It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison officer bashes inmate after being spat on

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
oh and the bleeding hearts come out of course

he spat on the man. He deserved to be beat up. It is that simple.

It's not a matter of bleeding hearts, although I know simplifying it to this extreme makes it easier for those who lack wisdom and intelligence to understand.

This is a matter of precedent. You people seem to fail to realize that when we start allowing this all hell breaks loose. If you are a prison guard and need to defend yourself, then yes, by all means use as much force is necessary. Getting a little wet is not justification for an old fashioned beat down.

It's not that I see a guy getting hit and feel bad for him, it's that I can see the long term consequences of this behavior if it's not dealt with immediately. I'm sorry that you cannot see this.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

reply to post by nixie_nox

I agree with you both and as stated I also would have beaten his ass, but from my experience and perspective, They are real scum (at least the majority) and that's coming from someone who knows how to act properly in according situations..

For starters, spitting or throwing of any bodily fluids, is a felony charge and they face 7 years in prison,(in NY). problem is as with anyone, eventually your job just becomes repetition and it's just a reaction and movement. So a majority of the times they just assume they're dealing with scum and treat everyone as such.

This guy though, I also would have whooped, but they're supposed to be held to a higher standard, are they not??? Well if so, they need to obviously act in such a manner becoming. they're excuse is they're only human, and that's why they should be treated as such. Humans in power ar vile creatures who abuse it and others.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I see what you are saying and think you make some valid points.

However, you should remember that it works both ways. If the officer did not discipline the prisoner then it sends the message that the prisoner's actions are acceptable. If that becomes the case, where do we draw the line? What will prisoners be allowed to get away with before we say "ok that is too far, that warrants action from the guard?"
edit on 13/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

There are mechanism in place to deal with exactly this type of assault.

1: Place the prisoner in solitary confinement.

2: Bring charges against the prisoner.

I could even see being a little rough with the prisoner but this was a beat down.

Again, we're not a country that dispenses reactionary justice.. Or at least, we're not supposed to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join