It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Cons Spend Billions on Brainwashing Propaganda Direct at the Poor in Benefit to the Wealthy!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My Alex Jones propaganda meter is reading off the charts. Can you define neo-con in a non-sensational manner?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay
Hording of wealth is a sign this mental illness of greed. How many lifetimes of wealth does a single person need to survive?

Again ... being 'greedy' isn't mental illness. And the term 'greedy' is a subjective one. What is greedy to you isn't to others. You are putting an arbitrary cap on what a person can or can't keep. It's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS how much a person earns and/or how much they keep. If they earn it .. if it's given to them via family inheritance or whatever, you have no right to determine how much is 'too much' for them to keep. The simple fact is ... it's theirs and they have a right to it. To say otherwise is just making you a thief, taking from others because you are jealous of what they have and you are imposing your moral beliefs on others.

Obama caused this? Not Bush? You want Obama to be superman and clean up the historically colossal mess the neo-cons and Republicans caused immediately?

Partisan BS.

You've been told that both the republicans and democrats have contributed to the mess this country is in. Barney Frank ... Chris Dodd ... Obama pre-POTUS years ... Bush43 especially the last two years ... Obama POTUS years ... Nancy Pelosi ... etc etc. You have no proof to back up your statement that the situation this country is in is solely Bush43 and the Republicans fault. None. However, their is plenty of proof that show the left is just as much to blame as the right when it comes to screwing up the economy.

And again ... it's been almost 4 years under Obama's jackboot and the situation is getting worse under Obama .. not better. His severe lack of executive experience coupled with his ineptitude are blindingly apparent. (either that, or he has a 'destroy America' agenda ... take your pick).

Barney Frank Ruined The Economy

Congressman Barney Frank destroyed the U.S. economy over 15 years by relentlessly pressuring America's two mortgage giants, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, to make $1 trillion in bad home loans.

Chris Dodd, who ruined the economy, will retire in disgrace

Dodd, a Democrat from Connecticut, worked for decades with Barney Frank to coerce mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into backing home loans for buyers far too poor to ever pay the money back. At the same time, Dodd helped install Democratic friends to run the two institutions, and those handsomely paid executives reciprocated by making Dodd their No. 1 recipient of campaign contributions.

ACORN lawyer Obama sued Citibank and forced it to make bad loans

CNS News

Under the Clinton administration, federal regulators began using the act to combat “red-lining,” a practice by which banks loaned money to some communities but not to others, based on economic status. “No loan is exempt, no bank is immune,” warned then-Attorney General Janet Reno. “For those who thumb their nose at us, I promise vigorous enforcement.”

The Clinton-Reno threat of “vigorous enforcement” pushed banks to make the now infamous loans that many blame for the current meltdown, Richman said. “Banks, in order to not get in trouble with the regulators, had to make loans to people who shouldn’t have been getting mortgage loans.”

This threat combined with the government backing of Fannie and Freddie set the stage for the current uncertainty, because the “banks could just sell the loans off to Fannie or Freddie,” who could buy them with little regard for negative financial outcomes, Richman said.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
But wait .. there's more! Wanna tell me again how it's all the Republicans fault?

New York Post - BARACK'S 'ORGANIZER' BUDS PUSHED FOR BAD MORTGAGES

In fact, intimidation tactics, public charges of racism and threats to use CRA to block business expansion have enabled ACORN to extract hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and contributions from America’s financial institutions.

The Woods Fund report makes it clear Obama was fully aware of the intimidation tactics used by ACORN’s Madeline Talbott in her pioneering efforts to force banks to suspend their usual credit standards.Yet he supported Talbott in every conceivable way. He trained her personal staff and other aspiring ACORN leaders, he consulted with her extensively, and he arranged a major boost in foundation funding for her efforts.

And, as the leader of another charity, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, Obama channeled morefunding Talbott’s way – ostensibly for education projects but surely supportive of ACORN’s overall efforts

Obamacare Adds Another Half Trillion to Record Obama Deficit

In fact this year will be the fourth year in a row that the US deficit will top $1.1 trillion and is expected to reach $1.33 trillion – another Obama record.

Reuters - Obama healthcare could worsen U.S. debt

(Reuters) - Instead of curbing government spending, President Barack Obama's healthcare law could add up to $530 billion to the federal debt over ten years, a Republican expert on U.S. government benefit programs said on Tuesday.

ANOTHER OBAMA RECORD!… Deficit Tops Trillion Dollars For Third Year in a Row

Obama tripled the deficit this year with the failed Obama-Pelosi stimulus plan. In Obama’s second year the deficit topped a trillion dollars again. It was unprecedented

Huffington Post - Obama's $3.8 Trillion Budget Includes Record Deficit

Our tax money being thrown away under DEMOCRAT Obama -
Obama's Cash for Clunkers Program - Cash for Clunkers’ failure: minorities, poor people hardest hit
Wall Street Journal - Obama's Cash For Clunkers Failure
Real Clear Politics - Obama's Stimulus - Documenting the Failure
Congressional Budget Office: Obama Stimulus Failed on Jobs
Harvard Confirms Obama Stimulus a Failure
Time Business - Obama Stimulus a Failure by it's Own Measure
First 100 Days - Obama's Federal Spending Spree Raises Management Concerns

In the early months of his presidency, President Obama has shown he isn't afraid to spend billions of dollars on corporate bailouts or to run up trillions of dollars in U.S. debt to battle an economic crisis.

But in doing so, he has initiated the largest expansion of federal government since World War II and set up a massive challenge for his administration -- one that officials are already warning will be fraught with peril.

During the first 100 days of his presidency, Obama has signed a $787 billion stimulus bill into law, proposed an eye-popping $3.6 trillion budget for the next fiscal year, taken over a massive $700 billion Wall Street bailout program and created other billion-dollar programs to help grease the economic wheel.

Obama bailouts (with our tax money) of irresponsible housing speculators.
Obama bailouts (with our tax money) for Wall Street.
Obama bailouts (with our tax money) for Detroit car manufacturers.

USA Today - Bailout Money Ends Up Overseas
Bailout Money for AIG Goes Overseas
edit on 4/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

President Obama’s Propaganda Video

Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim (An Inconvenient Truth) has created a documentary short film for President Obama, entitled “The Road We’ve Traveled.” It’s really a masterful piece of propaganda, but is it dignified for a sitting president to commission something like this?

no WMDs
Nobama

take your pick

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Sorry. But when your threads state that it is still Bush's fault and that Obama has had nothing to do with the mess were in, I kinda tune out.

Axelrod? Is that you, you scamp?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

33% of Americans not working

speaking of fact checking

Both the employment-population ratio, at 58.5 percent

(Source: Bureau of Labour Statistics, US Department of Labor)
www.hrmguide.net...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sealing
Your post just proved that the Neocons brainwash.

Um ... no (again). It proves that I'm NOT taken in by partisan bunk but instead can look at the subject of this thread objectively. The FACT is that Bush43 screwed the country over, especially his last two years in office. The FACT is that Obama has made the situation worse.

That was Romney's line."He didn't start it, but he made it worse"
This has been proven again & again as being a total fabrication.

Wrong. In fact, the opposite of your comment is true. Obama has made it worse.
China owns us. The debt is soaring. Obama bombed more countries than Bush43.
AND the biggie - People generally are NOT better off now than four years ago.

Your comment .... EPIC PARTISAN FAILURE. Try again next time.

Your logic doesn't add up. If you can see clearly, than why must a president be subject to the mess caused by other and then blamed for it? If there was no mess, Obama's healthcare bill would have been a godsend to the millions of poor uninsured people of America. The Bush and friends ruined it for all Americans and then ruined it for Obama.

Don't take me for an Obama lover, I just dislike what the Republicans did to the US and now they want back into Office under the premise they can do better...serious!!!! BS! They caused the mess plain and simple!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by CantSay

33% of Americans not working

speaking of fact checking

Both the employment-population ratio, at 58.5 percent

(Source: Bureau of Labour Statistics, US Department of Labor)
www.hrmguide.net...

Yes you're right. The 88 million are 28% of the population. 28% who are retired and children.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by CantSay

Sorry. But when your threads state that it is still Bush's fault and that Obama has had nothing to do with the mess were in, I kinda tune out.

Axelrod? Is that you, you scamp?

Tune out all you want. Yes it all stemmed from the policies and actions of the Bush administration with massive Republican and rich supporters. Deregulation of the financial system allowed it to spiral out of control. The massive push to solve the problem with bailouts that went to supporting the wealthy that cause this mess was set in motion by the Bush administration before leaving. Obama was left holding the bag on a solution that was already planned to make those Wall Street crooks richer.

If anything, Obama should have prosecuted those that directly caused the problems with sub-prime loans. But how could he legally if the system had been deregulated.

And no I'm not Axelrod.
edit on 12-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Again, bailouts and the type of bailouts were set in motion by the Bush administration before he left. Bush administration left Obama holding the bag to a preconceived bailout plan in the belief it would stimulate the economy when in fact it paid Wall Street culprits and didn't trickle down. The bailout plan was horrible, but guess who conceived it first and set it in motion??...Bush!

Yes the neo-conservative Republicans are pushing policies that erode the amazing US and the world: www.nytimes.com...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming all conservatives. That's just stupid. I myself am a moderate conservative. I am blaming the directorial corporatocracy sham of very wealth associations that control the global markets and people disguising itself as capitalism and democracy, and which Republicans and conservatives are easily suggestible into accepting as their propaganda is geared closely to conservative ideals but have a much larger agenda in supporting the ultra wealthy and power hungry - not supporting the poor conservative trying to make a living.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Again ... being 'greedy' isn't mental illness. And the term 'greedy' is a subjective one. What is greedy to you isn't to others. You are putting an arbitrary cap on what a person can or can't keep. It's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS how much a person earns and/or how much they keep. If they earn it .. if it's given to them via family inheritance or whatever, you have no right to determine how much is 'too much' for them to keep. The simple fact is ... it's theirs and they have a right to it. To say otherwise is just making you a thief, taking from others because you are jealous of what they have and you are imposing your moral beliefs on others.

This is where your argument fails. What a person earns is different than what I persons accumulates. It is everyone's business how much wealth anyone accumulates because hording wealth affects society and the common good of man adversely just like gambling with people's bank money affects the people whose money it belongs to. There are many studies showing that in the animal kingdom, animals take only what they need. No more, no less. They don't horde food. That's the norm. Humans that horde wealth demonstrate deviation from the norm which is a clear sign of mental illness. We've gotten too accustom to the pursuit of wealth and riches that we've lost track of the common good. Common good is inversely proportional to individual greed.

When the right of the individual supersedes the common good of man that's a problem for everyone...literally!

Hording wealth by a few adversely affects survival of man, democratic process and the ability by others to achieve equal wealth as legal barriers are put in place by existing wealth limiting competition - not free market capitalism in the least. Unjust lawsuits destroy young start-ups which destroy small business in all sectors.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
My Alex Jones propaganda meter is reading off the charts. Can you define neo-con in a non-sensational manner?

Neo-con = ultra conservative wealthy individuals with a larger secretive agendas of benefiting themselves and associates through direct manipulation of the capitalist system through direct manipulation of the political system.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Look all I'm saying is don't take anything at face value. Check the facts and objectively listen to counterarguments for yourself again checking the facts.

Is the political system corrupt. We all know it is, so how do we make it better? I say we place back reasonable regulations, and remove politicians (focal points for corruption) and start doing direct online voting based on popular vote on all bills...online government for the people 100% by the people.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Neo-con = ultra conservative wealthy individuals with a larger secretive agendas of benefiting themselves and associates through direct manipulation of the capitalist system through direct manipulation of the political system.

Umm actually Definition

Definition of NEOCONSERVATIVE 1 : a former liberal espousing political conservatism 2 : a conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means

Youre free to have your opinions but, you cant just make up your own facts.........

If you didnt have an agenda.......youd be posting facts, real facts.......instead of just throwing out accusations and trying to stir the pot.....

infact thats what i think this whole thread is.......its not an attempt at real discussion.........its a thread trying to incite a negative response......

Dont feed the trolls people

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

1. That is an incorrect definition
2. I said non-sensational

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Umm actually Definition

Definition of NEOCONSERVATIVE 1 : a former liberal espousing political conservatism 2 : a conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means

Youre free to have your opinions but, you cant just make up your own facts.........

If you didnt have an agenda.......youd be posting facts, real facts.......instead of just throwing out accusations and trying to stir the pot.....

infact thats what i think this whole thread is.......its not an attempt at real discussion.........its a thread trying to incite a negative response......

Dont feed the trolls people

My facts are real my friend and my agenda is for EVERYONE TO CHECK THE FACTS THEMSELVES! DON'T BE SUGGESTIBLE TO ANY FORM PROPAGANDA BECAUSE IT'S CONSTANTLY BOMBARDING YOU! ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU THINK THE WAY YOU DO, WHO INFLUENCED YOU TO THINK THIS WAY AND WHO ULTIMATELY BENEFITS FROM YOU THINKING THIS WAY.

That's one "US" definition on one website, not the international definition.

Here's a more accurate description:
ipsnews.net...

Simply neo-cons are war mongers and democracy gets in the way so they circumvent it as needed to meet domestic and international power and control agendas. They highly believe in military intervention like in Iraq (in search of non-existing WMDs...oil) and now Iran.

This is why internationals worry about the US GOP. Ron Paul is not a neo-con. He is not an interventionist. He is a true conservative, but he's not going to win. So who do you choose then? Republicans with a history to war mongering and favoring bills that erode civil liberties! Or Democrats with a "slightly" more rational approach to all policies. Two evils but which is less?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

1. That is an incorrect definition
2. I said non-sensational

It is a correct definition as close as it comes to the following:
ipsnews.net...

Simply again, neo-cons are war mongers and democracy gets in the way so they circumvent it as needed to meet domestic and international power and control agendas - achieved through money control. They highly believe in military intervention like in Iraq (in search of non-existing WMDs...oil) and now Iran.

Again, not all neo-cons (those who consider themselves) or conservatives operate like this (stupid to generalize, but important to emphasize the ideology), but the problem are with those the yield too much financial power and do operate like this in associations with other like-minded financially powerful individuals which the Republican party is full of.

Do you really want a war with Iran?? Which could turn into a global conflict because of an ideology that supports military action and war...wars who financially benefit the owners of the military industrial complex of which many are Republicans like the Bush family. And I haven't even touched on the world banking cabal who ideology is similar many respects.

The alternative is peaceful diplomacy. Show the Iranian people what's on the other side of the fence and they will overthrow their own government for a just and democratic one.

There is a lot of misinformation and propaganda walking a fine line with conservative ideologies but actually in support of larger secretive agendas that benefit a very few. The 88 million Americans not working propaganda is such as attempt and pushed me off the deep end as it is a complete lie by politically spinning normal demographic figures (many of the retired and children of the US) in favor of a political agenda supporting a party filled with very wealthy neo-cons with war mongering ideologies who favor military intervention and global conflict.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also "don't feed the shills"...which I believe this site is full of.

And before anyone remarks that I'm a shill for what imaginative agenda they come up with, I am not. I've been on this site for sometime posting about a lot of alternative topics that are not politically based. I am a hard working independent-conservatively minded Canadian who absolutely loves the US where a lot of my family reside and are American. Being Canadian, I am exposed to a lot of objective international news that is not, or much less, subjective sensational infotainment as found in the US. Who still trusts CNN, NBC and Fox News after all the crap they've spit out lately and legit news they haven't reported on? My point, open your eyes.

And once again:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Simply again, neo-cons are war mongers and democracy gets in the way so they circumvent it as needed to meet domestic and international power and control agendas - achieved through money control. They highly believe in military intervention like in Iraq (in search of non-existing WMDs...oil) and now Iran.

That is still not a real definition, it is sensationalized rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by CantSay

That is still not a real definition, it is sensationalized rhetoric.

Did you even read the article?? The article defines it nicely.

The tone of the article favors neo-con foreign-domestic policy which involves military intervention. To rational people, it's war mongering to meet larger agendas and war generates money for private military contractors and manufacturers at the expense of human lives and peace!!

Further more read the evolution of neo-cons ending in the Bush Doctrine (of preventative war...which is internationally illegal) and the comments of Kirkpatrick on the promotion of democracy and it's two way path through neo-con ideology as an end product:
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join