It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your American Flag T-Shirt is Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Use of the US Flag in Advertising is Illegal

According to the subset of US Code which deals with proper care and use of the American flag, “The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.”

Additionally, the code, which was written in the 1920s and adopted in 1942, states, “No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.”

history.verdeserve.com...
Just an interesting fact most people do not know about the use of the American Flag, the law is rarely enforced as it would be crazy to arrest some patriotic mom wearing a US Flag T-Shirt. An example of the crazy laws in this country

Technically this is illegal in America

edit on 10-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Technically EVERYTHING is illegal SOMEWHERE in America.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If a profit can be made from it,
then no one cares.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Technically EVERYTHING is illegal SOMEWHERE in America.

No. This means that technically NORTH AMERICA is illegal EVERYWHERE.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wooo.. so Canadians are illegal!

I like that!

Just like Europe to think that it is the world.

That's why they complain about America so much.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
given that most american flags are produced in china it probably bypasses the rule due to them being produced outside the country

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It was proven unconstitutional and as a violation of 1st Amendment rights.
And yes, I am speaking about burning the flag.

If you can burn the flag, than you can sure as hell wear it. Free speech.

Amazing how such a vast proportion of the US Code is actually unconstitutional.
Did you know the current edition of the US Code is over 200,000 pages long?
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It was proven unconstitutional and as a violation of 1st Amendment rights.
And yes, I am speaking about burning the flag.

If you can burn the flag, than you can sure as hell wear it. Free speech.

Amazing how such a vast proportion of the US Code is actually unconstitutional.
Did you know the current edition of the US Code is over 200,000 pages long?
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)
I vote for burning that and starting over. Thats wayy too many pages. And I bet half to 3/4 of it is just tax code...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I do think of that when I see the people who really over do it, once I seen a woman with a leather american flag jacket, an american flag bikini top and some awesome trashtastic acid wash jeans with lace paneled sides, she was on a harley with a man with an american flag bandana and I and was happy to see someone love their country that much, not a lot of people know its actually illegal but its refreshing to see that pride.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
I do think of that when I see the people who really over do it, once I seen a woman with a leather american flag jacket, an american flag bikini top and some awesome trashtastic acid wash jeans with lace paneled sides, she was on a harley with a man with an american flag bandana and I and was happy to see someone love their country that much, not a lot of people know its actually illegal but its refreshing to see that pride.

I sadly do not share their pride.

Any nation that has 200,000 + pages of policies to "regulate society", is a failed society.
That is glaringly apparent.

We can all easily be criminals with that many potential infractions. In fact I bet each and every one of us is a criminal, the only hard part is finding out which section of the code we are breaking. See it's a catch 22.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
I vote for burning that and starting over. Thats wayy too many pages. And I bet half to 3/4 of it is just tax code...

I agree the US Code should be eliminated.

Problem is that Congress keeps creating more legislation daily and it keeps piling up. And the SCOTUS dropped the ball and isn't overturning enough of the legislation. Therefore the snowball keeps growing.

So # 1) Congress needs to stop passing all of these pointless regulations.

and # 2) The Supreme Court needs to start doing their job and tossing most of this crap out.

That means that essentially all branches of government are complicit and guilty in this debacle. The legislative, judicial, and executive branches reek of the garbage bin.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I sadly do not share their pride.

Any nation that has 200,000 + pages of policies to "regulate society", is a failed society.
That is glaringly apparent.

We can all easily be criminals with that many potential infractions. In fact I bet each and every one of us is a criminal, the only hard part is finding out which section of the code we are breaking. See it's a catch 22.

Im proud of my Flag and will always be, but not to proud of who is running the country and sadly what it is becoming. :-(

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Im proud of my Flag and will always be, but not to proud of who is running the country and sadly what it is becoming. :-(

Why be proud of a piece of cloth with dye on it? Seems sort of silly doesn't it?

If you are proud of Freedom, you don't need a flag for that , in fact, flags are one of the biggest threats to freedom ever invented.

If you are proud of the Constitution, than you surely don't need the flag for that, that document can stand on it's own.

If you are proud of the men and women who fought and died under that flag, than you should be proud of your countrymen rather than the banner they wove, because they could have held any symbol or held no symbol, and still remain just as great and praiseworthy as before.

Truth be told, the only reason we revere the flag is because we were taught to. We were indoctrinated into it. Just like being born into a religious family, you are taught to honor the traditions of those who preceded you.
We saluted the flag and pledged allegiance to it, it was practically forced upon us as impressionable children.

And the sad part is that it was all lies. They lied about that flag and they lied about our history. They lied so that we would love the flag, so we would honor it, so we would die for it.

But who is taught to honor and revere Liberty in such a blind fanaticism? This is the problem that has developed around us...

Whatever reason you have for holding the flag, I can reveal to stand just fine (if not better) without the flag.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well said, the only thing I would change is the word Proud as too much Pride makes people ignorant to the truth. They feel that they are too good for everyone else's opinion. If they have too much pride, they are not are willing to listen to people to better themselves. I prefer the word honor and to honor a piece of clothing is silly but to honor lives given for others to be safe is very honorable and there were a lot of lives given in a effort to see that the world didn't end up like this.

Humility not Pride Leads to Wisdom

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 has the Flag Code. Here's a link:
www.ushistory.org... I found it interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 has the Flag Code. Here's a link:
www.ushistory.org... I found it interesting.

That right there is the 100% proof that they lied to us somewhere along the lines about a few critical issues.

I know every one of you were taught as children that flag represented freedom, and dictating how and when to use a flag is not freedom, it is a dictation. An authoritative command.

They are exact opposites - telling me what to do with the flag and restricting my activity versus leaving me be and respecting my discretion.

Come on folks we aren't children, we are suppose to be adults who can think for ourselves and make our own choices.

They told me that flag represents freedom, but here the exact same government is presenting legislation in hopes of directing the course of my personal action. It is incredibly ironic in fact. Over a piece of cloth no less. All this controversy over a piece of cloth.

And if you think we modern folk are totally absurd and nuts, think of how horrifyingly insane people must have been throughout history.

In many ways the 'cult' explanation fits extremely well. Essentially there are many different cults, and they will adopt various symbols or icons through heraldry in order to not only represent their faction, but also on the battlefield where the cults fought it out, they needed various methods of identifying friend from foe, and so things like uniforms developed.

All this killing and fighting through history. For the home team? Sports are designed like war as well, gotta practice.

Similar to war and politics in human history is hunting game. But there is a critical difference, we don't actually have a practice of presenting our colors/icons to the animal before we kill it.
Why?

All of these questions reveal something. They reveal that we are told two different stories. Two opposite conflicting interests.

Either I am free or I am not.
Right now it appears I am free, but the "US Code" claims I am not.
Perhaps the US Code is a legal fiction and applies only to legal fictions?

top topics

join