It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Cons Spend Billions on Brainwashing Propaganda Direct at the Poor in Benefit to the Wealthy!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The US has a distorted view on demographic norms, especially around this 88 million people not working, because neo-cons are spending billions on propaganda to brainwash the masses to accepting an alternate norm that SCREWS the poor and benefit the wealthy.

Example: www.newsleader.com...

Unfortunately a huge number of the the poor are uneducated and thus accept whatever is thrown at them even to their detriment. Newspapers to poster ads are purchased by the wealthy and directed at the poor. The poor don't know better because education is expensive in the US which makes them poor to start because you need an education to at least have more potential at a better life either through a career or your own business (you need knowledge which starts with reading and studying). It's a vicious cycle with no hope - NO social mobility in the US!!!! The US is messed up and turning into a 3rd world country! I love the US and I love it's people, and I'm really saddened how distorted it has become.

WAKE UP! Neo-cons are brainwashing the masses. Obama, with all his faults, is the best hope your country has to actually help the American people BUT greed has poisoned the American dream. Ron Paul is a wildcard with an unknown outcome (I like the guy) because his policy on social and medical matters is very poor ESPECIALLY for the poor.

The demographics of the so called "lazy" people are retired people and children. That's why in Canada and the US have very large numbers/percentage of the population that don't work. Children ages 1-14 are illegal to work and retirees have done their share of work and decide to retire like you will someday because they're old and medically frail compared to younger able bodied people. This is how it's always been!

Example: Take a single family of 4. A father, mother and two children. If only the father or mother work, than only 1/3 (33%) of the family unit works. If the father and mother both work, than only 1/2 (50%) of the family unit work. If you expect 100% of the family unit to work, the children have to work also. If you don't see this, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR YOU!

33% of Americans not working < 54% of Canadians.

Only 46% of Canadians actual work (16mil/35mil). It's a demographic norm because 54% of those not working are retired or children.

In the US there are 117 million baby boomers retiring = 38% total population!!

Reality is there are, and will be, lots of jobs and business opportunities in elder care and child care.

This is blatant conservative propaganda indirectly attacking elder social benefits for political motives in upcoming US election...just fries me!!!!

I just hate misleading info that readers take as fact without checking freely public numbers!

CHECK FACTS FOR YOURSELF! DO YOU OWN RESEARCH! NEVER TAKE ANYTHING AT FACE VALUE WITHOUT CHECKING THE FACTS!
edit on 10-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Obama, with all his faults, is the best hope your country has to actually help the American people

I dont agree. Obama is a liar and a fraud. He fooled everyone once,are we all stupid enough to fall for it again? He needs to be voted out.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'd like to make an observation before everyone has too much fun and things get totally out of hand for blaming every national economic problem on Conservatives and Republicans. ...and they get their fair share of blame, don't get me wrong.

However....Some seem to insist that the goal of Conservatives is to make a profit above all else and at the expense of the Middle Class. Making the Poor poorer, so to speak.
Well.. Here is the Observation and question.

First.... If the middle class are put down to the poor class...and the poor class are put straight into grinding poverty, who exactly is left to keep buying the crap the leaders of capitalist industry produce? Someone has to have money to BUY the widget before the big factory owner can build it to hire people and pay them too little to make too many of them.
So.. The question... If the above premise makes sense for part of this whole picture that MUST happen for it all to work (Consumers being around to consume things) than how could it ever be to the benefit of private industry to bury the Middle Class? One NEEDS the other to survive.

It seems to me the only people to benefit from the poor getting poorer and Middle Class ceasing to exist is Government. R Government and D Government. The whole ugly ball of wax politicians melded together. OUTSIDE Washington and GS level salaries, I don't think anyone in their right MIND wants to see America get worse. INSIDE Washington, it's almost a requirement to continue the boom in expanded Government control and programs.

BTW.. S/F Op, I disagree..but I don't have to agree on topic. You still hit a touchy topic without being hateful or combative. Nice approach!

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Obama, with all his faults, is the best hope your country has to actually help the American people

I dont agree. Obama is a liar and a fraud. He fooled everyone once,are we all stupid enough to fall for it again? He needs to be voted out.

What's the alternative?? Mitt, Newt, Santorum, Dr. Paul. I'd vote for Ron Paul even though I hate this social policies because he listens to the people and has no agenda (genuine), but he's not going to win. So what then??

Obama didn't cause this mess. Bush did who is a Republican who are the ones pushing propaganda maintaining the rich.

I don't disagree that Democrats and Republicans are both corrupted but what's the best of two evils that will benefit the people of the America? The ones that caused this mess or those that didn't.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd like to make an observation before everyone has too much fun and things get totally out of hand for blaming every national economic problem on Conservatives and Republicans. ...and they get their fair share of blame, don't get me wrong.

However....Some seem to insist that the goal of Conservatives is to make a profit above all else and at the expense of the Middle Class. Making the Poor poorer, so to speak.
Well.. Here is the Observation and question.

First.... If the middle class are put down to the poor class...and the poor class are put straight into grinding poverty, who exactly is left to keep buying the crap the leaders of capitalist industry produce? Someone has to have money to BUY the widget before the big factory owner can build it to hire people and pay them too little to make too many of them.
So.. The question... If the above premise makes sense for part of this whole picture that MUST happen for it all to work (Consumers being around to consume things) than how could it ever be to the benefit of private industry to bury the Middle Class? One NEEDS the other to survive.

It seems to me the only people to benefit from the poor getting poorer and Middle Class ceasing to exist is Government. R Government and D Government. The whole ugly ball of wax politicians melded together. OUTSIDE Washington and GS level salaries, I don't think anyone in their right MIND wants to see America get worse. INSIDE Washington, it's almost a requirement to continue the boom in expanded Government control and programs.

BTW.. S/F Op, I disagree..but I don't have to agree on topic. You still hit a touchy topic without being hateful or combative. Nice approach!

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

What you've mentioned is a lack of foresight by greedy wealthy. You expect the wealthy to be intelligent. I know they're not. Short term goal over long tern goals.

In the end they win even if all 99% of the population go down to grinding poverty. They hold the means to pay for a police state where the new middle class become police officers, soldiers and judicial administrators who maintain a physical barrier between the poor and rich. The rich don;t care about you and your logic.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Neo-Cons Spend Billions on Brainwashing Propaganda Direct at the Poor in Benefit to the Wealthy!,

Liberals spend billions on brainwashing propaganda directed at the poor (and stupid) to benefit, both politically and financially, those taking advantage of them. See ... the right can say the same about the left. Two sides of the same coin.

Originally posted by CantSay
Obama didn't cause this mess.

No .... but he made it WORSE.

edit on 4/10/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

But you're avatar is "Ham Rove" who is running Mitt's campaign.
Rove is the definition of Liar and Fraud which you obviously know
hence the avatar. And I don't think Ron Paul is going to be able to win.
So maybe you're just sitting this one out?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Neo-Cons Spend Billions on Brainwashing Propaganda Direct at the Poor in Benefit to the Wealthy!,

Liberals spend billions on brainwashing propaganda directed at the poor (and stupid) to benefit, both politically and financially, those taking advantage of them. See ... the right can say the same about the left. Two sides of the same coin.

Yes they do. Both side are corrupt, but ONLY one made the current mess.

Obama didn't make this mess, you you expect him to be Superman and stop a moving train that got rolling by the conservative wealthy? He has to be super compared to any prior president because of the historically colossal mess up by the conservatives? Seriously!! It's like saying to a doctor (someone above the educational norm) save this man whose head this other guy blew off - you're a doctor you can do it. Seriously! Neo-con logic.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Your post just proved that the Neocons brainwash.
Nothing is worse than the Bush nosedive.
That was Romney's line."He didn't start it, but he made it worse"
This has been proven again & again
as being a total fabrication.
And yeah both sides are bad but one is
way worse at the moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Both side are corrupt, but ONLY one made the current mess.

Um ... no. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Nancy Pelosi etc etc all contributed to the mess that we have now. Even Obama himself did. When he was a lawyer for ACORN he sued Citibank and forced it to make bad morgages to people even though everyone knew those people wouldn't be able to pay. Obama is part of the reason for the housing mess. And his spending policies while in the Oval Office have made things worse. China owns us. Obamacare? YIKES.

Obama didn't make this mess, you you expect him to be Superman and stop a moving train that got rolling by the conservative wealthy?

The 'moving train' didn't get going just because of wealthy conservatives. That's silly.
It got going because of MANY people and MANY reasons ... from both the right and the left.
You are posting the left wing partisan line. It's MYOPIC. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Well, again, fair on your points and I agree that the true wealth couldn't care less about what we think, do or want. Of course true wealth in my mind is the REAL 1% figure of those who physically hold the vast majority of the world's wealth. They aren't driving anyone into the poor house though. As you note, our petty lives are too far beneath a Rockefeller or a Soros to even give that much thought to.

For the vast majority of business and capitalist industry though, I respectfully disagree here again. Rich people aren't short sighted or foolish. Those two qualities are what I believe distinguish a man like Gates or Trump from those who win a multi-million dollar lottery and are flat broke a year later, wondering where it all went. So.. I certainly don't think those who make the economy go and build the plants that hire us to work are at all indifferent to the plight of the people. Without the people their wealth lasts only as long as it takes to spend it....with NO more coming to replenish.

It takes a Government to look at prosperity among the population as a bad thing that needs a solution.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Your post just proved that the Neocons brainwash.

Um ... no (again). It proves that I'm NOT taken in by partisan bunk but instead can look at the subject of this thread objectively. The FACT is that Bush43 screwed the country over, especially his last two years in office. The FACT is that Obama has made the situation worse.

That was Romney's line."He didn't start it, but he made it worse"
This has been proven again & again as being a total fabrication.

Wrong. In fact, the opposite of your comment is true. Obama has made it worse.
China owns us. The debt is soaring. Obama bombed more countries than Bush43.
AND the biggie - People generally are NOT better off now than four years ago.

Your comment .... EPIC PARTISAN FAILURE. Try again next time.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You expect the wealthy to be intelligent. I know they're not. Short term goal over long tern goals.

Generalize much? If wealthy people were not as intelligent as they are, then they wouldn't have earned their money and/or they wouldn't have been able to keep their money. They obviously understand finance and economics better than anyone posting on this site ... including you. You just sound jealous.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by CantSay

Well, again, fair on your points and I agree that the true wealth couldn't care less about what we think, do or want. Of course true wealth in my mind is the REAL 1% figure of those who physically hold the vast majority of the world's wealth. They aren't driving anyone into the poor house though. As you note, our petty lives are too far beneath a Rockefeller or a Soros to even give that much thought to.

For the vast majority of business and capitalist industry though, I respectfully disagree here again. Rich people aren't short sighted or foolish. Those two qualities are what I believe distinguish a man like Gates or Trump from those who win a multi-million dollar lottery and are flat broke a year later, wondering where it all went. So.. I certainly don't think those who make the economy go and build the plants that hire us to work are at all indifferent to the plight of the people. Without the people their wealth lasts only as long as it takes to spend it....with NO more coming to replenish.

It takes a Government to look at prosperity among the population as a bad thing that needs a solution.

By intelligent, I meant that the wealthy use intelligence to get what they want, but they don't see the larger picture of the consequences of their actions which makes them short sighted. Greed blinds just as badly as love blinds. Greed recently has been suggested as a mental illness by scientists.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Greed recently has been suggested as a mental illness by scientists.

Not exactly. Greed is an evolutionary psychology survival trait. It's basically primal and a GOOD thing for humans and their own survival. It's only when it interferes with a persons life in regards to their other relationships and their general health that it becomes a mental health situation. Such as a person who 'hordes' newspapers and has them piled up to the ceiling in their living room .. that kind of thing.

Yahoo News - mental health

Being greedy is NOT in the DSM-IV as a mental illness.

What you consider 'greedy' is just people using their brains and gaining more money and a better standard of living for themselves. There is nothing wrong with that. Again .. you just sound jealous.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You expect the wealthy to be intelligent. I know they're not. Short term goal over long tern goals.

Generalize much? If wealthy people were not as intelligent as they are, then they wouldn't have earned their money and/or they wouldn't have been able to keep their money. They obviously understand finance and economics better than anyone posting on this site ... including you. You just sound jealous.

They have intelligence in one aspect (money and finances for themselves) but completely blind in other aspects. All actions have consequences. Are there those who are wholely intelligent and wealthy? Yes. Are they the majority of the wealthy? No. Once again, greed blinds. Even the wholely intelligent wealthy will setup systems and policy to ensure that their wealth is never threatened which is basis for the erosion of democracy. The wealthy will not allow poor individuals the potential to make wealth to threaten their own. The political system and judicial systems become corrupt and skewed with laws and policy favoring the current rich. With extreme wealth, democracy cannot exist!! Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg became wealthy because technology moves too fast that existing wealthy couldn't see because they didn't have knowledge in these new markets. Now these new markets (computers and social media) have their kings, these kings will ensure that others don't threaten their wealth and the basis for it through laws and lawsuits. The US doesn't have true free market capitalism, it has a corrupted corporatocracy entrenched in distorting politics and spewing out public propaganda all for their own selfish shortsighted GREED!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Voting left or right won't change a dam thing, it's the same puppet masters calling the shots from Israel or have none of you been paying any attention.

America has a serious problom and only radical soloution will fix it.

You have the laws of treason and just need to balls to enfoce it yourselves because the justice system in the USA is well past repair and most judges are as guilty as sin and need removing along with your bankers and politicians.

Time to take back what is yours and tell them to stuff the rules, regulation and taxes that only benifit the elite i thinks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

I have been in the commercial construction business for a long time. Never in my work life time have I seen the economy (unemployment) so bad. Yes, unemployment is actually worse than being reported. I have been laid off twice in the past 2 years because business are not spending money to expand because of obama's disasterous policies. There is no propoganda in my opinion, just an ever increasing assault on the private sector.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Greed recently has been suggested as a mental illness by scientists.

Not exactly. Greed is an evolutionary psychology survival trait. It's basically primal and a GOOD thing for humans and their own survival. It's only when it interferes with a persons life in regards to their other relationships and their general health that it becomes a mental health situation. Such as a person who 'hordes' newspapers and has them piled up to the ceiling in their living room .. that kind of thing.

Yahoo News - mental health

Being greedy is NOT in the DSM-IV as a mental illness.

What you consider 'greedy' is just people using their brains and gaining more money and a better standard of living for themselves. There is nothing wrong with that. Again .. you just sound jealous.

I meant that it has been suggested as a mental illness in respect to the natural norm as measured by other animals in the animal kingdom. Other animals take only what they need. That's the natural norm.

polkmuseumofart.org...

Humans have tipped the scale. Any mental illness is an extreme of a characteristic that is typical normal and beneficial. Hording of wealth is a sign this mental illness of greed. How many lifetimes of wealth does a single person need to survive? 2 or 10 or 1000? They only live one lifetime physically. That's just one argument, but how about the manipulation of commodity prices by killing livestock??? Instead of killing livestock or burning crops, they could feed the poor, but that's too socialist isn't it? How do you classify that type of behavior? A distorted sick system breeds that type of behavior.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25thINFANTRYVET
reply to post by CantSay

I have been in the commercial construction business for a long time. Never in my work life time have I seen the economy (unemployment) so bad. Yes, unemployment is actually worse than being reported. I have been laid off twice in the past 2 years because business are not spending money to expand because of obama's disasterous policies. There is no propoganda in my opinion, just an ever increasing assault on the private sector.

Really?? Obama caused this? Not Bush? You want Obama to be superman and clean up the historically colossal mess the neo-cons and Republicans caused immediately? You don't understand that the neo-cons and Republicans are making the economy worse intentionally, especially key wealthy people. I bet all the bosses that laid you off are conservative also ascribing to the propaganda and not seeing the larger picture. Obama, and like minds, are fighting the neo-cons who are manipulating the system to favor themselves because Obama promotes policies that help the poor like you. Seriously WAKE UP!

Do you want the same people back in office that cause this mess?? Or those that didn't cause it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join