It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Never one to put much stock in what the mainstream media has to say, it can be more worrisome when you look at what they are NOT saying.

The following is a list of news stories that you just don't hear much about yet should. Some of these surprised me and I'm an ATS member for crying out loud. (That's not supposed to happen!)

Give it a read and please let me know your thoughts. (I will just post the points and use detail only when necessary. Please visit the link at the bottom of the post to get the full story.)

If the talking heads on television don't tell us about something that happens, does it make that event any less real? Of course the answer to that question is quite obvious, but unfortunately way too many Americans allow their realities to be defined by what they hear from the mainstream media.

Way too many people use phrases such as "if that was true I would have heard about it on television" to deflect conversations that are starting to become uncomfortable.

Critical thinking is a skill that is in short supply in America today, and most Americans seem content to let their televisions do their thinking for them. Sadly, the pretty people on television do not spend a lot of time talking about the things that are truly important. Instead, they love to talk about the latest celebrity scandal and they love to divide people into groups and get them fighting with one another.

So what are some of the things that the mainstream media has been ignoring?

The following are 19 things that the talking heads on television have been strangely silent about....

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun
#2 Fukushima
#3 Mount Fuji In Japan About To Erupt?
#4 Stunning Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World
#5 Global Food Prices Rising Again
#6 U.S. Government Debt Downgraded Again
#7 500 Million Dollars To Help The IRS Implement Obamacare
#8 Go To Jail If You Offend Someone On The Internet In Arizona?
#9 Passport Suspended For Not Paying Taxes?
#10 Preparations For War In The Persian Gulf
#11 Mysterious Mass Deaths
#12 The Federal Reserve Monetizing U.S. Debt
#13 Giant Sinkholes
#14 Increase In Global Earthquakes
#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
#16 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools
#17 Strange Sounds In The Sky
#18 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks
#19 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

Now most of this will not be news to a typical ATS member. Go down the list with an acquaintence on the other hand and see how well versed they are on these matters.

I really like the concluding thoughts from the story as well:

The world that we live in is becoming increasingly unstable.

The political order is being shaken, the financial world is being shaken, the social fabric of our society is being shaken and even the ground under our feet is being shaken.

Previous generations never had to deal with a world that was changing at blinding speed. The rate at which things are moving is almost unimaginable, and it just seems to keep accelerating with each passing year.

We are privileged to live during one of the most exciting times in human history, but it is also likely to be one of the most dangerous times in human history.

I'll be at work for a good amount of time, so any replies back will be somewhat slow, but I'd sure like to hear some thoughts on this.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If it is any consolation, less and less people are watching the news so those talking heads are talking to empty seats more and more.

There was an ATS thread that pointed to a link that was just great

www.businessinsider.com...

And in it, my favorite part was:

Perhaps, if I may be so bold, this is what happens to you when you continue to report stories that no longer resemble -- even remotely -- what your own viewers see outside their windows and apartments.

CNN has barely covered the rapidly growing Occupy and Tea Party protests around the country, and as the clip from Current TV's Cenk Uygur below points out, CNN gave zero prime-time coverage to the NDAA's indefinite detention provisions, arguably one of the most devastating rollbacks of Americans' civil rights ever.

Perhaps viewers are sick and tired of the same half-assed recycled stories about Kim Kardashian, the same shiny Piers Morgan celebrity interviews, and perhaps a war weary public is also not so quick to slurp up CNN's incoherent Iran warmongering.

In another thread I had going on at another site (an audio site actually, strangely), we talked about what the other hand is doing while all these distractions like Trayvon are going on. And your list, though I don't agree with all of them, is on-point with most.

There is also a resurgence of the SOPA/PIPA stuff coming up, this time with a new name, but the same [stuff] all over again. That is getting ZERO coverage.
edit on 10-4-2012 by fourthmeal because: edited because I cussed.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

how about

the caesium and strontium are not affecting the explosion in wildlife in pripyat in any measurable way. still they want to turn it into a nuclear waste dump. seems like nature has awoken after the fertilisers and pesticides were stopped way back when the lid blew off.

f

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah these things puzzle me... I rarely watch MSM and encourage my family to do something other than let the propaganda sit idly in the background... It is frustrating that the news is so selective on what they deem "newsworthy", and it's obvious that they have an agenda when important topics like those are virtually nonexistent. I can blame the MSM all I want, but I definitely hold the American people responsible for their lack of interest/ lack of independent thinking on the world... I remember when I started thinking outside the box on everything I hear or see, and that was natural for me. I often wonder what goes thru the mass's minds when they aren't being busy...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

20. The National Debt Ceiling which will be reached once again on September 19, 2012

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
it's all part of the plan, treat the people like mushrooms until the time is right for whatever they have planned. in any case i'm sure whatever TPB have in mind, will not be good for anyone but them.

people want to feel good, get off on something so to speak and there are only two choices, those who get off on helping people and those who get off on screwing people, that's what we have in front of us. i am a little surprised at the number of celebrity's that seem to be in the "get off on screwing people" camp though.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
bbc world, much better than cnn. it does require a reasonable level of intelligence to understand.

i have yet to see a panel on bbc reporting and playing with whitehouse barbie.

i'm not saying it's the greatest, but at least they try to present serious matters in a serious way.

or mention facebook and twitter 27 times per segment.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
this is soooo true! when i was working(unemployed at the moment) all the people at break would talk about would be msm news. i would bring to their attention alternative news,they would look at me like i had 2 heads!
they didn't even know what c.e.r.n. was!!!? thats because msm only gave it a 5 min. bit on the 6 o'clock news.(time for a bathroom break!) but they sat glued when watching the weather (like those clowns know whats going on!),or the sports. murder and deadly car wrecks are also an attention getter. god forbid the want to hear about haarp, or the russians are trying to play god by cloning a mammoth!
they use their computer for faceboo,twitter,or to play games,or to plan their vacation. why would they use it for useful information!!!

i know that in the bible it says 14400 will make it to heaven (just an analogy)
but looking at all the people i meet and come across,this number seems pausable!
(and no,i'm not christian)
i wish ATS could jam the internet and tv for just one day to force people to wake up!!!
just a dream,its all just a dream!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While i agree with what you are saying, i think a lot of the things on your list are just not news worthy. Some of them are actually fantasy. For example, earthquake and volcanoes on the rise? there is no evidence to back up that claim. Mass animal deaths? the majority of them can be explained quite easily if you look into them on an individual basis rather than clumping it all together.. Huge sink holes? where are they exactly? Anyway i think you get the idea...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i wish ATS could jam the internet and tv for just one day to force people to wake up!!!
just a dream,its all just a dream!

oh no! the emergency services are already stretched to the limits. it could get horrible.

f
edit on 10-4-2012 by fakedirt because: forgot to dum dee dum

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After reading that list and knowing that people are not watching the BS on MSM in droves now. It makes me really think about something that was actually in the Bible...And I am in no way religious or even practice by the way.
It was "And the meek shall inherit the Earth" Now seeing all that is going wrong in the world and yet if you stop and really look at what is going on you get the sense that we the people ---the meek are starting to wake up. As this happens more and more...I believe that is exactly what will happen. The people of this world are going to take OUR world back from these greedy and yes EVIL people who have been in charge and ruling this planet for to long and subjugating the weak(us). Just my interpretation as to what seems to be going down in 2012.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

....Some of these surprised me and I'm an ATS member for crying out loud. (That's not supposed to happen!)
Overall, you will be much better off, once you come to terms with (and accept) the fact that being an ATS Member does not make you special in any way, shape, or form.

The false belief that seems to be shared by many, who act as if they are more knowledgeable because of this site, is actually just limiting their possibilities.

This↓ phrase from the OP, could easily be reworded, and flipped back around.

Critical thinking is a skill that is in short supply in America today, and [color=DED7AD]most Americans seem content to let their televisions do their thinking for them.
An example: [color=FAEFA5]Most ATS members seem content to let their website do their thinking for them.

Mainstream News Media sources, are just one of the many outlets.
ATS is another outlet. There are still many many more.

[color=ABFFCD]Regardless of what the source may be, if one truly wishes to become more knowledgeable, they should never limit themselves to only one source.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

....Some of these surprised me and I'm an ATS member for crying out loud. (That's not supposed to happen!)
Overall, you will be much better off, once you come to terms with (and accept) the fact that being an ATS Member does not make you special in any way, shape, or form.

Actually, the whole thing about being an ATS member and knowing everything that goes on in the world was a bit of a joke.

Still, you have to admit that your average ATS member would be much more likely to know about, say, the sun's activity then the average person who watches mainstream.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I also used to trust BBC more then most.

Until they reported WTC7 collapsing twenty minutes before it actually happened.

They kind of lost me then.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Check out some of the links from the original article.

There is some evidence, though debatable - but what isn't, to backup their claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It does seem like they are failing to report on those things which ..... lets face it ...... are way more interesting then hearing garbage about Zimmerman and Trayvon.

Here in Utah .....we are having our largest most coordinated earthquake drill on the 17th of this month.
UtahShakeOut

Seems like it's just a normal drill for kids and others .....to duck and get cover

BUT ...... sometimes big drills have a way of foreshadowing what the drill was for.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Actually, the whole thing about being an ATS member and knowing everything that goes on in the world was a bit of a joke.
That possibility had crossed my mind, but there are many who seem to truly feel that way. That's why I kinda tried to avoid using the Second-Person point of view.(for most of the post anyways)

Still, you have to admit that your average ATS member would be much more likely to know about, say, the sun's activity then the average person who watches mainstream.
  • Pardon me, your honor.... At this time, my client wishes to plead the 5th, and avoid providing a response regarding his own personal opinion about the intellect of the 'Average ATS Member'.

I just think that anyone/everyone (myself included) will be better off, by leaving themselves open to more possibilities, and by not limiting their sources. That, and also, I just hate categorization.

edit on 4/10/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
    link   
    They talk about this and people will wake up faster than if they had an alarm clock in thier ear. There would be riots and all sorts and those in charge would be strung up, litterally.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
    link   
    What i do know is Youtube is pulling a hell of a lot of movies that go against the offical tripe the MSM is pushing out just now and today i found 3 out of 4 Russia today movies had been blocked by youtube.

All of Russia Today was also taken of Youtube about 2 weeks ago for eight hours but i never did find out why.

Google, Twitter, Facebook , Youtube are all property of the elite and its bankers and we need to make plans to move away to hold on to any privacy or freedom of speech we still have left.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Master_007

i remember someone today mentioning telecomix.org i searched it out and gave it a quick look. it may be worth a peep.

regards fakedirt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join