It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism an engineered distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
After reading several threads on here and other forums over the last few weeks and certainly noticing how much " Media " time racism has got in the U.k this year which has included International Sport stars involved in court case's for alleged racist comments.....

I can't help but think this is a generated problem thats creeping back into society, distracting people from the occupy movements etc, now many people may think that the movements where nothing but a few people meeting together, but i think this will of been duly noted by TPTB so they bring racism forward to divide the people that could of been uniting

For me only in the last two weeks I seen how controlled and manipulated the whole English nation is when as a whole they was all led to the petrol stations and que'd for hours to fill there car to the brim because the news said so, so i think Racial problems could easily and secretly be generated and like puppets we all are led on the merry dance they want us to.......

Thoughts....?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I agree. I was just reading about some young guy that was sent to jail because he posted racist tweets about a black soccer player that collapsed during a game. I cant believe that you can be sent to jail for posting something on the internet while drunk. Its insane. People are hysterical about racism and it snowballs because everyone gets too scared to discuss things. So the pc-nazi's end up winning more and more power.

I dont think there is enough racism to be honest. And I think that some 'racists' are quite courageous.

If you want to make a joke about a black soccer player that you dont know from your own house on the internet while drunk I say great. Why should you have to go to jail?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

you think racist's are " courageous "............ especially ones that do it from there own home on the guys own public page about someone who clinically died for 87 mins with no thought about that other person's family friends

What is " courageous " about that then........... ?

please explain

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

you think racist's are " courageous "............ especially ones that do it from there own home on the guys own public page about someone who clinically died for 87 mins with no thought about that other person's family friends

What is " courageous " about that then........... ?

please explain

I didnt say the kid was courageous. He obviously had no idea that he could go to jail for making a joke. I see him a victim. I said "some racists". But what does this guy owe to the player or his family and friends? Nothing. He has no obligation to feel sympathy for them. He doesnt even know them. So if he thinks its funny that some soccer player that he doesnt like just died then big deal. Is he the devil because he made a joke? I would like to live in a world where you can make jokes about whatever you want. Its a joke. If people want to see this poor guy go to jail because of a joke then the world has gone mad. You pc-nazi's are hysterical.

But as far a courage goes I speak of nationalists that are labelled 'racist' and also the people that dare to question things like 'Affirmative Action'. Anyone that tries to debate racial issues that holds an unpopular opinion has alot of courage if you ask me. Especially when we have come to the point where we cant make a harmless joke on the internet from our own homes while drinking some beer.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would have to agree that Racism is an engineered distraction. TPTB know it is a sensitive issue that will successfully divide people and turn them against their fellow man. Racism is a topic that can be easily exploited by the media for propaganda purposes and this has been very apparent over the last few years.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well it's complicated. As a child i grew up in a completely white school and there was one black kid. Everyone picked on him. And i joined in to meld with the crowd much to my regret.

As you grow older you realize (hopefully) that we're all the same. Working for the man, ad naseuam. We're all slaves to central banks and the media plays us off each other. They say we're all divided. It's nonsense. If only we'd realize as a collective consciousness that we're all in it together against a malevolent force we'd succeed. But there are too many bottom feeders that believe the propaganda. And we fight needlessly.

We're not diverse. We're all the same. We're human. We need to unify.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

So a guy racially offends someone with a personal attack in full view of the world, he knows the law in the land he is in and he faces the consequences which in this case was a short jail sentence very short he'll be out in less than a week

I can't really fathom how he is a victim here........

We all know the law weather we agree with them or not if we don't obide we face the consequence

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

I think you are correct that much of the racism we see these days is "sponsored" hatred.

It is bigotry driven and used like a wedge and ignorance fostered, encouraged, ratcheted up and fueled by one or another groups for the purposes of keeping people (who may actually have a great deal in common) from joining forces.

Why not?

It is so easy to do.

This is the best way to keep "the people" from joining forces and going on the attack toward the actual. legitimate source of their very real need, frustration and want.

edit on 10-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Exactly why is it so easy to do and why can people not actually see we are the same regardless of where your born or the tone of your skin

Why as people are we so easily manipulated and led in any direction they want..........

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
hi op

ive been saying this for years
our wonderful governments creates a massive influx of migrants
racial tention rises
we fight amongst one another whilst
our guvs sit back laughing at us
because they are getting away with murder under our very noses
we cant fight the guv until
we put aside our differences and join forces
There is no such thing as racism, its a guv ploy

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You have a great career ahead of you in stand up.

I have noticed that within races and in fact within all sets of groups there are your decent people who treat others how they would like to be treated and their are frankly butt holes. Radical upstarts who want to cause trouble among the groups instigating violence toward one another. Freedom of speech makes it impossible to arrest anyone for saying something hateful against a person of another race so I am guessing your internet friend did something a bit more inflammatory to get himself arrested.

Speaking of generalities among types of people, seems to be a big issue...
I would not want to be the one who comes and takes away your beer.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Oh there is such a thing as racism i personally just don't understand it, i think the next thing we are going to hear is that intergration did not work and that we should all stick to our " own " which is something i have read on several threads too

we are all sticking to our own aren't where all human

well apart from the alleged reptiles............

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I partially agree. I think the person who posted those tweets was an idiot but prison? That's a mockery of the law and the judge who sentenced him is an incompetent piece of crap. He is not worthy of his position. He has condemned someone to be locked up with rapists and murderers just because he posted a stupid tweet.

This society is a joke. People care more about some random footballer who they don't even know personally, over their family friends and neighbours. All this idol worship has got way out of hand. Sure it was sad it happened to a man so young but deal with it. People get sick or die young every day, where's all the attention for them?

The fact is that there are many people walking the streets having said and done far, far worse, rapists, murderers and pedophiles walking around who have got off because they played the system, violent criminals who get community service after hospitalising someone who they robbed, and worst of all, the liars, thieves and murderers who are at the top of the tree, destroying the lives of the vulnerable so they and their rich cohorts can get richer.

Racism does exist and always has done, people have always been afraid of what is different. This is why the government use racism as a control tactic, because it works. Anything that causes fear will be effective. They have got the people in this country into a state of fear of being racist, and its one of the reasons this country is failing. For example employing people based on race rather than competence.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

So a guy racially offends someone with a personal attack in full view of the world, he knows the law in the land he is in and he faces the consequences which in this case was a short jail sentence very short he'll be out in less than a week

I can't really fathom how he is a victim here........

We all know the law weather we agree with them or not if we don't obide we face the consequence

this "law" seems to have crept in quite recently though- we definitely need such laws repealed, no doubt the "right wing" tories/cameron (ha bloody ha) will do so, some chance, part of the same stifling "liberal"/left elite.

What the dude posted was crass and stupid, but not worthy of a jail sentence in a free country
edit on 10-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

great post

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I agree with all of that.

I think that context is the thing. Like you say,the guy with the tweet is an idiot but all he is guilty of is being an insensitive jerk. Yet people who are so outraged by his racism will hear of far worse crimes and pay no attention. Its easy to bang on like some lobotomized parrot,repeating the 'right thing to say' but its alot harder to actually discuss racism like you and I are attempting to do. By discussing racism we help to give it proper context.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

so where do we draw the line then, I only ask because someone i know was racially abused for years at school at work and when he finally flipped he received a jail sentence himself because he attacked someone in the heat of the moment

now this person had never been in trouble before was not a violent person by any stretch of the imagination, now if he hadn't been verbally abused this wouldn't of happened so i ask

is verbally abusing, verbally attacking someone the same as a physical attack.......?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

I think that the guy just needs to deal with it in a less passive aggressive way. Lots of people get crap for alot of different reasons. But I see what you are saying. Im glad your friend stood up for himself. Im sad to hear that he was sent to jail for doing so. I also understand that not everyone is strong enough to stand up for themselves. I was being a little silly saying the"there isnt enough racism" and I dont dont like it. I just find the outrage to be all out f proportion.

new topics

top topics

join