It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 3,000 Dead Dolphin carcasses wash up ashore - Peru April 2012 - Sonic Death Blasts? or what..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
already for 2012 in only 3 full months so far, apparently over 3,000 dolphins have washed up ashore dead along Peru beaches.

the first few hundred dolphins washed up on the shores in February, but quickly since then, they have been washing up in bigger and bigger dead heards of carcasses.

Environmentalists are so far stumped as to what could be the cause, Perú 21 reports. One theory is that powerful waves caused by oil exploration ships could have resulted in internal damage for the mammals.

one striking peculiarity observed has been internal bleeding, which hints at investigating whether some sort of "sonic blast" caused the tissue damage present, or what.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How horrible! It was a few days ago I believe someone was reporting over 600 in one beaching incident. Over 3,000 total? Well.... Something has the Dolphins scared witless. Literally. What is out there in the Ocean....or up from the Ocean floor (Geology) that has them so spooked in such enormous numbers???

I recall from the last story having looked and found Dolphins in groups to account for 600 beaching at once to be common enough. Not the beaching, but the numbers they travel in. 3,000?? Umm... Houston, we got a problem!

Perhaps some environmental ships need to relocate to that area with their own civilian grade sonar and start listening from different spots. The Gov's don't seem interested in sharing whatever they know or if they're causing it with cutting edge Sonar. These numbers are getting....concerning. Not panic time..but far too many to laugh off if these numbers are accurate. Wow.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

it seems to me that most US MSM are porpoisely under-reporting the death toll, because USA may (also) be involved in or contributing to this growing ongoing massacre:

"It is a horrifying thought that these dolphins would die in agony over a prolonged period if they were impacted by sonic blast," an statement obtained by MSNBC.

U.S. has paused similar acoustic testing for fear that it was having a fatal impact on the dolphin population.

In addition to the dolphins, MSNBC reported thousands of anchovies have also been found dead on Peruvian beaches.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
latino.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Guess they're not as smart as we thought they where...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
we're the dumb ones, destroying the whole planet in this amped up global RUSH for OIL.

morbidly smoking gun:

edit on 9-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

You know, it's the fact they ARE so highly intelligent that bothers me so much about these stories. Birds falling from the air is interesting but not concerning to me. Birdbrain is a term with solid origins. lol... Fish croak all the time and oxygen ratio in the water can and do cause much of that.

These Dolphins though........ It's been just recently stories related right here at ATS have talked extensively about complex language and higher level thinking. The U.S. Navy doesn't try to train fish to locate and interact with 'items of interest' in harbors and other locations. It's Dolphins because they're smart, inquisitive and capable of problem solving on at LEAST the basic levels.

So...what problem has these intelligent creatures running for what they almost certainly KNOW....not just guess...is their own deaths? A bird flying into my window isn't committing suicide by deliberate choice. I have to wonder on these...and WHY?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

You know, sometimes I look out into the world and I am reminded of how great humanity is and how unlimited our potential is. I see the love,compassion,caring,passion,and intelligence in abundance which restores my faith in humanity.

......and then.......I click on this thread.....and there is your response.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I believe the most logical culprit is a methane release from underwater. Has happened before, will happen again. Fits well with global warming, because the methane is trapped under the ocean because of the colder temperatures, as the ocean temp rises, the methane releases

voices.yahoo.com... html

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

How would the relatively brief period pointed to for global warming have changed the temperature of the deep ocean to the point where major balances have already shifted? I'm honestly curious in asking this. Do you have any data sources for temperature changes that are out of trend/currents expected in that region? I'd sure look closer at the whole idea of large scale warming if such temp changes were documented at the deepest points where Methane release might be the result?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think he may be on to something, but possibly more localized than widespread. How many underwater volcanoes are in the Pacific? How many are active right now? It's not unfeasible to theorize that there may have been a methane pocket in the immediate vicinity of an active underwater volcano. The water temperature changes from that volcano could destabilize the water temperatures enough around it to let the methane rise to the surface. Who's to say that couldn't have happened, and that a large number of dolphins happened to be passing by the wrong spot at the absolute worst time? (or several instances, if it's a repeating volcano/methane pattern)
edit on 4/10/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Well, true on that. Volcanic activity is a distinct possibility now that you mention it. The whole Pacific rim and down that line seems to be waking up and becoming more active than normal. I suppose underwater volcanic activity is as possible as anything. No one really has a set up to watch for any of that on a wide spread basis, do they? The sonar networks are all I know of and that's military to get submarines.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The 'culprit' is well known - Big Oil. They're using an extremely powerful deep water sonar to search for oil fields, and it is causing havok

Deep water sonar is killing dolphins by the thousands

At the Organization for the Conservation of Aquatic Animals (ORCA), Peru's leading marine mammal protective organization, scientists say that deep water sonar is the culprit in the mass deaths. Researchers have noticed that none of the dolphins bore marks of trauma on their bodies or showed any signs of poisoning. Instead, they found damage to the dolphins' middle ear bones, a sign of decompression syndrome, which produces a violent and painful death, according to Dr. Carlos Yaipen of ORCA. "An acoustic boom...disorients the animal and produces hemmorhages which cause the animal to end up dying on the beach."

Deep water sonar is employed in the shipping industry and by oil companies in search of undersea petroleum, and the sonar bursts cause damage to animals whose communication frequencies fall in the same range.

Peru: oil industry blamed in mass dolphin die-off

Carlos Yaipen of the Organization for Conservation of Aquatic Animals (ORCA) says he believes use of “marine bubble” technology in offshore oil exploration is responsible. “The oil companies use different frequencies of acoustic waves and the effects produced by these bubbles are not plainly visible, but they generate effects later in the animals,” he told Peru21 newspaper. “That can cause death by acoustic impact, not only in dolphins, but also in marine seals and whales.”

They talk also of the loud, low frequency booming noises attributed to this type of sonar.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Recall the mass deaths of birds? They too suffered severe internal injuries. Coulda been from the collision with earth, fireworks, thunderstorms... .

www.allvoices.com...
www.ctv.ca...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I feel bad for all those Dolphins

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reality is always a bit darker.

maybe they really are leaving.
death is just a transition after all
edit on 10-4-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You know, I appreciate the fact the Oil Companies generally play the Bull in a China Shop approach to the world and the pursuit of their raw materials. Fair on that and why we have regulations to control it. Heck even such places as the Russian Federation and the other authorities around the Caspian Sea regulate them half to death. As it should be for such a dangerous substance when released en masse into the environment.

However... The way you put that makes it sound like a sudden halt to ALL Oil related activity in that region would instantly end to die offs and mass beachings. At the risk of sounding pro-oil..which hey, I DO happen to drive a vehicle that takes gas..so I am to a degree, they aren't the *ONLY* problem out there. One of them? I'll buy that for $100.
I'll just buy a few other problems like Naval Sonar systems, Volcanism, Ocean Currents and the existence of MASSIVE predators out there that may terrify our little friends occasionally. Everyone thought the Giant Squid a myth until the first pieces of bodies washed ashore. Maybe there is a Megaldon out there somewhere too.... Who REALLY knows for sure?

The underlying point here being that however valid Oil is to look at for a part of the problem, lets not get scope locked for political reasons and the fact Big Oil is 'The Cause" to hate. We may end up OVERLOOKING another cause or contributory effect that is far more directly responsible. That would be a tragedy to miss.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

I sometimes think this as well. From a 3 dimensional living beings stand point they appear to be dying but may be switching frequencies as well (but what may be causing the switch is the potential question). I do remember hearing on ATS someone mention they were grey related but thats another conspiracy... It seems EA*RTH is losing more of the positive vibrating energies. (can any imagine a world w/o the vibrations from the various wildlifes how it would feel?)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This should go viral.

Remember all the adverse publicity surrounding the Graphic footage of dolphin slaughter? It put enormous pressure on the culprits, and brought shame on Japan as a whole in the eyes of many throughout the world.

The same pressure needs to be brought to bear on any and all who are knowingly perpetrating this crime. If it went all the way it could potentially lead to a boycott on companies employing the 'sonic blast' technique. We should not underestimate the strength of feeling of the masses in relation to dolphins.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Magnetic anomalies - pools of magnetic confusion points are increasing all around the world as the Magnetosphere weakens. This causes the compass needles to point the wrong way, which in turn causes these beautiful dolphins to head in the wrong direction leading them away from their normal feeding grounds.

www.youtube.com...

I also consider all the contamination pouring into the ocean and being carried to all parts via the gulf stream - including God knows what - is coming out of Fukushima.

The only thing that is certain is - they won't tell us!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join