It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Of Hogwarts Is Real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
anyone got hermione's digits ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Cool post. Far out, to say the least! I am 43 years old, and have always wished LOTR was real, but I like the Harry Potter alternate universe as well! I am at least convinced that there are alternate realities beyond that which is readily apparent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
When I was younger and I read the Harry Potter books, I convinced myself that my parents were both secretly wizards, and the school would one day send me an owl to let me know I'd be attending.

Sadly it never panned out.

I was going to say the same thing almost word for word. For a while I just thought I was a strange kid but seeing your post made me feel a little closer to ''normal''

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
muahahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
interesting thread. i do believe in magic but im not on board with the secret wizard community i'm afraid it seems a little far fetched however i think you are correct in saying supernatural things are being hidden from us. i have came to the conclusion that the only way to find out the truth is to read between the lines and never believe what you are told. only trust what you know to be true. nice theory

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate...

Furbs, how might you explain alien abductions? It seems easy for a wizard to create an apparition in the sky, but why would they want to experiment on the non-magical folk?

Great post and thanks for replying to specifics to keep this thread on topic

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schlomo
Just to play devil's advocate...

Furbs, how might you explain alien abductions? It seems easy for a wizard to create an apparition in the sky, but why would they want to experiment on the non-magical folk?

Great post and thanks for replying to specifics to keep this thread on topic

So they can inject their enemies with nonmagical blood and infect them with mundane normalcy.

On the other hand, it could be pro-Muggle forces attempting to discern exactly what gene gives them the ability to use magic, so they can misguidedly inject the Muggles and give them weak powers...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

Originally posted by MisterFister103
When I was younger and I read the Harry Potter books, I convinced myself that my parents were both secretly wizards, and the school would one day send me an owl to let me know I'd be attending.

Sadly it never panned out.

I was going to say the same thing almost word for word. For a while I just thought I was a strange kid but seeing your post made me feel a little closer to ''normal''

For Christmas one year, I literally wrote down the title of every book in Sorcerer's Stone, hoping Santa might have some...connections.

Unfortunately, my mom made me throw the list out. It was heartbreaking.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh good grief. This sort of thread is just plain silly. When you're using quotes from fictional books within other fictional books to back up your theories, it's time to go to bed with a good mug of cocoa.

I have a very open mind in regards to psychics and the like (a VERY good fiend of mine does very, very strange things with energy and has a horrible time with all types of electronic devices) but wizards?

I call fluff on this one.
edit on 12-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Oh good grief. This sort of thread is just plain silly. When you're using quotes from fictional books within other fictional books to back up your theories, it's time to go to bed with a good mug of cocoa.

I have a very open mind in regards to psychics and the like (a VERY good fiend of mine does very, very strange things with energy and has a horrible time with all types of electronic devices) but wizards?

I call fluff on this one.
edit on 12-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

When a wizard/witch can erase anyone's memory with a word, hypnotize them into believing they saw a UFO, erase every trace of their footprints and forensic evidence, and disappear and reappear 30 miles away inside a second, how can you say they aren't real?

And before you say it, how do you know they can't?
edit on CThursdaypm515146f46America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

When a wizard/witch can erase anyone's memory with a word, hypnotize them into believing they saw a UFO, erase every trace of their footprints and forensic evidence, and disappear and reappear 30 miles away inside a second, how can you say they aren't real?

Easy.
They're not real.
Truth is simple.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
A delightful read!

I appreciate you sticking with your original post and countering arguments and displaying your theory in ever clarifying ways.

I suppose my question to you, as this seems to be laid out in the form of a thesis, is what proof do you have that you are wrong and how does it counter your original opinion?

I have given this quite a bit of thought, hence my late reply, and I would counter the entire ideology with a few basic ideas. Firstly, there are not many people on this planet that are able to produce scientifically measurable 'magical' powers, and to my knowledge there are NONE that can produce a scientifically repeatable experiment involving 'magical' powers. While this doesn't necessarily discredit any of my theories, it does nothing to help me, either, unless it shows support for the idea that the wizards have done a fair job keeping all magic away from non-magic users.

The 'absence of evidence is evidence of absence' argument could also apply. If there are no bodies of verifiable 'cryptids' that have ever been found, how can we be sure that these creatures exist? Thousands and thousands of magical animals could exist in the world, but are all wizards able to keep track of all of them at all times? Where do the bodies go after they are dead? Why hasn't even a single piece of dead magical creature been found? Perhaps the we DO find evidence. Perhaps we have found convincing evidence numerous times, only to have that evidence taken away from us by Wizards. I can't say for certain what is the truth, but the possibility may certainly still exist.

Also, I'd like some more information on the Lincoln/Vampire angle.

'Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter' is a biographical account written by Seth Grahame-Smith, based on secret diaries kept by Lincoln and given to the author by Henry Sturges, a self professed vampire. The book is being made into a major feature film and I expect there to be as many inaccuracies in it as there were in nearly every other film about Abe Lincoln. Stick to the book.

So, to Ferb, good job! I will be adding you to my watchlist. I recommend you mosey over to the Short Stories section and participate in the Ruler of the World Writing Contest, as your writing style and depth of thought might provide you AND ATS quite alot of entertaining ideas and stories!

While I do appreciate your invitation, I will most likely be using my writing to further and promote analytical research, and will not make it over to the writing contests. I may peak to see what kinds of things you folks are up to from time to time.

Thanks for the feedback and also thanks for furthering the discussion and reminding those in the thread as to what Skunkworks is all about.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
Basilisks, Boggarts, and Horcruxs did NOT start with Potter so you might be onto something. Hell, even ATS has posted a recipe for the Philosopher's stone as it and Nicolas Flamel were also not born from JK Rowling's mind either

Alchemy and the Philosopher's stone are Real

There is a lot of interesting mythology behind some of stories concepts. There is a Slavic myth about Koscei the Deathless that ties in nicely with Horcrux's

Koscei the Deathless

Excellent points! I was not even aware of Koschei the Deathless. What a fascinating story, and clearly inspirational to any who would try to cheat death! (Though I wouldn't try it if I were you!)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Furbs

So the Greek Gods are real then? I mean they have magic

No. Do not misunderstand man's quest to find answers with actual magical reasonings for things.

Man did not know what caused thunder, or why the sun and moon seemed to move across the sky. They made sense of their world by attributing these things to gods, because they didn't know the actual reasons. It is my opinion that the Greek Gods didn't exist. However, I am totally willing to entertain the idea that wizards of the time used mythologies like the Greek Gods to hide their actions from men that might have otherwise killed them.

Even today, you have people attribute things to gods. Take Tebow for example. He thanks a god for every touchdown he scores. Is God the one doing it, or is Tebow just good at tossing a ball? What if Tebow could toss a ball 450 yards? Some might start to believe a god helped him.. but he might just be a wizard.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10
You have a lively fantasy, and of course you are entitled to believe Harry Potter as real all you want, but you don't seem to know about Extraterrestrials.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

Why is that, friend? I see your name is a reference to a term found in ancient texts trying to explain the same things we are talking about here. Are those explanations any more rational than the ones I am espousing now? I would love to know the why of your belief as to my ignorance concerning extraterrestrials being of Wizard origins.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join