably unlike the Christianity of the previous two centuries) But everybody recognized it because it was only other religions combined into one. So everyone just switched from Christianity (which was only old religions) to the new religion, Catholicism.

What this did was create a new religion, Catholicism, which was familiar to all of the empire's religions
Christianity, apparently, was replaced by Catholicism.

The eyewitness testimonies found in the Bible are a little difficult to explain, since they weren't part of any ancient religion. But the people who wrote them were known by others and accepted as church leaders.

Even though the Emperor's sometimes called themselves "gods" and demanded to be worshipped, killing those who refused, they really wanted people to disobey and follow the new religion worshipping Jesus. Dipping christians in oil then setting fire to them was part of the "reverse psychology" the Romans used.

Dear Symbiot, can you see why I'm a little confused?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've heard of similar versions of the origins of christianity. (not quite the same though, but close enough)

If this is indeed the way christianity started; gotta take your hats off to the romans orchestrating this conspiracy. Pure genius.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chiroy

Conspiracy is not the word I would use. I suppose you could call it a conspiracy when it originated, but it's not a conspiracy anymore. When Rome fell none of the survivors knew that Christianity was just a Roman lie so it just carried on, no conspiracy.

As for being a conspiracy originally it would've been like taking candy from a baby. The vast majority of the Roman empire was completely illiterate, fooling Roman citizenry was a piece of cake. Light a fire and the slaves thought you were a freakin' god.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The origins of Christianity and the very foundation in which many of the concepts are built upon derive from ancient Kemet(Egypt) as well as ancient Kush(Ethiopia). Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
The origins of Christianity and the very foundation in which many of the concepts are built upon derive from ancient Kemet(Egypt) as well as ancient Kush(Ethiopia). Peace.

I'm not going to say that Egyptian or Ethiopian beliefs didn't make it into Christianity, they probably did, but it's a mix of a lot of older religions, not just Egyptian and Ethiopian.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Roman were taught by Greeks. Greece is credited for being one of the first if not "the" first, real thriving European civilization. The Greeks attribute everything they learned from ancient Kemet (Egypt).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The romans found out its a big job, maybe impossible to hold a conquered people through force of arms, and collect taxes from them.
but if you get them to believe they are free..while they are paying for the cage they are trapped in
(The bars are just to keep the bad people out!)

tything just comes natural, and of course anything that threatens the status quo would be a nonbeliever
and the slaves are always on about DEATH to the UNBELIEVERS!
( the sign said 'welcome to Iraq" )

wow, a self perpetrating pay cage
how perfect is that.

well, the old ideas are wearing out a little, the peeps are catching on - hense this thread..
get ready for the evolution of religion:
CARBON TAXES! (are the new black)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Symbiot

Roman were taught by Greeks. Greece is credited for being one of the first if not "the" first, real thriving European civilization. The Greeks attribute everything they learned from ancient Kemet (Egypt).

And that means what? Like I said the Roman's conquered a variety of people with various different beliefs, including Egyptians. They needed a religion that encompassed all of their beliefs including Kemet. The Yule log is Pagan. Mistletoe came from the druids.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The followers of Jesus were first called 'Christians' in Antioch late 30's AD...
...Christianity did not become a religion until about 313 AD.

Constantine sought to harness the power of the belief that Jesus had raised from the dead as the long awaited Jewish Messiah.

Rome had little or no interest in Christianity for over two and half centuries until it's own power began to arode...
...and harnessing the popularly grassroots groundswell became an advantage to them.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You might start here:
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

or
Joseph Atwell's book - Caesar's Messiah
which I think is available on the internet

but simply - about 2000 years ago the sun started rising in the constellation of Pisces on the spring equinox signifying the start of the age of Pisces and many cults started that where waiting for an avatar of the (then) new age

The Romans said this avatar had come and gone and everybody missed him but not to worry because we are now his representatives on earth and so everybody should do what we say or burn – I think a lot of people in Europe knew what the game was and that’s why the catholic church had to use such brutal methods to get this ‘religion’ accepted

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

It is obvious you aren't well informed on the history we are speaking of in particular. That is fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The Roman's also found out that the very definition of economy requires the constant expansion of an empire. If the empire is not conquering new territories, by whatever means, then the economy collapses period. Rome expanded quickly but then came to a point where they could no longer afford to police their territories and conquer new ones, thus the economy collapsed.

Same deal today. There is no where left to expand for the most part so economies around the globe are collapsing. The very definition of economy dictates that they will all collapse unless the the super powers go to war. Problem there is that they're all too powerful, if they went to war they'd just destroy each other leaving nothing to have an economy. So it's a rock and a hard place. Go to war and die or don't go to war and collapse.

Edit: It doesn't really matter anymore. All nations will cease to exist, plain mathematics and there is no avoiding it.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Symbiot

It is obvious you aren't well informed on the history we are speaking of in particular. That is fine.

Ah yes the old tactic of just call'em stupid with no evidence to back up that statement.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join