It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A deranged, lunatic, maniac man is following me…what do I do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

my children would be trained in the latest martial arts and self defense techniques from israel and then they would be properly licensed and each armed with a military grade taser and my children would have extensive cartographic skills and would effectively be able to essentially get lost and be able to maintain directional grounding, as far as that goes they would also be aided 24/7 with a fully trained german shepard compliments of the CIA dog recruitment program, multiple survival tools and booby traps to make any situation a rambo situation, did i mention my children will also be genetically superior as i will have scientists fine-tune me and my wifes dna so as to get the most efficient children to evade capture by serial murderers?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I get what you're saying, and I think the guy with the Zimmerman avatar also gets your shtick. Your thread is about the idea that we teach our kids to fight back, In Trayvon Martin's case he did, but the perpetrator, A deranged, lunatic, maniac man who did the following, somehow becomes the victim, the kid, in the equation. This because of some "deranged" right wing news outlets doing their usual dirty work. A reversal of roles orchestrated by "deranged" spin media doctors working hard within those news outlets.

You have pointed out what we teach our kids is what Trayvon did exactly to a tee. Fight back. However some can't figure that out. They can't see it. the truth. Trayvon was a kid being stalked by an adult who set out to do him harm in the guise of playing the good guy, the candy man, the stereotypical child molesting clown, the neighborhood watching peeping tom.

Trayvon was only 17, a juvenile, but he was black, and so white people only see that color. they don't see a kid. They only see their irrational prejudice fears.

This thread is awesome. You made your symbolism quite clear to those who want to see.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

I get what you're saying, and I think the guy with the Zimmerman avatar also gets your shtick. Your thread is about the idea that we teach our kids to fight back, In Trayvon Martin's case he did, but the perpetrator, A deranged, lunatic, maniac man who did the following, somehow becomes the victim, the kid, in the equation. This because of some "deranged" right wing news outlets doing their usual dirty work. A reversal of roles orchestrated by "deranged" spin media doctors working hard within those news outlets.

You have pointed out what we teach our kids is what Trayvon did exactly to a tee. Fight back. However some can't figure that out. They can't see it. the truth. Trayvon was a kid being stalked by an adult who set out to do him harm in the guise of playing the good guy, the candy man, the stereotypical child molesting clown, the neighborhood watching peeping tom.

Trayvon was only 17, a juvenile, but he was black, and so white people only see that color. they don't see a kid. They only see their irrational prejudice fears.

This thread is awesome. You made your symbolism quite clear to those who want to see.

I’m speechless.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Well if you're a strong kid, athletic...about 17 or so....You should probably try to jump the guy and get the gun away, thereby removing most dangerous element....... and.....oh......wait......

Yeah......uh......nevermind.....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I hate to admit it, but i think you are right, and I missed it too. I now feel a little stupid for missing it, though it does not change my opinion on the Martin/Zimmerman case, Zimmerman should have waited for the police, not gone after him, Martin probably reacted with aggression because some guy not identifying himself as a police officer was stalking him, and if Zimmerman did not have a gun, it would not had ended tragically.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You talk like Leonardo da Vinci paints

'PRICELESS' art

edit on 11-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I hate to admit it, but i think you are right, and I missed it too. I now feel a little stupid for missing it, though it does not change my opinion on the Martin/Zimmerman case, Zimmerman should have waited for the police, not gone after him, Martin probably reacted with aggression because some guy not identifying himself as a police officer was stalking him, and if Zimmerman did not have a gun, it would not had ended tragically.

Absolutely! I agree with you 100%.

Symbolism if one is not looking for it will have a great chance of not noticing such language being employed. Then the text is read in literal terms, and the meaning being conveyed is lost. Religion, interpretations thereof to be more precise, for example is riddled with that particular issue. You now when in high school I had a comp teacher always saying to me a lot when discussing the metaphors within poetry we were studying, you are missing the meaning of the metaphors.

I remember in particular a line something like, "falling gray leaves walking on autumn's carpet feeling its brisk breeze-" bla bla. "What does it mean?," was asked. I thought it was about a dude simply walking alone and thus feeling alone where his surrounding fit his emotions. I had to give an oral answer. I said to the effect something like that. The poem was about the dude's gal dumping him for another dude after all and I assumed it was fall. The correct answer was a nothing more than a feeling of melancholy, a mantle state that the individual was experiencing. The poem never claimed what time of year it was or if the individual was actually walking on leaves.

Guess what the class did?

Oh well.

Anyway I was looking for the symbolism.Those were the instructions. I still with that understanding I could not pull my head out of the mindset of using literal means to interpret the text.

Point is people have to be looking for the symbolism in the first place. Even if they are it's still hard sometimes to get the true meaning of the symbolism.

--------------

Kind words Prophet, all the same back to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

'PRICELESS' art

He posts like an idiot who doesn't know the real deal of what went on.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by LastProphet527

'PRICELESS' art

He posts like an idiot who doesn't know the real deal of what went on.

This thread is for positive parents,please do not bring un wanted bad spirits over here,thank you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

WatchRider, sounds like Musashi from History.

I'm betting more than 50% on that it is Mrs. .

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As a parent I can empathize with feelings of helplessness and fear, however, the subject matter of this thread, I found, a little bizarre.

What do you tell your kids to do, when they are being followed BY A COMPLETE STRANGER, that has a gun, and does not have a badge or uniform to back it up

Let me begin by saying I'm both a parent and a licensed firearm owner. I can imagine few scenarios that involve a stranger following a child brandishing an open weapon or firearm; I'm assuming a pistol? This is for everyone to see? Besides an open-carry state that allows for open carry of firearms, I guess I just foresee this scenario playing out. Maybe I'm wrong here. Please clarify.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

That was real positive. "bizarre."

I found the thread to be both artful and insightful.

Btw you have both kids and guns. LOL

I hope you keep them under lock and key.

Not the kids the guns.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If the stranger has a gun,,,,run. If he fires shots which is unlikely then change course to an erratic (not predictable) zig zag pattern and the odds are that he would miss the target. BUT the odds are that one with a gun will try to force the victim to either go away with him or into a vehicle. NEVER Comply with this request. The temptation is to comply to minimize the immediate threat but to do so will virtually seal one's fate (fatal) at the destination even if only after a longer period of time. The chances are that unless the "stranger" is a hired hit man (unlikely in the case of children and more likely to be a pedophile) that he will not try to kill the intended victim if he/she tries to run. They justify murder to silence the victim but if they are thwarted in their attempt then that rationale is taken away. Also, if other people are around....the victim should yell "Help! Stranger! Gun!"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

One more thing you should mention I think. Make sure the stranger actually exists.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Not the kids the guns.

Of course I keep my kids under lock and key!

I guess bizarre isn't the best adjective. How about singular or unique. Now that there are several more posts in this thread I realize we're talking about the Zimmerman/Martin case. Ya know, a year ago I would have not thought much about this subject matter en masse, but now...well, I just can't say that with any degree of confidence.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Little 12 year old Johnny would instinctivly move slowly in a 90 degree angle away from attacker while maintaining eye contact then draw his glock and fire two shots centre mass, one shot at the brain. Just like I showed him.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Not the kids the guns.

Of course I keep my kids under lock and key!

I guess bizarre isn't the best adjective. How about singular or unique. Now that there are several more posts in this thread I realize we're talking about the Zimmerman/Martin case. Ya know, a year ago I would have not thought much about this subject matter en masse, but now...well, I just can't say that with any degree of confidence.

It's a matter of understanding the text involved. You where totally unaware of the genre being used at first. That's a legitimate excuse in my book.

What I believe the OP achieved is to remove the reader at first from the Martin/Zimmerman case. Then later applying the case to what we teach our kids in achieving an objective viewpoint of the case as the reader then makes the connection to the case. Removing all media spin in a sudden renationalisation. A well designed sudden epiphany created by the author deliberately to achieve true objectivity of the reader.

The author is brilliant in my opinion. Because he has uncanny ability to

Think of the song so much not in personal terms between two people which the song lyrics are really about, but simply apply them to someone in general society, a writer, making a connection with readers in provoking thought change.

Ayn Rand was an armature compared to the author of this thread in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join