It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Of Hogwarts Is Real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
How about the potion the living death: it is just a poison. A poison is a mundane thing, but to those magic folk it was magic. A thing seems magical if you think it is.

This is not a simple poison, as you suggest. Mundane poison is mundane because it is made from non-magical components. An item, in this instance a 'potion' is embed with power once it has an ingredient that is magical in it.

Let us take your example, the Draught of Living Death, as discussed in the books, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Now, as a matter of full disclosure, I have no idea if any of the recipes in any of the Harry Potter books are real or fictional. For the sake of this example, this draught will do nicely, fictional or not.

The Draught is made of wormwood, asphodel, valerian roots, sloth brain, and sopophorous bean juice.

Four of these ingredients are mundane, and the last is the bean of a magical plant. Without the magic, the draught would presumably not function. A non-wizard can use a magical potion, because the magic is stored in the ingredients, not in the person assembling or mixing the ingredients, however the magic needed to create the potion DOES come from a Wizard, and as such, potions cannot be duplicated by non magical men, even if they had all of the ingredients.

Imagine a monkey with a bunch of bicycle parts. The monkey can pile all of the parts up, stack them, whatever, but could never actually assemble a bicycle. They are missing a crucial step, mechanical reasoning. Once the bicycle is put together though, a monkey CAN be taught how to use it. It would be like teaching a man how to use a potion.

Thanks for the thought exercise!
edit on 12-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Imagine a monkey with a bunch of bicycle parts. The monkey can pile all of the parts up, stack them, whatever, but could never actually assemble a bicycle. They are missing a crucial step, mechanical reasoning. Once the bicycle is put together though, a monkey CAN be taught how to use it. It would be like teaching a man how to use a potion.

How would you know.
You've never done either.
Debunked.
Truth is simple.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A T T E N T I O N

The topic of this thread is "The World of Hogwarts Is Real", not each other or others' personalities. Note also that this thread is posted in Skunkworks. From the Skunkworks Forum header:

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

We certainly do not want to discourage the involvement of helpful critical analysis and skeptical thought, this will always be a very important part of collaboration on ATS. However, we will be strict in managing the tone and style of such exchanges. Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

The sniping and repetitive jibes stop now.

Thanks,

Argentus

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The living death is a poison. There are various poisons that is a fictional one. Don't you think that taking fantasy to be real is taking things a bit too far.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The living death is a poison. There are various poisons that is a fictional one. Don't you think that taking fantasy to be real is taking things a bit too far.

Hello, friend.You are correct in your assertion that the Draught of Living Death is a poison. You will also see in my response to you that I am in -no- way saying the Draught of Living Death is real. It is you who are taking the details of a fantasy book and ascribing them to my essay, even though I have told you that I do not necessarily believe that this detail is 100% accurate.

With that having been said, I would like to further elaborate on the notion that if the Draught of Living Death were real, like it might be according to the logic of my essay, that it would be because of the ingredients and the magical influence of the Wizard creating it.

For instance, could a solution of wormwood,asphodel, valerian root, sloth brain, and any known species of bean, create a poison that would turn different colors depending on the way in which it were stirred?

I would think not. However, according to that recipe, if one adds the magical element, sopophorus bean juice, harvested properly to avoid the bean's escape, the effect is a magical potion that does change colors if stirred properly.

Now you might say that it doesn't make it magical. Maybe this sopophorous bean isn't magical, but if it isn't, why would the wizards hide it from non-magic users? They do not hide the others. We use wormwood for making Absinthe. Sloths are certainly mundane creatures. I had valerian and asphodel in my garden when I was a child, so I do not think those are magical either.. unless my grandmother was a witch.

As for taking fantasy too far, I seem to remember a thread being made about chinese immortality, the same author wrote on the subject of occult powers surviving in Hell, and about dwarves and leprechauns possibly being real. I do not believe that I need to cite the author of those threads, do I, s12345?

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world. - Buddha
edit on 13-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They would assume anything in their technology was magical. But I do get the feeling that some people actually think Hogwarts is real. If people are just working along a theoretical line of thought, that is fine. If however they believe it is real perhaps that is the start of an illness.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

How can you be certain that Aliens are not Wizards in disguise? It seems odd that one would believe in one and completely disregard the other without any more thought!

In all seriousness, what if Aliens are Wizards in disguise, but on earth they are in the form of Unicorns, but only to the eyes of Leprechauns from Nibiru.

Think about it.. It's all about perspective.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

They would assume anything in their technology was magical. But I do get the feeling that some people actually think Hogwarts is real. If people are just working along a theoretical line of thought, that is fine. If however they believe it is real perhaps that is the start of an illness.

As I have already outlined in this thread, magic is different than magical technology. Magic is the force of will (for lack of a better english term) that allows for magical technology to work.

Take the inventor Leonardo Da Vinci, as an example. No one will call his genius into question. Possibly one of the greatest minds of all time.. yet a large majority of his mechanical machines simply do not work. Why? What if every single one of his machines actually DO work, but they need another element, a magical element for them to work? What if LDV made a bunch of these machines, and they were common to his person, and people regularly saw him doing incredible things.. and attributed them to his machines.. that we know do not work.. when they should be attributed to magic?

Could Leonardo Da Vinci have been a Wizard? I cannot say. It has been suggested that he is the author of the previously mention Voynich Manuscript. It adds more levels to the theory if true.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

How can you be certain that Aliens are not Wizards in disguise? It seems odd that one would believe in one and completely disregard the other without any more thought!

In all seriousness, what if Aliens are Wizards in disguise, but on earth they are in the form of Unicorns, but only to the eyes of Leprechauns from Nibiru.

Think about it.. It's all about perspective.

Now you are starting to understand the ideas of this essay. Extrapolate further. What if Aliens are Wizards, but only to the Humans that believe in either?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Now you are starting to understand the ideas of this essay. Extrapolate further. What if Aliens are Wizards, but only to the Humans that believe in either?

Or French Toast?! Think how crazy it would be if people who's passion for french toast was so strong that it caused a reaction on a molecular level. And this small alteration made it possible for the proper receptors to see wizards and UFO's. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... This is nuts.

Great thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

Or French Toast?! Think how crazy it would be if people who's passion for french toast was so strong that it caused a reaction on a molecular level. And this small alteration made it possible for the proper receptors to see wizards and UFO's. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... This is nuts.

Great thread.

Thanks for contributing. Posts from people that understand the core ideas and hidden truths put forward in the essay make the effort of writing it worthwhile.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

But I disagree with wizards controlling the government though

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Furbs

But I disagree with wizards controlling the government though

I don't remember claiming that the Wizards are controlling the government, nor do I support that claim.

I feel it is possible that Wizards let world leaders know of their existence while they are in office, so that the president can do what he can to allow them to remain hidden. After they are out of office, the Wizards remove the memory that Wizards exist, and sometimes the efforts do not work, and the presidents have to be dealt with in other ways.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

But thing is that will cause problems I mean wouldn't elements within the US government lock them away also what about the officials loyal to the Vatican? The Vatican would also start another round of which hunts. I believe that the wizards have hidden themselves even from the governments for the fear the Vatican might hunt them down via their operatives in the government.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Furbs

But thing is that will cause problems I mean wouldn't elements within the US government lock them away also what about the officials loyal to the Vatican? The Vatican would also start another round of which hunts. I believe that the wizards have hidden themselves even from the governments for the fear the Vatican might hunt them down via their operatives in the government.

Yes, elements of the government would lock them away. This is why the Wizards only reveal themselves to the Heads of State, i.e. Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings. The Vatican isn't above the influence of Wizards. Who is to say that the Pope doesn't know of the existence of Wizards. There may be Wizards within the Church for all we know.. it is easier to perform 'miracles' if you can attribute them to the grace of a deity.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

But how about genocidal leaders like Stalin, Hitler, The North Korean President and others? How would they react to the wizard community?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join