It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple videos of UFO over St.Petersburg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bunch of videos just popped up recently purported to be of something hanging out above St. Petersburg. It was allegedly there for an hour. Here are the first four videos:

And here's another:

Looks out of the ordinary, whatever it is. I myself haven't the foggiest.

Thoughts?
edit on 10-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
While it is easy to replicate similar images, that does not necessarily mean that these videos are hoaxes. What some TV shows attempt to do is discredit sightings/videos by being able to use special effects (SFX) to re-create similar videos. Just because you can re-create something using SFX does not take away from the validity of a video. Almost *any* video of *anything* can be re-created via CGI (computer generated images) or SFX. That doesn't mean that the original is a hoax. Yet, debunkers would have you believe that.

Also, don't be duped into believing in Occam's Razor (the simplest explanation is the truth) or KISS (keep it simple stupid). Just because an explanation is more complex than a simpler explanation does not nullify the more complex one. People "in the know" would have the "stupid" masses believing in the simplest of ideas.

Good find. S&F.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's the Protoss warping in units!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Nice find! Its interesting to see a few vids of the same thing from different locations. As to what it might be who knows? A UFO!

Could be a viral for the film The Darkest Hours, that's set in Russia and the invaders fall from the sky as balls of light in the beginning.

The audio on clip three on the first video sounds distorted, it sounds like the background noise is being played backwards. This may point to tampering, or it may point to me hearing things
. Anyone else notice that?
edit on 10/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The new russian KGB surveilance drone....just a test.......
2nd

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Looks a lot like Chinese lanterns to me. Right size, height, color, speed, flicker..etc

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Not often that there's a UFO video I'm unwilling to discount as a hoax immediately.
I think these are too bright for chinese lanterns.
Good find OP.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not lanterns but I have been here before , I believe what we are seeing are military "chandelier" flares used for fighter pilot training over lake Ladoga near St. Peterburg..
Thread from 2011 , video dated 23-3-2011 so about the same time last year .

Here's another video , 22-3-2011

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying you have to believe it but that's what I think they are

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's a possibility. Also, I don't think these videos do the sighting justice, going on the peoples reactions, I'm assuming it performed some kind of maneuvers, however I don't see any remarkable movements in the vids.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Indeed, the one falling light made me immediately think of flares.
But logic intervened and asked why would they do this so close to a major city?
It's still a likely candidate and I always find your opinions on the subject of UFOs to be well-informed.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Definitely a possibility, Gortex, although I've not been able to find much information on "chandelier flares". Are they basically just flares on parachutes? According to the poster on YouTube, the lights were in sight for more than an hour, although I'm not sure how legit that information is. Would we have to discount that bit of info in order to accept the flare hypothesis, or are there flares that will burn that long?

I did follow the link you provided regarding a thread discussing a similar sighting in Russia a year or two ago, but the evidence that those videos showed "chandelier flares" was a little skimpy. Seems that you linked to a personal opinion on somebody's blog, which unfortunately is no longer available. That explanation seemed a little premature in that situation, as one of the videos shows a separate light zooming into the original cluster of lights from quite a distance away. The impression I get is quite unflarelike.

Lastly, one of the videos taken this week shows the clump of lights in semi-daylight, and to me they don't look like flares in this one. I'm certainly no expert on this kind of thing, so I may be mistaken. Maybe you could help us out with a little more information on this type of flare?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Looks like a BIG event in St. Petersburg.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

I'm no expert in helicopters or any military aircraft, but this certainly look strange. And I don't have that hoax feeling like with the Jerusalem one. I can't see any sign of CGI and this article is actually quite interesting. Looks like a lot of civilians are uneasy and calling the authority but no official response so far.

Well, I do think there's a boring mundane explanation, but this actually got my attention. Let see

edit on 10-4-2012 by theiceone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Man, the Russians always get the good spaceships in their skies. Looks pretty legit to me. Especially since there appears to be more than one vantage point filmed here. The footage of the 7 lights grouped together is very interesting as well. S&F for bringing these to us!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Any news?? I'm guessing this probably made the News in Russia but, since I don't speak the language, I can't find anything besides the MoscowTimes article.

I'm curious to know if there's official explanations already.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm starting to think we're having a mini invasion of sorts.
I just posted a thread asking if anyone else in south Florida is seeing these UFOs (only I'm on the east coast and St Pete is on the west but still)

That object in the first video is similar to the 3-pointed red triangle UFO I saw last week gliding silently over my house at a tremendous rate of speed.

My thread was more about these star-sized UFOs darting around over my head (the sky) almost every single night. It's almost as if they know I'm looking for them because after all, that's the ONLY reason why I go outside at night and look up.

Wow. I wonder if something bigger is on the horizon here in south Florida!

edit on 10-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I'm starting to think we're having a mini invasion of sorts.
I just posted a threadasking if anyone else in south Florida seeing these UFOs (only I'm on the east coast and St Pete is on the west but still)

That object in the first video is similar to the 3-pointed red triangle UFO I saw last week gliding silently over my house at a tremendous rate of speed.

My thread was more about these star-sized UFOs darting around over my head (the sky) almost every single night. It's almost as if they know I'm looking for them because after all, that's the ONLY reason why I go outside at night and look up.

Wow. I wonder if something bigger is on the horizon here in south Florida!

Russia mate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is an interesting video that anon72 posted in a duplicate thread to this which was closed by mods!

The video is of a UFO sighted in Kansas City, Missouri. Monday 4/09/2012 (warning explicit language)

To me the guys filming it sounded well surprised and excited, you could just tell they were experiencing real emotion not acting!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Still look like CL's to me, Flares are very bright and don't hang about much, and mostly short lived. It is unusual though for a lantern to lose height when still lit.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I cant seem to find any examples of military "chandelier" flares to compare the video to. Do you know of any vids?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Not lanterns but I have been here before , I believe what we are seeing are military "chandelier" flares used for fighter pilot training over lake Ladoga near St. Peterburg..
Thread from 2011 , video dated 23-3-2011 so about the same time last year .

Here's another video , 22-3-2011

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying you have to believe it but that's what I think they are

Hi Gortex,

Apart from what either of us think, your linked video from that old thread is also being used on another thread here today as seemingly part of these latest St Petersburg ?? I'll go back and check.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join