It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary
In the case where you got someone on top of you pounding on you, that is straight up self defense. Can't stand your ground, when your back is on it.

Can't claim that you are "standing your ground" when you leave the safety of your vehicle, knowing full well that the police are on their way, and start stalking somebody.

The only straight up self defense I see here is Martin defending himself from some strange old man that was following him like a pervert.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

In the case where you got someone on top of you pounding on you, that is straight up self defense. Can't stand your ground, when your back is on it.

Can't claim that you are "standing your ground" when you leave the safety of your vehicle, knowing full well that the police are on their way, and start stalking somebody.

The only straight up self defense I see here is Martin defending himself from some strange old man that was following him like a pervert.

I have to concur, star.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I hadn't heard about the University graffiti till you posted it. Interesting it wasn't mentioned on any of the networks that im aware of. If Zimmerman knew that was on a black cultural center and posted it anyway, then that is disturbing. Hes definately not helping his self-defense claim at all. George will definately be charged. Even if he accidently shot him during a struggle, he still will go to jail. This all based on the coroner reports not being consistant with the alleged beating story Zimmerman gave. The DA said she will make her statement regarding charges within 72 hours. At the end of the day it will be old fashioned forensics that tell the truth and speak for Treyvon.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Guilty or not if somebody put a $10,000 bounty on my head I would consider hitting the road. Those people also said they were contacting people soliciting the funds to make it $1million. That adds a bit more fear to the equation.

Zimmerman would be a fool not to be in hiding.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Opinion: There is just something wrong with Zimmerman.

His elevator does not go all the way to the top.

Something is just not right.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your just saying that because hes put all his faith in NewsCorp and Shawn Hannity now.
Theres a lot of ppeople who would do the same thing. Like Ted Nugent.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Annee

Your just saying that because hes put all his faith in NewsCorp and Shawn Hannity now.
Theres a lot of ppeople who would do the same thing. Like Ted Nugent.

No - - not even close.

Just a personal feeling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
First of all, the authorities know where he is. This articke is about not calling his attorney back for 2 business days. Who cares?

FACTS:

1). He shot someone

True

2). Trevon Martin punched him.

Zimmerman's claim. We're awaiting the medical report, funeral director stated that he did not see any indication of Trayvons hands that he did punch somebody that night.

3). Trevon Martin got on top of him after punching him and went for his gun.

According to a witness. Zimmerman claimed that Trayvon attacked or threatened him first, this is only a claim coming from Zimmerman.

Horrible situation,

It is a horrible situation, of course it didn't have to be had Zimmerman listened to the police operator. Zimmerman will have to show his face at some point to account for his actions.

We don't need a funeral directors opinion on this.Just because he didn't see any indication does NOT mean it didn't happen.I've punched many people in my life and never once got a bruise/cut on my hand.His opinion is just that,opinion.And personally I think he just wanted part of the limelight.No reason for him to chime in on this.

I agree that it's a horrible situation.But at this point I'm leaning towards it being justified.And I think the family is realizing that too.They've been quiet lately so I'm thinking they're actually looking at the facts and realizing their kid wasn't so innocent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Talk about ignorance.Strange old man that was a a pervert?Really?28 is old now?And you know he's a pervert how?He was the neighborhood watch leader.He had every right to be following someone who was in a GATED community that he did not recognize.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
And I think the family is realizing that too.They've been quiet lately so I'm thinking they're actually looking at the facts and realizing their kid wasn't so innocent.

I saw them on TV today so they have not been that quiet besides it seems like their attorneys are speaking on their behalf for the most part now.

What I do not understand is your comment that "their kid wasn't so innocent". What are you suggesting that he was guilty of on that night?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

We don't need a funeral directors opinion on this.Just because he didn't see any indication does NOT mean it didn't happen.

And I never stated that it never happened, I stated that the funeral direct didn't see any evidence that Trayvon punched anybody. I also mentioned that we have to wait until there is a medical report out , an account from the EMT's. The person I replying to jumped to conclusions, you seem to be doing the same.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

And I think the family is realizing that too.They've been quiet lately so I'm thinking they're actually looking at the facts and realizing their kid wasn't so innocent.

I saw them on TV today so they have not been that quiet besides it seems like their attorneys are speaking on their behalf for the most part now.

What I do not understand is your comment that "their kid wasn't so innocent". What are you suggesting that he was guilty of on that night?

Well I must've missed them on tv today.I'm not far from where this happened and they haven't been on nearly as much as they were two weeks ago.It could be what you suggested,it's their lawyer doing the talking now.

I'm not suggesting anything.Neither I nor you know what happened that night.I do know I don't believe he was completely innocent.As I've stated before though,I don't believe he deserved to die that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

We don't need a funeral directors opinion on this.Just because he didn't see any indication does NOT mean it didn't happen.

And I never stated that it never happened, I stated that the funeral direct didn't see any evidence that Trayvon punched anybody. I also mentioned that we have to wait until there is a medical report out , an account from the EMT's. The person I replying to jumped to conclusions, you seem to be doing the same.

Not jumping to conclusions.I just don't think a funeral directors opinion matters in this case.And I'm pretty sure the statements from the EMT's and all that are already out.I'll have to dig around but I'm pretty sure they back Zimmerman's claims.
edit on 11-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
dang, this is concerning..

with everyone out for his head, I would have rather asked for a jail cell, a practically solitary confinement jail cell. I wouldn't want anyone near me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
He has a bounty on his head that nobody seems to give a crap about. Id go into hiding too.

Not only that who knows the guilt he is dealing with. Whether you support him or not, he killed someone and even innocent people who kill others in self defense go thru a crap load of guilt and shame. Depression and other issues settle in..many people just withdraw rather than seeking help.

edit on April 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Poor guy. What a bummer this had to happen to him.
BTW, I hear being dead is not picnic either.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Talk about ignorance.Strange old man that was a a pervert?Really?28 is old now?And you know he's a pervert how?He was the neighborhood watch leader.He had every right to be following someone who was in a GATED community that he did not recognize.

To me,at my age now, 28 years old seems very young. When I was a teenager a 28 year old (he looks older) was from a different generation and not to be completely trusted. In a teens eye I can see where one would look at Zimmerman as being an "old man". And if he was following me at night I might also consider him a pervert.

Zimmerman screwed up more than once that night.

First, he left his vehichle to persue Martin even though he was well aware that police were on their way. This is not what neighborhood watch is about. You are the eyes to help the police. You observe and report and stay the heck out of the way and let the police do their job!

Secondly, after he began pursuing Martin the dispatcher in effect told him to stand down. Zimmerman ignored it. Another big mistake. As the so called ( there is some dispute here, some have stated that he was the "self-appointed" watch leader) neighborhood watch leader he should have known that this is not S.O.P. but yet he blatantly ignored standard procedure twice.

Then he shot dead an unarmed civilian. Where I come from there is only two words for that, one of which I can not repeat on this site. He messed up.

I still would like to know why this particular neighborhood watch wasn't registered with the National Sheriffs Association. Maybe I am nitpicking but if Zimmerman would have followed their guidelines this whole thing could have been avoided.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Talk about ignorance.

You do better, demonstrate some.

He was the neighborhood watch leader.He had every right to be following someone who was in a GATED community that he did not recognize.

Talk about ignorance. He was not the neighborhood watch anything. He was a guy with a gun who was watching people. His neighbors even complained about him because they did not ask him to patrol their streets. He was not part of any neighborhood watch program and if he was, he would have had to be unarmed.

Talk about ignorance. You folks will say anything to see this guy walk.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I've punched many people in my life and never once got a bruise/cut on my hand.

You seem like a really good honest upstanding person. Everything you say must be true. Now, follow the playbook all the way through. You are almost all the way there.

1-talk about all the fights you have been in.
2-mention how threatening a skinny teenager is to a 200 lb adult man.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

I've punched many people in my life and never once got a bruise/cut on my hand.

You seem like a really good honest upstanding person. Everything you say must be true. Now, follow the playbook all the way through. You are almost all the way there.

1-talk about all the fights you have been in.
2-mention how threatening a skinny teenager is to a 200 lb adult man.

Way to take my quote out of context.I was proving a point.I've been in quite a few fights and never once had mark/bruise ON MY HAND.If you read the rest of my post,you'd see i was replying to the fact that a funeral director felt the need to chime in on this case.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i think zimmerman is going to raise a bunch of money on his website and hire top of the line lawyers. with all the media attention i'm sure he will be getting plenty of donations.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join