It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I believe law states that he is asked not too. He probably could but it wouldn't look well for his defense if he did. I only stated he couldn't leave the state because I had heard charges are going to be pressed but it hadn't been reported yet.

Preventing a person who has not been charged with a crime from leaving the state is pretty much illegal and a violation of civil rights.

I have found nothing that supports that position (cant leave if under investigation) either in Florida State law or case law from the state to federal level.

As far as your follow up post about well here we go... It doesnt address the question I asked based on your claim. Can you please show me where its illegal for an individual whois not charged with a crime from leaving the state.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it funny that these two lawyers ran away once they knew it was likely charges were going to be brought against Zimmerman.

They were all fine to represent him when it was just the people calling for justice...but once it looked like actual charges would be filed....they took off.

That doesn't make it look too good for Zimmerman...maybe these lawyers know more than we do and know what will come out in court???

From a legal standpoint let me give your comment the appropriate response -
Objection : assume facts not in evidence.

This has nothing to do with Zimmermans defense or the case itself. It wont even be used in court due to relevence.

Feel free to keep assuming though...

Ummmm...I didn't realize this we were in court.

You need to calm down your seriousness and stop acting like you are a lawyer.

It is odd to me that his lawyers ran off as soon as there was serious talk about charges....sue me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ummmm...I didn't realize this we were in court.

thats evident from your comments and assumptions as they wouldnt fly in court. Hence ther eason I said proper legal response and then went on to the other.

You need to calm down your seriousness and stop acting like you are a lawyer.

A person does not have to be a lawyer to reach the same conclusions I have. All they need is a high school level education of how our government works at all levels.

It is odd to me that his lawyers ran off as soon as there was serious talk about charges....sue me.

Again your making an assumption based off of an action. Speculate all you want but in the end it does not matter in court. Zimmerman could fire his lawyers in the middle of court / trial and it still would have no bearing on the trial aside from a delay for new council.

If you wish to discuss / debate a serious topic, then how about you do so in a serious manner?

If all you and others want to do is speculate and assume while proclaiming Zimmermans guilt based on your personal opinion take it over to the MSNBS err MSNBC forums.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

thats evident from your comments and assumptions as they wouldnt fly in court. Hence ther eason I said proper legal response and then went on to the other.

It's evident because WE ARE NOT IN COURT.

A person does not have to be a lawyer to reach the same conclusions I have. All they need is a high school level education of how our government works at all levels.

LOL...I love playtime on ATS.

Again your making an assumption based off of an action. Speculate all you want but in the end it does not matter in court. Zimmerman could fire his lawyers in the middle of court / trial and it still would have no bearing on the trial aside from a delay for new council.

If you wish to discuss / debate a serious topic, then how about you do so in a serious manner?

If all you and others want to do is speculate and assume while proclaiming Zimmermans guilt based on your personal opinion take it over to the MSNBS err MSNBC forums.

Wow...you are way overly sensative over this topic.

I said I found it funny...and I found it odd...again...sue me.

There is nothing to debate on this topic...doesn't matter how much you try to pretend to be a lawyer...nothing you say here matters.

Zimmerman's lawyers bailed on him at the only time he actually need him...when charges were about to be filed.

I don't care if you think it is acceptable in a court of law...because we are not in a court of law...I think the fact that they bailed on him is funny as hell and makes Zimmerman look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I figure I will share this story, since it is very much in the same ballpark as this case.

Christmas eve two years ago I came home around 7pm to get one thing or another for dinner at the in-laws. Wife was already over there (five minute drive away), and I figured I would swing by to get whatever it was. Anyhow, I pull into the driveway and there was a young man (probably 16 or 17), who is black and in a hoodie trying to break into my house (side of the house, in a darkened area). I sat in the car staring at him for several seconds and he stared at me all the same. He starts to walk away, not run, and I hop out of the car.

A long story short, I asked him what he was doing next to my house, and he was short on answers. I asked him, "Do I go to your house, and try to break into your place, and try to steal your stuff?" He looked down and said he was sorry, and kept trying to walk away. I asked him, "Do you have family?" "Yeah, I live with my mom," he said kind of under his breath. "Go home and be with your mom, it's Christmas eve..." And he left.

I say this for several reasons. First, I am a gun owner. I have two. And I never ever point them at anything I don't intend on killing (I have never pointed a gun at a person... though I have had them pointed at me). All of these weekend warriors running around with their firearms all over the place need to take a chill pill. Second, this is a kid, just like that Treyvon guy was a kid. Kids do stupid #. I know I did. My brother, who is ten years younger than I am, and two years older than Treyvon was, had a period when he was 17 where he did all sorts of stupid stuff. But we were lucky, and he straightened his act out, and he is now one of the most delightful young men that I know. I am now married with a kid of my own. I would like to think that when my son gets to be 17 and he does stupid #, that someone will choose to straighten him out instead of murdering him. And three, I took a supremely negative situation and turned it into a reasonably positive situation by simply acting like a normal assed adult. He has not returned, and we have not had a problem since.

Every person, even the #ty ones, are some mother's child. Take the time to talk at people when they need to get a talking to. Save the guns for when they enter your home. If you are big enough to take a life, be big enough to keep a cool head in a tough situation. "Be the change you want to see in the world."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They have no priors on him they will have
to give him a bond. It could be
a 500,000 dollar bail or more
which he would have to pay 10% of it
so if it was 500,000 he would have to come up
50,000 dollars...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think someone got him, and an internet video is going to show his body any time now. If not he better be running because the media is making this out to be way too big because they have nothing else. Wait until a natural disaster or war happens again, you won't hear about Zimmerman anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by Intelligence101

The media made it a race issue and they were idiots for doing so. Also there are recent pictures of trayvon on a horse, guess what he still looks like a kid to me..

Since the media played the race card Al sharpton, Black Panthers etc jumped in and started with their BS!

I think it has made people who normally wouldn't be on ZIms side defend him because of what the media and race baiters have done which is a shame.

Well to be honest I feel bad for him just like I felt bad for that Casey Anthony girl. We as human beings need to realize that when stuff like this happens we really have no idea about the specifics, all we know is what we're told and what we chose to believe. I'm not saying this Zimmerman guy isn't a racist because I've never met him a day in my life. The MSM is deluding people and making everyone hate a human being who they've never even had a conversation with. I hold judgement on everyone until I meet them in person and hold an intelligent conversation with them but that's just me. Everyone else believes what they're told, monkey see monkey do.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I heard Zimmerman turned himself in to the police. For once he made the right decision, he'll get his chance in court to defend himself.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
And is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law,

I don't believe he is innocent, but right now he has the right to defend himself. He needs to demonstrate that he shot in self defense.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Actually no we don't know this.

We do, Zimmerman admitted that he was persuing Martin on the audio tape.

We have conflicting witness accounts and we have conflicting analysis of whose voice is heard on the recording calling for help.

I never said anything about who was calling for help in the audio, so please stop lying about my position. None of the witnesses could account for the events that lead up to the confrontation, Zimmerman admitted on the audio that he was the one persuing Martin, even when the operator told him to stay put.

We have media caught red handed editing those tapes

And we had people posting pictures claiming it was Trayvon Martin when it clearly wasn't. We had people calling Trayvon a drug dealer. You are clearly showing your bias in this case.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
A person does NOT have to be armed with a gun in order for another person to exercise deadly force for protection.

No they don't, although I fail to see what chance an unarmed person has against a person with a loaded gun? Can you explain this to me? In anycase, Zimmerman claimed he was the one attacked first, this is merely a claim from Zimmerman and Zimmerman alone.

We also have information that shows Zimmerman did in fact comply with the 911 dispatcher about not following Martin. We have information that shows Martin confronting Zimmerman.

Really? So the audio tape where he clearly admits to persuing Martin is fake? Where is your source for this?

No he does not

Yes he does, he will appear in court and we both know this. Thankfully he turned himself in.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We also have information that shows Zimmerman did in fact comply with the 911 dispatcher about not following Martin. We have information that shows Martin confronting Zimmerman.

Want to know your source for this.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
I think not. The simple fact that the lead police investigator, who interviewed GZ after the shooting and wanted to arrest and charge him right then because he didn't believe his story, will also carry great weight. The detective, I believe, filed an affidavit recording his desire to charge, and disagreement with the decision not to do so.

A very concise timeline can be constructed from the moment that GZ made the 911 call to the second that Trayvon's conversation with his girlfriend was terminally interrupted. From what I've seen there isn't nearly enough time for GZ's concocted scenario to have unfolded.

Then, you have the autopsy report which will probably show that Trayvon was shot in the back. Add that the coming voice confirmations that the person crying for help was Trayvon, and not GZ, and you have a conviction.

This right here is something that caught my eye, I never thought about this factor. It will certainly add weight to to the court case, we'll just have to wait for the report.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Zimmerman supporters spread a picture around of somebody who was not Trayvon, there were accusations that Trayvon was a drug dealer. If you want complain about lies and distortions, be consistent.

I hadn't heard that one. If I had seen that I would ask what it had to do with the case. It has no bearing on the case at hand. I heard he was suspended for possession of drug residue. The first question in my mind was, "and so what?"

This is very true. Zimmerman made a decision that night to not listen to the police operator

For the six millionth time, the operator is not a LEO. His statement was not an order or directive. It was a dismissal. It actually has no legal bearing one way or the other.

he made the decision to persue Trayvon Martin, he knew full well of the loaded gun he had with him.

That is why he should have kept himself in the car. He knew he had a gun and that the situation could escalate. He showed a reckless disregard by following Martin. However, depending on how things went he still may be legally in the right. If he was disengaged and blind sided, he was justified by law. If he walked up and pulled the gun on Martin (or threatened him) he is guilty of manslaughter at a minimum.

We will see in the long run.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In an effort to keep the discussion of the continuing development of the Martin-Zimmermann case in one place, this thread is being closed.

Please continue to discuss the case here
George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join