It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
DNA has been around for some 2 billion + years, and it has evolved, not deteriorated over that time. The diversity of life on earth demonstrates that perfectly.

Mutations do not add new information, it's a corruption of existing information and the offspring has a net loss.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

DNA has been around for some 2 billion + years, and it has evolved, not deteriorated over that time. The diversity of life on earth demonstrates that perfectly.

Mutations do not add new information, it's a corruption of existing information and the offspring has a net loss.

Only because creationists pretend the number of base pairs has something to do with complexity of the life form...which isn't really the case

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wonder what he is going to say next...Mohammed never existed....Buddha never existed...there never was a flood and the smurf's were never blue

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

That's depends on what you mean by new information. Look at Insertion on the list and tell me how that is not adding new information. It may not always be beneficial but its new information, nonetheless. Changes in DNA lead to new traits emerging. Are you seriously denying that? Are you claiming beneficial mutaitons do not exist, or falling back on the fallacious argument that the rate of deleterious mutations is too high? How about a source?

ghr.nlm.nih.gov...

Insertion (illustration)

An insertion changes the number of DNA bases in a gene by adding a piece of DNA. As a result, the protein made by the gene may not function properly.

If what you said is actually true, there would be no life on planet earth, as most creatures would have died out long ago since there is always a net loss. We know this isn't the case, however.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by OzTiger

how everyone completely ignores your obvious logic.

It's not all all logical considering what brings about deformities with inbreeding today. The original humans had pure undeteriorated DNA strands.

First let me say that I have the greatest admiration and respect, not scorn, for people who have found 'the faith' whatever that faith may be. Perhaps I have seen too many bad things in this world to believe that something divine is watching over us. I started to question what was accepted as I grew into adulthood and could find no answers that satisfied my curiosity. Everything seemed to contradict. Like in the proverbs "Look before you leap" is followed by "He who hesitates is lost". What on earth are you supposed to do.
So-called Mythical versions of events seem to make more sense than the Biblical versions. Moses wrote the book of Genesis between 1400 and 1500 years BC which was some 1500 years after God created the heavens and the earth yet the Sumerian Tablets seem to tell of these events some 2500 years before that. Here (I must quickly add that) I am not talking about Zecharia Sitchin's interpretations which have been totally debunked my the erudite Hebrew/Aramaic/Sumerian scholar Micheal Heiser.
The theories will continue to abound and expand as well as being advanced by those who research new evidence and debunked by those who's faith is indestructible.
We are surely advanced enough in our development to debate our differences of opinion with each other in a constructive and amicable way.
Those who have the faith believe that they have found the truth whilst those of us who haven't continue to question and search for a satisfactory answer.
Have a nice day everyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Perhaps I have seen too many bad things in this world to believe that something divine is watching over us.

You're forgetting we are a wicked people and there is still a devil.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

reply to post by OzTiger

Perhaps I have seen too many bad things in this world to believe that something divine is watching over us.

You're forgetting we are a wicked people and there is still a devil.

No! With respect that is the 'standard answer' - blame it on The Devil.
We are indeed a 'wicked people' and (most) chuck the Ten Commandments into the 'Ignore' folder.
Throughout the ages there is much evidence as to man's inhumanity to man which (imo) cannot simply be written off as "The Devil's Work" thereby excusing our actions. No. We committed these atrocities ourselves without any outside influence save that of 'serving the Fuhrer', 'serving the Emperor' and 'for King and Country' as well as for self preservation and personal gain.
Like I said, I admire and respect people who have found and/or strictly adhere to the beliefs that have been instilled in them from birth by parents and/or their Church leaders but prayer has not prevented these things happening. After visiting a holocaust museum there is no way I can come to terms with religion or believe in the Divine yet the people who suffered these appalling atrocities have never lost their faith. God certainly moves in very strange and mysterious ways.
Have a nice day my friend.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

No, that was half of my answer. We are WICKED people. We do wicked things. I'm not in the camp that blames everything on the devil, many is his fault, but goodness we humans are some sick twisted folks,

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by OzTiger

No, that was half of my answer. We are WICKED people. We do wicked things. I'm not in the camp that blames everything on the devil, many is his fault, but goodness we humans are some sick twisted folks,

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

are we wicked because of our genes? Or are we wicked because of our free will? That's the question

btw curious about your signature, did jesus claimed to be god?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sayings are meaningless to those who have not found the faith and can be interpreted to suit your views.
My Grandmother used one often "A faint heart never kissed a Guinea-pig"! I never figured that one out but did understand her "A rolling sausage gathers no gravy" one.
My signature is simply a message to those who stay up late drinking the 'Amber Nectar' in that will suffer when they wake up in the morning.
It's bed-time here in Oz so I bid you good night.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

www.AIG.org

Yeah, a search on answersingenesis proves it.
Come on. I'm looking for hard science, not a lying creationist website that has been debunked numerous times. Please cite me the science experiment that proves your claim, not a search on a site that's been proven false. Creationists literally have NOTHING to go by other than regurgitating false arguments from biased websites. Do some real research instead of blindly believing what you are told.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

www.AIG.org

Come on. I'm looking for hard science, not a lying creationist website that has been debunked numerous times. Please cite me the science experiment that proves your claim, not a search on a site that's been proven false. Creationists literally have NOTHING to go by other than regurgitating false arguments from biased websites. Do some real research instead of blindly believing what you are told.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Wouldn't there have to be man and female to produce the first human being so technically there is an Adam and Eve.

Most likely not the bible version..since that is a man made book built on myths.

I think that most of humanity beggining theorys is bull#. We can take the animals as an example. As far as i know, dinossaurs and other animals appeared art multiple places simultanelyous. We can take that as an example.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

I copied this statement from the OPs link, Yahoo News

"According to Genesis, God created Adam and Eve as the first man and woman and all people are descended from them."

So, is the Church trying to cover thier butts, because from the statement above, all I get is that incest took place, and thats how we all got here, that seems to be what the story of Adam & Eve is saying.

How could we have been so stupid to believe that we all came from just two humans, does anybody else get this too.

I have read that adam and eve were not two people ,but two tribes named adam and eve. Not saying i believe it its just something i read here a while ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Of course Adam and Eve as true father and mother of the human race is false. It's pretty much understood by science that the homo sapien population never dipped below 2,000 at any given time. We can tell this based on our mapped genome. What the bible describes seems more like a genetic experimentation lab. Adam, Lillith and Eve were lab rats, but there were already thousands upon thousands of humans out there in the world at the time and probably Neanderthals as well. Part of me wonders if the garden of eden was actually intended to get Neanderthals to breed with homo sapiens to increase genetic diversity.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Eve's name would be Chavah, giver of life, now shekinah/holy spirit is also giver of life and comforter, also god is giver of life.

There had to be a first someone somewhere,
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Of course Adam and Eve as true father and mother of the human race is false. It's pretty much understood by science that the homo sapien population never dipped below 2,000 at any given time. We can tell this based on our mapped genome. What the bible describes seems more like a genetic experimentation lab. Adam, Lillith and Eve were lab rats, but there were already thousands upon thousands of humans out there in the world at the time and probably Neanderthals as well. Part of me wonders if the garden of eden was actually intended to get Neanderthals to breed with homo sapiens to increase genetic diversity.

Eve's name would be Chavah, giver of life, now shekinah/holy spirit is also giver of life and comforter, also god is giver of life.

Gargamel created Smurfette - does that make him a smurf god or just a creator?
edit on 27-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

edit on 27-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

Is this a trick question?

edit on 063030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That depends.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

www.AIG.org

I'd put their credentials and colleges up against anyone else's.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join