It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Whos pell? and was He there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

That is essentially my argument as well. But then it is immediately countered with the "reasons" why population could not have increased exponentially over the last 200k years. But the funny thing is- these "conditions" have always been around and are still here today.

So according to that logic, man spent 190,500 years banging rocks together and the last 500 years progressing to the point of flight, space travel, computer and medical mastery, etc. That is not how anything progresses so why should the progression of mankind be any different?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Cardinal Pell (the man who would be Pope) is hedging his bets and is trying to depict himself as a 'free and open-minded person" as the Pope did when making the statement that Aliens could indeed exist and that we must accept that fact

Well, i have never seen any "aliens", but i have seen angels...and one did have wings, the other looked like a black guy and he actually gave me money when i needed it the most and he gave me exactly how much i needed without me even telling him and then he literally disappeared in the 2 seconds i turned my back away.

So the Popes can hedge their bets all they like, i'm putting my soul on line for what i have seen with my own eyes.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Catholic Church pretty much now accepts modern science on most issues, and favors a spiritual interpretation of much of the Old Testament, especially Genesis. If anything, this brings their biblical interpretation more in line with original Jewish ideas about those events described. They aren't meant to be taken as exact fact of events, but more an interpretation in human terms of spiritual events.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Frankly, the fact that he appeared alongside Richard Dawkins makes me suspicious. Dawkins is one of those rabid Atheists who wants everybody who is even open minded to the idea of God to be chucked in a mental institution or berated as mental defectives.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

No I don't.

Oh how clever of you!

Scientifically speaking Adam and Eve did exist, whether you choose to believe the biblical account or not is up to you.

Oh really? Could you show me? Because according to science and studying the human genome, Adam and Eve could not possibly exist

m.npr.org...
(Hit next page at the bottom to read more)

This all coming from a Christian professor!

As was mentioned this completely invalidates much of Catholocism, the Catholic church I am sure will issue a statement against what the Cardinal said. He should be ex-communicated.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of the Catholic church, in fact I despise the Catholic church.

Of course it invalidates Catholocism. It invalidates mostly the entire bible and any religion tied to its teachings. But the Cardinal didn't need to say it, science has already done the work. Religious people just love to ignore reality.
edit on 4-10-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes that is correct.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun
reply to post by korathin

From your post, I gather you believe in the "old man in the sky that grants wishes"?
Are you one of the folks that is simply "hedging your bets"?

If you do believe in the bible's god, would you so kindly tell me your thoughts on the following:

I know you weren't asking me, but I want to kindly respond to your inquiries about his faith, as they are mine as well.

a) Science has proven that the age of the Earth is Millions of years older than the bible says it is. Before you decide to use the inaccuracies of carbon dating, please learn more about it. Carbon dating is not 100% accurate, but carbon dating is accurate enough, to be 100% certain that the Earth is MUCH more than 6000 years old.

Two ways we can go about this - without using the inaccuracy of it. First off, here's a website that talks about the different Time Clocks of the world, and how they place a "limit" to how old our Earth can actually be. Besides, I already thought it was a well-established fact that we are 1/3 to an Equilibrium value of Carbon-14 (of 30,000 yrs), making us at the midpoint of no-more than 15,000.

b) Noah: No man in his right mind, or with a logical mind, could ever believe the story of Noah. The story is a direct insult to logic. One guy built a 450-foot wooden boat and somehow put two of every animal (and seven of every "clean" animal) on it, including the animals living on continents that hadn’t been discovered yet (which means he also must have discovered and explored all of the Americas and Australia, not to mention climbed the Himalayas,.... what for?? to fetch the yaks), and kept them all alive and fed and playing nicely with one another for forty days, and then got them back to where they all lived. Seriously??????? No really, seriously???
So, a 450 x 75 x 45 arc, fit 3,858,920 animals? Logical??? Possible???

Good sir, there are a few inaccuracies with your recounting of the account of Noah. You see, it wasn't just Noah building the Ark (not just a "boat"), but his Sons were helping too. For over 100 years. Plus, during that time, all the animals of the world came TO Noah as directed by God, Noah didn't go out and fetch them. Also, consider THIS possibility - this was a world before the flood waters, it is HIGHLY likely that the face of our planet looked extremely different than it does today, perhaps the lands were more connected. The Animals would have had an easier time traveling (and given the time of 100 yrs). They also didn't live "together", they had separate chambers, and likely spread themselves out over time after landfall.

Consider that, and it makes logical sense.

Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them. — Steve Eley

Did the Pink Unicorns inspire men to write a book, showing all mankind that it exists, and proving that it is indeed omniscient, prophesying the end from the beginning, and authenticating the validity of it's claims? Didn't think so..

My God did.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Frankly, the fact that he appeared alongside Richard Dawkins makes me suspicious. Dawkins is one of those rabid Atheists who wants everybody who is even open minded to the idea of God to be chucked in a mental institution or berated as mental defectives.

i thought that too. Looks like its the new game with the new ''open-minded'' scientists to destroy every religious beliefs. (No, i am not an religious persons, am an Atheist).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by paradox

And history proves that

Why is it most religious folk seem to ignore all history besides what is written in the bible?

You are aware that written history only goes back 6000 years yes?

And?
How many wars has religion started again?

How many lives has religion claimed in the name of God?

What does written history have to do with what is contained in the bible? The bible is a compilation of fairy tales, not historical fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to lonewolf19792000

''Well, i have never seen any "aliens", but i have seen angels...and one did have wings, the other looked like a black guy and he actually gave me money when i needed it the most and he gave me exactly how much i needed without me even telling him and then he literally disappeared in the 2 seconds i turned my back away.''

Very interesting. Saw anything unusual, other than the wings and the knowledge of the money you needed?
(I'm seriously asking. A member of my family had been visited by angels, and they took him in his arms- he was 7- and took him outside of his house at aproximately 20 feet in the air and put him back in his bed.)
edit on 10-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

There is plenty of history in the bible. Your statements are your opinion and you state them as fact. If I am not mistaken, that is one of the biggest beefs atheists have with Christians

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

''So according to that logic, man spent 190,500 years banging rocks together and the last 500 years progressing to the point of flight, space travel, computer and medical mastery, etc. That is not how anything progresses so why should the progression of mankind be any different?''

I always thought that bizarre. Even chimpanzies themselves are still not as advanced as us. There must have been something that happened to us.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Yes, like maybe we were created, intelligently

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by paradox

There is plenty of history in the bible.

Yeah, pseudohistory!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Actually, history that has been "authenticated" by secular accounts. So, it comes down to either you believe what is written in history books or you do not. That is it in a nutshell.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
see the thing is if you can believe in a talking snake then
its not to much of a strech to separate you from your money and your children and your land...

Money - Tything to the richest organization in the world...with a mafia bank..CHECK
Children - "Give us a child till he is seven and he is ours for life" jesuit maxim....CHECK....
Land - First we had the land and they had the bible, then they said let us close our eyes and pray...
when we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the bible....CHECK

yep
a talking snake.

ORIGINAL SIN??!!...have I got an absolvence to sell you...
( no, not a get out of pedophillia jail free card)
its called a CARBON TAX

edit on 10-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

What? You think Christianity is about money?

Mate, Religion is, which is why I hate it, but don't talk about things which you have no idea about

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by paradox

Actually, history that has been "authenticated" by secular accounts.

AKA pseudohistory.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

''Yes, like maybe we were created, intelligently''

That would be the more probable options; but by whom?

edit on 10-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

And now you are demonstrating the #2 beef that Atheists have with Christians- closed mindedness. Bravo.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join