It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 US and GCC War Planes in MASSIVE Operation in the Gulf Region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

TOP STORIES
Big US-Arab Gulf air force exercise draws Iranian warning to stop at once.

At least 200 American and Arab Gulf fighter-bombers thundered overhead Sunday, April 8 at the outset of the biggest air force exercise ever conducted in the Gulf region. They are simulating war with Iran and an operation for reopening the strategic Straits of Hormuz if it is closed by Tehran.

www.israelinewsnow.com...
www.european-freedom-initiative.org...:-200-us-a-arab-aircraft-practise-war-with-iran&catid=50:wo rld-news-middle-east&Itemid=74

That's a major show of force. Iran must have those American ACC's within the fleets under 24 hour watch for any activity + know the capability of those state-of-the-art jets. I understand the leverage this gives the US/UN but it's aggravating surrounding nation. Who knows how many other countries subs are in the Persian Gulf now.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Gad ,they are so subtle aren't they?I think they'll wait until after the US election.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sabre rattling and muscle flexing...

If/when this thing pops off it's going to be a blood bath - for both sides...
You think Iraq & Afghanistan are bad...you ain't seen nothing yet

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Oh! LOOK THERES BIBI AGAIN!

I could swear he...

No! He didnt! ...oh he did!

Get the hell outta there US... always falling for the same trick
edit on 9-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

TOP STORIES
Big US-Arab Gulf air force exercise draws Iranian warning to stop at once.

At least 200 American and Arab Gulf fighter-bombers thundered overhead Sunday, April 8 at the outset of the biggest air force exercise ever conducted in the Gulf region. They are simulating war with Iran and an operation for reopening the strategic Straits of Hormuz if it is closed by Tehran.

www.european-freedom-initiative.org...:-200-us-a-arab-aircraft-practise-war-with-iran&catid=50:wo rld-news-middle-east&Itemid=74

That's a major show of force. Iran must have those American ACC's within the fleets under 24 hour watch for any activity + know the capability of those state-of-the-art jets. I understand the leverage this gives the US/UN but it's aggravating surrounding nation. Who knows how many other countries subs are in the Persian Gulf now.

From www.israelinewsnow.com...
"TOP STORIES A Friendship Dating to 1976 Resonates in 2012 The two young men had woefully little in common: one was a wealthy Mormon from Michigan, the other a middle-class Jew from Israel. But in 1976, the lives of Mitt Romney and Benjamin Netanyahu intersected, briefly but indelibly, in the 16th-floor offices of the Boston Consulting Group, where both had been recruited as corporate advisers."

I don't about the authenticity of DEBKAfiles , but it's the root story was pulled and reported on, by
www.european-freedom-initiative.org...
Here is a quote "They are simulating war with Iran and an operation for reopening the strategic Straits of Hormuz if it is closed by Tehran. DEBKAfile's military sources report that 100 of the warplanes took off from the USS Enterprise and USS Abraham Lincoln which are cruising with their strike groups opposite Iranian shores. The Saudi, UAE, Kuwaiti and Bahraini air forces contributed the other 100.

In an unprecedented show of military solidarity with the US, Bahrain, which hosts the US Fifth Fleet High Command, was also chosen by Gulf Cooperation Council – GCC - members for their unified exercise headquarters to be located at the Shaikh Isa Air Base.

Tehran was being told that neither the Obama administration nor the Gulf Arab governments were deterred by its threats of retaliation against emirates placing bases at the disposal of foreign forces for an attack on Iran."

This just grabs you by the collar and screams " vote for Ron Paul!"
edit on 10-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A great big amen to that last.....................
The whole stupidity is not going to be a re run of gulf 2..........iraq..or afghanistan.
The Iranis are no push over despite their antiquated arms....and homemade missiles....
We are taking big chances with such a huge airforce in the air at once over such a sensitive area....Iran will statr its battle with a mssive missile salvo.......this could be considered a foolish provocation or it could be mistaken by the Iranis for the real thing......they will act preemptively if they feel attack is imminent dont doubt it.........

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well, those are some large displays of force and I am sure the reporters this was done for are properly impressed. 200. Golly. Now that is a bunch of airplanes.

You know the problem I see here...and it's just a tiny little glitch in the Matrix, I'm sure.
When we lose one of those planes, our next closest replacement is 10,000+ miles away. Iran just has to pick up the phone and order some more SAM's loaded up to restock the battery for the next salvo....or Order some planes ferried down from the Tehran area. Our force is great....but oh so precious in number.

I hope they are still as superior to everything else on the battlefield as we're all being told they are. It would be a real bad day to lose 100 planes in one sorte because some idiot didn't properly estimate Iran's AA capabilities. I don't trust this Admin to even care, let alone have the skill to push for those answers or just not go at all without them.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
debka has a tendency to stretch the truth to say the least. Here are some other sources

Basic Liaison Drill 2012 Bahrain

www.google.com... ews-cc.12..43j43i400.1626l1626l0l2471l1l1l0l0l0l0l303l303l3-1l1l0.
edit on 9-4-2012 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep, 200 is not that big of a force overall...unless they were all in formation as they flew over the press box.

But 200 aircraft (which we know can be plussed up from the available forces in Afghanistan and Kuwait) is not a whole lot of aircraft to cover the entirety of Iran. There is just to many targets and acreage for 200 to cover.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Can someone please inform me of the end date for this exercise ? I feel that from Friday onwards the game and the world is about to change on several front's.There will be a incident.Two of three front's will go one shortly after the other and the third will soon follow creating a forth.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Could I trouble you to explain why Friday as a start date for when you think anything can happen? Is there something special in this time of unusual things that stands out as extra special about Friday?

new topics

top topics

join