It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Ok To Smudge The Truth A Little In Order To Help Awaken Others?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Ok so as the question states is it ok to smudge the truth a little to get those that believe nothing is going on in order for them to pay attention. I of course dont mean the attention from everyone but maybe family and some people that you may concerned with.

For example, something so simple as the old saying that if you swallow gum it takes X amount of years to leave your system, how this got famous I dont know but it worked. Lets say you know someone that is hurting themselves with chemicals, or additives, etc,. and you know that in the long run this is going to do harm, so you tell them that this may in fact cause them harm along the way, and they dismiss it.

Do you A, bring it up nonchalantly and say here are the medical implications of the long term damage, here is a video about what it can do, and here is the research, which most likely they will ignore...

Or B, you tell them that this will cause something way more drastic then it will actually do, but may stop them from doing it? And just go right for the scare tactic that people seem to be so fond of, like if you do XYZ, you will glow like a lantern and it will cause Nibiru to seek out those that are glowing and destroy you in a wave of utter destruction!!

Yes of course that was a exaggeration, but you get the picture.

Peace, NRE.

The problem is, people believe what they want to believe. Sometimes no amount of coaching, sniping, subtle gestures or anything will get someone to change an attitude, especially a long ingrained ideal.

An example is smoking. I personally have only just quit in the last two years, despite the fact I knew for years and years it was bad for my health. In the end, no amount of friends telling me, parents chastising me, or anyone's sole word was going to change that. In the end, I just decided one day to change my habits and give up. Even though I'd tried and failed in the past many times, one day I just kinda "saw the light" and haven't gone back since.

Education is the only real key to change an attitude. Lying to someone, even a white lie or helpful lie, can backfire badly and have the opposite effect of what you are trying to acheive. Always be honest and if you want to change an idea, especially if you are concerned with their health or well-being, sometimes it is just best to plant a seed of an idea, and let it grow.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why 'smudge' Truth when you can employ the Socratic Method?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.socraticmethod.net...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Nope. We are here to deny ignorance, and for that, we require truth, cold hard truth, not sugar coated, exaggerated claims.

Seems like you are talking about a drug situation, though it could just be an easy example. My feelings on that have always been TRUTH. don't want your kids to drink or do drugs? be STRAIGHT with them. Give them the facts so they can make an informed decision.

Telling someone "don't do this" is a challenge, especially for a teenager.

If this is indeed a chemical addiction issue, simply telling them won't help at all, once you become mentally or physically addicted to a substance, your brain simply doesn't function like a normal non addicted person. You will do mental gymnastics to justify what you are doing.

Take smoking for example, and yes, I'm still fighting that addiction myself.

Cancer, heart disease, yadda yadda. doesn't mean crap to a child, they are invincible. Beyond that, smoking only raises your chances, it isn't a guarantee that you will have cancer. Hell, in Canada half the pack of cigarettes is an anti smoking ad, some just show a child with a cigg mimicking the parent. Others actually show rotted out teeth, cancerous tumors, even a split brain with a stroke leaking blood.

Didn't stop anything. Now the stores have to keep all the tobacco products hidden from view, people are still smoking.

So here's a conversation I had recently with a young girl who tried to buy a smoke from me at the bus stop.

First, I told her i'm not going to give you one because you are far too young, and it's a hefty fine if I get caught supplying a minor with tobacco.

Then, instead of preaching about cancer and all that (while actually smoking) I decided a different approach.

Nicotine is a stimulant. Once in your bloodstream it increases your heart rate. Every puff of smoke you inhale into your lungs is prematurely aging your whole body. This is most noticeable in the face, if you keep smoking at your age now, when you are 25 you'll look 35, and it will get worse, beyond the fact that you are working all of your organs in overdrive.

Do you really want to be that leathery hacking single woman at the end of the bar?

dunno if it made a difference, but I could have bent the truth and exaggerated, instead, I stuck to some basic facts, cherry picking the ones I thought would have the most impact.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Smudging the truth backfires on the smudger. The smudger will no longer be credible after that.

Smudging truth to teach truth? The irony of it all!

Smudgers shouldn't be teachers.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I like how many replies are asking for "the truth" and how people say truth > smudging the truth.... but wait.... what about all the Alex Jones and Fulford threads that get so much attention for distorting the truth?

Why do they get praised so much?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
To say that one is awakened through dilution is both self deception and the ultimate wrong. Ignorance cannot be intelligence, nor can stupidity be enlightenment no matter how real it feels.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

it is incredible how u love to say nothing just to ensure all what is still as it is perfect for u

Nothing is perfect for me Imans. Who told you that? Whoever it was they was lying.
And if that is what you think, then you think wrong. Next time quit making lefts and going in circles and eventually you will make a turn for the right.

how can children concept being related to truth smudge ?

Children are children, you know this you have children, why ask me. Do you lie to them absolutely, or do you lie to them involuntarily do you know the truth of lies, or do you sweep them all under the rug. Do they now cast shadows of doubt and rainbows of fright of all that was left and all that was right, keep to them Imans and you will see yourself.

by definition a child is a relative one that has nothing to do with absolute facts nor truth

That is absolute bullock, you argue then for, and now against. And tomorrow you will argue for and against what you today argued and labeled so absolutely.

conscious is exclusively about grown up rotten asses, bored to mean nothing after everything they did got to b forced to sit as conscious a bit

Cant argue against that, but everybody has to say something, and something they will say, but in time it all becomes nothing but a conscious bit and while were all horsing around, in time our horse will be biting at it's bit maybe in frustration or maybe in excitement.

We can tell the time of day, that is clear as daylight. And under the moon there is still light of the day's sojourn, but we cant never quite tell the time of all that is hidden in lies and from lies.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Lying is never the right answer. You get caught and they never believe you again.

Look where the "spin" (lies) from the politicians has lead us.

You are right that people are foolish and often don't care what's going on around them beyond their social lives. "You can't fix stupid."

Sadly though, they vote, camp out in parks and pretend to protest for instance.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. If you are using half truths and twisting things around....You're not really awakening them to truth at all...Just bits and pieces of truth mixed in with lies to make it more attention grabbing for them.

Stick with the truth. Anything else is just a lie.
edit on 11-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have to say that I wrote this because I began sharing truths with some and they thought it more "acceptable" to exaggerate a bit. I for one didn't really think that ATS'ers would think this acceptable, but in the reality of it all, whatever brought you here became your truth, no matter where you found it.

It didn't take another to convince you, most of us do our research, but there is an entire peoples that are doing it this way. Outside of many of us here, there is another group/groups that have found there way in taking something that is still harmful, and making it more then that in order to reach out.

I dont think is wrong in some aspects, but this is (ATS) an entirely different situation.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

No. On that path be dragons.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

That is absolute bullock, you argue then for, and now against. And tomorrow you will argue for and against what you today argued and labeled so absolutely.

bullok urself, i never argued for children, that what prove also how u r nothing but constant lies use

children has nothing to do with truth nor objective facts, it is obvious how u mean to lean on jesus words to justify everything of now for his powers over all

children are simply representant of innocent since they are not relative actors yet, but innocent in reference to relative criminals is not anyone right

ur insistance to b over truth is what certify u being evil ways end

truth is by definition the exclusive existing fact and sense in absolute terms, there cant b a stand out clearly able to speak the truth
while that is confirmed since it would b clear opposition to truth major fact, asserting a stand out of truth existing is clearly shouting for truth destruction then

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Whatever...Prove it then.

Second.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It comes down to opinion, doesn't it? I personally would rather always have the truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Is It Ok To Smudge The Truth A Little In Order To Help Awaken Others?

I recall lying to my children... back when they were still pre-schoolers, telling them that the zucchini squash from the family garden had been grown by chipmunks. They ate it every time we served it! I once told my son... when he was maybe 2nd grade, that a certain food (I forget which) was actually toxic sludge and he cleaned it up.

People all have lines... call them, preferred lines, where you can go and tell them exactly what they want to hear and often get them to do whatever you want. Is this a sin? Yes, undoubtedly... but i think that you will be judged half & half... on action and intent.

Halfway to hell is a lot better than fighting off fire ants in July.

I'm going to counter most opinions on here and agree with you. If, by stretching the truth a little, it might awaken another to reconsider their own personally detrimental path, then go for it. As you wisely pointed out, action and intent each count for half and half.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join