It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is what happened after OWS. Get a bunch of angry percenters, they would have done something nasty to that Wall Street icon. Melted it down for scrap? It is strange that you are angry that your tourists making their pilgrimage to the bull can't do their worship.

New York City is a police state. Not the whole country. That city is full of tracking, tracing, and surveillance that is unheard of in other multimillion people cities in the USA. So packed that a foreigner can get lost in the crowd, and history has proven, a lot of foreigners love the tall buildings... to detonate. Not just the twin tower final incident, but for decades prior, terrorist threats were happing more frequently in New York than in other places.

DC is the captial of the country. Do you suppose people would be plotting to attack the city famous for the world's largest peanut? No, they have the bloodlust, they want to hurt big boss types, who happen to live in big cities, like New York and DC, to make the big power plays and the big money.

Have you not heard of drug trafficking yet? Or human trafficking? Or espionage? Or illegal immigration? Lots of "tourists" come into the country to do bad business. Just a road trip can actually be just smuggling someone in from another country with a faked or stolen passport. Or entering the country to smuggle someone, something, or some money out. And now, for the spin for corrupted parts of America, the searching is to make sure you and your tourist group are not the corruption's competition coming in. Plenty of "citizens" are not citizens, but fakers, thanks to that corruption.

It's not a police state yet. Police states run like a fine tuned machine, where citizens rat out their own immediately, without the use of special tools. It's just a corrupt state using technology right now. With the sort of crowds a tour director brings in, I'm surprised that the security agencies haven't contacted you directly yet to keep in touch with them, for the nation to keep up with your complaint of a police state.

Look on the bright side. You have a passport with a history to depart the place before it does become a true police state forbidding you to leave in an international crisis.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mactheaxe
....so how can we do anything about it when we the citizens are calling people names, disagreeing, and just fail to see EACHOTHER'S point?

You can see the other's point and still disagree. You're suggesting that if you see an opposite point of view, you automatically agree with it? Nope.

the problem isnt whether or not to put up security, the question is what can change so we dont need security.

How about the government? Throw everyone out and start fresh, and instill into the new representatives their explicit role as advocates for the people, not for corporations or special interests.

Hey, a guy can dream.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Shill...much?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
2 Facts

You are more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

The TSA is indirectly responsible for 500 deaths a year because many people simply refuse to fly and wind up killed in car accidents.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes, lets all take it DEEP!! As we move toward a NWO! I am so tired of this crap. I have to go watch funny cartoon shows now... At least I can still escape with my telly! LOL!!! Fu$k! I hope we ALL awake before we find its all too late!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckMFd
The TSA is indirectly responsible for 500 deaths a year because many people simply refuse to fly and wind up killed in car accidents.

If that's what you call "indirectly responsible", then every person and every event that has ever happened in any person's life is indirectly responsible for that person's death, as each person and event would have changed them in some slight way.

You hear that? That's the sound of a bunch of straws being grasped.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Oh one thought to add here tonight..... The revolution will be televised! Like dancing with the stars or Americas funniest home videos,,only it's us that will get it in the nutz! ( NOT UNLIKE THAT SHOW!)Take it deep Amerika! The United States of complacency! I personally am getting close to just laffing as we all debate and argue on this lil peice o the net. Phage? what do you think? I mean, of all this crap? Oh crap Im on the blue list now or the red list! I thought we would advance but clearly we are sliding to something .....something not good! Sorry guys just a bit frustrated tonight! Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeloss1111
Oh one thought to add here tonight..... The revolution will be televised! Like dancing with the stars or Americas funniest home videos,,only it's us that will get it in the nutz! ( NOT UNLIKE THAT SHOW!)Take it deep Amerika! The United States of complacency! I personally am getting close to just laffing as we all debate and argue on this lil peice o the net. Phage? what do you think? I mean, of all this crap? Oh crap Im on the blue list now or the red list! I thought we would advance but clearly we are sliding to something .....something not good! Sorry guys just a bit frustrated tonight! Peace.

I know, right? Me too. I'm all "Oh noes! The sky of America is falling!" But no one's listening, man, you dig? I mean, what are we gonna do about all this--

Wait, hold up. There's an update for Angry Birds I gotta go grab real quick. Then it's back to the revolution, man, you dig?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
USA has issues but it isn't really a police state, sure it could be eventually but it isn't there yet. North Korea is a police state, USA is nothing like it. If it were, all of us on here would be sent to a labor camp already.

"Within the next generation I believe that the world's rulers will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I live in mississippi. Here the county sheriff's deputies have totally thrown out our rights of land ownership and now use any search warrant they have to search your property without showing you the warrant. one did that to me the other day and also arrested me for not behaving an officer of the law(I HAD THE GALL TO ASK TO SEE THE WARRANT). also I was arrested without my rights being read to me. and injuried by the law officer who put the cuffs on so tight that my wrists was bleeding when he let me go outside of the jail(yes actually let me go outside so no one could see my injuries and I couldn't speak to the day lead deputy incharge. Ps you cant talk to or call the sheriff in this county.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

By way of your logic, there is absolutely no reason for cruise liners to have lifeboats aboard or run evacuation drills. No reason for airlines to point out the escape doors. See what I mean?

Not my logic - FACT. And you're comparing apples to oranges. Your argument misses the fact that the perceived enemy - in this case - is NOT really a threat, but rather an excuse to take away peoples rights.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if something has been added to the water to pacify all of us. Could floride do that? I read regular filters or the cheap ones will not filter out flouride.

It seems like most have been pacified. They are aware of major problems but don't want to do anything about it and just hope things get fixed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The op is tragically spot on. We have lost all but the illusion and propaganda of real freedom. If the founders would have known what we would do with their sacrifice, they would have just said "screw it!"

edit on 11-4-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Would it help if I told you we were trying to limit and discourage people from spending too much time in other people's countries and moving there and taking their stuff and spreading their diseases?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Good God. Enough.

Those of you whining about losing all real freedoms, please.

Go to a country that truly is a police state. Go someplace where the cops can throw your ass in jail, no calls to lawyers, can sentence you, no jury. Can take away your electricity, your water supply, your livelihood, with zero explanation.

If you're sitting here right now complaining about how bad it is in America, then you have absolutely no idea of how bad it truly could be. Your problem is one of perspective.

America isn't perfect. Hell no. There are scary things that have happened since 9/11. Sure. But America is still fundamentally America. Sorry to rain on your weird, creepy conspiracy fetishes, but we're still the best damned game around.

Honestly. I get really tired of hearing so many so-called patriots bitch and moan about a country they supposedly love so damned much. The very fact that you can sit here, night after night, dreaming up whatever fantasies you wish about how fascist America has become, is the very proof that it isn't any of those things!

The best any of you have is extremely loose conjecture based upon a giant Orwellian "what if" that "may" happen "sometime" in the future. Because we get patted down at the airport. Because one of you saw a flatbed transporting military vehicles. Because hillbilly cops sometimes fabricate reasons to pull you over.

Here's a novel idea. Here's a real game changer for you. Here's some truly subversive thinking. Try dealing with reality for a change. Try living in the here and now for a moment.

Try appreciating for one friggin' day what you DO have, all the freedoms you DO enjoy. Try looking around you at all the great things this country DOES provide and how good you DO have it.

I know. Weird, huh?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You must be one of the paid shills for this website.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by popcornery

Shill...much?

Can you even define the word 'shill' without looking it up? A difference of opinion does not make someone a 'shill', 'disinfo agent', 'troll' or 'imbecile'. America is not a police state.

Too many ATS members see a word, think it will make them sound smart, then use it. Look how many idiots on this site say 'sheeple'.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan
You must be one of the paid shills for this website.

What's funny is, the predictable responses that come from the majority here on ATS whenever someone disagrees with their "unpopular" opinions reminds me of the very fascism they bitch about so often.

Life is funny that way, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Could floride do that? I read regular filters or the cheap ones will not filter out flouride.

Well maybe. You misspelled 'fluoride' two different ways in two sentences... What are you drinking?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

tell that to the cops that slam you into car hoods and onto pavement tell the judge because your police are right they are cleaning up the streets, im an 8yr marine corps vet **** them they made an enemy **** them there judges and their courts, they will not be so lucky if they decide to charge me with a non proveable (discretionary) chrage again **** them what they did to me I hate them I used to believe in these ppl I ******g hate them after what they did to me **** them
edit on 11-4-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join