It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the USA is a police state, what does that make North Korea?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think I would call North Korea a Military dictatorship. That's a step up from a police state.

Us Americans are NOT used to being walked on, I guess we need to catch up with the rest of you... haha...

How should we best get used to what you guys think is pretty normal? Any tips?

I don't think the words Police State are clearly defined. We have police that police the state. It IS literally a Police state. As far as what people mean by the terms when they say it? I don't think we are there yet.

Thing is it could come ANY MOMENT now. They have all the pieces set up. One dirty bomb and we lose everything, and can never get it back. This is what people are most probably referring too. We can feel our backs against the wall. We aren't falling yet, but there's the cliff..

If I lose to much to where it's not worth it, I can't say my emotional state won't be
"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!"
edit on 4/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Damn I didn't know Ron Paul was an "ATS law scholar."

No, Ron Paul is just a crazy old man who has accomplished nothing in his political career and who believes in centuries old philosophy.

But go ahead...listen to the man that has done nothing and lives in the past.

What about this guy?

JUDGE Napolitano IS a law scholar, and he states that the President is "dangerously close" to totalitarianism. He has shown that he can rule by decree when he ordered that Anwar al-Awlaki be killed, without ever being charged with a crime in ANY court (except that prostitution charge in Las Vegas, but hey... It's Vegas.)

What about his rights? He was a scumbag to be sure, but he was still an American citizen, and in the United States, people are supposed to be put on trial before they are executed.

It starts small, by granting yourself the power through Executive Order and legislation like the NDAA. Just because they haven't used the power yet doesn't mean they won't. But then again, I think al-Awlaki was a test case to get people used to the idea. The next time Obama murders an American citizen, it could be anyone.

Even the ACLU says Obama has appointed himself, "Judge, Jury, and Executioner."

So there's some more lawyers for ya that state you are absolutely wrong. Obama is a dictator. Period.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

"you think I'm joking?"

No, I'm not laughing!

HERE:

Hey, Old Corp. That video was pretty awesome. You asked questions and waited for answers. I forget what it's called... It's like there's a camera guy, and you film it?? It's like one of the ways you are supposed to learn things... It's not coming to me. It contains information in it... hmm?

Oh right it's a NEWS Interview... Sorry I'm not used to those anymore.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by OldCorp

HERE:

Hey, Old Corp. That video was pretty awesome. You asked questions and waited for answers. I forget what it's called... It's like there's a camera guy, and you film it?? It's like one of the ways you are supposed to learn things... It's not coming to me. It contains information in it... hmm?

Oh right it's a NEWS Interview... Sorry I'm not used to those anymore.

Thanks man.

BTW, the Wordofmouth video was righteous.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The biggest difference between the US and North Korea your not eating other people because of Government control.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
we are this way because of wal mart. get used to it. North Korea had wal-marts first called Hueng-guo that supplied all chinese products to their citizens, think im making it up? because i am.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The USA may actually have things better than most other Western countries. For example. Britain has cameras on every bloody street. Australia has guns taken away, and has had all the newly imposed US laws for 10-20 years now (e.g. indefinite detention without trial/lawyer etc). I have no idea why Americans complain. Hell, i don't complain about Australia, it's a great place to live even with these more restrictive laws than the USA, yet Americans whinge. I don't get it.

About NK though. Yeah, it appear pretty horrible over there. China, i feel is also in the same boat as NK.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well, people from the USA, like me, are used to actual Freedom.

Don't try and compare us to anything with less freedom.

You say "See look what we are like and we are happy."
I say "look we are not happy and we want our country back."
Americans not being satisfied is the exact reason why we have a good life here. You are fine with yours, ok fine. We are not. We have different standards.

America is NOT Australia, OR Britain. Remember history? We were the ones who rebelled. It's kind of WHY we are a country, because we don't like how you guys do things. We fought for freedom, and why would we have to do that? You will wish their was the American spirit in your home town when NWO rolls in. You guys have no idea how bad the world will get if the US isn't free.

Us "fat and weak"(read here: [Don't believe propaganda about Americans and believe it], they are trying to make you guys think we have it easy and never did anything to get it that way.) Americans are all that stand in their way. Have fun defending indefinite detention, but in America we will leave that to the afterlife. How can man say what other man should do? How can we KNOW?

I answer to NO man.

God... Maybe that picture Box in the corner was right.

THEY Do Hate Us For Our Freedoms!

edit on 4/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Firstly, before the flames I will admit that things are beginning to reach a level of ridiculousness in the US, BUT there are an awful lot of countries out there that make the USA look great in comparison.

why did you bash me in another thread when I made this point?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Personally, I believe the US is a police state in transition towards fascism, just like Canada except we are bit further along. The real difference is that whether you have your guns or not, when the ability to communicate gets turned off, small packets of government opposition can be picked off at will.

The only difference between NK and the US is NK is more honest about their agenda.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/11.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Firstly, before the flames I will admit that things are beginning to reach a level of ridiculousness in the US, BUT there are an awful lot of countries out there that make the USA look great in comparison.

Reckon you got it bad because you had to get patted down at the game? Yeah, it sucks but at least you can have a whine about it to your friends online and be left alone.

I mean hell, are you forced to grieve when a head of state dies? Have you been forced to hand over your semi automatic gun because the government said so? Do you get persecuted by the government for speaking your mind? For being gay? For having a different religion?

You don't know how easy you have it, hell I probably don't know how easy I have it and my government does not recognize free speech and has taken our guns off of us.

So...hands up who want to go live In North Korea or Zimbabwe or some other oppressed third world county...

No one.....?

I mean hell, are you forced to grieve when a head of state dies?

No...but we are accused of being "unpatriotic", "unamerican", and "traitors" for not blindly supporting the bombing of innocent civilians in the Middle East. It's not quite the same...but hell, I would have rather gotten a day off work when Nixon died than have my country become rife with endemic zenophobia at a cost of 10 years 1.5 trillion dollars pissed away for the benefit of oil companies.

Have you been forced to hand over your semi automatic gun because the government said so?

Nope. Phase 1: Brainwashing isn't quite completed yet. It's coming, though...and probably in a way which we do not anticipate. Maybe a disease outbreak and mandatory "quarantine" for certain populations? I bet when you go to check in there will be a "no firearms allowed" policy.

Do you get persecuted by the government for speaking your mind?

Yes. Were you living in-country last year when all of those peaceful protestors in peaceful assembly were attacked by domestic terrorists we call "police officers" using chemical weapons banned by UN Treaty even during open warfare between foreign nations? Just curious.

For being gay?

Yes. Sexual orientation is not a protected class in the United States and it is perfectly lawful to engage in discrimination solely upon the basis of sexual preferences.

For having a different religion?

Yes. Our government routinely does not afford due process to individuals of faiths outside of the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Remember...Zimbabwe and N. Korea didn't become the police states that they are today overnight. It takes practice. Have some patience...the U.S. is new to this whole police state thing. Rest assured that once we get the hang of this thing it will be more brutal, oppressive, and deadlier than any police state that has ever come before it.

Just give it some time...we're #1, remember?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The difference is that North Korea is honest about it.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

why did you bash me in another thread when I made this point?

I love the "Yeah...but we aren't as bad as __________" argument. We went from chanting "USA #1" to thinking that we are still doing pretty good if we are better than North Korea, Zimbabwe, and the Sudan in regards to human rights and living conditions inside a span of around 25 years.

That's like Mike Tyson bragging that he KO'd Stephen Hawking or Usain Bolt talking sh^t because he beat Michael J. Fox in the 100 yard dash.

Land of the Free...Home of the Brave.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I remember trying to tell my grandmother about how bad I thought this country is...She immigrated here from Germany when it was in a real police state. Needless to say she set me straight. Sure we have a lot of issues and the current situation will eventually come to a head but it is not as bad as it could be yet. I can still name my kids what I please....this point can be argued but the name has to be SUPER ridiculous to gain attention in this country. You still get more than a small list to choose from.

This old Donald duck cartoon does a good job of showing what my grandma tried to describe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join