It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack Read more: h

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by greyhat

good once NATO attacks syria,Russia will wipe NATO off the map.It will be good extermination of the Western vermin.

Please wake up man...

Russia will do what? With what ? Outside nukes, Russia can't do shi.t.Their capability to wage war it's pretty much close to ZERO.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Russia has geophysical and psychotronic scalar weapons.Nugh said.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Wow

anger Issues

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Russia has always been a soft giant. In the days of the Soviet State it strictly believed in strength in numbers, but even then during both global conflicts Russia capitualted and it was more of a case of poor command from the aggressor than a great ability of the Russian army that got them out of the second world war on the side of the victors. Even in smaller conflicts, Afghanistan and Chechnya for example, Russia's lack of any effective military might was clearly on display. With drastic cut backs and a lack of any real investment since the Cold War, a continual decline in young Russians joining the army and corruption throughout the army (much like the rest fo the country), Russia can only rely on a Nuclear defense and certainly not a military offence.

Russia is very much aware of the capability of the US and would never actively engage the US in all out war, the result would mean total ruin for Russia. The Russian oligarch now lives a fantastic lifestyle, investments around the world, billionaires from numerous legal and illegal ventures. These people, much like the growing high class of China, will not risk all that for Iran or even anyone. As I said with Libya, as long as their investments are protected, publicly they will condemn any attack, behind closed doors they won't care less.

I personally believe that Russia will be more concerned with an influx of refugees, much like China would be if NK was attacked, than getting involved. A few thousand men, a few Spetznaz units, a few fighter jets and helicopters sound to me like a border defence, not a deployment that would actively enter Iran and fight against any attack.

Keep in mind the love for their neighbour that Russia showed when they armed Iraq to the teeth during the Iraq Iran war.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

yet the us and british forces were defeated when they tried to intervene in russian 1918 civil war.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Russian always used scared tactics...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i cant see china and Russia side by side theirs to much history their and the good old ruskies dont forget their history.

As for the Russian Military it showed its hand against Chechnya and when they attacked Georgia
the first one weren't to bad they did hold their own but when they attacked Georgia they showed just how weak their air force is its down the shi**er
and before anyone says about nukes ? if you think about how far down the sewer they armed forces are they just cant project force like they could in the 80's i think it will just be a show of force
plus how can a country say they stand for another country when they have canceled the last 4 arms shipments which was worth a substantial amount of cash to the Russians ?

i can see china having a pop they seem to be desperate to proove themselves in the geo politics in the modern age

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is so so so so bad...... So bad. Does it mean more war? Nothing good can come of this.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I was called paranoid in a thread yesterday for suggesting that the Martin case was stealing the light away from Israel going into Azerbaijan and noting that the Martin story is just like every other non sense story that gets interrupted by war.

Yeah, imagine that. I started a thread on this exact topic. 1 reply so far. lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/11/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
reply to post by bjarneorn

Australia has 6 stars. so we're clearly "special"

Third line!

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
No Matter The Swagger, America would have to an ace in the hole if it is going to make Iran an Issue. One does not just forget that Russia is a nuclear power to rival the U.S. Their wealth didn't get siphoned all away from them, in their fall of communism, it remained in the hands of the military. They also have had 23 years out of the public eye(sore) to exploit technology that America has not.

Dude.... the United States Military "black budget" is probably bigger than the entire Russian military budget.

Russia and China has enough intelligence gathered about our secret weapons to know that they pose very little threat to America.

If we attack Iran Russia ain't gonna do squat.

-Alien

Who gives a "squat" about the US secret weapons? Certainly no country you're attacking and you know why the US wouldn't dare use anything like that again (nuke)? Because the world would turn on them...including their own citizens.

China and Russia's numbers alone would win the war, not to mention they build half of the equipment the US uses.
edit on 11-4-2012 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

The nuke is hardly secret *laughs out loud* (I never said anything about a nuclear exchange either). I'm not going to get into a hypothetical war scenario with you because this is not going to lead to a full scale war with China or Russia.

And as a poster above me mentioned their numbers don't mean anything in a full scale air attack, but anyways thats not the point.

The point is and the fact is the American government will not back down from their position of enforcing Iran's agreements with its fellow UN countries. I agree with this stance.

I'm not for full scale war but I am for strategic bombing of their nuclear weapons manufacturing facilities. Tell your friend Iran to do what they have already agreed to do and there won't be any problems. The UN and Iran have an agreement for a reason........

WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Right, this is so arsed backwards I do not even know where to begin: Iran, an Islamic nation that funds radical Islamic terrorism. Russia, a somewhat Christian nation that is dealing with Islamic terrorists. Sure it may be a relationship of convenience(because of the USA), but Iran cannot help accidentally aiding Russia's enemies. It is bound to happen no matter how careful they are(assuming they are careful).

On top of that, Iran owes Russia a ton of money. This may be part of the 10% that I am wrong about stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if Russia invaded Iran, or if those troops are only there for reasons only privy to Russia and Iran(to pressure Iran to pay up on their debt).

In all seriousness, those troops, if they are there to pressure the West, only serve as a reminder of Russia's nuclear power. As the troops themselves wouldn't be an effective deterrent against a Western invasion or assault against Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Heres a big what if?

What if Russia, unannounced invades Iran and checkmates israel/USA?

Checkmates in the sense that with Russian Troops in Tehran, the neocon attack against Iran will never take place.

To add to that, what if this was a secret deal between Russia and Iran to make it look like a Russian Shock and Awe invasion straight for Tehran?

Put on a show to make it look like Russian occupation for the sake of preserving Iran pretty much the way it is and things would continue "underground" and another Russian puppet leader gets put in place as the leader of Tehran after a year or so of occupation.

It would certainly put a spanner in the works!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Does anyone have other legitimate news sources that prove Russia is amassing troops along the Iranian border? I must be missing something.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Heres a big what if?

What if Russia, unannounced invades Iran and checkmates israel/USA?

Checkmates in the sense that with Russian Troops in Tehran, the neocon attack against Iran will never take place.

To add to that, what if this was a secret deal between Russia and Iran to make it look like a Russian Shock and Awe invasion straight for Tehran?

Put on a show to make it look like Russian occupation for the sake of preserving Iran pretty much the way it is and things would continue "underground" and another Russian puppet leader gets put in place as the leader of Tehran after a year or so of occupation.

It would certainly put a spanner in the works!

That would definitely be something hahaha.

You know it wouldn't be a bad move for Russia if indeed they wanted to strengthen their posture. But I have a feeling that too many ranking people and citizens of Russia welcome democracy.

They will just continue to pay attention to U.S. politics and play it by ear. They thus far have benefited from this and the future looks even better so there is no reason to go to war. They are likely just taking a precautionary measure when beefing up the border..

-Alien

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
******** =) PLEASE READ =) ******

Originally posted by GhostLancer
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is like the classic (and modern) board game called RISK.

Very imaginative speculation. It's good to pre-wargame. If the Russians sent troops into Iran, then the US might divert troops in Afghanistan into Iran. This would be very sticky. Keep in mind that although not in theater, North Korea would surely tag-team with Iran to keep the US on its toes in the Pacific, surely making vast threats to South Korea, Japan and anyone in range. This could be the start of a new Cold War (that might have some flashpoints). Could we be reliving the same plays from classic Cold War playbooks? It seems like every time we humans are on the verge of actually returning to the moon to establish permanent bases/outposts, or planning to actually send ourselves to Mars and other worlds (in person), we get embroiled in WAR. Instead of spending billions on exploration, colonization and discovery... we spend that money on WAR.

Are we truly ready to move on to the stars? From the looks of it, we will destroy ourselves before we ever become a Type I civilization.

It is as if there is a greater intelligence playing us like a real-time strategy video game. And that game's title is:

"THERE WILL BE WAR."

This is so so TRUE! I have said something very similar to this before.

Are we ever going to get along? Are we always going to make war with each other until finally one day we completely destroy our selves?

The problem is there is not enough compassion. Greed has infested us like a demon possession that spreads from nation to nation and people to people over thousands of years and indeed throughout mans entire existence with no end in sight.

It seems as if we humans are being played like pawns in some sadistic game of the Gods. No one man can save us Jesus has proven that, Muhammad has proven that. We as a group need to grow up. We need to rely on EVERYONE not just a few. EVERYONE needs to help everyone not just a few helping everyone.

We have so much growing up to do as a species but this has been true for so long now! Our position in the moral ladder /spiritual ladder has remained the same throughout our entire existence!

What the hell is going on!? We think we see the problems but do we really? Can anyone really explain the true depth of the totality of our situation?

Russia's beefing up of its border is not a big deal, it is to be expected. So many of these war scenarios you guys have posted are very real possibilities and any one of them can be expected. These thoughts of yours, this thinking process isn't so far from your fellow man leading these countries no? After all we are all human. I see no Gods here. The Aliens are too busy laughing at our stupidity/feeding off our hate/fear/stealing our love, or just doing their best with us. Letting us work out our own problems while they just monitor us enough so that we don't nuke each other and that's about it. The many sightings of them at our nuclear facilities says this.

Wake as much people up as you can guys, I guess that's all we can do. Maybe our awakening will go viral, that would be the very first worthwhile thing gone viral !!

-Alien

edit on 4/12/2012 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Are you guys kidding? If Russia or China wanted USA dead they would be? Common. Government in general is so much ahead in technology from what we see. There is no way USA would pick a fight (or any country) with another that would beat them in battle (exception for North Korea).

Some game theory: (from globalfirepower.com)

USA
Total Aircraft: 18,234
Serviceable Airports: 15,097

VS

China
Total Aircraft: 5,176
Serviceable Airports: 502

Russia
Total Aircraft: 2,749
Serviceable Airports: 1,213

I wont even go to naval ships.

Point being, America is warmed up already for this war. Gears of industry for USA will kick back in.
Think, only 2000 bombs dropped on airporst. We dropped twice that in the Shock and Awe campaign.

Also, don't act like NATO wouldn't be involved backing USA and Israel. Who has an army in oil country? USA planned this all along.

Over population = Need for War.

(I am not going to get into China insane economic collapse if we cancel our treasuries, food is another issue for them)

Edit: World war would never happen, just skirmishes in other countries. Too many nukes and crashed economies make it very hard to have full blow world war type stuff.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Thrax because: adding final thought

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why is it everyone here thinks Russia and China would have no issues taking down the two most battle hardened militaries. I hate to break it to everyone but a Nato/Israel vs Russia/China would have no winners. China could call in US debt all it wants but in a war the US wouldn't care and the world economy would be so devastated that it wouldn't matter. All they could really do is fire off nukes or invade Europe, neither country has an effective way to move its military to US soil.

In the end all parties involved including many not involved would have their economies/infrastructure destroyed and most of their people would be starving to death. Imports for everyone would come to a halt, no oil, no food, and no supplies would be going anywere.

Think about the real losers of this war. any oil producing country would be decimated by one side trying to prevent the other from recieving oil. Eastern/central Europe would take the brunt of conventional warfare any small country that is dependent on imports to feed their people would be screwed. Taiwan would be wiped out. North Korea would invade South Korea. China would invade Vietnam, and the Philippines.

China and Russia would be hard pressed to get their militaries to US soil, not to mention keeping an army that big supplied would be impossible, ask Napolean and Hittler what happens to armies that try and invade Russian territory. Large land masses with horrible weather and very patriotic citizens never work out well for anyone.

So everyone here wishing Russia and China would rescue the world from the US think about what you are wishing for, it would either be a long drawn out war were most of it would be fought in other peoples backyards with huge death tolls on all sides, or it will be fast, ending in a huge flash. In the end if we don't cook the world with nukes all this war will accomplish is to carve up Europe, the Middle east and southeast Asia again.

If you think Russia and China have the best interest of the Iranian people in mind think again, its about resources. China needs Iranian Oil and Russia doesn't like the idea of the US controlling another oil rich country that close to their border.

If Israel attacks Iran the only reason Russia would move troops through georgia would be to keep out refuges or pressure the US to control Israel and ensure the US doesn't deploy ground troops. If Russia planned on going to war with US/Nato over this they would deploy their troops to eastern europe.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Very true, but again, this was due to the division of the allied forces as well as the minimal amount of units used, as opposed to Russia's military capability. Also, coming off of a global conflict I'm sure had its factors in the reduced capability of the allied forces. I am sure had the efforts of the allied forces been more focused and determined, the outcome would've been different. All you need to do is look at the success of the relative small forces that occupied parts of Russia to see how that could've been easily increased. The allied forces never wished for a total invasion, it was more to help the White Army, so many of the force's occupations and gained territories were then halted and turned defensive.

What you have to look at is the present. Russia's military is shot and as messed up as the West is, Britain and America's military alone is still combined the greatest combined military force in the world. The American military alone is the greatest military force on the planet. So, although intervention in a Civil War almost 100 years ago did not go to plan, an all out war today or certainly a similar scenerio, would most certainly massively favour the West. Again, I stand by that it will be more about the West and what they want, than what Russia could do to stop it. I am definately of the opinion that unless Russia is invaded, nothing will happen because nothing can happen. If it wasn't for Russia's nuclear arsenal I would not even rate their defensive capability.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

seems you do not know about their biological ,psychotronic/geophysical/scalar and civil defence/underground complex-city capability.

Russia kicked West's rear thrice .In Russian civil war,in ww2 ,in korean war.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm glad to see Russia standing up for Iran, against the bullying, zionist, U.S. government and I hope that other countries join Russia and send a clear message to the parasites in Washington D.C.. Enough is enough. And Russia and other countries need to enter into palestine and help those people liberate themselves from this very same evil. If the U.S. gov. are so worried about another country getting nuclear weapons then they would've stopped India, Pakistan, Israel, North Korea and all the others who posess such weapons. It's just zionist propoganda to destroy a country that will never agree with Israel and Iran is the last thing standing in the zionists way. I love my country(America), but I despise the evil that has taken control over her and using the goyim to do the zionists dirty work. Everytime I see the news media 'thanking' the soldiers I clinch my fists at how 'they' have the nerve to thank the non-human heathens for their contributions of evil for 'the chosen'. It's sickening.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join