It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A deranged, lunatic, maniac man is following me…what do I do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i put this in the survival section because its a matter of survival...i guess!

www.missingkids.com...

800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,000 children reported missing each day. 200,000 children were abducted by family members. 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members, and 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know, or knows only slightly, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

What do you tell your kids to do, when they are being followed BY A COMPLETE STRANGER, that has a gun, and does not have a badge or uniform to back it up, as far as authority and respect is concerned for law in the United States of America.

What is the protocol for this, what have you told your kids to do when an ABSOLUTE COMPLETE STRANGER… with a gun is following them?

I am just very curious.
In-fact, if you have not talked to your kids about this, what would tell them right now ?

Theodore Robert "Ted" Bundy (born Theodore Robert Cowell; November 24, 1946 – January 24, 1989) was an American serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered numerous young women during the 1970s, and possibly earlier. After more than a decade of denials, he confessed shortly before his execution to 30 homicides committed in seven states between 1974 and 1978; the true total remains unknown, and could be much higher.

Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer (May 21, 1960 – November 28, 1994) was an American serial killer and sex offender. Dahmer murdered 17 men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with the majority of the murders occurring between 1987 and 1991. His murders involved rape, dismemberment, necrophilia and cannibalism. On November 28, 1994, he was beaten to death by an inmate at the Columbia Correctional Institution, where he had been incarcerated.

This thread goes out to all the dead kids that just didn’t know what to do when a A deranged, lunatic, maniac man was following them.

May you be at peace with God,'LITTLE Tiny Chidren INFANTS embroys of the world, and may God, have not mercy on your killers,what so ever.

This THREAD has nothing to do with the little CHILD that was killed recently. Because you never know who is a seriel killer and who is not in this evil world.As far as im concerened, the child fought for his life not to be one of the 800,000 that go missing every year to a 'COMPLETE STRANGER'

Just like the last dude that got away from 'Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer'

One love T.M...ONE LOVE.
edit on 9-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

What are you really trying to say...it's a mixed bag post...

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

If you have kids what would you tell them to do if they was being followed by a stanger with a gun?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I tell them that under no circumstances do they comply with the person.
Run away, escape by any means possible.
They will wish that they were shot from the beginning than the alternative to what would happen to them had they complied. An instance like that is a fight for survival plain and simple, everything is on the table to resist and escape.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Des

If you have kids what would you tell them to do if they was being followed by a stanger with a gun?

To call 911 immediately....if they had a cell phone. If I had a child, they would have a cell phone on them...

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Des

RUN very fast and don't stop until they get to a safe place.

There are lots of Psychopaths / serial killers working for TPTB also. Don't forget this. The only difference is that they are paid well and are immune from prosecution.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Buy animal heads from slaughter houses and teach your children to rip eyes from sockets.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Make sure he's not Neighborhood Watch...those guy are freakin crazy

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I tell them that under no circumstances do they comply with the person.
Run away, escape by any means possible.
They will wish that they were shot from the beginning than the alternative to what would happen to them had they complied. An instance like that is a fight for survival plain and simple, everything is on the table to resist and escape.

Text An instance like that is a fight for survival plain and simple, everything is on the table to resist and escape.

Do you have kids, and after,hearing the story on zimmerman, would you think twice about telling your child that?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From the OP title, my first thought was:

STOP trying to steal Tom Cruises' girlfriend!

But yeah, I've talked this over with my kids many times, they have good instinct's, I think that is important. You know that feeling when there's some shifty looking weirdo walking down the street past you (who could technically be nice)? Whenever they have gone far enough past us, my kids quite often say "that man made me feel scared" or something similar.
I think a lot of that is just a built in genetic survival tool on its own.
So long as they can see a situation about to happen, it gets that gear ready in them for fight or flight. (I've told my girls to "peg it, cause girls can't fight" and then stick out my tongue at them. This is followed by my arms being sore damaged and bruised appendages of pain for the next few days after they have a "oh yeah - ka-thunp" boxing competition of who hits hardest... on me...

I got to say, I fear anyone who gets on the wrong side of those tiny fists of fury!
(but yeah, run it to nearest safety house (we have signs in OZ) is their first tactic)

edit on 9-4-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Des

To call 911 immediately....if they had a cell phone. If I had a child, they would have a cell phone on them...

Des

IF you do have a child, or even a niece or nephew, please explain the protocols about strangers, especially in the gated communities.
911 is an excellent idea.

Suppose they pose as a police officer?
Its one of the greatest tricks for a kidnapper …How would you talk to your kids about this situtation?

Its so many situations that a child will run into,so many!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Des

What if it was a "stranger with a knife"?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Tough question due to the complexity of actions that could be taken by a child / kid. Depending on their age they each will react differently or remember how to do things differently.

Perhaps one way is to look for a crowded place and ran towards it since who ever is following may not want to interact with the masses if his sole purpose is to get the child / kid. Upon reaching said point, tell someone that you've being followed and try to call your parents.

Parents need to reherse this with their kids and not just TELL them what to do. Any adult knows that when you are in a tough situation, adrenaline will kick in and you may not do what you thought you could do. Same goes for the kids, they need to understand and act upon it while rehersing with you (the parent).

My 2 cents!

edit on 9-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan

Des

RUN very fast and don't stop until they get to a safe place.

There are lots of Psychopaths / serial killers working for TPTB also. Don't forget this. The only difference is that they are paid well and are immune from prosecution.

The legs go out some times ,and some times they are to sacred to run.
What would you tell that child when fear comes into play.

ps.I use to always ask my self a question as to why in all the scary movies does the person fall all the time when being chased...lol,i found out the hard way in a three way shot out,when my legs just went completly num,omg..that was funny but also scary i was trying to run but coudnt.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Buy animal heads from slaughter houses and teach your children to rip eyes from sockets.

Thats a winner..umm,do you have kids?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What do I tell my kids when a deranged lunatic is following them?

"Son, no matter how big they are, a strong sweeping kick to the side of their knee will give you enough time to get away."

Remove the base and the building falls.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No offense but the scenario you presented is a minority in regards to being assailed by a gun wielding lunatic. Most predators use manipulation to coarse "children" into harms way and are generally preying on vulnerabilities therein.

In this case, education is key. A few of the examples above are indeed good, developing a family password is a good tool as well as instructions on what to do if your child ever gets separated from you in a public place.

Most abductions usually occur from someone the child knows.

Best practice is to have great communication with your kids about this and...well everything.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

the best is to tell them to be in places where are many people at all times. give them a cell, and tell them to report to the authorities when that jerk shows up. or better, ask the kids how that man looks like, have a good description, and report that too. what I'd do is take a day off, and follow the kid from a safe distance, and when the guy shows up, tail him, and immediately call the police, and update them on his whereabouts. but this is a risky move. especially if he has a gun. but all for the safety of minors. and as long as you are in a populated area, I do not think he'd use his gun. that is just stupid. good luck anyways.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Make sure he's not Neighborhood Watch...those guy are freakin crazy

Because of that it should be law to comply to the neighborhood watch...just like you have to comply to TSA

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Definitely, I agree with Uber. Unfortunately most kids (and people) are assaulted and murdered by people they know.

And as for the real crazies like Dahmer or Bundy, they never needed a gun, it's all a mental game. Manipulation, lies, preying on the weak and insecure or using someones Ego against them. These guys were hunters and they were good at what they did...

While your scenario is a scary one, its one that most likely wouldnt occur....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join