It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Wierd weather thread...More proof that something isnt right.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just reading random news and websites like i tend to do and some thing caught my eye.

In my 26 years of fishing, this season's were the worst conditions I had ever experienced

We all know the reality show deadliest catch. Which is one of the few shows that isn't scripted. I know this for a fact, because i know a few crab captains and the show is as real as it gets out there. Hopefully any other ATSers from alaska know that this comment is true.

Well from reading the article he makes the point.

You realize quickly that you aren’t in control of your own destiny. Mother nature is. We were tested on a lot of different fronts.”

Link to story

besides those snipitts he doesnt really say much else on the weather.

but it really is a strang year, and more proof that the weather isvery unsual.

we already broke the record for march heat, which i was argued with and now won that argument with proof from the weather channel saying march was the hottest ever recorded for the time of year.

Warmest on record

Alaska also breaking records for snowfall, but the lower 48 barley getting a dust?

Nearly 11 feet of snow has fallen on Anchorage, Alaska, this winter. That's almost a record, and it's forcing the city to haul away at least 250,000 tons of snow. Yet not much snow has dropped on the Lower 48 this year.

Also breaking a record of tornados for the first 3 months of the year is unheard off.

The first three months of 2012 have seen twice the normal number of tornadoes.

Weird Weather

This is not normal, and yes i know people are gonna say cycles, cycles and cycles.

Well, you know on ATS we have a saying proof orit didnt happen.

Show me the proff of cycles were its gotten this bad this fast. Show me the other years were its been like this.

I will even take an old timer as long as you have recorded proof.

Even some profound researches have been qouted as

Odd and sometimes dangerous weather phenomenon has scientists left without answers as to why these things are happening.

The best answer anyone has is big ol bad global warming, which honestly if you look at how we have been treating mother earth.

Its possible that and with the sun acting up. Our artic ice is melting and we all know what happens when fresh water mixes with sea water and if you dont look it up. It's an interesting read.

When the Earth warms, more water vapor is sent into the atmosphere, affecting weather conditions. “The reason you have a clothes dryer that heats the air is that warm air can evaporate water more easily

since this is happening and it doesnt look like its gonna let up, well then...

While scientists continue to debate whether or not ice sheet melting, increased greenhouse gasses, or other natural causes are to blame for the wild weather, such phenomenon may become routine.

Global?

If it looks like this is weather we are gonna be dealing with for now on, then we need to adapt and change the ways we do things.

Im not saying the wrold is ending, but its getting rough for us and looks like its gonna get worst, or at least thats my opinion.

I know this is another weather thread, but like i said before. If i find it, i am gonna share it.

So, please share your thoughts and as always , let me know the weather in your area.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i started talking about the exact same thing 2 years ago on different sites and then i came here, and i was just called a weirdo, everythings fine bla bla bla, but now the same people i use to complain to are complaining to me as if i had never brought it up before.

Where in live in Southern Ontario we RARELY get hail, i mean i remember 4 times its hailed in 23 years, just 20 minutes ago we had the weirdest biggest hail storm i've ever seen, notting special compared to other hail storms i've seen on the internet, but its just the fact we NEVER get them. also the wind has been something crazy, i recorded a video of it, just my iphones being a pooper and wont e-mail, so i need to get my wifi going

plus i bread birds (Lovebirds, small parrots) and last week they were acting really weird, staying up 4+ hours then normal, and thats really noticable when your trying to sleep truuust me
edit on 10-4-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
People need to "remember" weather weapons are not a damn theory, they do exist on the record.

They have to test these weapons somewhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Depends who your talking to

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
People need to "remember" weather weapons are not a damn theory, they do exist on the record.

They have to test these weapons somewhere.

I remember about 10 years ago, China would shoot things out of cannons at clouds to make them disperce. This worked and saw it with my own eyes. So, yes they have ways of altering weather.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Ahh it HAD to be an interview with Keith Colburn, my least fav captain on the show. LOL that guy is a turd. Sigs crew is the best IMO. Anyway, I've been interested to see how the weather panned out for those guys this year. (Just watched all 7 seasons
) It was interesting last year when the bird die-offs were happening, the "Ramblin Rose" had lots of dead birds on their boat.. Of course for them it was more about a "bad omen" than anything else.

New ssn8 show on tonight 5pm EST, I'll be looking forward to it.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The earth is some 4.5 billion years old. I promise you weirder weather has existed prior to this year.

Ever heard of the Ice Ages? How about when the continents split apart into what they are now today?

People who want to read into all the "bizarre" and "not normal" weather of 2012 need a perspective greater than the measly span of their own lifetime.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

This is not normal, and yes i know people are gonna say cycles, cycles and cycles.

Every year is an abnormal year, because there is no such thing as a normal year. It is impossible to prove or disprove cycles, because at best we have a few hundred years of weather data, and really we only have about 75 years of weather data that is of much use, and really only a couple of decades of computer modeling and forecasting, so there just isn't enough information to predict "cycles."

In all likelihood, these are cyclical patterns. Maybe 20 year, 30 year? 100 year? 1000 year, or 3600 year cycles? We have no way of knowing.

Sure, the weather is significantly different than last year, or other years in my lifetime, but there have been many other years during my lifetime where the weather was significantly different, and also different from this year. Just last week we had a 70% chance of rain, and then an 80% chance of rain that night, and we didn't see a thing. The next morning, the chances had dropped to 10%, but it was foggy, and it ended up raining all day.
That is why they give a percentage, and not a certainty when they forecast. Apparently we were in the odd 30% and 10% that particular weather pattern.

Here is the good news. Barring any huge disaster that wipes out modern technology, in another 4000 years or so, we can give a good statistical representation and really decide if it is an odd year or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
father sun is upset with his children
mother earth loves,but is siding with the father.
sister moon is telling us to behave with her signs.
but we still carry on like teen age brats who just want our way.
now its time for punishment,and ' its not fair'!!!!
when a teen gets caught for doing no good they will panic and find some way to fix it
thats what us humans are trying to do
by lying and cheating and manipulation of the truth,the teen will try to win.
well it never works and now the children of earth will have to pay the piper!
its happened before,and it will happen again.
just check out the artifacts they found in peru that belong to no civilization any where on earth.
look up klause dona.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If i had a dollar for every human who thought their lifetime was so much different than others i would be billion aire a billion times over.

Do you guys get the impression that this is a part of it?

Where we can say, in any given lifetime someone somewhere is going to think HIS time is the END time or just different from the last time.

This seems like human nature.

ETA: One thing is certain, we now much more than we ever did and that is only due to technology. We are more aware of things these days than ever before. Could be where the saying 'ignorance is bliss' but then i would add to that quote and make it "ignorance is biss or you just make something up".
edit on 10-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I have a quote saved on my home computer. I can't access it now, but I will paraphrase. It was written on clay tablets thousands of years ago, and it goes something like this...

"It is obvious the end times are surely near. Corruption and fraud are rampant. Children no longer obey their parents. Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered you will hear similar sentiments." etc., etc. I wish I could remember the whole thing, I did a quick google search and didn't find it.

Anyhow, I agree with you. This is nothing new.
edit on 10-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks. I added my own quote before you responded. Would be interested to see some ancient perspectives on this though.

I think the main difference is the internet and being able to get different perspectives from all over the world in real time. This has never happened before and definitely not on this scale. Another factor, i believe, is humans aware of their own end times changes through the years and they feel this is a world wide occurrence. After all, we cannot deny tha we will all have our own apocalypse and this occurs at death.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Iv noticed the weather is deffinately becoming more spontaneous year after year. And I know and agree that we can't say this is all part of a cycle, but surely after all the abuse this planet has taken from us the cycles are going to be worse anyway!
Just an example only 3/4weeks ago it was 23C here in england then a week and a half later, 2 inches of snow!
Immediatly this should spark your curiosity, I mean since when has it been 23 degrees at the beginning of march!?!? I can tell you in the 7years iv actually been old enough to notice all this, it hasnt happened.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Climate scientists have been saying for decades warmer Earth equates to more extreme weather as the Earth tries to cool itself down. Warmer oceans equates to more stronger hurricanes, not to mention tornado alley where the ingredients needed to make the tornadoes happen also have seen their own extremes. So tell me why after decades of scientists warning of the dangers of Global warming That you still have to ask what is up with the weather???

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
While the action on board may not be scripted, they edit the hell out of Deadliest Catch to make the stories better. I had to stop watching it once I started to notice the glaring continuity errors.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Warmer oceans equates to more stronger hurricanes, not to mention tornado alley where the ingredients needed to make the tornadoes happen also have seen their own extremes.

And yet, the last couple of years, with some of the warmest ocean temperatures in decades, not a single major hurricane?

Also, no major blizzards. Now, tornadoes are certainly being recorded more frequently, with more damage, but we also have Doppler Radar in every little podunk town, so of course we detect more tornadoes, and we also have communities, roads, buildings where there used to be only farmland.

I'm not buying any of these stories just yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The 2010 Atlantic hurricane season was the third most active Atlantic hurricane season on record, tying with the 1887 Atlantic hurricane season, 1995 Atlantic hurricane season and the 2011 Atlantic hurricane season. It had the most number of named storms since the 2005 season and also ties with the 1969 Atlantic hurricane season for the second largest number of hurricanes. In addition, the activity in the north Atlantic in 2010 exceeded the activity in the northwest Pacific Typhoon season. The only other known time this event happened was in 2005

link

sorry you was saying.......

edit on 10-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The record snowfall in the keewenaw is about 390 inches. How many feet is that? the average snowfall is about twenty feet in a year. Alaska just had a few big dumps, that's not normal for them. Some areas in the mountains get more than the keewenaw does.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
If i had a dollar for every human who thought their lifetime was so much different than others i would be billion aire a billion times over.

Do you guys get the impression that this is a part of it?

Where we can say, in any given lifetime someone somewhere is going to think HIS time is the END time or just different from the last time.

This seems like human nature.

Every one of us experiences our own, personal, end of the world, sooner or later. so as a collective we look for signs, because an apocalypse is less terrifying than maybe dying on our own.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

I see your Wiki leak and I raise you a Bloomberg and a broken record.

No Major U.S. Hurricane Hits This Season Would Set Record at Sixth Year

New hurricane record – 2232 days and counting since major Hurricane made landfall on the USA – last record was year 1900

Sure, it was an active season, but the storms were no stronger than any other time, and no major storms struck the US, and even with the Gulf of Mexico being at close to record water temperatures, no storms originated or strengthened there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join