It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Fukashima is stunning.

If nothing else is done to reactors 1-3 we are looking at a perpetual state of disaster unlike anything we have or have had. 1-3 are a mess and cannot be fixed, or even stabilized to any reasonable degree in our lifetimes - they don't even really know what is going on at the bottom. This is not even mentioning the endless toxic water and all the water that will be needed for the foreseeable future just to keep it a mess.

Reactor 4 is the big issue. This could wipe out humanity, a sword of Damacles hangs over the collective head of our populace and there is no mention of it at all. If the water runs dry, or out, or leaks, poof - the northern hemisphere is toxic and with it potable water is done for and food is useless toxic waste. No mention of either this issue or the fact that we have NOTHING in our arsenal to resolve the matter. It is shocking that this isn't the only thing being talked about, the oil spill, awful as it was, was not the magnitude of reactor 4 and every talking head led every broadcast with it.

This is a conspiracy site, so I'll take a step into that realm. I believe this is the global catastrophe people have be wondering about for some time. I believe the precarious set up in building 4 is "what if" people have talked about. If the storage pool were to collapse the event would be unique. Nothing anyone could do would change a thing: cops, hospitals, governments would be rendered useless as the silent, tasteless, orderless killer would be unstoppable. We'd look to anyone and anything for help, we be in the most desperate state imaginable, planet wide.We have experienced local (re: wars, floods, quakes etc.) but not global - this will test us all in some way, shape or form when it occurs.

I believe we will know the true nature of the plan by or through symbolic actions that will happen at the Olympics. For me, the two are tied together in some deeply ritualistic and symbolic way. If I am right, you will see, as of today, an increase is main stream attention being drawn to the Fukashima situation and more specifically reactor 4. WSJ already has an article, Maddow discussed this last week, this is the PR window right now, look for an increase following the PR model: 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

excellent post! these are the kinds of things people need to know about.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What can really be accomplished by talking about perpetual doom? It would just create panic and that's a big no-no.

If it's as bad as you say it is, there is not much to be said about it. What can be done? We can't possibly fix such a scenario, so its better people are kept in the dark and live the rest of their days in blissful ignorant than fear. Perhaps humanity will have to migrate into underground cities for decades if not centuries until the atmosphere is hospitable again.

I don't think that it will be that bad, though. We may lose an entire ocean and much oceanic life, as well as all of Japan and perhaps some the West Coast and so on, but I doubt one reactor could poison the entire earth. By the way, would it be possible to bury the reactor underground so as to prevent it from leaking into the ocean or polluting the air?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

no evidence of earthquakes on the rise???????? um ok. (guess u have yet to look at your local usgs.gov website
or better yet my android gets updates as i live 60miles from A COASTLINE so i see via cell phone since they have an app for just about everything, that OK has had numerous earthquakes recent i believe was a 3.3 but i guess thats nothing but the earth having a rumbly in its tumbly.

But i do agree that nobody wants to hear doom and gloom but nobody wants to be blinded by there own stupidity either. they just give candy coated news its what the brainwashed people want to hear...honestly to give an example if the us said they are banning all forms of FAST FOOD there would be nationwide panic......
leave it to the sheep.
edit on 10-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: spelling errors add opinion

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

21) Fast & Furious. Funny how this gun deal got swept under the rug, especially with election time around the corner. . . guess the press doesn't feel the need to report on this like they would if anybody else were in office.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The BBC... hahahaha

BBC = Blatently Biased Corporation.

They are the mother of propaganda.

They are the reason I dont own a TV.

Be sensible, throw your tv OUT.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You forgot one thing.

Ron Paul.

They don't cover him at all if he's doing something big. Like oh I dunno.. Talking to 10,000+ ppl at UC Berkly rally the other day. All they did was come up with an article saying, "Where is Ron Paul's campaign". Suggesting things have cooled down. LOL!

Dinosaur media. They'll be destroyed soon enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's an article that infers Citibank is flummoxed by the drop in cable ratings over the past year. There are some interesting comments posted below the article.. People are getting tired of the same old propaganda and hype. More are turning to the net for news and programming. Apple TV and Netflix are becoming more popular as you can watch what you want with less commercials. No longer are we confined to mass media top down corporate broadcasting.

Citibank entertainment media analyst Jason B. Bazinet and his team wrote in a note to investors today that they are baffled by the audience ratings decline they're seeing in cable TV.

Citi downgraded CBS, Disney, Discovery, News Corp and Scripps from "Buy" to "Neutral" in the note after concluding that the ratings falloff was accompanied by a similar decline in the growth of ad dollars being spent on cable.

Citi left Time Warner and Viacom as "Buys."

Cable continues to grow revenues, up 8 percent (compound annual growth rate) since 2008, on Citi's numbers. That's more than the media sector as a whole, which only grew 2 percent.

Audience ratings, however, are in a tailspin:

Article

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Interesting.

About the evacuation drills in schools: recently the company I work for has been told (by the company that owns the one I work for) that all employees must have a mandatory earthquake survival kit and evacuation plan. I live and work in LA, so earthquakes are no surprise here. The weird thing is that they have NEVER mentioned earthquake preparedness ever before, except for in the past few months. They have been adamant about it.

I can't help wonder if the people at our parent company (the top communications firm in the entire world) were given a warning by TPTB or something along those lines.

It's all very fishy to me.

Thanks for the post!

All the best,
OnewithAll

PS- We have done 3 evacuation drill already.
edit on 10-4-2012 by onewithall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

Earthquake drills for people working in buildings in LA doesn't seem odd, but essential. You are not living on an ocean liner that can ride the waves, you are living in LA where someday, at some time, a pretty big earthquake is going to knock things around a bit. Knowing what the escape routes are isn't a bad thing, imnho.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The truly sad thing is that if you do try to discuss almost any of the actual news topics of the day with most people, they get a glazed look in their eyes and either ignore you or change to subject to something more "interesting". It's almost as if they are afraid to really look out the window at what's going on around them for fear that it might disrupt their plans for the weekend. Remember, the main stream media is called that because the main stream of the western world get's their news from there so if it's not on there, then it's not real, right?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm still in High school and we haven't had a drill in like forever. Neither has any other high schools around here, so
I don't know what your talking about.

Nothing "strange" is happening on the sun. These things about the sun spring from the MSM, and everyone knows that. Then they get reported on ATS, and people say for the next year that the sun is acting "strange", when its
normal. Its just when you pay attention too much to something, your mind tends to make things up.

Same with earthquakes. Earthquakes happen all the time, but paying attention to one area ALL the time; you will obviously catch something.

Not sure about the other things the OP listed, but I'm pretty sure the MSM never talks about the FED, Fukushima,(at least not anymore) and sinkholes.

Also, those sounds in the skies are dying down lately. Pretty sure it was a hoax. Not saying its a fact, but eh.
Now that you mentioned them though, you may get a couple threads on ATS about them tomorrow. (They read your post and decided to make another "sound" video) But those are just thoughts, call me crazy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't like watching news, but the best news program we can get here in Australia is SBS World News Australia. But even then most of its news clips come from other news broadcasters around the world.

That and the Project, which is a funny light-hearted joking news show. Much better than the constant Death, Crisis, War, Death news on every other station. News is so depressing :<

I'm hoping that future generations just use the internet to get their news instead of the boring old box.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"dont look up, dont let them see me!
if they dont notice me and I hide they will go find some one else to!!!
oh god! dont let them see me."

" every thing is ok!"
"every day is the same."

(looks at the ground, not seeing what happens around them)
(they stay in thire own little world)
(the news is just fiction, just like the films and sit coms)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Almalexia

We have those shows in the uk, the shows that teach people to laugh at the news, very clever. Teach people to laugh when they should be outraged!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you ever wounderd what it was like for the people
when the SS and hitler slowly took over
and how and why the people did Nothing.

you are well in the start of it.
soon you will see the govement SS
start to take people away openly.
and you never see them again.

well you have a frount row seat.
will it be the muslims that are the new Jews?
that we all get to hate?

and if you speak up for the new jews,
You get taken away to.
so you best keep quiet!!!

All hail ! the Nazi are hear.
Come on join in. its great fun.
you Best join in or you will disappear.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi,

Good thread, thanks for posting.

What i find a shame in all this is that this information is readily available to who ever wants to know.

All our mainstream media, news and social sites are saturated with trivial things and entertainment. Of course the msm covers real issues sometimes, but like someone said those stories are always little 5 minute biased segments meant to sway their opinion.

This is very apparent when you are casually talking with people. Try to notice everyone's talking subjects, 99% of the time it will be the game, recent parties and good times, local news, weather and television/movies. Anything out of those general subjects will totally change the vibe. If you start talking about anything that even remotely resembles 'conspiracy' talk, people will automatically come out of their comfort zone and you've just lost them.

I can somewhat understand. When i was still 'sleeping', i had a friend of mine who was into the 9/11 theories, Chemtrails and the NWO shenanigans. When we would take a break from jamming we would smoke a few cigarettes and take about this stuff, well he talked about it and i listened. I have to admit my brainwashed self shrugged almost everything he had to say... I just didn't want to believe i guess. I didn't want to live in a world where those things could be happening.

Since then i've become much more open minded and somewhat wise to the media lies... (hey that's a good slogan: Be Wise to the Media Lies!) and all i can do now is try to get my friends and family to search alternative forms of news and to at least start to question things. Too many people take everything at face value! Bad Habit!

We just have to keep spreading the word in a calm manner with links/articles/studies to back it up.

Cheers~

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
deja vu...

when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was this one

12 Things the Mainstream Media is being strangely quiet about right now - ATS Link

Interesting that Fukushima still makes the list.

The original article - external link - was dated last July.

Quote (edited for content) for those who don't like to click

#1 the crisis at Fort Calhoun Nuclear Facility in Nebraska
#2 The U.S. is regularly bombing Yemen and parts of Pakistan (leading up to ww3?)
#3 Fukushima
#4 Members of congress continue to mention Christians as a threat to national security
#5 China's eastern province of Zhejiang has experienced the worst flooding it has seen in 55 years
#6 Trading gold and silver is going to be illegal
#7 Huge cracks are appearing all over the world for no reason
#8 Arizona is on fire
#9 There are reports that N. Korea has tested a "super EMP weapon"
#10 Active shooter drills are being conducted in public schools
#11 NASA has just launched a preparedness initiative for all NASA personnel
#12 (At the time) Over the past week, over 40 temporary "no fly zones" have been declared by the FAA, no one knows why.

My response to those based on prior ignorance (of some) and a quick googling for updates....

#1 apparently its been shut down and will reboot in the fall
#2 when are we not fighting with someone? seriously if I was a country and the U.S. was the last male country on earth, I would not date it.
#3 yeah Fukushima bothers me still - only cause they been caught telling half truths about the whole situation
#4 what? maybe its cause I'm not xtian but I never heard of this one - I googled - looked boring
#5 Everyone's having screwy weather. The entire United States just had one of the warmest March's on record. And I didn't even get a winter, unless you count the snow that fell in October (earliest significant snowfall in this area EVER) - along with the EARTHQUAKE - we never have earthquakes here..... but I surved the DC Quake! Woohooo!!! almost slept through it.
#6 Looks like a dead rumor.
#7 This one worries me to. This is the stuff that should worry us, the things that aren't under control by anyone but mother nature.
#8 lot of places were on fire - weird thing though - everyone was reporting when it was out of control, but no one bothered to report when it was under control - and I can't see any new fires presently, maybe I didn't google enough
#9 You can google for yourself - looks like the rumor mill was having a field day for about 3 months with this, then nothing.
#10 I don't like half the things they do in school, this is not at the top of the list.
#11 and the CDC followed it up with a zombie preparedness for the masses.... that doesn't mean the zombies are coming
#12 looks like this was true, but nothing came of it or was reported after June - not even by the rumor mill - so I'm guessing there was just something going on they didn't want any planes in the way and/or getting hurt

My point is - there are always a lot of things not being talked about - some are true - some are false - some we should definitely be talking about - they don't make money for the media though. So sad.

Now let me go read yours again
make a note - checked them in 9 months, see if they came to anything.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Forevever because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

"....While i agree with what you are saying, i think a lot of the things on your list are just not news worthy. Some of them are actually fantasy. For example, earthquake and volcanoes on the rise? there is no evidence to back up that claim. Mass animal deaths? the majority of them can be explained quite easily if you look into them on an individual basis rather than clumping it all together.. Huge sink holes? where are they exactly? Anyway i think you get the idea..."

I wish I would know who is paying you to post this.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'd star and flag, but I don't think a few things on that list is of concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join