It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most awesome Rube Goldberg Machine ever!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

This is just really cool, the amount of work and engineering that went into it is awesome.

I remember back in the day there was a game I use to play on the pc, where you had to make these type of elaborate things to get a ball down to the bottom.

Just an awesome video. Enjoy

vvv
edit on 10-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: forgot to insert video, lool

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Wonderful stuff!!

Personally I thought this one was also great...

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JTK2000

Dude!"!!

WTF!!??

Did you just spam my thread???

Make 20 posts, and just make your own thread.

vvv

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yup...you got spammed.

On with the Rube Goldberg Machines.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JTK2000

Thank you Thank you mods!

vvv

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I like it better when the machine accomplishes something more useful at the end... Like ones that serve you toast, or gives a dog a treat... This one just blows up a balloon and pops it? Is that what that is? And the way it rotated was kinda.cool I guess. But to me that's kind of a waste because it has to start over again from the left side, the way they did it, instead of alternating to right-to-left for a more natural looking motion. It's like they were just doing it just to do it... Having an electric wire running from the right side back to the left to start that sequence of events just defeats the purpose in my mind, but maybe I need to watch it again, I dunno... I just think it would have been better if they just had it longer so it was one continuous string of actions, instead of having to wait while it rotates in order to start again. It's almost like they had a project they had to complete, but they didn't have a lot of room. And if so, its admirable that they were able to solve the problem in that way. And i know these machines are supposed to be part show or entertainment, but aren't they also supposed to be part useful? I just think they kinda took it too far with the showy part... If it would've came out with a round of beers or shots served onto a counter or held out in robotic arms that would have been cool. Or if you feed it a pencil on one end and it sends it around and brings it back sharpened, even that would be better.

It's nothing against you, and I'm glad you brought this to our attention just cause its good to know what kind of different things people are doing out there, and I do appreciate the time and effort put into this contraption. I'm just offering my opinion on it. And its probably my fault for either having certain expectations, or not fully understanding the machine as in its purpose and how it works.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

This one was more my style. Even though what it did at the end wasnt so useful, it was still cooler, and what it did throughout more than made up for it, and plus it also produced a music video for your enjoyment with artful stuff all throughout, and it had more of an old school feel to it rather than it being mostly gears and electrical equipment. Even parts of the machine played music that contributed to the song. Very cool. Now I'm even more glad than I originally was that I came in this thread!

top topics

join