learn more

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

What a nasty and pointless attempt at a personal attack, thinly disguised as clever observation with a little disclaimer at it's conclusion.

Oh you think I`m not aware of the amount of insults that you spew towards anyone of belief,thats not personal to you? by pointing out that you do is a personal attack?

Your a legend.

I'll have a good go at religion and the religious because they believe I am a filthy sinner who will enter hell, while they will be surrounded by ruby and diamon and pearl gates and be served canapes by winged angels.

Have I told you that? I`ve yet to read these things that so many Christians are supposed to be doing here on ATS.
Heck they might exist,but it is too easy to point out the personal attacks from people such as yourself.

Better luck with your next attept to humiliate me, champ.

No attempt to humiliate,pointing out your hypocrsy is all.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

What a nasty and pointless attempt at a personal attack, thinly disguised as clever observation with a little disclaimer at it's conclusion.

Oh you think I`m not aware of the amount of insults that you spew towards anyone of belief,thats not personal to you? by pointing out that you do is a personal attack?

Your a legend.

I'll have a good go at religion and the religious because they believe I am a filthy sinner who will enter hell, while they will be surrounded by ruby and diamon and pearl gates and be served canapes by winged angels.

Have I told you that? I`ve yet to read these things that so many Christians are supposed to be doing here on ATS.
Heck they might exist,but it is too easy to point out the personal attacks from people such as yourself.

Better luck with your next attept to humiliate me, champ.

No attempt to humiliate,pointing out your hypocrsy is all.

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite. You say it like you aren't either so I don't know what your point is.

If you haven't read the disgusting things that I have, written by believers here on this site I am more than happy to link you to a few threads via your inbox.

Other than that all you are doing is derailing a thread - I'm happy to discuss the topic.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Garfee because: ,

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite. You say it like you aren't either so I don't know what your point is.

Please then find me a thread where a Christian comes into a thread and simply states your all a bunch of filthy sinners,just like you do, in just dropping in and being insulting.

Don`t be afraid to post it here for all of us to see.Can I do the same from the opposite?

Other than that all you are doing is derailing a thread - I'm happy to discuss the topic.

Not if its not swayed in your favour like your reply to Aquestion...

reply to post by AQuestion

I would think it worthy of it's own thread so it might be discussed with less consideration of the fabled biblical eve.

And no I`m not saying thats proof one way or another in the link.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
After starting this thread and reading replies I am amazed.

I find it stunning in today’s world of scientific proof and fact that people are still misguided and sucked in to beliefs.

I would love to know why peoples opinions are so staunch and fight till it gets out of hand about a belief?
Surely without facts (stone cold proof) you have nothing to base your arguments on?

A carrot is a carrot...........where's God?

Are you all saying that you believe a book that has been re-written a thousand times and lost in translation more times you have had hot dinners in the stone cold truth? Surely that would be completely stupid?

If I said I heard a tree talk to me and said I should dance naked in the streets and promote everybody else to do it, you would think I was mad. You would lock me up?

So how then can so much be based around religion when half the stories of miracles and etc etc sound like complete rubbish?

Can you be selective of what you believe and don't believe in the bible? If so that makes the whole religion a farce?

It's a book..........for God sake (Excuse the Pun)

Ready for your flames.........Mmmm the flames
edit on 25-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: forgot a bit

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No, I will not post them here. I will send them to you via your inbox because you and I have bickered and derailed this thread enough.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

No, I will not post them here. I will send them to you via your inbox because you and I have bickered and derailed this thread enough.

If its one or so particular people who have caused you to to be this way toward anyone with a belief in God,yes please let me see it.

If there are I still think you go way over board with your insults,maybe you should direct them toward those people only?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Back on track gentlemen.......please.

Everybody be cool.

All three of us are Aussies, we don't need to bicker on a day like this.
edit on 25-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: ANZAC DAY

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Its cool,I like Garfee its only God thats making us butt heads.

anyway who let you out of your naughty corner

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I find it stunning in today’s world of scientific proof and fact that people are still misguided and sucked in to beliefs.

Amen, couldn't agree more. Star just for that sentence.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Of course Adam & Eve didn't actually exist. Think about it... if they were the progenitors of humanity, then their children would have had to procreate with each other, and their progeny would have been inbred, and the children of their children would have been inbred, et cetera.

I have been away for a while and have skipped through the posts following yours and I am amazed how everyone completely ignores your obvious logic. It has obviously been thrown into the "Too Hard" basket by the 'believers' who, when I have questioned this in the past, have always replied "God moves in strange and mysterious ways" and "You shouldn't question what is in the Bible".
The point is though that we have to question if we are to seek answers. Cardinal Pell simply 'white-outed' the Adam and Eve story to (perhaps) leave open the question as to where the different races and colours came from but there is no other alternative story in the Bible so we are left to wonder. If the Adam and Eve story is questionable then where does that leave the stories about Cain and Abel?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

how everyone completely ignores your obvious logic.

It's not all all logical considering what brings about deformities with inbreeding today. The original humans had pure undeteriorated DNA strands.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Of course Adam and Eve as true father and mother of the human race is false. It's pretty much understood by science that the homo sapien population never dipped below 2,000 at any given time. We can tell this based on our mapped genome. What the bible describes seems more like a genetic experimentation lab. Adam, Lillith and Eve were lab rats, but there were already thousands upon thousands of humans out there in the world at the time and probably Neanderthals as well. Part of me wonders if the garden of eden was actually intended to get Neanderthals to breed with homo sapiens to increase genetic diversity.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by OzTiger

It's not all all logical considering what brings about deformities with inbreeding today. The original humans had pure undeteriorated DNA strands.

What do you mean by "undeteriorated DNA"?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by OzTiger

Our DNA isn't getting more structured and pure, it's deteriorating. Entropy affects even our DNA. It's full of mutations and such as well. The first man and woman had pure undefiled DNA. That's what causes deformities, similar mutations that the family has passed down through the generations.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by OzTiger

Our DNA isn't getting more structured and pure, it's deteriorating. Entropy affects even our DNA. It's full of mutations and such as well. The first man and woman had pure undefiled DNA. That's what causes deformities, similar mutations that the family has passed down through the generations.

What do you mean by "structured and pure"? Purity in what sense? Mutations happen...in human and all lifeforms.

What's your objective evidence that our ancestor's DNA was somehow "purer" (obviously you need to explain what pure means first). Gene diseases aren't new, and they aren't exclusive to humans either by the way.

And there never was a "first man/woman" as at no point in history did only 2 homo sapiens exist

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What do you mean by "structured and pure"? Purity in what sense? Mutations happen...in human and all lifeforms.

I know they happen, all the time. But the point was another member says the biblical model is absurd because of the mutation probabilities involved with inbreeding. My point was when considering to logical aspects of it he's applying a consideration that the first created humans did not have. They did not have thousands of years of DNA entropy to deal with, they would have been created with pure undeteriorated DNA.

And there never was a "first man/woman" as at no point in history did only 2 homo sapiens exist

But the other member's argument presupposed there were, he was pointing out how "illogical" it would have been for Adam and Eve and their children to marry and procreate.

edit on 25-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
DNA has been around for some 2 billion + years, and it has evolved, not deteriorated over that time. The diversity of life on earth demonstrates that perfectly.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I know they happen, all the time. But the point was another member says the biblical model is absurd because of the mutation probabilities involved with inbreeding. My point was when considering to logical aspects of it he's applying a consideration that the first created humans did not have. They did not have thousands of years of DNA entropy to deal with, they would have been created with pure undeteriorated DNA.

But the other member's argument presupposed there were, he was pointing out how "illogical" it would have been for Adam and Eve and their children to marry and procreate.

edit on 25-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Well either way, there was never just 2 homo sapiens

As for gene defects being a matter of "deterioration"...that's simply not the case.

The reason incest like described in Adam & Eve would result in gene defects is because they'd share a larger portion of alleles...not because the genes somehow "deteriorate".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Deffinetly not to surprised, The downfall of man based on piece of fruit is a bit.... far fetched.. I wonder what god would have done if they stole his pie from his window while it was cooling... haha

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by AQuestion

Yes, but I am not so arrogant to assume I will ever know the origin of the universe or the beginnings of humanity.

Greater men than myself probably spent their lives as crazy hermits trying to figure it out. I'd rather ponder the issue a little but spend my life embraced by the love of my family and friends, enjoying nature and every other wonder available to me.

Dear Garfee,

It is not the answer that causes us to grow' but, the search. No answer is perfect; but, we can continue learning and investigating. People are quick to think that we know more than we used to; but, as a species we are no wiser than people were before, we just have more facts. As for those crazy hermits, they made the greatest discoveries that we all benefit from. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join