It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Revelations 7:14-15

What's that red stain on your shirt?

That is not me in Revelation. Those are people that gave their live in martyrdom, in order to save their OWN lives (Luke 9:24). Works based salvation in the great tribulation. I am the one that got saved and forgiving by grace through faith before the tribulation starts. I can be found here:

ISAIAH 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as WHITE AS SNOW; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I know you don't understand.....few do.

edit on 14-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by jiggerj

Thankfully you're personal distaste for obese people doesn't trump physics.

Must I do everything for you? Do the math bro:

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

You need the formulas too?

When I said I cringed while watching a 300 pound person climbing stairs I meant I feared them falling through the stairs. How awful a suggestion of one who believes in an all-loving god.

No, I don't need the math. Over 450 ft. long (we're talking 1 and a 1/2 football fields) and made of gopher wood, with 1600 tons of animal, and can you say, MAYDAY MAYDAY WE'RE GOIN' DOWN!

Yeah bro, you need the math. You don't even know how long a football field is, it's 360 feet. You just invalidated your own assumption.

You talk a big game, well put your money where your mouth is. I'm challenging you to do some simple math, that is if you are capable.

Actually, gopher wood is as strong a wood as cedar and pine. It's a fantastic construction material, it floats bro
What do you think people built ships before steel?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

When I said I cringed while watching a 300 pound person climbing stairs I meant I feared them falling through the stairs. How awful a suggestion of one who believes in an all-loving god.

No, I don't need the math. Over 450 ft. long (we're talking 1 and a 1/2 football fields) and made of gopher wood, with 1600 tons of animal, and can you say, MAYDAY MAYDAY WE'RE GOIN' DOWN!

Yeah bro, you need the math. You don't even know how long a football field is, it's 360 feet. You just invalidated your own assumption.

You talk a big game, well put your money where your mouth is. I'm challenging you to do some simple math, that is if you are capable.

Actually, gopher wood is as strong a wood as cedar and pine. It's a fantastic construction material, it floats bro

No it's not....it's 300 feet goal line to goal line...the end zones do not count....OMG get a clue and try to watch real sports occasionally instead of pretending you are a"one of the tough boys"...when you obviously...are not.....fail. No one like a pretend sports fan.....it stinks....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

Not in Canada, fields are 100 yards without the end zones, which are not really part of the field. You are arguing semantics, that shows you are desperate.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by artistpoet

I do not need to rely on the Bible to make such decisions - does this make me wicked in your eyes?

No, it just makes you arrogant, self willed, and self righteous...no offense. Don't ever make spiritual decisions without guidance from the Holy Bible. You, me, and everyone else are too stupid spiritually to do so on our own.

Yes I did read Samuel - It is another Bible story of how one becomes blind and deaf metaphorically speaking in regards to being unaware of the communication one has with one's creator to be succinct

You mean to say "it is MY OPINION that this story was metaphorically speaking".....am I correct your majesty? I highlighted the verses you needed to pay attention to. Since God DOES NOT talk to us verbally like He did to His prophets years back, we must rely SOLELY on the written words of His He preserved for us. This is the only way to KNOW God in an INTELLIGENT manner.

I am not attacking you as you claim - merely communicating - sorry if you do not like what I have to say

I was being sarcastic. No worries bud, I don't get offended easily......at all. Psalms 119:165.

No offense taken to you calling me arrogant, self willed and self righteous.- My Mom might clip your ear for being so cheeky but I turn the other cheek and don't worry I wont squeal on you to Mom - would not wish her wrath on any.
Sorry I got the Samuel 3 test wrong I can be real thick sometimes - I guess I get 1 out of 10 for trying.
Like you say your not attacking me - that would unchristian I guess.
One burning question I would really like you to answer is Does God have a sense of humor or is he always grumpy with non believers ?
edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: GOD SHOWED ME THE ERROR OF MY TYPOS

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

I can bet I know more about football than you LOL. The endzones aren't apart of the field? That doesn't even make sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

No it's not....it's 300 feet goal line to goal line...the end zones do not count....OMG get a clue and try to watch real sports occasionally instead of pretending you are a"one of the tough boys"...when you obviously...are not.....fail. No one like a pretend sports fan.....it stinks....

LOL Thanks for that response, Damrod. I didn't want to bother because this is what the religious do when logic gets in the way of thier belief. They completely derail the topic. I can see Nemo sitting at his computer and yelling proudly, "HA! I just proved the ark can float because a football field is 360 feet!" LOLOLOL

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by KJV1611

Revelations 7:14-15

What's that red stain on your shirt?.....................

The blood of heretics perhaps?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

LOL Thanks for that response, Damrod. I didn't want to bother because this is what the religious do when logic gets in the way of thier belief. They completely derail the topic. I can see Nemo sitting at his computer and yelling proudly, "HA! I just proved the ark can float because a football field is 360 feet!" LOLOLOL

Logic? You clowns are arguing the semantics of a football field. You're the only person here trying to circumvent the truth. I asked you to do one thing, since you are so vehemently against the possibility that Noah built an ark that could hold two of every animal. Do the math yourself and don't quote somebody else, yet you aren't replying. It's because you know i'm right, but this is what naysayers do when confronted with solid figures and reason.

I'm surrounded by engineers and architects almost every day and training to be a civil engineer for the department of transportation. I'm taking a class on construction materials and structural engineering, so if the Ark was not feasible I would tell you. I have a professor who helped design the IMF headquaters, she would tell you the same. Put up some solid evidence or shut up you fool. I shouldn't even expect a direct response from you, you'll probably wait for somebody else to counter me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

That's your problem right there mate. Look within.

You people are as blind as bats, and it is almost laughable watching Satan blind you guys. It does sadden me though. You guys are all going to LOVE each other straight to death.
Look within?? What am I suppose to find there? I think Jesus Christ Himself made it clear, there is nothing good on the inside of man you carebear you, READ THE VERSES:

**********Meaningless bible verses I couldn't be bothered reading*************

Comment?

Yes, I have one. I find it amusing that you believe everyone else to be blind when you blindly believe the words of men written and catalogued in a 'bible' to be the words of god itself and even use it as proof of it's existence.

Silly billy!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

Logic? You clowns are arguing the semantics of a football field. You're the only person here trying to circumvent the truth. I asked you to do one thing, since you are so vehemently against the possibility that Noah built an ark that could hold two of every animal. Do the math yourself and don't quote somebody else, yet you aren't replying. It's because you know i'm right, but this is what naysayers do when confronted with solid figures and reason.

I'm surrounded by engineers and architects almost every day and training to be a civil engineer for the department of transportation. I'm taking a class on construction materials and structural engineering, so if the Ark was not feasible I would tell you. I have a professor who helped design the IMF headquaters, she would tell you the same. Put up some solid evidence or shut up you fool. I shouldn't even expect a direct response from you, you'll probably wait for somebody else to counter me.

Construction:
The Ark as described in the above quote from Genesis 6 is a huge boat made of wood, which is not exactly prime shipbuilding material. Considering that the largest known wooden boats are 300 feet long, have to be reinforced with iron straps, and require constant pumping, and that neither pumps nor iron were available to Noah, the Ark wouldn't be very seaworthy.

library.thinkquest.org...

If you believe the ark to be seaworthy when simple common sense tells you it can't survive a massive flooding storm, then PLEASE stay away from the Dept. of Transportation. You'll just screw things up and cost lives. Jeez!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If the largest boat were but 300 feet long that makes it impossible to round up all the animals two by two and fit them in - apart from the unicorn that is who was too busy playing and became extinct.

edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

459x75x44 feet
V =1.54 million m^3

What are you talking about the endzones "don't count"???

Try scoring a touchdown without one.

A football field is 360 feet long.

A 6th grade Pop Warner football player knows this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Does God have a sense of humor or is he always grumpy with non believers ?

God has a HUGE sense of humor. An incredible sense of humor actually.....and it is usually based on irony. I can find you a few verse examples if you like...but I am sure you have ran into a few in your life personally though

P.s. I gave you a star for the "Blood of heretics?" comment about me
I found it quite funny
Not that I would ever kill anyone for their personal belief.................................ahem*

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Interesting bit of info I found looking up what gopher wood might refer to

"Gopher wood" "Gopher wood" is a misreading and scribal error. "Kopher" wood is correct and means wood (any wood) that is covered with Kopher. Kopher is bitumen. In the Genesis text (6:14), the context is clear. The GPR wood used, (a scribal error) is to be covered in KPR. G and K in Hebrew are so similar that inexperienced Hebrew "scholars," such as those translating the King James Version of the Bible, could have been prone to such errors, indeed, they made many such errors.

Noah's Ark Model

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Yes, I have one. I find it amusing that you believe everyone else to be blind when you blindly believe the words of men written and catalogued in a 'bible' to be the words of god itself and even use it as proof of it's existence.

Silly billy!
Now we are just arguing semantics care bear. What? I shouldn't trust men of old who wrote a old Book......yet you trust modern men who write books about looking within yourself and the good will of man? (Freud, Darwin, Kant etc.) Is there a difference? Both are based on faith,

You blindly believe someone in your life who told you to "look within" for something. Not sure what you are looking for.....you might want to visit your Gynecologist again while you are looking within yourself.....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

"Gopher wood" "Gopher wood" is a misreading and scribal error. "Kopher" wood is correct and means wood (any wood) that is covered with Kopher. Kopher is bitumen. In the Genesis text (6:14), the context is clear. The GPR wood used, (a scribal error) is to be covered in KPR. G and K in Hebrew are so similar that inexperienced Hebrew "scholars," such as those translating the King James Version of the Bible, could have been prone to such errors, indeed, they made many such errors.

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?

Have you ever saw such grasping at straws to cast doubt on the King James Bible in your life?!? First of all, the word Gopher and Kopher are pronounced EXACTLY the same, so there is no error, nor problem.

Second, the KJV translators knew EXACTLY what the difference between G and K was. What, when was the last time you saw them translate the word God as "Kod" You think they didn't know the difference?!!?!? What arrogance on the account of this fool trying to discredit the KJV translators in order for him to peddle his own version of the bible by the publication company that backs him.

The "error" falls to this fool that thinks he is smarter than God and His KJV translators. What pure arrogant pride.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Does God have a sense of humor or is he always grumpy with non believers ?

God has a HUGE sense of humor. An incredible sense of humor actually.....and it is usually based on irony. I can find you a few verse examples if you like...but I am sure you have ran into a few in your life personally though

P.s. I gave you a star for the "Blood of heretics?" comment about me
I found it quite funny
Not that I would ever kill anyone for their personal belief.................................ahem*

Glad you did not take my remark as offence
Also Glad to know God has a sense of humour - I always believed He must have
You see I do believe in a Creator as you do and also that Jesus was real - He was / is a hero to me.
I must say however that though the bible is full of wisdom it does not rely all The Creator who you call God is nor all of who Jesus is - I believe it to be messed with and much truth is left out - These are my views - my own views - Peace
edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

So this Pell guy who not only belongs to one of the largest organizations of child molesters in the world. Not to mention the most powerful worldwide establishments that can pick and choose who lives and who dies all the way up to world leaders A.K.A murderers.

Nevermind. i can't believe there's even a friggen thread on this. What a masterful joke and half.

The OP isn't even worth reading.
edit on 14-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join