It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the USA is a police state, what does that make North Korea?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Firstly, before the flames I will admit that things are beginning to reach a level of ridiculousness in the US, BUT there are an awful lot of countries out there that make the USA look great in comparison.

Reckon you got it bad because you had to get patted down at the game? Yeah, it sucks but at least you can have a whine about it to your friends online and be left alone.

I mean hell, are you forced to grieve when a head of state dies? Have you been forced to hand over your semi automatic gun because the government said so? Do you get persecuted by the government for speaking your mind? For being gay? For having a different religion?

You don't know how easy you have it, hell I probably don't know how easy I have it and my government does not recognize free speech and has taken our guns off of us.

So...hands up who want to go live In North Korea or Zimbabwe or some other oppressed third world county...

No one.....?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So easy a fifth grader could give a rebuttle to this.

North Korea is a Authoritarian State, paid for by not one, not two, nope three huge economic packages in which the U.S. gave them

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"We still have it better than other countries, so don't complain about the freedoms your government is stripping away."

That's how I see the argument that you're making

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
North Korea is a giant correctional facility...

In America, you may be arrested for just about anything...

..In North Korea, you've already been arrested, convicted and jailed indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
the US is the model of oppression that North Korea aspires to
Only difference is
in North Korea they know it.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I believe the correct answer is alkatraz...... Or maybe "azkaban"....

Either way, NK sucks!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A broken toe is much less severe than a broken pelvic bone, but they're both still a case of broken bones.

I think that's my best explanation. They're just two different severities along the same general continuum.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We live in such a police state here in the USA...I was just arrested...um...never. And when I wanted to do something...well...yeah I just went ahead and did it. BUT...you know they won't let us protest...look at OWS...they could only protest ALL DAY...this evil police state won't let them construct a tent city though...arrggg...POLICE STATE.

Hmm...I guess we aren't a very good police state.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
North Korea:

com·mu·nism
   [kom-yuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

( often initial capital letter ) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

( initial capital letter ) the principles and practices of the Communist party.

communalism.

Therefore, everybody gets what they expect there is no guessing it's outright in the open and blatant.
Dictionary Definition of Communism
America:
Communism under the Guise of having freedoms, or maybe authoritarian under the guise of having freedoms that are slowly being chipped away at. How long before those freedoms are completely removed and it's done by the people we so ignorantly placed in office is anybody's guess...but they will still continue to blow smoke up our ass and say we do have freedom to make us appear to be the "greatest country in the world" The US is a joke...with a bad punchline.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If the USA is a police state, what does that make North Korea?,

A police state.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Don't complain about the rights and freedoms you are losing daily....at least you are not North Korea.......yet"

What a wonderful way to rationalize it.

edit on 10-4-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

That's not really a rebuttal...

That huge amount as you called was $1.3 Billion between 1995 and 2008, 50% of which was food.

And since 2009, it's been virtually nothing.

www.fas.org...

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
We live in such a police state here in the USA...I was just arrested...um...never. And when I wanted to do something...well...yeah I just went ahead and did it. BUT...you know they won't let us protest...look at OWS...they could only protest ALL DAY...this evil police state won't let them construct a tent city though...arrggg...POLICE STATE.

LMAO @ the guy who still thinks this is a "free country".

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I remember seeing a doco about Cuba when I was a teenager. The doco was by no means pro-Cuba but the thing that stood out to me was that everyone was the same with the same opportunities. All the children had access to the same level of schooling,I saw olympic atheletes that lived in the same kind of houses as everyone else. I thought it looked fantastic. I still do. Cuba has been broken by the Imperialists to a large extent now but Castro is awesome.

And everyone goes on about China but most Chinese support the government. I have talked to Chinese uni students that are not stupid. I think that societies that are not capitalists produce people with a greater sense of community. I think the biggest problem that all these places like North Korea have is that they are trying to exist in an Imperial Empire that is working against them.

I hate living in the Imperial Empire not because of the Police State that you seem to think its fine because it could be worse. I hate living in the Imperial Empire because we are a bunch a greedy gluttonous selfish egocentric pigs.

I only hope that the BRIC's can continue to pull ahead and that they are less demonic Imperialists than America and friends.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
"Don't complain about the rights and freedoms you are losing daily....at least you are not North Korea.......yet"

What a wonderful way to rationalize it.

edit on 10-4-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

Exactly! My point exactly.

And the worse is we get to vote in our oppressors, doesn't make them any less oppressive.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In America you get arrested for committing criminal acts.

In North Korea you get arrested for being born there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Who's the bigger fool...the guy that thinks this is a free country because...well...it is. Or the guy who thinks we live in an oppressive police state and continues to live here???

Do I even have to mention the fact that you are free to criticize this "police state" and you haven't been arrested yet?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In the USA you can acknowledge that it may be a police state.

The same comment made in North Korea against the Leader or government gets you sent to a work camp. Be sure to kiss the kids goodbye.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Who's the bigger fool...the guy that thinks this is a free country because...well...it is. Or the guy who thinks we live in an oppressive police state and continues to live here???

Do I even have to mention the fact that you are free to criticize this "police state" and you haven't been arrested yet?

I'm sorry that I'm a fool because I can't afford to leave the country........

And you forgot the part about if I over criticize then I become a threat, and according to LAW can be arrested, without DUE PROCESS, even though I was BORN HERE...

Whatever floats your boat though...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I'm sorry that I'm a fool because I can't afford to leave the country........

And you forgot the part about if I over criticize then I become a threat, and according to LAW can be arrested, without DUE PROCESS, even though I was BORN HERE...

Whatever floats your boat though...

Really...you honestly believe that???

It's true...you aren't free...your paranoia and fear is enslaving you.

Sounds like you are full of excuses...but since you can't afford to leave the country right now...I must assume that you are doing everything in your power to save up that money to get out of this horrible police state....right??? When do you think you will be able to make your exodus...since this place is so horrible...I would think it is ASAP...right??? You do have a plan...don't you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join