It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games that disapoint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Lol, I mean I beat Skyrim, and I did enjoy it, but compared to the other ones it fell short.

Compared to a lot of other games out these days, it's definitely a good game.

I loved MGS4 haha

I love all the MGS games (at least the numbered ones). I think most gamers have a soft spot for certain games, and MGS is mine, lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

the thing that made mgs4 feel less like a mgs was the gun buying thing and the new cyborg ninja.
the ray vs rex fight was awesome though.
still a great game but still a step in the wrong direction for mgs imo.
cant wait for them to make mgs5, not too fussed about this raiden rising thing.
edit on 16/4/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Another franchise that I play that has gone down in quality is one that has been discussed in many threads is the COD series. First they kind of wore out the WW2 setting for their games. Then when they decided to go modern they made COD 4 pretty good. MW2 was a bit of a letdown but MW3 was just junk. I wont go into a tirade about it because I have already dont so on a couple of other threads but anyway it was junk. Another was fallout new vegas. I played fallout 3 and loved it but when I got New Vegas thru gamefly i was very disapointed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Shaowrun For the Xbox.

That IP had a really good following back in the day of pen and paper, And they turned it into a FPS with no story or Role playing what so ever.

I still have my books too
Yeah i'm old

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I used to run a forum called Golden Sun Odyssey which had a PvP version of the battle system & custom weapons. So I pretty much know the GS series in and out lol (minus Dark Dawn). I also know that the character in your avatar is named: Alex.

I recommend going back to the titles you missed out from earlier generations.

It also depends on what games you are looking for, and most of my suggestions are story based titles and they are meant to be a story based experience.

If you haven't already given the original Deus Ex (or if your in the mood for a fresh new release: Deus EX: HR is a decent choice)

And if your looking for a crazy plot with a mixture of game-play elements, NIER is one of my most recommended titles despite being poorly rated by mainstream gaming websites.

If you want a mix of great game-play and great plot Xenoblade is also a recent title you can pick up.
I'd argue that Xenogears is the better experience since its much more story orienty but the gameplay wins in Xenoblade.

Unfortuantely I can't give any suggestions for games like baldurs gate unless you consider planescape torment a title you'd want to give a go. It's a 1998 title and its one of the most renowned titles in competition with Xenogears as the game with the best plot. Planescape torment runs on Dungeon and Dragons mechanics despite being plot oriented. You can pick it up on GOG.com for about $10.
edit on 6-5-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Save your money everyone. The big day approaches and the release we've been waiting for is almost here. After YEARS..and..ahem..YEARS...It's ALMOST here! I can hear the dungeons creaking and the battle axes swinging. mmm.....

Diablo III ... May 15th.
I believe someone mentioned making a point of playing among ATS members. Lets all remember and make that happen! My wife and I will be ready with our copies. No question!

If Diablo III disappoints, I will effectively give up on the gaming industry.

Been waiting too long for this one.

3 days left

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Old Republic.

It cost 300 million bucks to make the game. It's horrible.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
my bro played the heck out of that game but I could never really get into it. Personally i found it too slow and boring.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Gonna say GTA IV.

Perhaps it was all the hype and anticipation of being the PS3s first real title from Rockstar, but I just didn't get into it the way I did with Vice City and San Andreas. For one, the hyper-reality sucked, especially when driving, whereas San Andreas had that kind of comical stance that wasn't mired in physics so much.

I finished it once, before my original PS3 died a horrible death. Didn't bother with it a second time.

And just for the record, Assassin's Creed Revelations is a bit of a disappointment too, given the awesome ideas of the previous 3.

Time will tell (hopefully) if GTA V and AC3 gain back that edge.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Vice city was classic I really enjoyed that game. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was for 360 so I could collect the achievements haha. Never played san andreas so cant rate that one. And I have to agree. I hope and pray that AC3 makes up for the shoddy outing of revelations.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

San Andreas was the best of the lot imo. Just the scope of the game made it for me. You could go from city to country and back, fly jets, go from forest to deserts. I got about 8 months total gaming out of that game, well worth it's money.

I just wonder sometimes if these newer games can't live up to the hype because of that. They are plugged and plugged, and then fall short just because the anticipation they create does not match up to the gameplay.

The idea of the GTA series to me is not mired in reality, and I think they tried to do that too much with number 4.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

the main problem with gta4 for me was the boring story and characters. not being able to buy houses kinda sucked too.
loved the physics though, i hope the gameplay isn't changed in gta5, just tweeked to improvement.
LatD and TBoGT were fun additions to gta4, not boring at all.

san andread still is the best though. gta5 better have some BMXs because i took great joy in bunny hopping over cop cars and rolling dangerously fast down the mountain.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
MW 2 and 3. The call of duty series has turned into complete dross.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am still trying to figure out if I loved Mass Effect 3, or was horribly disappointed.
I have opposing views about it overall.

I have lots of complaints, lots of gripes, but if someone asked me what game they should get, I would instantly recommend the whole mass effect franchise, all 3 of them, play em in order 4 times over...

I think I am trying to decide if the last 15 minutes was brilliant, or horrible overall...I keep shifting back and forth...all depending on..well, depending on where they take it from this point on and the greater context of what we are seeing at the end.

Will see what ME4 is all about I guess to finally decide if ME3 was a amazing end, or a total crapfest.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Sounds pretty interesting. I may have to check it out. I still have my old xbox it works but is just collecting dust and i could prob pick san andreas up for cheap.

Currintly I am playing Saints Row the Third. It is fun, A little wacky but fun, pretty solid story and alot added on. It is kind of around the same lines of the GTA series but better in my oponion I have played every instalation of the game.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

GTA 4 felt kind of constricting to me as well and didnt really allow too much extra stuff in the game which is kind of boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join