It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A deranged, lunatic, maniac man is following me…what do I do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
I have read that children usually get up-ducted by someone they know and trust. the child must be aware of this fact. My girlfriend argues that the high stats for missing kids is due to a large number of upset parents breaking the law to be with there child?

I think your girlfriend is right. A HUGE number of missing children are just with the wrong family member, or they are in hiding with a distant family member while spouses duke it out.

The "Amber Alert" system was great for about a week, and then here in Florida we had a couple of cases where one parent picked a kid up from school and ran without permission of the other parent, and they issued an Amber Alert, and I haven't paid attention to any of them since then.

If a stranger abducts a kid from a park, we need an all out alert and mobilize the forces, if the wrong parent does it, then it shouldn't be on the news.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would say to them"Tell me immediately". I will "discuss" the situation with the armed individual at a later time to resolve the problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm going to have to try my hardest not to be offensive here.

I'm probably not going to succeed.

Look - this whole thing is just ridiculous!

The odds of some 'stranger' abducting your children is miniscule.

And what's up with the "This thread goes out to all the dead children" blah blah? What are you, a DJ?

And surely you realize that the two serial killers you included did not prey on children? OK Jeffy D got a few teens. My point is - these men were not interested in children nor any sort of "child napper".

Which are fairly rare.

I did enjoy reading all the chest beating comments here! I'm sure your kids are totally badass. Right.

You know what George Carlin said about "the children'.

Sigh. You people and your Cult Of Child. Eyeroll.

You may go back to your hand wringing now.

Wait! - You didn't say Mother May I?!

PS - to the person who used the term "up-ducted" ~ You made my day

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

So, is it safe to assume you do not even warn your children in any way of the possible dangers.

While as minuscule as a possibility as it may be, would you still have the same attitude if the odds happened to fall upon you?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I agree with him, the thread title doesn't match the OP, and the OP is very odd? I also agree the threat is miniscule, and teaching children basic safety and communication skills is probably all they will need. BUT, I also agree with you, and it can't possibly hurt to teach them what to do if they find themselves in a dangerous situation. My children know that the groin, eyes, and throat are fair game in a true emergency, but not when we are play fighting with each other, or with their friends. They also know to stay around people, scream for help, always put up a fight, and call 911, and then call Dad.
edit on 10-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,000 children reported missing each day. 200,000 children were abducted by family members. 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members, and 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know, or knows only slightly, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

...the child fought for his life not to be one of the 800,000 that go missing every year to a 'COMPLETE STRANGER'

I am sorry, but when I see threads like this, I can't help but think that it serves one purpose, and that is to fear monger. The last part that I quoted from you is factually incorrect, 800,000 kids DO NOT go missing every year to complete strangers. As far as kids being reported missing, yes, 800,000 kids a year are reported missing, heck, I was reported missing a few times in my childhood, usually because i stayed at t friends pace past my curfew, by a long time. Just because that many kids are reported missing, does not, by any means, indicate that many kids are abducted.

200,000 kids were abducted by family members, this usually non-custodial parents, sometimes grandparents, uncles, aunts, and the like, a totally different situation from "stereotypical" abductions, which are anything but "stereotypical", more like atypical.

58,000 kids were abducted by non-family members, the reason this stat is separate from what they falsely call "stereotypical" abductions, is because though they may not be "family members" they are known to the kids, a family friend, that "aunt" that is not really an aunt, or the "uncle" that is not really an unclem these are people though not blood relations, they are known to the child.

115, This is really the only number I have concern for, the incorrectly titled "stereotypical" abduction, the abduction of a child not known to the child, stranger abductions.

When you break down the numbers, there is actually very little risk of "stranger" abductions, yes they do happen, but so does getting struck by lightening. It was once put to me this way,

"A child has a better chance of winning the lottery, even thought they are not old enough to gamble, than they have of being abducted by a stranger."

The number of 115 is a far cry from the 800,000 that is thrown around to instill fear and kick-start emotional reactions.

Using the numbers you provide, only %0.00014375 of all classes of children reported missing are abducted by strangers.

Of the 800,000 children reported missing each year, only 258,115 are actually abducted (all types of abduction), roughly %26.

Doing the math, only %4.45 of abductions are stranger abductions, meaning %95.55 of abductions are perpetrated by people known to the children. Just like sexual abuse, there is magnitudes greater risk to the child from inside the home, than from strangers, so relying on teaching your kids about "stranger danger" is doing nothing but instilling fear where it is not needed, and giving your kids a false sense of security, very dangerous and detrimental if you ask me.

If your child is confronted by a stranger holding a gun, my first reaction would be tell the kid to run and make as much noise as possible, but programs like "what would you do" have shown that in most cases, in the apathetic society we live in, it serves little purpose, so it makes me wonder if maybe the better option might be submit, and escape at the first possible opportunity in a public place they can, sadly, the numbers are against them either way.

To the poster that stated that the child would be better off dead in the first place than survive any possible abuse, I take HUGE issues with that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Suppose they pose as a police officer?
Its one of the greatest tricks for a kidnapper …How would you talk to your kids about this situtation?

Exactly this situation happened in Winnipeg Manitoba (Canada) about a decade ago, a man posing as a cop was "detaining" kids, mainly young teen boys, arresting them, molesting them, then letting them go, so sadly, it is a possible situation.
edit on 4/10/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I've talked this over with my kids many times, they have good instinct's, I think that is important. You know that feeling when there's some shifty looking weirdo walking down the street past you (who could technically be nice)? Whenever they have gone far enough past us, my kids quite often say "that man made me feel scared" or something similar.

Sadly, it is not likely to be that weirdo that will cause your kids harm, but a drinking buddy, a friend, or family member.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by LastProphet527

What are you really trying to say...it's a mixed bag post...

Des

If you have kids what would you tell them to do if they was being followed by a stanger with a gun?
edit on 9-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Run like hell??...if there are people around scream about the guy having a gun...if not...run...hide...call the police.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky

And what's up with the "This thread goes out to all the dead children" blah blah? What are you, a DJ?

Looooool. That made me spit my drink out.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
take the candy and run

I figured at some point reading through this thread it would tie into the stranger symbolizing George Zimmerman and the kid being stalked symbolizing Trayvon Martin.

Your avatar and post did just that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
Personally, In the past relationships I've had with women with kids I've got the kids interested in martial arts, took them to a few classes to watch, made a positive thing of it and just got them (and their friends) interested. Also taught them the usual stuff about don't talk to strangers, scream, fight etc. They really got into the martial arts stuff. With the martial arts stuff (I know some 'jeet kun do' and some 'krav maga' from working as a bouncer) so I taught them some of that as well. Even though the attacker may be armed and much larger than them they still might be an opportunity to be able to stun/injure/kill an attacker and escape. Short of giving your child guns, knives, etc I think the education and training is the best you can do.

Hey Anon,thats love buddy,please keep teaching them and dont ever stop..please!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Put them in a Shotokan Karate class and let Sensei teach them what to do.

My kids were taught all kinds of painful things to do to unfriendly adults and I am glad they are on my side.

K

Textpainful things

lol,such as what kawika

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know the predators have always been there but in today's 24/7 news cycle it would seem that these goons are getting bolder and more determined based on the number of stories that we are now reading from all parts of the nation. It's a dangerous world nowadays.

They have gotten bolder and bolder, and it makes me sick to my stomach to even think....................but any way.
As much as we talk to our kids now days, you have to pray that they are listening, and not thinking about cartoons or ice cream, loll, or what ever they are thinking at the age.

Parents now a days need to explain to kids more than once or twice, they need to basically force information to kids, especially before they reach 15,or in the 10th grade…sadly that’s the tender age in which a parent is likely losing there kids to out side influence, school friends, friends, family and a whole lot of TV.

We as parents that love our kids and would kill for them at the drop of a dime can only hope, that the older they get the more they remember in certain situations that you was right, loll…a child will never tell you all the times you was right, but it feels good sometimes when they do tell you…those are good moments.. ‘Classic Moments'

edit on 10-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My kids do not talk to strangers, no matter what uniform they may be wearing. They tell that person "Go talk to my Dad". They will not get into a car with anyone they don't know and they don't fall for that " Your parents sent me" line. They have both been trained to go for soft, vital areas such as the eyes, throat and groin. If they are walking home from school, they carry a sharpened pencil in their hand. My son is 14 yrs old, 6' 1". 195 lbs. He would be a handful if threatened. Although he may be easier to handle than my 11 yr old daughter who has vowed to make that pencil "Come out the other side of their head" if need be. If the person has a weapon, they will run and scream as loud as possible. Just because we live in a small, quiet town is no excuse to let your guard down. Those sickos are everywhere.

My daughter had asked me if they would get in trouble for hurting someone like that. I told her "I'd rather hire a lawyer to get you out of trouble, than have to identify your body. I know that sounds harsh to tell a kid, but there are times to be delicate and then there's protecting your kids.
edit on 10-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Cheers! Yeah, as soon as an inkling of something's not right, they must act FAST. By the time that door closes, its far too late, they won't even have that chance to think 'I should have acted as soon as he started talking to me', because once that door is shut, the terror would be un-imaginable.

Yes, its kind of wrong to judge people - but screw that. I tell my kids that even though I'm a grown man, there are people that make me scared inside. Nothing wrong with that. There's such a thing as having some healthy fear. Also, in a few more years time my girls will put some healthy fear in any boys that try and take advantage of them.

Its those cotton-wool kids that only get read books like "Happy Little Peoples" that take too long to realize their in trouble until its too late. Hansel & Gretel type books (the earlier creepier ones) are invaluable tools for the earlier youngsters.

Cheers! Yeah, as soon as an inkling of something is not right, they must act FAST.

That’s why you have to train them fast and be precise about all the scenarios they must have to get out a situation.

By the time that door closes, its far too late, they won't even have that chance to think

Is this a poem,lol

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When you have a lunatic following you, just don't be a dragonfly Jones.

The best of Martin Lawrence ENJOY.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Gwampo
considering the thread section is Survival, and someone is following you who is allegedly deranged, loony, and maniac, I would recommend telling the authorities.

Otherwise
TAKE EM OUT!
edit on 10-4-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

No you let Dad handle that, he will have more success and won't get caught. The kid is just supposed to stay in crowded areas, alert authorities, and alert Dad.

Bundy had a trek through my town here, and all these years later the scars are still present. Urban Legends, but legends that are all too real and true! The scariest part is how careless and sloppy Bundy was, and how he still got a way with it for a long time. Imagine how long the good criminals are operating undetected.

WOW..

TextImagine how long the good criminals are operating undetected.

And thats why we as parents have to keep up with them as far as the new methods and new ways they are doing it....our little kids have togo through so much huh!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

What do you tell your kids to do, when they are being followed BY A COMPLETE STRANGER, that has a gun, and does not have a badge or uniform to back it up, as far as authority and respect is concerned for law in the United States of America.

Run away in a zig zag pattern.

Oh wait, you were serious. On a serious note, why not just come out and say what you were trying to say? You;ll get plenty of support, and attacks of course, if you do. Why try to veil it as such?

To be honest...I just wanted parents on this thread... cold-blooded lovable parents that understands what it’s like to have kids and care about them.

I do not need the 6’2 he deserved to die people on this thread.

I do not need the tattoo people on this thread that is why he deserved to die.

I do not need the hooded people that’s why it happened on this thread.

I do not need the extreme I love my Zimmerman that if a snake bit him I would people on my thread.

Definitely not the racist black and white that see color before a human being on this thread.

Just parents with love will do, and a good spirited thread, that is it, that is why.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by popsmayhem
take the candy and run

I figured at some point reading through this thread it would tie into the stranger symbolizing George Zimmerman and the kid being stalked symbolizing Trayvon Martin.

Your avatar and post did just that.

TextI figured at some point reading through this thread it would tie into the stranger symbolizing George Zimmerman and the kid being stalked symbolizing Trayvon Martin.

LOL, it’s called a…. 'No look subliminal Reality Pass’ that’s it lil dude… a simple little deprogram malware that disables the strings and causes a malfunction in the batteries of the puppet bots.

That’s why they are not on this thread ,my title is like ‘Holy Water‘ lol…except one or two come to think about it.

ugggg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join