It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Preparing for Martial Law Scenario in US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

So, what drove that comment..? Your ignorance in thinking a majority of military personnel are so stupid and have no moral compass, that they will blindly attack their own..?
I was talking about world history... All i asked was why do you think the U.S army would act any different if given the order to kill american civillians? There are countless examples of armies slaughtering their own people with very few examples of soldiers refusing orders to do so..

It's a valid point and an honest question, and your response is far more idiotic than what i said to be fair...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

I'd rather die with a rifle in my hand then doing the walk of shame.
Why because I can't bare the thought of my children growing up in that kind of world.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
I'm just curious.

Since so many of you here apparently live in some constant state of paranoia just waiting for the other shoe to drop, have you considered Canada? Maybe Norway? Anywhere else? I mean, what with how horrid America has become and how many personal freedoms have eroded like the lone tear going down your cheek, why are you still hanging around waiting?

Something tells me your need of a local Walmart and Micky D's is stronger than your fear of the inevitable march to the gas chambers.

Actually it's more family and friends that keep me from leaving and on top of that I hate walmart and don't eat McDonalds because it makes me sick. I have thought about leaving but I don't believe in running from problems, this was a once great country and still can be made to be that again but if the good people just run away or give in, your right their is no hope for this place.
edit on 10-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

their people would be their families and friends who are connected to other families and friends who are connected to other families and friends which makes up this nation called America. if something that large were to happen sure it will be quite a mess but people would soon realize it's us or the government, over any other differences.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by camus154

I'd rather die with a rifle in my hand then doing the walk of shame.
Why because I can't bare the thought of my children growing up in that kind of world.

Agreed, I would rather fight and die than go to a camp or have to abandon my friends and loved ones and go live in a foreign place.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Armies have been used to slaughter their own people all throughout history. What makes you think the U.S army would act any different if ordered to do the same thing?

because i know many military personnel and none of them would be willing to gun down nor enforce un constitutional laws against their own. sure you will have the nit wits that don't care about anything and also some that would fear prosecution for disobeying an order, but they would be the exception to the rule.

I also know many Military personnel and a lot of them will gun American Citizens down if given the order. My own brother told me that if American Citizens were labeled as Terrorists or a threat to the United States, that the objective of him and the men under him would be quite clear. I asked him if I was labeled as a domestic terrorist, even though he knew I wasnt, would he come after me if ordered to do so and he said yes, with no hesitation. I dont talk to my brother hardly at all anymore. He lives, breathes and eats the US Army. He is so brainwashed by them.

I know that there will be a lot that will refuse these kind of orders, but dont assume that the number will be more than the ones who will obey the orders. I hope we never have to find out the ratio of that equation.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I don't blame you, I don't think I would talk to him either. Im guessing your brother doesn't have any kids. I am thinking that maybe some of the younger recruits without families would be willing to follow such orders.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Would you agree that a large scale disaster in the states is possible, whether natural or man-made?

Would you then agree that chaos and disorder could/would follow suit to a degree that local law enforcement agencies would have great trouble handling them?

If you answered yes to those two questions, you might be able to understand why an otherwise idle unit stationed stateside would train for stateside ops such as this. In my mind it's more more ideal than if they were training to invade yet another country for no good reason.

You see, the military must train. What would you prefer them to be training for, if not disorder within our own borders?

I would be more concerned if they weren't prepared.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fear-based NWO/FEMA camps/they're coming to get us speculation.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, then to all of you brave and courageous soldiers of the real America and her Constitution, I salute your valiant efforts at staving off the evil forces that are constantly eroding the true spirit of this country. Your efforts here on the internet will not go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Hmm. I thought they did that after 9/11 also, not any less disturbing however and in this video they actually use the word camps.

So this would never work unless accompanied by a disaster of some kind and convince people that the camps are for shelter just like the nazis did before they turned on the gas.

I do not worry so much about what would trigger such an event. I worry more about the fact that this training is done and I worry about why it is done.

Fact is, the Nazi's didnt have years and years of training for what they did. It began, and it snowballed into what it was. Now we see decades of subtle training. That is alone is scary. I would argue that the way things have been in this last decade, so when you say, "It will never work unless accompanied by a disaster", I say the word "disaster" is now a word that is open to interpretation.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Would you agree that a large scale disaster in the states is possible, whether natural or man-made?

Would you then agree that chaos and disorder could/would follow suit to a degree that local law enforcement agencies would have great trouble handling them?

If you answered yes to those two questions, you might be able to understand why an otherwise idle unit stationed stateside would train for stateside ops such as this. In my mind it's more more ideal than if they were training to invade yet another country for no good reason.

You see, the military must train. What would you prefer them to be training for, if not disorder within our own borders?

I would be more concerned if they weren't prepared.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fear-based NWO/FEMA camps/they're coming to get us speculation.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

Once your dependent on outside security or anything for that matter you start giving away your freedoms and hoping the problem will be taken care of by someone else.

I would prefer them to be training on how to restore power, water, getting food to people, aiding in medical care and providing shelter in the event of disaster and not training on how to best way to herd cattle.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that a major earthquake hits the greater Los Angeles area destroying major roads/highways, the water pipes bringing water to the city, killing power, and making hundreds of thousands people homeless. Are you saying that you would not want some sort of government units trained to be able to come in and restore order, prevent looting, provide food and water, help the injured, etc...? I don't think that's what you are saying but that is what these units are training for. Martial Law does not mean round up the herd and corral them. It is a system to help restore order when the local and/or regional authorities are overwhelmed and can no longer effectively handle the situation. Implementing martial law nation-wide and turning the country into a police state is not what they are training for.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I don't blame you, I don't think I would talk to him either. Im guessing your brother doesn't have any kids. I am thinking that maybe some of the younger recruits without families would be willing to follow such orders.

He has one girl that is 15 and two adopted that are 18 and 19. He is a Lieutenant I believe and is 41. So that blows your reasoning out of the water my friend. I dont understand his reasoning and he isnt the brother I grew up with. He has changed since going into the Army. He and I are total opposites on how we think now.

If Martial Law ever happens in America, I would hope that he would come to his senses, but I really dont think he will. He trusts and believes whatever he is told be his commanders..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
Once your dependent on outside security or anything for that matter you start giving away your freedoms and hoping the problem will be taken care of by someone else.

This is true to a point. In a large scale disaster, you're going to be dependent to some degree on local/state/federal help. Maybe I'm wrong. I can't speak for others, but I'm not located in a remote bunker capable of sustaining mine while saying F the rest. Most others aren't, either.

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
I would prefer them to be training on how to restore power, water, getting food to people, aiding in medical care and providing shelter in the event of disaster and not training on how to best way to herd cattle.

I'm not fully versed in FEMA's role in emergency response, but suspect they are trained to cover these areas in conjunction with the red cross and the ACE. In extreme scenarios, their job would be quickly hindered by angry mobs that want their damn MREs now. This is where crowd/riot control training within the military comes into play.

For the record if I had more say, stateside units would be training right now to assist in bolstering our infrastructure as well.

Survivalists say it's all about being prepared. The military thinks and trains the same way. It's precautionary, and the training you see here isn't spawned out of some planned coming event that we aren't aware of (I'd hope).

Commanders must fill their training blocks, and this unit happened to go with crowd control. I'm not in that unit, but my previous unit did some of the same training for natural disaster response a few years ago, although not to the extent this one seems to be.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I have first hand knowledge of the said event that they would be training for. It is a dirty bomb, maybe not one but multiple.

Did you ever by chance see the picture of the gargoyle in a suitcase at DIA?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I stand corrected but it does not surprise me somehow.

Maybe it's because I watched the Northcomm instructional videos. See something say something, yes the troops were briefed long ago. If a person at some location is taking pictures ask them questions and alert someone, they might be a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well... I've said it before, I'll say it again.

These are just a few more of the strange things that have been going on lately that seem to point to an upcoming event, though they don't literally prove anything. However, there are SO MANY of these strange things happening that those who are denying it simply because there isn't solid proof are merely believing that the new laws being passed and the preps being made, along with the masonic connections to everything thats happened in world history, are just a million amazing coincidences. Honestly...

What are the odds?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

One minor detail I noticed in those pics, nobody seems to be sporting the US ARMY patch.

Which US ARMY patch is that? The Army tape? It's worn on the ACU jacket. All these soldiers are wearing OTVs or parkas over their ACUs.

Anyway, soldiers train in riot control from time to time. It's neither new nor exceptional. It's part of their job, and has been part of the US Army's job for hundreds of years. They also train to shoot people, blow them away with artillery, and choke them to death with their bare hands ... but no one ever panics on the internet when they see a picture of a soldier on the range or doing unarmed combat. I wonder why that is? If there this apocalyptic "martial law" ever comes to pass, shouldn't you be more worried about the soldier with the rifle than the one with the plastic shield and the wooden baton?
edit on 10-4-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Well... I've said it before, I'll say it again.

These are just a few more of the strange things that have been going on lately that seem to point to an upcoming event, though they don't literally prove anything. However, there are SO MANY of these strange things happening that those who are denying it simply because there isn't solid proof are merely believing that the new laws being passed and the preps being made, along with the masonic connections to everything thats happened in world history, are just a million amazing coincidences. Honestly...

What are the odds?

"What are the odds" is always a terrible argument.

What are the odds that the tube of toothpaste you picked out at the grocery store would ever make it into YOUR hands ON THE EXACT DATE that you bought it?

I mean, think about it. There that tube is. We'll call the tube of Crest Charlotte. Charlotte is Lot # 3,983,239 out of all the tubes of toothpaste made by Proctor and Gamble in that particular month. There Charlotte is, sitting on some conveyor belt in Kentucky, along with thousands of others just like her, waiting to be inflated with toothpaste, quality inspected, boxed up, put onto a Mac truck, and shipped to some distribution center in Kansas. From there Charlotte makes another long journey to a given Walgreen's, out of all the thousands of Walgreen's in the land, where one day here you come to pick her up off the shelf.

What are the odds that YOU, my friend, would buy Charlotte, Lot # 3,983,239? What are the odds that you would have bought her on the very day that you did?

Extraordinary, right? And utterly meaningless.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ummmmmm if i had to guess..... I would say military police training mission. Just guessing though. Riot control is a metl. Been there for years. Longer than 15 i think.

Ehhh nothing to see here......

( where did i put the remote to the tv!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join