It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
I'm a tour director.

Today we were touring Wall Street and you can't even walk up to the bull anymore and rub him for good luck. It's cordoned off and a policeman sits there all day in his police car two feet away to make sure no one hops the fence and touches the bull. Seriously? Even the bull----? Has someone made a terrorist threat against the bull? We've been walking by that bull on tour for a dozen years, but alas, it's been off limits for months now. It looks ridiculous behind its steel fences, like a bull in a zoo.

It takes hours to get in and see the new 9/11 memorial fountains. It takes hours to see the Statue of Liberty.

I'm in NYC every day, I walk right passed the Bull....W-T-Heck are you talking about? Just yesterday I saw a bunch of chinese kids taking pictures right in front of the Bull.. - you can't climb on it, but you can take pictures right next to it....

You are full of crap....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If you want to get smacked with a night stick check out lebanon pa the town where judges can overturn plea agreements and try you again for the same crime you have already been serving time on.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Wow. unbelievable. The amount of dirt I purchased (40 lb bags) was barely enough to go around the foundation of the house. If people are truly being "checked out" for something like this we have definitely moved into an age of paranoia. I may have changed my mind. Maybe the police state has arrived.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Would you rather live free and die in a terrorist attack or live a long life devoid of freedom? I think a lot of Americans need to really ponder this question.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You will need a police state in the USA because you have an occupation force in case none of you noticed and thats the zionist bankers that have the politicians on the payroll and your millitary is already being used as the private play toy for Israel to punch above its weight.

I'm not sure if americans have a death wish or are just cowards because for all any of you know Iran might have biological agents that they can deploy inside the USA and don't pretend the state can save you when it's already spending 1000X more on fighting war for Israel then it spends at home on treating cancer.

Some fools here talk about fighting and winning Russia and China if they defend Iran well fight that one any way you like and see if your economy can stand it or if you are in with even a slight chance of winning.

Americans need to remove the banking cancer from its shore and the puppet strings from AIPAC or face certain death, its up to you if you wanna die for gods special people that are more facist than 1930's Germany or take out the cancer.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TZela

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent and, despite what my avatar implies, I do not feel I am above being exceptionally thick at times and so at the risk of sounding like a moron what exactly is so dangerous about dirt and twine?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There really is no question that the Police State has arrived on our shores. The question remains what to do about it.

OP, you may well have stumbled upon a significant chink in their armor. Surely the travel and tourism industry has some sort of representative group responsible for protecting its interests. One would think that some sort of legal action could be taken against the TSA charging restraint of trade or something similar.

It might deserve a little research.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

I my self would roll the dice than give up freedom, this is just the beginning of what is to come. "Those who give up freedom in the name of security deserve neither freedom or security" that should be our motto not "DHS/TSA is there for you" or "see something say something" but then the "P"act and NDDA are here to stay.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman
Would you rather live free and die in a terrorist attack or live a long life devoid of freedom? I think a lot of Americans need to really ponder this question.

I would definitely take my chances with being killed in a terror attack than take my chances at being worked to death in some government labor camp ...

Governments have killed over 100 million of their own citizens in the last century alone. How many have terrorist killed?

Governments and their thirst for power I find much more frightening than terrorist - especially considering that most of the terrorist were invented by the government just for the purpose of getting more power ...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
If you want to get smacked with a night stick check out lebanon pa the town where judges can overturn plea agreements and try you again for the same crime you have already been serving time on.

Judges have never been required to accept plea agreements. Prosecutor and defense attorneys do not determine what the sentence will be. A judge does. A plea agreement is not binding until a judge accepts it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
People somehow think it's getting better, or that more people are awake, more than ever before. I think it's the complete opposite. It seems people are just burying their head in the sand even further.

Still, the justification, apologies and excuses continue. When all you can do to respond is say something along the lines of, "At least we're not North Korea.", then maybe it's time you just get off the computer, because your ignorance has achieved an unholy level.

Also, I see the usual suspects (who never ever leave) are still trolling and being ridiculous. Like clockwork. Though I really shouldn't expect much from people with government jobs, or sociopaths that need to troll and attempt to humiliate others, otherwise the vampires don't get enough and they die and/or kill themselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRea317
reply to post by poloblack

I fully agree. This past winter I recall a time I went to the bank (PNC) whom I have had an account with for 5 years now. Its snowing outside so I have on my Leather Coat and my Beanie to keep my head warm. As soon as I walk in an Officer standing guard walks up to me and says, " sir you need to take that hat off." I'm thinking are you serious I'm really cold, and i should be able to leave a hat on if I want to. But I had to take it off for "Security Reasons" They are turning this country into a police state, one little rule at a time..and camera's, and taps, and satellites.

Your bank can require you to take your hat off if it wants to. Not a police issue; a bank policy issue. You, have the right to change banks if you don't like it. It's the no shirt/no shoes rule. I suppose that is police state as well?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

lol your right but when the deal is accepted its supposed to be a done deal instead with no new evidence or anything breaking the judge decided after the fact that said guys punishment wasnt good enough so he is going back to trial. Usually plea deals are made with the DA office and said offender never has to see a judge for trial. I will get you a link if you like.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm in Canada, but if you think it's bad in the United States, you need to pay a visit to London, England.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
It is extremely easy to live in America you're whole life and not experience any "police state". Just don't break the law. I've managed to somehow do it for 35 years (and counting). Don't do illegal things people! I don't have any family members or friends who have been in prison. It isn't hard. Common sense is required though.

It depends on where you live, too. Cities have much more of a police state environment than rural areas. That's pretty much true with most police states, but when the gestapo wants to make the drive, they'll come knocking no matter where you live.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

That's exactly what I was trying to figure out too. It seemed like the employees at the hardware store were overly concerned about why I was buying these items. Like I said perhaps it was a random thing. LOOkingGlass posted that I would be checked out for buying 20 bags of dirt. If that's true then things are getting crazy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Too abstract for this thread. Erased.

Rammstein - Amerika says it all. Alien Abduct

edit on 4/10/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

We have swapped places with the Russians, as they enjoy freedom and a booming economy we are putting up walls and surveillance cameras.
Exactly how I see it and most think Im nuts. We okay-ed this starting with the "Patriot act" andhave turned a blind eye to giving up our freedoms in the name of privacy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman

C) Live a long life devoid of government oppression AND terrorist attacks.

If we get rid of big government and the big war machine, we can have both.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by JRea317
reply to post by poloblack

I fully agree. This past winter I recall a time I went to the bank (PNC) whom I have had an account with for 5 years now. Its snowing outside so I have on my Leather Coat and my Beanie to keep my head warm. As soon as I walk in an Officer standing guard walks up to me and says, " sir you need to take that hat off." I'm thinking are you serious I'm really cold, and i should be able to leave a hat on if I want to. But I had to take it off for "Security Reasons" They are turning this country into a police state, one little rule at a time..and camera's, and taps, and satellites.

Your bank can require you to take your hat off if it wants to. Not a police issue; a bank policy issue. You, have the right to change banks if you don't like it. It's the no shirt/no shoes rule. I suppose that is police state as well?

Yes the bank can do that - its their prerogative. But there is an attitude of fear and security that is getting to the point of bordering on hysteria. It's ridiculous and it's unwarranted.

Does removing the beanie prevent bank robberies? Would a bank robber rob the bank but remove the beanie cause its the banks policy? Do bank robbers care about bank policies?

Do ordinary customers suddenly become bank robbers because they wear beanies or hats?

Will the bank policy make anyone safe? Or does it just intimidate or harass people ...

BTW I wear a hat in my bank all the time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join