It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deadfox223

Wow i think you typed in the wrong website,, here let me help you.

www.stormfront.com

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shepseskaf

Probables aren't fact so we need to be careful there.

Law Enforcement is not responsible for the filing of charges; that is the sole authority of the PA and no one else. Law Enforcement can complain all they want but in the end its not their decision nor area of responsibility. Law Enforcement is not part of the judicial branch and for good reasons.

The lead detectives position is going to work in Zimmerman's favor. Defense can argue that based on the applicable laws law enforcement and the PA's office could not even come to a consensus on how the laws in questions is applied. Now you have the PA's office and a lead detective arguing over the merits of a case. Argued correctly it can create doubts and reinforces the position that evidence is open to interpretation.

We need to wait and see how all the preliminary hearings go...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
See yall too on this site is saying he is guilty already i see why he is running. Let me ask yall this when u walk outside your house and the ground is wet what is your first thought?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Im sorry if u know they have neighborhood watch around your neighborhood u don't walk outside with a hood on looking suspect and u don't pick a fight with them cause most of the time they are armed. I get sick to my head that people like u defend people that cant act right in society.U know all of u would do the same if yall had no choice if a guy was hitting u

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I find it funny that these two lawyers ran away once they knew it was likely charges were going to be brought against Zimmerman.

They were all fine to represent him when it was just the people calling for justice...but once it looked like actual charges would be filed....they took off.

That doesn't make it look too good for Zimmerman...maybe these lawyers know more than we do and know what will come out in court???

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by shepseskaf

Probables aren't fact so we need to be careful there.

Law Enforcement is not responsible for the filing of charges; that is the sole authority of the PA and no one else. Law Enforcement can complain all they want but in the end its not their decision nor area of responsibility. Law Enforcement is not part of the judicial branch and for good reasons.

The lead detectives position is going to work in Zimmerman's favor. Defense can argue that based on the applicable laws law enforcement and the PA's office could not even come to a consensus on how the laws in questions is applied. Now you have the PA's office and a lead detective arguing over the merits of a case. Argued correctly it can create doubts and reinforces the position that evidence is open to interpretation.

We need to wait and see how all the preliminary hearings go...

We'll see.

My view is that when the lead detective elucidates his reasons for recommending that charges be filed, it will become clear that by not doing so, the State Attorney was deficient in his duties. The SA has a long history of racial bias, but I'm not sure if that will come out in trial, or if it needs to -- just that charges should have immediately been filed in this case.

link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think most of the martin supporters are indeed willing to admit if the evidence comes forth that he was acting in self defense we will take it and move on..

On the other hand seems zimmermen fans will not take anything less than a video of zimmerman shooting tray in the back before they will budge a inch for their hero

LOL but I'm hearing in the wind that, the prosecution just MAY have what you mention...a video!!!!!!!!!

LMMFAO!

Zimmerman defenders: Be prepared!

link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by deadfox223

Wow i think you typed in the wrong website,, here let me help you.

www.stormfront.com

The real sad thing is that he probably thinks using the word "negro" is being polite.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I believe law states that he is asked not too. He probably could but it wouldn't look well for his defense if he did. I only stated he couldn't leave the state because I had heard charges are going to be pressed but it hadn't been reported yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah well there you go don't understand why we had to wait for the inevitable: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Im wondering why isn't the black panthers in jail for making a bounty on this guy head

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This case is getting way too much attention. The MSM is portraying this as a racist white guy killing a little innocent black boy (I have yet to see one picture of him when he was 17, it's always a picture of him when he was much younger) The dude isn't white he's mixed and this Treyvon kid isn't all that innocent, he was suspended from school at the time of his death for christ sake. And this is coming from me who's a 25 year old black dude. People die EVERYDAY and nobody gives two ***** but let something make it on the news and all of a sudden you care, yeah right. And on another note, just because one race kills another race doesn't make it a race issue just like if a straight person kills a gay person it doesn't automatically make it a hate crime.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelligence101

The media made it a race issue and they were idiots for doing so. Also there are recent pictures of trayvon on a horse, guess what he still looks like a kid to me..

Since the media played the race card Al sharpton, Black Panthers etc jumped in and started with their BS!

I think it has made people who normally wouldn't be on ZIms side defend him because of what the media and race baiters have done which is a shame.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Whats going to happen next
is he will have a bond hearing,
they will tell zimmerman what his
charges are and set a bond. They
can give him a bond or not. Up to judge
to set the bail.. His first appearance he does
not answer guilty or not guilty..He will make his plea
at the next hearing.. So this is what will be happening,
keeping everything zimmerman updated here stay tuned
to see what will happen next.
EVRYTHING ZIMMERMAN UPDATES AND ALL

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it funny that these two lawyers ran away once they knew it was likely charges were going to be brought against Zimmerman.

They were all fine to represent him when it was just the people calling for justice...but once it looked like actual charges would be filed....they took off.

That doesn't make it look too good for Zimmerman...maybe these lawyers know more than we do and know what will come out in court???

From a legal standpoint let me give your comment the appropriate response -
Objection : assume facts not in evidence.

This has nothing to do with Zimmermans defense or the case itself. It wont even be used in court due to relevence.

Feel free to keep assuming though...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
We'll see.

My view is that when the lead detective elucidates his reasons for recommending that charges be filed, it will become clear that by not doing so, the State Attorney was deficient in his duties. The SA has a long history of racial bias, but I'm not sure if that will come out in trial, or if it needs to -- just that charges should have immediately been filed in this case.

It actually would show the PA was in fact doing his job. By not filing charges the PA at the time commented there was not enough evidence to support a charge. Trying to make an argument out of that situation would serve to only hurt the prosecutions case, not the defense.

Since the PA you are ferferring to is not charged with any crime a leap of logic doesnt make it a fact. The PA has to prove Zimmerman did in fact do the things he is being accused of. Trying to make that argument by going after the recused prosecutor as well as the division between the PA, the police department and the lead detective clouds the issue.

I guarantee if the prosecution opens that pandoras box they will not be able to recover from it. All the defense is required to do is cause one juror to doubt. Introducing the information you keep coming back to will do just that. It raises the questions on if the PA had the same evidence the Special PA does and opted to not charge, why is it being done now?

Is it being done in the interest of law or because of political / public pressure? The fact the special PA even adressed those particular questions tells me a juror will do the same.

If the lead detective is so convinced of Zimmermans actions being illegal, then how did he arrive at a manslughter charge instead of the 2nd murer charge? Again one can argue the police and the PA;s office cannot even agree on the evidence let alone build a theory that is consistent that arrives at the same conclusion.

Trying to get a conviction based on the indecision and differing views points of the police and the PA will blow up in there face.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join