It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 3,000 Dead Dolphin carcasses wash up ashore - Peru April 2012 - Sonic Death Blasts? or what..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There is something wrong with this story

I can't tell what it is, but something is missing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What about radiation? Didn't Fukushima have a spill? Wasn't there radioactive water that was released into the ocean. I read a report that the water would be reaching Hawaii but these dolphins may have come into contact with the contaminated water and it affected them. I know the reports say the contaminated water will not reach Hawaii till 2014 but wasn't there a report today that toxic kelp is washing up in California?

edit on 10-4-2012 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Military sonar has also been accused of causing wide-spread harm and death to sealife, and a case has been taken to the Supreme Court over that, but in this specific instance, with the death of these 3,000 dolphins (after the earlier deaths of 600 in this same area), it's caused by the deep water sonar from oil researchers.

NRDC: Lethal Sounds
The use of military sonar poses a deadly threat to whales and other marine mammals

But this contrasts sharply with how the Deep water sonar works - which is from an air gun towed at low speeds behind a survey ship and emit high-intensity, low-frequency sound waves to find geological layers. It has been claimed it is 1,400 times louder than a jet engine underwater, and compared to listening to dynamite for days on end.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (the same guys that were guilty of accepting bribes in exchange for turning a blind eye to lax regulations in the BP gulf oil spill) has even acknowledged how damaging this type of sonar is, asking oil explorers not to use it in the gulf during calving season for young dolphins, but of course this was only a request. The company using the sonar in the gulf which has also resulted in dolphin deaths is Global Geophysical Services Inc.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well, if that is the case, lets see about getting some attention around about the fact this sonar is mounted on the ships and being used.

I hadn't gotten the impression that any single cause had been confirmed and proven to be the one to blame. If that is actually the case though, by all means, that would be the kind of thing I'd like to see school kids on field trips into the U.N. Building for on a regular basis. The world's oceans would most properly come under THAT jurisdiction I suppose..since there really isn't one in international waters.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
CNN just had a story about this.
Seems almost 900 have washed up since mid February.
Not beaching themselves, they are DOA.

Something sure is going on, not sure what tho.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
"acoustic blasts" by oil companies searching for MORE oil

so the pelican deaths are being attributed to anchovy unavailability in unseasonably warm waters...

but the dead dolphins!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join