It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Workers won the Maryland Mega Millions Jackpot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought it would be nice to have a nice story.

So after a hoax (sorry!) and a crazy woman saying she won, the real winners got their money.

I am so happy that people who really need it, won.

(CNN) -- They are public school employees who have been holding down multiple jobs. Now that they've won tens of millions of dollars in a historic lottery, they could stop. But instead, the self-declared "Three Amigos," who share a winning Mega Millions ticket, plan to keep their fortune a secret -- and keep working.

"If it can't be you, these are precisely the people that you would want to see win the lottery," said Stephen Martino, director of the Maryland Lottery, announcing Tuesday that the holders of the ticket purchased in Maryland had come forward.

cnn.com

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Good for them, especially for keeping their job, it keeps them grounded to reality and alot fo the time people loose that quickly.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah, they say they are going to keep it a secret and continue to work. We will see what happens after they have millions in the bank. Money does strange things to people. I can't imagine they will be able to keep it secret for to long. Family members will sniff that money out fast enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What are they? Idiots?

I'm all for working...but why do it for someone else when you have millions? Work for YOURSELF!
Frickin' morons....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

People don't become public servants for the money, most don't anyways. These people selfishlessly want to continue to do their calling and your calling them morons.

We discussed it and most of us would continue to work too.

Especially if it were only a few million, we would stay for the health insurance, if you get sick, the money will go quick.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

People don't become public servants for the money, most don't anyways. These people selfishlessly want to continue to do their calling and your calling them morons.

No, they are still idiots.

Even if they want to selfishly continue to do their calling, they could do so on their OWN terms vs. the state. They could open a private school for example. So yes, they are complete morons.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So if they don't abide by your personal mantra that success is only dictated by owning your own company, they are morons?

Kind of a narrow view isn't it?

Not all people think that owning your own business is a way to success.

Besides, they are only getting 33 million a piece, which is not nearly enough to open a school or maintain it.
edit on 11-4-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join