Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 4
7
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Talk about ignorance.


You do better, demonstrate some.


He was the neighborhood watch leader.He had every right to be following someone who was in a GATED community that he did not recognize.


Talk about ignorance. He was not the neighborhood watch anything. He was a guy with a gun who was watching people. His neighbors even complained about him because they did not ask him to patrol their streets. He was not part of any neighborhood watch program and if he was, he would have had to be unarmed.

Talk about ignorance. You folks will say anything to see this guy walk.


Yes he was.If you took the time to look you'll be able to find many interviews with neighbors who said they felt comfortable with him doing it.And don't ask me for a link,do the research yourself.You can start by checking out the local news stations.Most even said they felt safer.Have a look around and stop drinking the "treyvon was so innoncent!" kool aid.Personally,I could care less what happens with this case.I'm sick of hearing about it and I truly believe the media is making it into a bigger deal then it needs to be.There's a reason he hasn't been arrested.




posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
And I'm pretty sure the statements from the EMT's and all that are already out.I'll have to dig aroun


Yes, I'm waiting for a source.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Yes he was.


OK, prove me wrong.
He did not belong to the Neighborhood Watch Organization.
He violated several of their rules.
He did not follow any of their SOP.
His neighbors did not ask for, hire, advocate for, demand, request that he be anything.

He was just a guy with a gun watching his neighborhood.
Do not bother telling me I am wrong unless you can back it up.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Talk about ignorance.Strange old man that was a a pervert?Really?28 is old now?And you know he's a pervert how?He was the neighborhood watch leader.He had every right to be following someone who was in a GATED community that he did not recognize.


To me,at my age now, 28 years old seems very young. When I was a teenager a 28 year old (he looks older) was from a different generation and not to be completely trusted. In a teens eye I can see where one would look at Zimmerman as being an "old man". And if he was following me at night I might also consider him a pervert.

Zimmerman screwed up more than once that night.

First, he left his vehichle to persue Martin even though he was well aware that police were on their way. This is not what neighborhood watch is about. You are the eyes to help the police. You observe and report and stay the heck out of the way and let the police do their job!

Secondly, after he began pursuing Martin the dispatcher in effect told him to stand down. Zimmerman ignored it. Another big mistake. As the so called ( there is some dispute here, some have stated that he was the "self-appointed" watch leader) neighborhood watch leader he should have known that this is not S.O.P. but yet he blatantly ignored standard procedure twice.

Then he shot dead an unarmed civilian. Where I come from there is only two words for that, one of which I can not repeat on this site. He messed up.

I still would like to know why this particular neighborhood watch wasn't registered with the National Sheriffs Association. Maybe I am nitpicking but if Zimmerman would have followed their guidelines this whole thing could have been avoided.


He looks older in the picture the media was using.He clearly lost weight and does NOT look the same in video that was released.They (the media) are also using pictures of the "kid" from when he was ten.It's called trying to sway people's opinions.Big bad man picking on a little helpless kid.That's what they were going for and that's what the public believes.

I am not defending Zimmerman.But everything he has said is consistant with the reports that have come out.He shot the kid in self defense.It sucks.But under florida law if what he says is true,which at this point looks like it is,he is not going to be charged.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
does anyone know for sure if that is really zimmerman behind that website?? could be someone looking to scam some donations



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
He looks older in the picture the media was using.He clearly lost weight and does NOT look the same in video that was released.They (the media) are also using pictures of the "kid" from when he was ten.It's called trying to sway people's opinions.Big bad man picking on a little helpless kid.That's what they were going for and that's what the public believes.


So the same media that is trying to make Zimmerman look bad is also trying to make him look heavier?
Why?

BTW, did you notice what else "lost weight" in that video? Like all the cops, the car, the doorway, every object in the room?
The video has already been shown to be squeezed for no good reason. Now how do you blame the media on this?
edit on 11-4-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Yes he was.


OK, prove me wrong.
He did not belong to the Neighborhood Watch Organization.
He violated several of their rules.
He did not follow any of their SOP.
His neighbors did not ask for, hire, advocate for, demand, request that he be anything.

He was just a guy with a gun watching his neighborhood.
Do not bother telling me I am wrong unless you can back it up.


None of that matters under Florida law.Again,I'm not defending Zimmerman.It's sad that Trayvon lost his life.You,like many others are assuming that Zimmerman's side of the story is wrong.Do you really believe he killed him out of cold blood?I can't imagine what it'd be like to take someone's life.Imagine the guilt and all the second guessing and all the "what if's" you'd be feeling.Some people are making it sound like he's sitting there celebrating the fact that he got away with killing someone.I highly doubt that's the case.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970
does anyone know for sure if that is really zimmerman behind that website?? could be someone looking to scam some donations


Pretty sure his "former" lawyers said today they can vouch for the fact that it is his site.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
None of that matters under Florida law.


I did not say anything about Florida law. I was correcting your lie.


Again,I'm not defending Zimmerman.


But you are lying in his defense. That seems odd.


It's sad that Trayvon lost his life.You,like many others are assuming that Zimmerman's side of the story is wrong.Do you really believe he killed him out of cold blood?I can't imagine what it'd be like to take someone's life.Imagine the guilt and all the second guessing and all the "what if's" you'd be feeling.Some people are making it sound like he's sitting there celebrating the fact that he got away with killing someone.I highly doubt that's the case.


Right because it makes more sense to think this nonviolent 17 year old who went to the store to get snacks to watch a basketball game with his little brother probably wanted to get into a fight with some big dude when he was almost home.

That makes WAY MORE SENSE.
Why are you assuming Martin did anything to deserve being followed and shot?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by infowarrior9970
does anyone know for sure if that is really zimmerman behind that website?? could be someone looking to scam some donations


Pretty sure his "former" lawyers said today they can vouch for the fact that it is his site.


mmmmm not quite.

QUOTE:
Zimmerman also set up his own website even as the lawyers were creating one for him at his request. Zimmerman said on his website that he wants "to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries." The site allows visitors to give Zimmerman money for living expenses and legal bills.

only the MSM talking head reporters are claiming its zimmermans site, and well we all know how well they research a story and search for the truth


I don't believe its his site.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by nightstalker78
He looks older in the picture the media was using.He clearly lost weight and does NOT look the same in video that was released.They (the media) are also using pictures of the "kid" from when he was ten.It's called trying to sway people's opinions.Big bad man picking on a little helpless kid.That's what they were going for and that's what the public believes.


So the same media that is trying to make Zimmerman look bad is also trying to make him look heavier?
Why?

BTW, did you notice what else "lost weight" in that video? Like all the cops, the car, the doorway, every object in the room?
The video has already been shown to be squeezed for no good reason. Now how do you blame the media on this?
edit on 11-4-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)


Have you ever viewed an actual security video?And I mean in person,.not online or on tv.I worked in loss prevention for years and I can guarentee that they all look that way.And what I meant was they were using a much older photo of him,where he appears overweight.Look at some of the other recent photos,outside of the video,that was released and you'll see the video is much more accurate.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by nightstalker78
None of that matters under Florida law.


I did not say anything about Florida law. I was correcting your lie.


Again,I'm not defending Zimmerman.


But you are lying in his defense. That seems odd.


It's sad that Trayvon lost his life.You,like many others are assuming that Zimmerman's side of the story is wrong.Do you really believe he killed him out of cold blood?I can't imagine what it'd be like to take someone's life.Imagine the guilt and all the second guessing and all the "what if's" you'd be feeling.Some people are making it sound like he's sitting there celebrating the fact that he got away with killing someone.I highly doubt that's the case.


Right because it makes more sense to think this nonviolent 17 year old who went to the store to get snacks to watch a basketball game with his little brother probably wanted to get into a fight with some big dude when he was almost home.

That makes WAY MORE SENSE.
Why are you assuming Martin did anything to deserve being followed and shot?


Zimmerman is not a big dude.And your lil trayvon wasn't small either.So spare me.I can't believe you're still buying into the whole skittles and iced tea thing.I like how the media has dropped the iced tea thing now though.Again,I couldn't care less what happens with this case.I'm just sick of hearing about it and how the facts are distorted and changed every damn day.Your post is exactly what the public believes.Poor kid goes to store to get snacks and is gunned down by some mean dude for no reason! Please.


ETA: I'm not assuming Trayvon did anything wrong.And he certainly did not deserve to be killed as I've already stated.
edit on 11-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
He looks older in the picture the media was using.


Yes the media has had a field day with this incident, but it still doesn't change the fact that the police department attempted to sweep this incident under the rug by merely taking Zimmerman at his words. In a typical murder case, the killer isn't proven innocent merely by his claims, he needs to demonstrate why he is innocent, Zimmerman didn't do this. He made claims about the incident, and that was about it. It's clearly shown in the audio tape that he was persuing Trayvon. Witnesses accounted for a confrontation, but not the events leading to that confrontation.


He shot the kid in self defense.


You claim you're not defending this guy, yet you're making assumptions again? Why don't you make your position clear here?

Zimmerman decided to persue this kid based on his own suspicions, Trayvon was unarmed. Zimmerman shot Trayvon, Trayvon died. Zimmerman claimed that it was in self defense and that Trayvon attacked him first. I presume you're just taking him for his words right? But you're not defending the guy? Just taking him for his words?


he is not going to be charged.


Well this is your position. I can tell you one thing, even if Zimmerman isn't charged, his face and his name has been planted for everybody to see. His actions will not go unnoticed and people will not forget. He has himself to blame, instead trying to play border patrol, he should have stayed put as advised by the police operator. He didn't listen, now he's learning the hard way.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Food for thought -

His lawyers may have left for different reasons. We have been hearing that Sanford is a tinder box waiting for a spark. Surrounding law enforcement agencies have been requested to respond to Sanford if / when things go down hill.

The special prosecutor opted not to use a grand jury to indict for one of two reasons. Either the forensic evidence can stand on its own to the extent of the prosecutor feeling a grand jury is not needed or the forensic evidence is circumstantial with the possibility of the results being used by both defense and prosecution (differing theories for those not familiar). The other possibility is no charges are going to be filed. The grand jury system should not be used as an end run around to the law. They would run the gambit of prosecutorial misconduct.

Personally speaking I am starting to get the impression that the evidence supports Zimmerman's claims and all of the above is done to prep for that announcement. Its not often you see a special prosecutor holding a news conference prior to any charges / arrests being made. If she is going to prosecute then the media would come second in order instead of first.

Zimmerman's lawyers would have been notified if an arrest warrant has been issued. Zimmerman could have been arrested at any point by the special prosecutor filing charges. Since that has not occurred its possible Zimmerman was told directly charges are not going to be filed.

That would be incentive enough for Zimmerman to go into hiding / heading out of state. Its also possible why the press conference was given a 72 hour _ Allow him to to get to a destination before the city erupts.

From a constitutional / civil rights point of view the media coverage on this incident has all but assured, should Zimmerman be charged and found guilty, the possibility of an appeal based on due process violations. Zimmerman's side can argue the media coverage has made it almost impossible for him to get a fair child since people have pretty much made up their minds. Going for a change of venue should prove to be interesting should it come to that.

I don't think she is going to prosecute and I think the press conference is to explain in detail why that is.

This is just a guess based on the newer info coming out.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by nightstalker78
He looks older in the picture the media was using.


Yes the media has had a field day with this incident, but it still doesn't change the fact that the police department attempted to sweep this incident under the rug by merely taking Zimmerman at his words. In a typical murder case, the killer isn't proven innocent merely by his claims, he needs to demonstrate why he is innocent, Zimmerman didn't do this. He made claims about the incident, and that was about it. It's clearly shown in the audio tape that he was persuing Trayvon. Witnesses accounted for a confrontation, but not the events leading to that confrontation.


He shot the kid in self defense.


You claim you're not defending this guy, yet you're making assumptions again? Why don't you make your position clear here?

Zimmerman decided to persue this kid based on his own suspicions, Trayvon was unarmed. Zimmerman shot Trayvon, Trayvon died. Zimmerman claimed that it was in self defense and that Trayvon attacked him first. I presume you're just taking him for his words right? But you're not defending the guy? Just taking him for his words?


he is not going to be charged.


Well this is your position. I can tell you one thing, even if Zimmerman isn't charged, his face and his name has been planted for everybody to see. His actions will not go unnoticed and people will not forget. He has himself to blame, instead trying to play border patrol, he should have stayed put as advised by the police operator. He didn't listen, now he's learning the hard way.


They did not attempt to sweep it under the rug.It's been big news here in Central Florida since the first week of March.And I'm not making assumptions.I'm basing my opinion on the facts.And not my emotions.Everyone is stuck on the fact that he was 17.As if a 17 year could not over power you or I?It happens.You say he decided to persue this kid.Yes,he did.But he said he was returning to his truck when trayvon confronted him.And that's proven by witnesses and the audio.And he's under no obligation to follow a 911 dispatcher.They are not the police.That claim is getting old.

Look,I think this case is cut and dry.I believe it was self defense and that the media blew this up into a much bigger thing then it should've been..It's already come out that the audio tapes were edited by the media.I am not saying what Zimmerman did was right,but if he was defending himself unfortunatley the law says he can use deadly force if he was afraid for his life.
edit on 11-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
In a typical murder case, the killer isn't proven innocent merely by his claims, he needs to demonstrate why he is innocent, Zimmerman didn't do this. He made claims about the incident, and that was about it. It's clearly shown in the audio tape that he was persuing Trayvon. Witnesses accounted for a confrontation, but not the events leading to that confrontation.


Im not quite sure where you are from but in the US its not the defendant that must prove his innocence. He is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by jury or judge. Its the requirement of the prosecution (state) to convince a judge or jury that the defendant, based on all evidence, violated the law.

If I were to walk next door and plug my neighbor in the chest with my gun for no reason at all (based on my states law) I would be arrested. The police / PA will investigate and if warranted file charges. Its then up to the PA to argue that I broke the law. I am under no obligation to speak to them, take the stand etc.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Let me reiterate a number of points to the those who lack the comprehension skills to accurately describe the known evidence of what happened the night of the killing:

1) There was no fight. That was a lie manufactured by GZ to "justify" the shooting.
2) The timeline established by the 911 call, and by Trayvon's aborted call to his girlfriend do not leave nearly enough time for events to have unfolded the way GZ portrayed them.
3) The fight scenario was completely debunked by GZ appearance in the police station video. There were no stains on his clothing; not even a smudge; and no blood. Nor were there any visible injuries.
4) His nose was not broken, nor had his head been "bashed" into the concrete. There are no injuries, or even bandages on display to indicate that such injuries occurred. His demeanor also did not fit a scenario in which he had been "fighting for his life" a scant 35 minutes earlier.
5) The coroner who examined Trayvon's body found no marks on his hands or arms to indicate that a violent struggle had taken place.
5) Again, the entire "fight" scenario is a boldfaced lie concocted by GZ in the immediate aftermath of the murder.
------------------

To the fool who suggested that Trayvon's parents "lost track" of their son, they were frantically searching for him but the police department did not inform them of Trayvon's death, despite reportedly having his contact information. His body was kept as a "John Doe" for those three days, again despite reports that stated they knew who he was. This is official malfeasance, not a fault of Martin's parents.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shepseskaf
 


Feel free to back up your opinions since you are offering them as facts.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Why don't you use the Internet and do your own research?

Also, note that the LEAD detective on the case DID NOT BELIEVE GZ's story after interviewing him, and was going to arrest and charge him with manslaughter, at least.

This fact is conveniently ignored by GZ's deluded defenders. The killer would have been charged that very night by the recommendation of the lead detective, if it hadn't been vetoed by the political hack who ran the State Attorney's Office.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
Let me reiterate a number of points to the those who lack the comprehension skills to accurately describe the known evidence of what happened the night of the killing:

1) There was no fight. That was a lie manufactured by GZ to "justify" the shooting.
2) The timeline established by the 911 call, and by Trayvon's aborted call to his girlfriend do not leave nearly enough time for events to have unfolded the way GZ portrayed them.
3) The fight scenario was completely debunked by GZ appearance in the police station video. There were no stains on his clothing; not even a smudge; and no blood. Nor were there any visible injuries.
4) His nose was not broken, nor had his head been "bashed" into the concrete. There are no injuries, or even bandages on display to indicate that such injuries occurred. His demeanor also did not fit a scenario in which he had been "fighting for his life" a scant 35 minutes earlier.
5) The coroner who examined Trayvon's body found no marks on his hands or arms to indicate that a violent struggle had taken place.
5) Again, the entire "fight" scenario is a boldfaced lie concocted by GZ in the immediate aftermath of the murder.
------------------

To the fool who suggested that Trayvon's parents "lost track" of their son, they were frantically searching for him but the police department did not inform them of Trayvon's death, despite reportedly having his contact information. His body was kept as a "John Doe" for those three days, again despite reports that stated they knew who he was. This is official malfeasance, not a fault of Martin's parents.


Every one of your points are laughable because the evidence suggests otherwise.There was a fight.Witnesses have stated they SAW Trayvon on top of Zimmerman.As for your fourth point.Look at the enchanced video.You can clearly see him bleeding on the back of his head.And as for your fifth point,again,as I've already stated,you can get into a fight and not have any marks.And I've read nowhere where zimmerman has claimed it was a "violent struggle"





top topics
 
7
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join