It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Of Hogwarts Is Real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericendtimes
Your input is an asset to humanity. May I suggest you research the roots of Wizards back to ancient shamans. You'll find the possible start of the plant / animal connnection you discribe. The power of a wizard comes from the heart and today's science if finding this wizard power in quantum physics.

I am new to ATS so if I knew how to give you stars & flags absolutley would. (like you say wizards are not good with the electronics)

God Bless You

All roads of research may in fact lead to the same source of power for these Wizards, if in fact magic is in the very structure that holds the atoms in place, or our DNA together. While those theories might be a little out there, and I don't know if I am willing to accept them, it is interesting to think about!

Thanks for giving me a new avenue to look down in my quest for the truth!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
anyone got hermione's digits ?

Hermione Granger is 32 years old and happily married to Ron Weasley.. if you believe they were real.. I'm not convinced that these particular people, along with Harry Potter, are real, as they seem to fall into line with popular heroic archetypes of fictional literature. However this doesn't mean the the THEMES of the books are not rooted in actuality, which is what my essay is contending.

Even in jest, we continue to learn, and I appreciate your post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schlomo
Just to play devil's advocate...

Furbs, how might you explain alien abductions? It seems easy for a wizard to create an apparition in the sky, but why would they want to experiment on the non-magical folk?

Great post and thanks for replying to specifics to keep this thread on topic

It might be for any one of a number of things.

People that cannot be memory charmed might be shown things that make them believe aliens were the cause of the disturbances and not Wizards. There may also be murderous wizards that care as little for humans as some research scientists care for mice.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Oh good grief. This sort of thread is just plain silly. When you're using quotes from fictional books within other fictional books to back up your theories, it's time to go to bed with a good mug of cocoa.

I have a very open mind in regards to psychics and the like (a VERY good fiend of mine does very, very strange things with energy and has a horrible time with all types of electronic devices) but wizards?

I call fluff on this one.
edit on 12-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

Please dispel any of the evidence I have presented, I welcome it. It is easy to simply say this is 'fluff', but another completely to contend it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

People that cannot be memory charmed...

There are no memory charms.
You've been debunked.
Again.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think you have missed that there is magic in the world you just do not see it as such. In Harry Potter he can breathe underwater using a herb, we can breathe underwater using a snorcal: he can fly on a broomstick, we can fly in a plane, helicopter glider: he may have edges in some areas but so do we, he has an old ink pen, and we have a ball point. Our world is magical you just do not see it that way. If you lived in a world of magic you would get used to it and a dvd would seem magical. There may be a weak effect (placebo effect for one) but not of the like you look for. A true magical world would have dvd players books and the occult. There would have to be room for both.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I can explain aan airplane.
I cant a broomstick flying witch
etc etc repeat.
Truth is simple.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
anyone got hermione's digits ?

Hermione Granger is 32 years old and happily married to Ron Weasley.. if you believe they were real.. I'm not convinced that these particular people, along with Harry Potter, are real, as they seem to fall into line with popular heroic archetypes of fictional literature. However this doesn't mean the the THEMES of the books are not rooted in actuality, which is what my essay is contending.

Even in jest, we continue to learn, and I appreciate your post.

glad you have a sense of humor.

I'm a LOTR geek, and if I could slip into that world and leave this one behind I would be a happy camper, even if it meant being a peasant in rohan

cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reggin

People that cannot be memory charmed...

There are no memory charms.
You've been debunked.
Again.

I reject your assumption on the most basic of levels.

Hypnosis

If our basic understanding of the way our brain functions allows us access to hypnosis, which can act as a kind of non-magical memory charm, your blind assertion that magical memory charms don't exist needs more to back it up than simply the idea that suggestive memory augmentation is not real.

Because it is real.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Hypnosis is not a "memroy charm"
You're talking about Harry Potter. The World Of Hogwarts Is Real
Remember its yur thread.
Debunked are you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
I think you have missed that there is magic in the world you just do not see it as such. In Harry Potter he can breathe underwater using a herb, we can breathe underwater using a snorcal: he can fly on a broomstick, we can fly in a plane, helicopter glider: he may have edges in some areas but so do we, he has an old ink pen, and we have a ball point. Our world is magical you just do not see it that way. If you lived in a world of magic you would get used to it and a dvd would seem magical. There may be a weak effect (placebo effect for one) but not of the like you look for. A true magical world would have dvd players books and the occult. There would have to be room for both.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, however, I do not think I agree with your approach.

'Our world' (non-magical) does not function on any sort of magical understanding. We fly by understanding the laws of physics based on scientific experimentation. Wizards would fly not by understanding the laws of physics, but by breaking the laws of physics. Being able to subvert non-magical physics by sheer force of will is the definition of magic.

There is a subtle difference between gillyweed and a snorkel. Gillyweed gives you gills, and a snorkel allows you to suck air from the surface. One is clearly a magical property, one is a technological advancement.

Non-Magical man's use of technology most likely came out of not being able to rely on magic, as we cannot use it. It explains why a Wizard cannot use an electronic device (or rather has a hard time understanding it's uses). They have never had to rely on scientific means to exact change in their worlds, so they have not had to rely on technology.

Hence, no magical planes..

…unless you are Leonardo Da Vinci.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Remember its yur thread.
Debunked are you.

I know what I am talking about, sir.

I am talking about your assertion than memory charms aren't real. I have proven that memory augmentation is possible. What have you brought to the conversation other than an assertion that magic isn't real. If you are going to make an assertion, you need to back it up with evidence. You provide none of your claim. I make no such assertions, I offer only conjecture and supposition.

If you are so adamant that magic is not real, it is now up to you to evidence your stance. I will not hold my breath, because you cannot prove magic isn't real any more than I can prove it is. I'm not going to sit here and scream that magic is real, because my essay speaks for itself. If you have a problem with the essay, you need to dissect it critically and analyze it properly. You have done neither.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How about the potion the living death: it is just a poison. A poison is a mundane thing, but to those magic folk it was magic. A thing seems magical if you think it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Remember its yur thread.
Debunked are you.

I know what I am talking about, sir.

"The World Of Hogwarts Is Real?"
You do?
rofl.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
How about the potion the living death: it is just a poison. A poison is a mundane thing, but to those magic folk it was magic. A thing seems magical if you think it is.

Seems.
Yes. Is?
No.
Truth is simple.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I do not personally believe in any of this, however every possibility needs to be explored and I applaud you for doing just that and also creating a very good thread about it. S+F

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I am talking about your assertion than memory charms aren't real.

Fact.
No assertion.

I have proven that memory augmentation is possible.

Possible?
50 legged dogs are possible.
Not real.
Fact.

What have you brought to the conversation other than an assertion that magic isn't real.[/quote]
I counterbalance your craziness.
Fact.

If you are so adamant that magic is not real, it is now up to you to evidence your stance.

Can't evidence that which does not exist.
See how that works?
Fact.
Debunked again.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am talking about your assertion than memory charms aren't real.

Fact.
No assertion.

I have proven that memory augmentation is possible.

Possible?
50 legged dogs are possible.
Not real.
Fact.

What have you brought to the conversation other than an assertion that magic isn't real.[/quote]
I counterbalance your craziness.
Fact.

If you are so adamant that magic is not real, it is now up to you to evidence your stance.

Can't evidence that which does not exist.
See how that works?
Fact.
Debunked again.

You have no understanding of scientific methodology nor academic analysis. I have humored your ignorance as long as I am going to. Good day.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join