It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I must say however that though the bible is full of wisdom it does not rely all The Creator who you call God is nor all of who Jesus is -

I agree shocking enough:

JOHN 21:25
"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should BE WRITTEN every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should BE WRITTEN. Amen."

The Bible is however what God gave us on earth in order to KNOW Him. It is all we have, and all you are allowed while on earth. We will learn MUCH MORE once we get to Heaven. (1 Cor 13:12)
But you can only get to Heaven by believing that Jesus IS GOD and died in your place. Rose from the Grave. And is waiting for you to call on Him and trust in His perfect life He lived and the blood He shed for you as your ticket into Heaven. Nothing else will do...In GOD Himself''s humble opinion. (John 3:36)

I believe it to be messed with and much truth is left out -

Why? My turn for questions. Bet I can prove you wrong.

These are my views - my own views - Peace

No offense.....but you think your own self conceived (as admitted) views are better than the last 4,500 plus years of Biblical history and a few billion Christians over this time? Pretty brave of you, no?
edit on 14-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Did you mean to reply to me? Or were you replying to the thread itself? I hate the catholic church by the way......

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by randyvs

Did you mean to reply to me? Or were you replying to the thread itself? I hate the catholic church by the way......

Apologies for taking awhile to answer I'm getting use to this lap top on location. But both pretty much and that makes two of us partner.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I must say however that though the bible is full of wisdom it does not rely all The Creator who you call God is nor all of who Jesus is -

I agree shocking enough:

JOHN 21:25
"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should BE WRITTEN every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should BE WRITTEN. Amen."

The Bible is however what God gave us on earth in order to KNOW Him. It is all we have, and all you are allowed while on earth. We will learn MUCH MORE once we get to Heaven. (1 Cor 13:12)
But you can only get to Heaven by believing that Jesus IS GOD and died in your place. Rose from the Grave. And is waiting for you to call on Him and trust in His perfect life He lived and the blood He shed for you as your ticket into Heaven. Nothing else will do...In GOD Himself''s humble opinion. (John 3:36)

I believe it to be messed with and much truth is left out -

Why? My turn for questions. Bet I can prove you wrong.

These are my views - my own views - Peace

No offense.....but you think your own self conceived (as admitted) views are better than the last 4,500 plus years of Biblical history and a few billion Christians over this time? Pretty brave of you, no?
edit on 14-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What is happening - me quoting John
I get John and in truth this is all any needs to know
Yet there are things which I will not speak of is all I can say
I am not brave - truth is easier than deceit
I wish to remain silent rather than respond by questioning your belief which would be futile and fruitless
Hope you can understand why

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

ok, thanks for the time. But always remember....the devil knows more scripture than anyone else on earth....and there have been many people who died and went to Hell quoting Bible scripture on their death bed

It isn't what you believe the Bible verses teach.....it is what the Bible SAYS that actually matters. And what PAUL says, should be your number one concern. Jesus Christ's saying come second to Paul believe it or not. (for gentiles in this age at least)

1 CORINTHIANS 14:37
"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD."

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

ok, thanks for the time. But always remember....the devil knows more scripture than anyone else on earth....and there have been many people who died and went to Hell quoting Bible scripture on their death bed

It isn't what you believe the Bible verses teach.....it is what the Bible SAYS that actually matters. And what PAUL says, should be your number one concern. Jesus Christ's saying come second to Paul believe it or not. (for gentiles in this age at least)

1 CORINTHIANS 14:37
"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD."

I know you wish me to believe what you believe - perhaps you think you are spreading the gospel and saving souls or maybe not.
You consider me a gentile - OK believe what you must for the sake of your fear

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Yes, I have one. I find it amusing that you believe everyone else to be blind when you blindly believe the words of men written and catalogued in a 'bible' to be the words of god itself and even use it as proof of it's existence.

Silly billy!
Now we are just arguing semantics care bear. What? I shouldn't trust men of old who wrote a old Book......yet you trust modern men who write books about looking within yourself and the good will of man? (Freud, Darwin, Kant etc.) Is there a difference? Both are based on faith,

You blindly believe someone in your life who told you to "look within" for something. Not sure what you are looking for.....you might want to visit your Gynecologist again while you are looking within yourself.....

When did I ever say in any comment in any thread, on any site anywhere on the internet, or profess to my peers; that I trust any of those people or what they wrote? Nobody has told me to do anything, I look within myself for answers before I seek them elsewhere. I use common sense and my own intuition of what feels right and good.

It appears you do not know what gynecologists are for, or you make light of their important work. Gynecologists are for women and as you can see to the left of this post, I am a man.

When you stoop to low personal insults your already weak argument seems even more desperate. And 'care bear'? Are you 13?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigsy2400
and so come out all the crazy religious people, I am spirtiual, I believe in a higher being etc, but I dont harass and push it in other peoples faces!

This thread is just bringing out all the crazies out of the woodwork now.

The problem as with all things in life is choice!

Choose to believe, choose not to,...whatever,.its your choice!!!

Adam & Eve would have existed at some point, of course they would have done, but so long ago in Darwins world, that they likely scribed on cave walls, rather than danced around a magical garden eating apples!!
Hyprocisy.

You do realize we all can only make comments on the computer, right. Religious people in this thread are no more harassing and pushing their beliefs in peoples faces, as you are.

Get a grip.

I'm glad you posted in this thread and gave your view on Adam and Eve, but don't pretend the other sides of this argument aren't allowed to do the same.... without being called crazy.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Although I do not disparage people of any belief system that creates no harm...this is a simple fact....2 people...one Man and One Woman do not have the necessary Genetic diversity to populate the Planet. After a few generations of interbreading the children would become STERILE and various Birth Defects would present themselves.

Now Adam and Eve is a nice STORY and has it's purpose in teaching a concept or moral...but it was not EVER a reality. This cannot be challenged as the Human Genome Mapping Project has mapped our origins all the way back to the first Single Celled Organism that all life came from.

Evolution is a FACT. If you want to say GOD created the Universe or Multiverse and everything within by the process of EVOLUTION...I have no issue with that. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Although I do not disparage people of any belief system that creates no harm...this is a simple fact....2 people...one Man and One Woman do not have the necessary Genetic diversity to populate the Planet. After a few generations of interbreading the children would become STERILE and various Birth Defects would present themselves.

Now Adam and Eve is a nice STORY and has it's purpose in teaching a concept or moral...but it was not EVER a reality. This cannot be challenged as the Human Genome Mapping Project has mapped our origins all the way back to the first Single Celled Organism that all life came from.

Evolution is a FACT. If you want to say GOD created the Universe or Multiverse and everything within by the process of EVOLUTION...I have no issue with that. Split Infinity

You need to retake your biology class.

The purpose of the human genome project is to identify the chemical base pairs that compose DNA. It has nothing to do with ancestry. Scientists compare the DNA of humans and other organisms, fossil records, and characteristics to develop the theory of evolution. Within that theory, it would be impossible to pinpoint which organism underwent which mutation. It is believed by some that the long journey towards becoming humans took place over billions of years.

I understand the process of natural selection, and I don't think it's something that's inseparable from evolution. However, I'm ambivalent as to if it's compatible with the Bible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Damrod

reply to post by jiggerj

Thankfully you're personal distaste for obese people doesn't trump physics.

Must I do everything for you? Do the math bro:

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

You need the formulas too?

When I said I cringed while watching a 300 pound person climbing stairs I meant I feared them falling through the stairs. How awful a suggestion of one who believes in an all-loving god.

No, I don't need the math. Over 450 ft. long (we're talking 1 and a 1/2 football fields) and made of gopher wood, with 1600 tons of animal, and can you say, MAYDAY MAYDAY WE'RE GOIN' DOWN!

Yeah bro, you need the math. You don't even know how long a football field is, it's 360 feet. You just invalidated your own assumption.

You talk a big game, well put your money where your mouth is. I'm challenging you to do some simple math, that is if you are capable.

Actually, gopher wood is as strong a wood as cedar and pine. It's a fantastic construction material, it floats bro
What do you think people built ships before steel?

No it's not....it's 300 feet goal line to goal line...the end zones do not count....OMG get a clue and try to watch real sports occasionally instead of pretending you are a"one of the tough boys"...when you obviously...are not.....fail. No one like a pretend sports fan.....it stinks....

LOL Thanks for that response, Damrod. I didn't want to bother because this is what the religious do when logic gets in the way of thier belief. They completely derail the topic. I can see Nemo sitting at his computer and yelling proudly, "HA! I just proved the ark can float because a football field is 360 feet!" LOLOLOL

Logic? You clowns are arguing the semantics of a football field. You're the only person here trying to circumvent the truth. I asked you to do one thing, since you are so vehemently against the possibility that Noah built an ark that could hold two of every animal. Do the math yourself and don't quote somebody else, yet you aren't replying. It's because you know i'm right, but this is what naysayers do when confronted with solid figures and reason.

I'm surrounded by engineers and architects almost every day and training to be a civil engineer for the department of transportation. I'm taking a class on construction materials and structural engineering, so if the Ark was not feasible I would tell you. I have a professor who helped design the IMF headquaters, she would tell you the same. Put up some solid evidence or shut up you fool. I shouldn't even expect a direct response from you, you'll probably wait for somebody else to counter me.

Construction:
The Ark as described in the above quote from Genesis 6 is a huge boat made of wood, which is not exactly prime shipbuilding material. Considering that the largest known wooden boats are 300 feet long, have to be reinforced with iron straps, and require constant pumping, and that neither pumps nor iron were available to Noah, the Ark wouldn't be very seaworthy.

library.thinkquest.org...

If you believe the ark to be seaworthy when simple common sense tells you it can't survive a massive flooding storm, then PLEASE stay away from the Dept. of Transportation. You'll just screw things up and cost lives. Jeez!

Are you too incompetent to use the brain that GOD gave you? You're even a bad "googler"
If you had cross-referenced the material, you would have known that there are plenty of wooden ships well above the length of 300 ft. So, the author of the quoted articles credibility just shrunk (idiot), and so did yours (idiot).

Pretoria 338 ft
Rochambeua 377 ft
Caligula's giant ship 341 ft
Massive Greek Trireme 425 ft

There's nothing in Genesis that preclude the possibility that in the days of Noah, iron was being mined and used. If we read the book of Enoch, it explicitly said that human beings knew metallurgy. Nevertheless, it's possible the planks could have been interwoven with other materials. Genesis isn't a complete blue print for the Ark, so we are left to speculate.

edit on 15-4-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

What the??

Trim the quotes dude. lol

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

So can you explain how modern man came about? If there wasn't a first 2, was it a first 4, 8,or 16? What started it?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am very good at Biology, Physics and Math...thank you. And although the Human Genome Mapping project was not done for the purpose to prove or disprove our beginnings...after comparing the thousands of other Animals and Plants Genomes that we have mapped so far....one thing is common...VIRAL DNA. The Human Genome is between 9 and 11 percent viral encoding.

WHEN, in 2001, the human genome was sequenced for the first time, we were confronted by several surprises. One was the sheer lack of genes: where we had anticipated perhaps 100,000 there were actually as few as 20,000. A bigger surprise came from analysis of the genetic sequences, which revealed that these genes made up a mere 1.5 per cent of the genome. This is dwarfed by DNA deriving from viruses, which amounts to roughly 9 per cent.

On top of that, huge chunks of the genome are made up of mysterious virus-like entities called retrotransposons, pieces of selfish DNA that appear to serve no function other than to make copies of themselves. These account for no less than 34 per cent of our genome. We Humans are the EVOLUTIONARY byproduct of the Universe since evolution applies to Atomic and Molecular Evolution. In our Star...Hydrogen is fused into Helium...in SUPERNOVAS....heavy elements such as Iron, Copper, Gold...etc...were produced so we are made from the stuff Stars.

Human Beings are the Multiversal Byproduct of this Divergent Universal Reality and state of 13.75 plus or minus .11 Billion Years. EVOLUTION is the process as it applies to both Living and Non-Living things. So when you tell me to read a Biology Book...you should include ALOT more in the concepts for which you have decided proves or disproves my post.

A VIRUS IS NOT ALIVE! That's right! It is a snippet of DNA that once has penetrated a cell will multiply and cause that cell to BURST...thus allowing for easy trasmital. One the Original Single Celled Organism from which ALL Plant and Animal life came from was INFECTED...three things happened that allow us to trace our origins.
1. The Single celled Organism infected with the Virus...burst and allowed transmition of Viuses to other Single Celled Organisms.
2. The VIRUS DNA changed after infection of it's host.
3. The Single Celled Organism which was able to ward off full penetration of it's cell wall by the Virus and although infected was was able to continue living and reproducing by Mitosis. It's reproduced versions of itself were now immune to this Virus.
THIS SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM...now carried within its DNA and it's Progeny...Innert Viral DNA. This Innert DNA was carried along to all currently living Plants and Animals on the Face of this Earth. PLUS...the Original VIRUS that had it fought off DNA can be compared to current VIRAL DNA that although the Viruses have also evolved...they still maintain part of the Original Virus in their Non-Living short chain Amino acid structure.

THIS is why we know that ALL ANIMAL AND PLANT LIFE came from an Original Single Celled Animal.

As far as believing in GOD and CREATION...I NEVER mentioned the Bible....One could say that GOD used the Process of EVOLUTION to create the MULTIVERSE...OUR DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL REALITY....AND ALL LIFE IN IT....including Humans. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

You look at Humanity as if we started as a small group or two of Homosapiens. Before us...Cro Magnon...who were almost identical and you would not be able to tell the diference. Cro Magnon was around 60,000 years ago. Before that...but also lived for a time concurent with Cro Magnon...Neanterthal...they came about during an Ice Age so their extremities...legs and arms...were short and most of their bodies mass was in the chest and abdominal regions since long extremities in a super Cold climate means Frost Bite and Death...and it goes like this with many different forms of Humanity with the oldest Fossil remains were Lucy at 3.2 Million Years and Artie at 4.4 Million Years old.

All of these were PRIMATES as we are...they were NOT FROM THE GREAT APE LINEAGE...although Greate Apes, Humans, Lemurs, Monkeys...all had a common ancestor....which in turn had a lineage like our own with common ancestors...all the way to the first mammals and back further to creatures who first came on land and back to the ORIGINAL SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL that all Plant and Animal life came from.

How do we know this is true? We have mapped thousands of Plant and Animal Genomes and have found that much of our Human DNA is from VIRAL INFECTIONS....in all the Mapped Genomes...there is one DNA VIRAL encoding that is common to all. This first Virus infected the First Original Single Celled Animals prodeny...as this Single Cell Animal we all came from reproduced by MITOSIS. One of the infected Organisms was able to survive even though it's cell wall was penetrated by the Virus...it lived to reproduce. It's pogeny were now immune to the Virus as the Virus had passed on some of it's DNA to the Organism...this also changed the Virus as it evolved....EVOLUTION BABY! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You look at Humanity as if we started as a small group or two of Homosapiens.....EVOLUTION BABY! Split Infinity
So there were more than one Adam and Eve? Did they evolve in 2 seperate lines, at 2 seperate times? How could that be?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

You look at Humanity as if we started as a small group or two of Homosapiens.....EVOLUTION BABY! Split Infinity
So there were more than one Adam and Eve? Did they evolve in 2 seperate lines, at 2 seperate times? How could that be?

How can you still not get this?

Reread what I posted on how Humanity evolved....Adam and Eve is a nice STORY....nothing more.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I liked your story but it doesn't answer my question. My question is simple. How did modern man come about? Did it start with 50,000 people? Did it start with 8 people? If not Adam and Eve, then what?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

The same catholic church that gave you the bible you quote so often?

edit on 17-4-2012 by Garfee because: because you isn't spelled yopu

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I liked your story but it doesn't answer my question. My question is simple. How did modern man come about? Did it start with 50,000 people? Did it start with 8 people? If not Adam and Eve, then what?

Since Homosapiens evolved from Cro Magnon....since Cro Magnon populations are estimated in the Tens of thousands....then lowered due to an extiction level event....7 to 9 thousand Cromagnons repopulated again and eventualy evolved to become us...Homosapien. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join