It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dental X Rays linked to brain tumours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Frequent dental X-rays may significantly increase the risk of non-malignant brain tumours, say researchers. Over a lifetime, having dental X-rays can double or triple the chances of developing meningioma tumours, a study has found. The tumours grow in the outer membrane covering the brain. In one case, involving X-rays on children, a five-fold increase in risk was see

I am sure many of us has had a dental X Ray done at one point in our lives. This is not good news.

The tumour patients were consistently more likely to have been exposed to dental X-rays. One of the most common procedures is the "bitewing" X-ray which uses an X-ray film clenched between the teeth in a tab of plastic or cardboard. Bitewing X-rays check for decay between the teeth and can also expose bone loss caused by severe gum disease.
Over a lifetime, patients with meningioma were between 1.4 and 1.9 times more likely than controls to have undergone bitewing X-rays on a yearly or more frequent basis.

When I first read this story, I thought it might be similar to the old "cellphones causes brain tumour" idea. However, the study seems to be rather professional, and done to the highest standard.

It must be said though, that the chances of getting a brain tumour at all is rather small. Most of the times, they are also benign.

It is just another case, of how modern medicine and technology, seem to have an adverse effect on us as humans.

Article

vvv

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
No it's okay man because when you get the brain tumor they can cure it by blasting you with radiation! Oh wait.... erm well I guess that won't work then!

I think I should link my other thread here about Dr Burzynski's work... Incredible Cancer Documentary hope you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

They don't use radiotherapy on benign tumours. surgery is an option if the tumour is accessible . But until the tumour turns malignant, they will not use chemo or radiotherapy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
As if i would not already hate going to the dentist enough... Now this news of increased tumor risk, great.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by mee30

They don't use radiotherapy on benign tumours. surgery is an option if the tumour is accessible . But until the tumour turns malignant, they will not use chemo or radiotherapy.

I didn't say they do, did I? Are you suggesting these tumors can not turn malignant? The point was that the radiation is CAUSING tumors, yet they 'cure' tumors with radiation! How can that be? I have seen you comment in my thread regarding Dr Burzynski, so I know that you have had cancer, and that you were treated with radiotherapy etc. It unfortunately came back didn't it? And when they come back they tend to come back with a vengeance, wouldn't you say?

So I just don't think that is the 'cure' we are lead to believe it is, that is all...

Btw I'm sorry to hear about your condition, it must be tough. All I can say is that if it were me I would explore every avenue way before I would go down the mainstream route. There are other alternative that don't kill you or make you sick simply by the 'treatment'. Have you explored garson therapy? I can't vouch for it, but it is maybe something you could look into?

All the very best of luck.
edit on 10-4-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

unfortunately by the time I was diagnosed, the tumour was so large that only surgery could have saved my life. Once your in that situation, you pretty much hand over your life to the surgeons and doctors. I didn't really have the time to explore alternative therapies, although I have had a few but in conjunction with the traditional route. Having been involved with Brain tumors for a while now, I have seen people shun the traditional medical route and seen the results, which have never been good and I have also seen people who have not responded to radio and chemotherapy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Not just brain tumors, but thyroid cancer as well.

Multiple dental X-Rays raise risk of thyroid cancer

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Awesome......

just what i needed to read after having 3 dental xrays in the past 5mths.

new topics

top topics

join