It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip K. Dick on Reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by Runciter33

I also didn't know anything about him and really appreciated the other info you included in your post!
I am a fan of Jung and live in France, so enjoyed these particular facts....

edit on 5-7-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

Your very welcome, yes i've heard him express his love of France in a few different places, and Guy Flaubert was the french author that wrote his favorite novel. ('Madame Bovary') Big fan of Jung as well myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I just started reading my first PKD book.

I'm currently on chapter 11 in the novel VALIS and MY MIND IS BLOWN. I am not a quick reader as I navigate books like mollasses in honey. I stop to ponder and marinate on a few paragraphs or chapters of the book I choose to read (I am very selective with what I spend my time on). I slow cook books like a BBQ'er has to slow cook brisket for optimal flavor and taste.

I get the feeling that PKD was on that edge. The REAL edge. He produced tons of work from an area that exists thats the closest any original artist can get without falling over. An area where the likes of Sid Barrett and many others have gone into without coming back out.

I am a visual artist. I conduct research in my studio. My immediate current investigation so far has carried from Ready Player One by Ernest Cline to PKD which carried me to the king of bohemia and the alchemists. I started reading PKD after I heard the story of the Black Knight satellite. I guess you could say I've stop trying to directly look for answers and started directly looking for more questions.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join