It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Racially motivated” beating of a 27-year-old man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Source

Police are investigating the “racially motivated” beating of a 27-year-old man who was walking home from midtown bars early Saturday when he said he was jumped by five to eight men who shouted “Trayvon” before the attack.

The victim told police that a vehicle was coming east on Southwest 32nd Place when it stopped at 23rd Terrace.

A group of men got out and told him he was walking too slowly, the victim told police.

They then yelled “Trayvon,” according to a GPD report, and proceeded to beat him.

It sure seems like tensions across the country are purposefully being stirred. I strongly feel this is an attempt to separate us racially. Another parallel motive is to demonize guns. How many news stories have you heard in the past couple months spotlighting the "evils" of ordinary citizens owning firearms? Seems like every day now.
edit on 4/10/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: added more context from article

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And you just had to start another thread among the hundreds of threads on this subject and couldn't comment in one of those? Really?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This is a separate story than those. If you don't like it, then do something to stem the tide of the racially motivated violence that seems to be creeping up in the U.S.

It's important that people keep track of this kind of thing. If racist attacks start getting out of control, then it's vital people are made aware of this fact so that they can take precautions.
edit on 10-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

link   
hya

3..2...1 Dusty Bin

link   

If you don't like it, don't click on it or respond to it. It is really just as easy as that. I am happy the OP started this thread because I had not heard of the story that he brought to our attention.

Is it really necessary to scold somebody because you feel like a topic has been discussed enough? Who are you? The topic police?

To the OP, yea, I feel like they are trying to divide us, look no further than your first reply for proof. One can't even bring a news article up for discussion on a forum without someone jumping down your throat.
edit on 10-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Gee, I'm sorry. Which threads are talking about the attack of a 27-year-old white male that just occurred in Gainesville Florida? The nice thing about this site is that you're not actually forced to read and comment on every single thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And you just had to start another thread among the hundreds of threads on this subject and couldn't comment in one of those? Really?

Why did you click on it? Obviously, you were interested...

geez

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
we know msm is doing its best have us all against each other,
but it seems that posts like this are doing the same thing to the members on ATS.
we are all aware of what is going on with this crap.
it seems every 4-5 posts are about this.
most of us are tired of it.
another member posted a warning that stated they would complain to the mods about this.
get ready to be removed!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Losers.

I'm sure there will be no outcry for justice here cause we all know racism only runs in one direction.

edit on 10-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: edited because I read the age wrong

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

removed

ehh, it was short lived
edit on 10-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I thought it said 78 year old man walking too slowly?oops guess I am dyslexic today. Well still I am sure there will be no outcry for justice here....nothing to see here folks. Move on. I read 72 instead of 27 dyslexic lol. Derp.
edit on 10-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hmm Trayvon dead, 5 shot 3 out of the five dead in Tulsa, and one beating hmmm yeah looks like he got the short end of the stick there. Real miscarriage of justice is right.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, OP. I do believe it is important to be aware of these types of incidents, because race relations is a barometer of how we are doing in this country. Obviously if people cannot walk the street without gangs of a different skin color attacking, we have a real problem which will only get worse.

As for the whiners who think that any story that concerns race must be removed by the mods, GROW UP. The thread was not race-baiting, it was a new story, and we deserve to know about it. If you don't want to read about such things, nobody is forcing you. There is a great deal of tiresome, whiny behavior on ATS of late. It's like junior high school all over again.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree cos if the MSM started the ball rolling , they are now out of the picture and the decent folks will have to deal with it. Bringing these development to the people can help them take precaution if they are travelling home at night alone whether by subway or buses. They'd be more attentive to their surroundings as well. The authorities should organise goodwill gatherings to diffuse the animosity building up. Whether the people admit to the reality of the situation or give a decent, socially responsible answer to the problem...its still very real and can happen to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks for shareing friend. This could be work of some black panthers or wanna be black power types or it could possibly be the media and government behind the scenes pulling puppet strings trying to cause friction within the people. The timeless "divide and conqer" method perhaps?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

dude seriously do you have nothing better to do than come into someone elses thread and complain? it's quite simple if you dont like something or think youve read enough on it then dont click on it. No need to come on someone elses thread and bash them for shareing news. personally this is the first I have heard of this story and if the OP hadnt posted it I may not have seen it since I am on the other side of the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
People are falling into the trap of believing something out of the ordinary is happening when it most likely isn't. How many crimes are reported every day across America? How many of those involve a white man and a black man? How many of those are treated as being racially motivated, and how many of them are even reported on the news?

I'll bring it up again, because I think it's relevant...

In the UK several years ago we had a witch hunt for dangerous dogs. Laws were passed on the basis of nothing more than the media reporting on every instance of certain breeds of dog attacking people. There hadn't been any increase or change, and there were other breeds of dog attacking people all the time too - but the story was about a certain couple of breeds.

It stirred some sort of public movement, and the government acted. It decided that a few breeds of dog were "more dangerous" and should be killed. We've now killed potentially millions of harmless animals based on nothing more than a with hunt created by the media desperate for a story. The idiot masses bought it.

You are being lied to, and you are buying it.

Don't swallow the pill.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The ignorance of some of the responses in here is unbelievable. I didn't know about this story which is why I clicked on it. IT really does seem as though racist stories are only news worthy in one direction. You people should be ashamed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I don't have a lot to add unfortunately other than this is absolutely disgusting. Why should any person fear walking down the street because of the colour of their skin? That goes for all races. At the end of the day the blood that comes out of any wound is always red.

top topics

join