Can it be skin cancer or something else? Need your advice :(

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi guys, few days after new Years Eve has pimple appeared on my face (maybe because of alcohol consumption at that time, since we were celebrating new year, and it may have something to do with my skin condition Seberrhoeic dermatitis, which was diagnosed to me around 7-8 months ago). Pimple appeared near my nose, below eye (I included pictures on this thread). Also, few days before it appeared I started doing oil pulling with virgin coconut oil, and take supplements 5 mg Biotin, 35 mg Zinc L-Carnosine, and 2 000 mg MSM each day. I tried to pop the pimple few days after it appeared, unfortunately it just swollen with area around it (app 2 more mm), and acne has not disappeared anyway (it has subsided with swollen area around it). It has stayed same whole time, until I tried to pop it about month and half ago, it had swollen with area around it, colorless liquid got out of it, and I think that maybe it has even slightly changed shape, but that was probably because of squeezing.

I tried applying raw shea butter mixed with honey on it, it may have helped it a little bit, not sure if it is not only in my head. Then I started applying La Roche Cicaplast on it instead of that previous mixture, and... well, I am not sure, but I think that that some red line appread there,and maaaybe it has spread little bit, but I am not sure, it may have been same, but I have not noticed it. I also used magnifier glass, and I looked at it in the mirror, I think I saw some super tiny veins, and pimple seemed to be.. well, from the outside, without magnifier it looks almost like a normal pimple, but after using magnifier, it seems to be transparent,and I can see super tiny veins. But they too may be because of my seberrhoeic dermatitis, I have veins like this on more parts on and around my nose.

Anyway, I cannot feel the pimple, it doesnt itch, hurt, when I tried to squeeze it before, it hurt little bit, since I squeezed it, pimple filled with blood and got out colorless liquid, but it didnt bleed. It has approximately 0,2-0,3x0,1 mm in diameter. It also is soft (like skin) on touch.

Could it be something serious (like skin cancer, cyst,papule,wart), or just stubborn pimple? Or perhaps forming birthmark? I never had pimple like this before. I visited around 3-4 dermatologists, they all said it was nothing, just a stubborn pimple, and by squeezing it, I pushed the infection further. But they may be wrong. I am 21 btw, from Slovakia. My family has no history of cancer.

Here are the pictures taken 2 months ago:

First:
tinypic.com...
Second:
tinypic.com...
Third:
tinypic.com...
Fourth:
tinypic.com...
edit on 10-4-2012 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Can show as many pictures as you like buddy, Without a sample sent away for analysis there is absolutely no way anyone in their right mind could give a accurate diagnosis

To be honest from the description it sounds more like a persistent boil or Dermatitis but as i said without a sample sent for analysis it's impossible to tell.
edit on 10/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The pics will not load.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I was gonna say that too, but i didn't know if it was just me

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Tinypic (the site used to host the photos) seems to be having trouble.

"Tinypic Site Maintenance

Images and videos will continue to serve during this short maintenance."

but they don't serve.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

If it is skin cancer you have about two years +/- to figure it out before it gets very serious.

Go to the doctor, dude.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not sure if I understood correctly, did you see
3-4 dermatologist with this particular problem?
If so and they said it was nothing most likely it
isn't. First of all leave it be, don't mess with it
and if it continues to fester see another Dr
and ask for testing. There is more than one
type of skin cancer and most are treatable
so don't get frightened just have it checked
out again.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Do you wear glasses? Sometimes glasses will cause this on the nose area. I have a little one like it that is similar that came up after I got a new set of glasses and I suspect the nose piece on the glasses is irritating that area.

However, you do have an issue with skin disorders, so leave it alone, wash it good and let it dry out. If it remains without resolving, it's time to see a doctor.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I know, but I still hoped you guys could give me some advice :/. There is lot of intelligent people here, and most of u with age 30+. I am still a young fella. I hoped that perhaps by looking at the pictures and reading my description would help you get an idea. Thanks anyway

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Tinypic (the site used to host the photos) seems to be having trouble.

"Tinypic Site Maintenance

Images and videos will continue to serve during this short maintenance."

but they don't serve.

It works now

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Not sure if I understood correctly, did you see
3-4 dermatologist with this particular problem?
If so and they said it was nothing most likely it
isn't. First of all leave it be, don't mess with it
and if it continues to fester see another Dr
and ask for testing. There is more than one
type of skin cancer and most are treatable
so don't get frightened just have it checked
out again.

Yes, I did go see them, they said it is almost certainly nothing.
Aye, I am not squeezing it anymore, nor planning to, it seems like it wont go away that way. It is a different kind of pimple like the rest I get, if it is pimple at all.
I know about 4, one is basal cell carcinoma, then squamos cell carcinoma, melanoma and some kind of under skin one. Imo my looks either like basal, or perhaps red melanoma (I saw some pictures of red, pimple-like melanoma).
Hopefully it isnt anything like it.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Do you wear glasses? Sometimes glasses will cause this on the nose area. I have a little one like it that is similar that came up after I got a new set of glasses and I suspect the nose piece on the glasses is irritating that area.

However, you do have an issue with skin disorders, so leave it alone, wash it good and let it dry out. If it remains without resolving, it's time to see a doctor.

No, no glasses at all mate.
Aye, I did see couple of doctors already :/, I visited first doctor few days after pimple appeared, and right at the beginning I became concerned, for some reason it seemed to be different like rest of them. Then 2 months later I visited another doctor, she assured me it is nothing, then few days after that another one, she too assured me, but at the same time said that even though old people tend to get skin cancers, young ones may get it too, but that is very rare. Today I visited another one, and she said that in her opinion it is nothing, just a pimple, and then said basically same thing as the previous doctor about young people.
Oh god, I hope I am stressing for nothing
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can quite safely say it doesn't look like any skin cancer i have ever seen before, Extremely small and most definitely a type of dermatitis or eczema, Possibly carbuncles but it's for to small to tell for now, Try rubbing a little Sudocrem on it each night to be honest it'll probably become more inflamed if you continue with your current treatment with seems excessive to say the least, Should clear up, If problems persist contact doctor

Not all things that look bad or feel bad are cancer, I used to think the same to be honest.

Possible that you have Hypochondria though , Not a bad thing, Just don't worry yourself so much

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I can quite safely say it doesn't look like any skin cancer i have ever seen before, Extremely small and most definitely a type of dermatitis or eczema, Possibly carbuncles but it's for to small to tell for now, Try rubbing a little Sudocrem on it each night to be honest it'll probably become more inflamed if you continue with your current treatment with seems excessive to say the least, Should clear up, If problems persist contact doctor

Not all things that look bad or feel bad are cancer, I used to think the same to be honest.

Possible that you have Hypochondria though , Not a bad thing, Just don't worry yourself so much

Thanks mate
. It is indeed very small, but still, it has been there for very long time, way too long for a pimple.
Actually, I have seborrhoeic dermatitis, so it may be related, and if pimples of this kind form when one has such skin condition, then this must be first of its kind on my face.
I may try, we do not have it at home. Do you have any experience with Sudocrem regarding pimples,etc.?
That is absolute truth
, there may be tons of different diagnosis, not cancer necessarily. But... as you mentioned, I indeed am hypochondriac, I observe myself way too much, and think of worst.
But even though I have such mental condition, it doesnt change the fact that some skin manifestations or symptoms are out of ordinary. Pimple lasting for 4 months is weird, and it concerns me. I just hope I am concerned for nothing :/. I am too young to have skin cancer, I do not even spend too much time on sun. I did get burned couple of times during life, but not that badly. You know, our family has no record of cancer, especially not skin cancer, and they spent lot of time on sun each day, and I am pretty sure got burned pretty badly during those days. Even my dad spends lot of days on sun during summer days, and countless times came home with burned back, and never had anything, and he is 56.
Besides that, I have slovakian nationality, and we do not get sun that much in here, and regarding food, we lifestyle and food, we live healthier. We do not have GMO food (by FDA) food in here.

Oh, it is not curbulences for sure, curbulences are filled with puss, hurt, are swollen constantly,and can spread easily. This pimple is not filled with puss, doesnt hurt me at all, is swollen only when I squeeze it, and has not spread during these 4 months at all.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well to be honest it's better to be someone who's overly obsessive about their own health rather than been someone who isn't who might miss something vital that could be serious

I understand your worry but i'll give you an example of how long some things can last on your face because it is a very sensitive area: I scratched a spot on my eyelid about 2 months ago and still there is evidence of that in the form of a red skin irritation, it was just such a sensitive area that i damaged the skin long term.It's only just disappearing now, Things can last for a long time and as i said the treatment you've been using probably irritated the skin further

Sudocrem is a standard antiseptic cream for small cases of Eczema, Dermatitis, bed sores, cut and grazes etc, If you find some just stick a little amount on the irritation at nighttime i swear by the stuff, Btw try not to wash your face with any face-washes that contain soap or soap itself as that drys your face, especially don't use any of that spot treatment stuff like Clearasil it also seriously drys your face out and that's bad for dermatitis (Believe me i had eczema) I now use Loreal men expert Wake up hydro-energetic face wash once a day because it contains no soap but cleans better than it without drying out the skin.

Good luck anyway

top topics

join