It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
The truly sad thing is that if you do try to discuss almost any of the actual news topics of the day with most people, they get a glazed look in their eyes and either ignore you or change to subject to something more "interesting". It's almost as if they are afraid to really look out the window at what's going on around them for fear that it might disrupt their plans for the weekend. Remember, the main stream media is called that because the main stream of the western world get's their news from there so if it's not on there, then it's not real, right?

You are right on the money, there are 5%ers and 95% ers, and God forbid you should start a conversation regarding the Bilderburgers or Trilaterlists or New World Order or the possibility of UFOs they then look at you as if you have a carot growing right out of the top of your head, hahaha And regarding the Media I have been at several Events watching the action so to speak, and when you watch the news covering it, you think you must have been somewhere else as it is nothing like what really happened, and the average news reporter is usually an ego maniac that is more concerned with how HE/SHE looks than really getting the STORY

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

There is radiation in the sea life. In the food you eat from the ocean, that is a way to affect many people. This coming salmon catch should reveal a high radiation level - the salmon eat the fish that ate the fish that ate the fish, so they will have a higher level. The season begins soon-next month or June and ends in August. This is the catch we all need to keep up with the findings.
FYI-there was a high radiation level in seaweed near Alaska only three months after the eathquke.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I can help on explaining some of these.

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun

Just going through the stages of becoming brighter or going to send out a million mile wide solar flare. Good luck if your not a roast

#2 Fukushima

Quiet, yes. Only because they have no sense of justice or doing what is right. This is making them look like morally-deprived people. All the Japanese needs are cloud-busters, that can solve that problem.

#3 Mount Fuji In Japan About To Erupt?

A pressure valve ready to release? Never heard that one before.

#4 Stunning Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World

Just another way of connecting the Sun to the Earth's reaction. It's generating so much energy that the two large holes located at the North and South Pole isn't enough. Supporting the fact that the Earth is hollow and whoever is in the Earth must be really chillin and having a great time, while were working our butts off to live in this world.

#5 Global Food Prices Rising Again

Just another motion of starvation. And too keep people working their butts off with no break and make them have no time for self-reflection.

#6 U.S. Government Debt Downgraded Again

Are they literary inciting war with China? If so, count me out. Not going to kill for money or kill for the sake of living, they are already having a hard time over there.

#7 500 Million Dollars To Help The IRS Implement Obamacare

They just keep on getting more corrupt by the day. Obamacare should never be here due to the fact that if you don't have it, you get taxed for not having it. Lame in so many ways.

#8 Go To Jail If You Offend Someone On The Internet In Arizona?

Abolishment of the 1st rule in the Bill of Rights (Which is something that should never be touched and should only be looked at.)

#9 Passport Suspended For Not Paying Taxes?

Them having no trust whatsoever. As well, being the the greedy scumbag thieves they are, they just want money and keep up their income, A.K.A. US!

#10 Preparations For War In The Persian Gulf
#11 Mysterious Mass Deaths

Killing, and More killing is their plan to put the pop. down to 5 million or a controllable size.

#12 The Federal Reserve Monetizing U.S. Debt

#13 Giant Sinkholes
#14 Increase In Global Earthquakes
#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
#16 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools
#17 Strange Sounds In The Sky
#18 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks

Two theories, One the Earth is acting up or, Two, the government is really pissing the Earth off and is ready to explode and take all the real bad guys with it, plus along with us.

#19 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

Legalized stealing. They can have my stuff, when I'm dead.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I agree with everything you said Op. The talking heads would rather divert our attention towards fluff and gossip to keep people from asking questions about startling news that's been happening all around us in just this past year! Our media is being controlled behind the scenes. Any reporter that strays off the beaten path will probably have their jobs threatened or just let go.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have pretty much heard about everything you just mentioned within the past month on Fox News. Fox News seems to be the best Main Stream Media option at the moment, in my opinion, any how.

I like how the gentlemen said "war-weary". This generation doesn't know what war is. All these troops that come back from Iraq and Afghanistan think they are "battle" hardened. They are not.

They haven't fought an organized world power. You can call this crap with the Muslims skirmishes. It isn't war. Not once did i see an organized effort of over 20-30 terrorist try to take us on. It was always 5 or 10 of them.

No sir , we aren't war-weary. We haven't experienced war.

War with Iran will be a war, however.

An organized effort of 100,000 enemy soldiers who are supplied, disciplined, uses doctrines, and have technology that is on par with the United States -- you come out of that alive. You'll have seen war.

God forbid if the American public has to see a real war, they see a casualty list of 5000 - 10000 of their military men dead or wounded in a single battle the American public would panic and bow down to that nation.

Hell, we have lost 5000 - 10000 dead / wounded in 10 years, and they are whining about that.

We have killed over an estimated 300,000 thousand enemy personnel.

300,000 enemy killed to 10,000 coalition casualties (casualties are combat wounded, sickness, sprain angles, any of that sort). The US has only experienced around 1900 fatalities. And just under 3000 fatalities for the entire coalition.

Hell of a good trade-off.

icasualties.org...
edit on 11-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Anyone heard that there's a giant 'natural gas' leak, on the same par as the Gulf of Mexico BP spill, going on right now in the North sea, off the coast of Eastern Scotland? This time it's Total, France, not BP. The platform is called the 'Elgin'.

This has been going on for weeks.

All platforms in the area have been evacuated.
Difficulty, due to prevailing winds, for trouble-shooters to get in.
An escape flame (to burn off excess gas), has been kept alight atop the platform that, if the wind changes, the entire gas bubble could blow up and keep burning.....forever?
Efforts are being made now to cap the escaping gas, by drilling escape valves...just as in the BP fiasco.....all over again.
As again, it's costing millions of mullah to perform this rescue operation....(By that I mean, The Effort to Rescue Planet Earth from the Scourge of the Human Race).

In the meantime, there is a very dangerous gas cloud hovering over the North Sea and around all the other the platforms, threatening the East Coast of Scotland..

As I said: Is anybody aware of this?
Is this being reported on MSM?

Can I make this any clearer?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Yes, in the Netherlands it's been on the MSM. But i have to agree that i heard it first on ATS and not the MSM. ;-)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
well well...when i was a child...I have always be cautioned by my father about the news...and this is interesting to me as it is exactly what he had been saying all the time....He always said to me "you should always watch the news...not for what they are saying but for what they are not saying"

Well as time has gone on i have learned this to be sooo very true....If we think about it....what was the news in modern times really created for....It was and has always been used as a propaganda machine....It is the propaganda that has to be filtered through to get an understanding of what a true story is....news is always biased....it is always geared towards getting people on one side or another of a story...It is used for moral degradation of the masses...and we the masses who blindly follow are the ones who suffer for it.

Be well and always watch the news for what isn't being said.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It should be obvious to the critical thinker that the financial elite who own the media networks and who have connections with many other elitist agendas, will either fail to mention certain topics or substantially water down the news to make the outcome acceptable.

They call it the spin room. I actually get shocked everytime they mention ufos&aliens and the corruption of the federal reserve. Many times they can't talk about things because it is forbidden by the government under national security.

ATS is one of the greatest alternative sites, but that still does not mean everyone on ATS is correct and everyone on msm is wrong. It is best to use multiple sources as comparison and let your brain draw its own conclusions.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
Here's an article that infers Citibank is flummoxed by the drop in cable ratings over the past year. There are some interesting comments posted below the article.. People are getting tired of the same old propaganda and hype. More are turning to the net for news and programming. Apple TV and Netflix are becoming more popular as you can watch what you want with less commercials. No longer are we confined to mass media top down corporate broadcasting.

Citibank entertainment media analyst Jason B. Bazinet and his team wrote in a note to investors today that they are baffled by the audience ratings decline they're seeing in cable TV.

Citi downgraded CBS, Disney, Discovery, News Corp and Scripps from "Buy" to "Neutral" in the note after concluding that the ratings falloff was accompanied by a similar decline in the growth of ad dollars being spent on cable.

Citi left Time Warner and Viacom as "Buys."

Cable continues to grow revenues, up 8 percent (compound annual growth rate) since 2008, on Citi's numbers. That's more than the media sector as a whole, which only grew 2 percent.

Audience ratings, however, are in a tailspin:

Article

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Do your research he is right the author is right

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
this is soooo true! when i was working(unemployed at the moment) all the people at break would talk about would be msm news. i would bring to their attention alternative news,they would look at me like i had 2 heads!
they didn't even know what c.e.r.n. was!!!? thats because msm only gave it a 5 min. bit on the 6 o'clock news.(time for a bathroom break!) but they sat glued when watching the weather (like those clowns know whats going on!),or the sports. murder and deadly car wrecks are also an attention getter. god forbid the want to hear about haarp, or the russians are trying to play god by cloning a mammoth!
they use their computer for faceboo,twitter,or to play games,or to plan their vacation. why would they use it for useful information!!!

i know that in the bible it says 14400 will make it to heaven (just an analogy)
but looking at all the people i meet and come across,this number seems pausable!
(and no,i'm not christian)
i wish ATS could jam the internet and tv for just one day to force people to wake up!!!
just a dream,its all just a dream!

It's easy to dream when one witnesses the truth while living in a nightmare!
I know how you feel cause whenever I talk to friends or family members about whats really going on in the
world they always seem to change the subject! Whenever i tell them we need to prepare for the coming collapse
they tell me they don't care! Then i have my Moms telling me i have to prepare for my retirement when i am at least 30 years from retiring. Meanwhile I know there will be no SSI, pensions or 401ks by then. All there will be by then is either a world free from tyranny or one enslaved and dieing! God help us in these coming days for no
man lives by bread alone! Goodluck all....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

How many world wars are necessary and to prove what?

Of course american casualties are alwasy way lower than the adversary because we have technology that is 50 years better than the soviet and chineese model. It should be no suprise really........

Even fighting the germans and japaneese was something like 5 dead of them and 1 dead of us.

I think humans need to get together to safe guard our collective future on this planet. Sooner or later something big could happen and the more we fight each other due to petty differences in religion or customs the less time we have to do other much more important things.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starling
Anyone heard that there's a giant 'natural gas' leak, on the same par as the Gulf of Mexico BP spill, going on right now in the North sea, off the coast of Eastern Scotland? This time it's Total, France, not BP. The platform is called the 'Elgin'.

This has been going on for weeks.

All platforms in the area have been evacuated.
Difficulty, due to prevailing winds, for trouble-shooters to get in.
An escape flame (to burn off excess gas), has been kept alight atop the platform that, if the wind changes, the entire gas bubble could blow up and keep burning.....forever?
Efforts are being made now to cap the escaping gas, by drilling escape valves...just as in the BP fiasco.....all over again.
As again, it's costing millions of mullah to perform this rescue operation....(By that I mean, The Effort to Rescue Planet Earth from the Scourge of the Human Race).

In the meantime, there is a very dangerous gas cloud hovering over the North Sea and around all the other the platforms, threatening the East Coast of Scotland..

As I said: Is anybody aware of this?
Is this being reported on MSM?

Can I make this any clearer?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Starling because: (no reason given)

Yes, it's been on the UK news several times but at this stage it's nothing like what happened in the Gul of Mexico. If you are posting this in America then I always thought American MSM is very America focussed (rather like the list that started this OP) and tended not to give much attention to elsewhere in the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Never one to put much stock in what the mainstream media has to say, it can be more worrisome when you look at what they are NOT saying.

The following is a list of news stories that you just don't hear much about yet should. Some of these surprised me and I'm an ATS member for crying out loud. (That's not supposed to happen!)

Give it a read and please let me know your thoughts. (I will just post the points and use detail only when necessary. Please visit the link at the bottom of the post to get the full story.)

If the talking heads on television don't tell us about something that happens, does it make that event any less real? Of course the answer to that question is quite obvious, but unfortunately way too many Americans allow their realities to be defined by what they hear from the mainstream media.

Way too many people use phrases such as "if that was true I would have heard about it on television" to deflect conversations that are starting to become uncomfortable.

Critical thinking is a skill that is in short supply in America today, and most Americans seem content to let their televisions do their thinking for them. Sadly, the pretty people on television do not spend a lot of time talking about the things that are truly important. Instead, they love to talk about the latest celebrity scandal and they love to divide people into groups and get them fighting with one another.

So what are some of the things that the mainstream media has been ignoring?

The following are 19 things that the talking heads on television have been strangely silent about....

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun
#2 Fukushima
#3 Mount Fuji In Japan About To Erupt?
#4 Stunning Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World
#5 Global Food Prices Rising Again
#6 U.S. Government Debt Downgraded Again
#7 500 Million Dollars To Help The IRS Implement Obamacare
#8 Go To Jail If You Offend Someone On The Internet In Arizona?
#9 Passport Suspended For Not Paying Taxes?
#10 Preparations For War In The Persian Gulf
#11 Mysterious Mass Deaths
#12 The Federal Reserve Monetizing U.S. Debt
#13 Giant Sinkholes
#14 Increase In Global Earthquakes
#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
#16 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools
#17 Strange Sounds In The Sky
#18 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks
#19 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

Now most of this will not be news to a typical ATS member. Go down the list with an acquaintence on the other hand and see how well versed they are on these matters.

I really like the concluding thoughts from the story as well:

The world that we live in is becoming increasingly unstable.

The political order is being shaken, the financial world is being shaken, the social fabric of our society is being shaken and even the ground under our feet is being shaken.

Previous generations never had to deal with a world that was changing at blinding speed. The rate at which things are moving is almost unimaginable, and it just seems to keep accelerating with each passing year.

We are privileged to live during one of the most exciting times in human history, but it is also likely to be one of the most dangerous times in human history.

I'll be at work for a good amount of time, so any replies back will be somewhat slow, but I'd sure like to hear some thoughts on this.

Peace.

But you have to remember who their audience is - conservative, middle class, employed america and not interested in anything beyond a 5 mile radius from his/her home, unless it is the rubbish that is espoused at FoXnews.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Heres another:

The west flooding weapons into Syria through Turkey, the only news network reporting this is russia today, everyone else is earily silent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

if they are drilling it will be to reduce pressure from the original fracture area to alleviate said pressure. this will enable a mudfill or slurry to be injected and the other 'boreholes' relief valves will gradually be nipped up whilst observations and testing take place. hope it works. tis a pity they can't as of yet harness such a situation and have mobile power generating platforms to take advantage of what seems a useful energy source.

imo f.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 19

The MSM will report on, or not report on, whatever motivates their ratings, and whatever TPTB tell to. It was a cool post so S&F for you OP!
Naturally I organized them according to guidelines set forth by the conspiracy theorist center in my brain! lol

And while some of the topics are less objective and more subjective than others, at least until put to scientific research and study methods (the top row), I think you were on to something more insidious with the second row of numbers.

I'm always classifying MSM headlines in relevance to their agenda. For example, keeping in line with the government's/FEMA's plans for eventual marshal law and camps, they never report on positive firearm/handgun stories, do they? How a handgun may have prevented a rape, or robbery, or murder. They only report on negative stories in the news. This ensures an agenda when TPTB finally make their move to rescind the 2nd Ammendment. And we all know what happens after that.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Interestingly, almost all of this is covered on Faux News, as Lefties call it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I quit watching any kind of news on television because everyone thinks they area damn comediean nowadays and just the scripted banter/filler chat etc the reporters and anchors have between each other gets on my damn nerves. Its enough to make you want to yell STFU! and get on with it already, and when they finally do its about some celeb eith losing weight or gaining weight or sleeping with a racoon or something stupid like that.

Then some stories say a fire or murder, it goes like this. "Breaking News, we bring you ten minutes of watching emergency lights flash and were telling you we dont know WTF is giong on but we are going to continue filming a shut door and police lights and give you updates on these lights every 5 minutes.!"

If ATS only had an accurate weather system, probably wouldn`t have to watch the news at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join