It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle youth prison project meeting SHUT DOWN by angry protesters!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I hope this is the right thread... just wanna share this with you, 'coz that's an amazing action that was carried out, and an example to everyone out there who's fed up with the youth being destroyed and abused by the organized legal/corporate gangsters...

The King County Council, the same group of geniuses that liquidated the Free Ride Area downtown, decided to have a public meeting at Seattle University in order to discuss their plans for the King County Youth Detention Center. It is no surprise that Seattle University was chosen to host this meeting, given that the school is one of the primary nodes of gentrification in the Central District. The developed area of 12th Avenue near the school has grown considerably over the years and now the council is helping developers extend that area to the edge of the Central District.

The plan calls for the remodeling of the Detention Center and the incorporation of upscale apartments and storefronts into the block. The County Council is proposing a tax levee to voters and will sell off over half the property to private interests in order to “offset costs to the taxpayer.” There is clearly some a$$-slapping and money-dealing going on behind the scenes. In light of these developments, dozens of people attended the meeting with County Council in order to make clear the utter disgust and hatred they had for these youth-incarceration profiteers.

**ATSers BEWARE... video contains nasty language, as these protesters were far from "civilized"!***

(sorry for that... I didn't make this vid)

Moments into the presentation, people started yelling at the Council, calling them out for their greed and duplicity. None of the council members could defend themselves and some of them even attempted to use their authority to silence people. This did not work and in their panic they called the Seattle Police Dept for protection. The judges in the room were verbally stripped of their authority and revealed to be what they were. In the case of one judge, he was revealed to be a small toad with a human finger that he could point at people. Ultimately, the meeting was called off and the plans of the council were thwarted for the time being.

In conclusion, we would like to remind everyone that regular noise demonstrations are held for the benefit of the young people locked inside. Hopefully you will participate in the next one and also attend any events related to the ultimate destruction of the Youth Detention Center. We have no demands of the County Council, and the only action they could hope to take is to immediately free the youth, demolish the buildings, and leave the field unowned, belonging to no one and everyone. While we are not strong enough yet to destroy the detention center ourselves, we hope to be so one day, just as the people of Egypt were able to during their revolution. If we can ever accomplish this task, we will be living in a revolutionary moment and the world will be open to us. That day cannot come soon enough.

Generalizing disquiet,

The Committee to Liquidate Order

Corporate crooks, hands off our children!!!
edit on 10/4/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/12 by Echtelion because: vid adress corrected... sorry

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The url is bad so i went to youtube and searched and actually found the video.. It is so highly edited for someones agenda I do not see how you formed any opinion of the meeting or the facts!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RunjimRun
The url is bad so i went to youtube and searched and actually found the video.. It is so highly edited for someones agenda I do not see how you formed any opinion of the meeting or the facts!

That video was obviously a first edit and is very recent... it's pretentious to say it was edited to serve their agenda as neither I or you know what the "facts" are on how the meeting happened.

But it's quite obvious that it was heavily disrupted in a way that the proceedings could not continue.

Comparing this to the typical civilized, polite demonstrations OUTSIDE of meetings... that always end up changing absolutely nothing...

Video url fixed.
edit on 10/4/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You know what this means?

If people are taking a stand like this, and if this is going to become commonplace, that means things are finally culminating.

Our government has gained a reputation as being crooks, all of them.
That means they have lost the legitimacy of their authority, and now they can only hold authority through force or threats of force (totalitarians).

This leaves us with 3 options:

1) This is a fluke.

2) This will become commonplace and curtail the government's overstepping of authority, and facilitate the rebirth of a liberty oriented society.

or
3) This will become commonplace and force the hand of government to crack down on anyone questioning their authority and give rise to a totalitarian autocracy.

edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

But it's quite obvious that it was heavily disrupted in a way that the proceedings could not continue.

And therein lies one of our most potent and powerful weapons against the establishment.

Why do you think they are so adamant and hardcore about convincing protests to not block the street?
Because that's their weakness.

Sure it will screw over regular people, but those regular people are screwing you over by voting in corrupt criminals and accepting the status quo.

The only real ways to defeat the system are economic. Boycotts, blocking the transit mediums, etc.
Other forms of protest have proven to be either ineffective, or producing unexpected and undesirable results.

Disrupt their proceedings, slow them down at least.
Something has to be done to stop this out of control government.
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
so the addition of annoying music ,sound effects, and repeating lines when seen fit is not constituted as editing... Wow get another glass of kool aide. I want to see the rough footage not the evidently spiced up version. Deny Ignorance!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RunjimRun
so the addition of annoying music ,sound effects, and repeating lines when seen fit is not constituted as editing... Wow get another glass of kool aide. I want to see the rough footage not the evidently spiced up version. Deny Ignorance!

Yeah, that's editing. Too bad if they did it artsy-fartsy, but I don't see where it "fakes" up these bureaucrats being shut down to complete silence and shame.

Of course, there are DHS/Police shills here who'll keep pushing their own agenda of denying any good stuff the people do to fight this corrupt regime... but surely, you ain't one of them, eh?

top topics

join