It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Of Hogwarts Is Real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
wow. at first I was like.
THIS IS GONNA BE CRAYYY

but you've got a lot of support for it. and if we can believe in different dimensions, then maybe this is happening. but perhaps on a different plane or dimension (sorry my terminology is probably off on that plane/dimension stuff.

very good! I can tell you put a lot of thought and work into this!

kudos!

I think you might be on to something, friend! If something is going on around us, and we are unsure of what it could be, who is to say that it isn't Wizards? I know I can't rule them out for certain. Maybe they do move back and forth from other realities. Maybe that is how they seem to do incredibly strange things. I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramle
reply to post by Furbs

This also goes with the story arch of the Charmed Series and my own spiritual path. There are so many hidden things in my own path that I might never be done gathering all the information. There's a lot of power in some of the tools that are made by Wizards. I'm actually a sorcerer, but anyway, I use magic for my personal gains and have made several tools that were hidden from me and gaining that knowledge really set my teachers in a rut. I was actually barred from contact with them, but it's no obstacle in gaining further knowledge.

I googled the Charmed Series, and I see that it is a TV show. I was not aware of it before now, it will be interesting to see if any parallels come together.

Even if this knowledge was handed out, it's not likely to be believed like what happened with my starting a thread about summoning and commanding demons. That's probably why Wizards aren't on here trying to stop those thread throwing open their secret world. This thread itself is exposing them. Once you are able to see the magical world, it never goes away. I had a friend over and we made magical rings blessed by some of the demons I call upon for favors and they really showed us their powers by sending my friend into a crazed state because he couldn't handle the power. I bet this sort of stuff happens when Muggles try to use magical tools. I even lent out my book so a friend could read it and better understand me in true Charmed Tradition. I let a new friend in on my secret. He's now opening up to the magical world and is freaking out. Muggles are just too blind to ever comprehend what is being hidden with good reason. I'm actually becoming adept at catching wizards or magical people with my sixth sense.

Be careful!!

Do not share or expose too much knowledge of their magic publicly! I would think that if they knew you were able to harnass magical powers, even through use of relics, that you might be in for a memory charm!

Stay safe, good luck, my friend.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
S&F

Loved this thread and I hope that there will be many more to come!

So much work to thank you for!

Much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nice and very interesting post, now a question.

Where would one draw the line between magic and technology? Could this magic be a form of technology however old and forgotten?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Apparently everyone here in ATS lives in a fantasy land... this is NOT a conspiracy theory and should be posted in fantasy. There is no such thing as magic here on earth, no super powers of shooting fireballs or disappearing into smoke from magic - that is fictional. Wizards, druids, warlocks, witches do not exist in the "magic-ability" sense. Real issues are our national debt ceiling, poverty, standard of living, these are real issues. And if wizards were actually real, the only real "wizard" that ever lived on earth would be Jesus, and he has yet to enter this discussion.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thank you for this.

I haven't laughed so hard all week. Do you remember the Weekly World News magazine?

It's a little but like that. Except funnier.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is how it works : If it doesn't fit the TPTB definition of normal, people ridicule you for it.

Most people don't realize it, but the things they see in movies (super-heros, aliens, REAL magic, super technology) are indeed real. They try to get you to think in this way :

"If its in a movie, its obviously not real".
"If NASA says it, it must be true"
"He has a PhD, so wouldn't ever lie to us"
"I use to think I could be a superhero, but since I know its JUST a movie, its not real"

Its this whole norm they brainwash people in. The minute you start asking questions, people
get mad and try to bash you because its not what they have been told is "normal". (The one line replies people post that don't contribute to the damn thread in anway) People don't
think for themselves - the news tells them what to do, eat, think, and buy.
Thats why I find this thread so interesting.

Although I disagree with the OP on some points, it gives me no reason to bash.

TO EVERYONE WHOS LAUGHING AT THE OP, I WANT YOU TO KNOW IM LAUGHING 10X HARDER AT
YOU FOR LETTING TPTB THINK AND TELL YOU WHATS NORMAL AND NOT NORMAL.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i have to applaud the way you structured the op, it was well laid out and neat and it makes easy reading, if only more thread starters put as much thought into it.

i do believe in the mystery of magic and creatures that we perhaps dont understand, inter dimensions that us mere mortals perhaps will rarely nor never see. i dont however believe that there is a hogwarts or even that an ounce of the mysteries of harry potter, to me, that is pure fantasy through and through. An interesting concept non the less.

Magic's do exist, the unknown exist to what extent we will never know. Intresting reading irrigardless though
for the thought out effort

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBlueButterflyx
It is interesting as a comparison thread but I wouldn't relate it all to wizards. A lot of people are witches but there is no world we can slip in and out of unless you count Astral Projecting. Harry Potter is a good series but it's not our world. The creatures and some things they've used in the series are taken from real things that exist though. There are things that like to stay hidden but they arn't people like us.

Thank you for your insights! As someone whom has known many witches in my time, as previously mentioned in this thread, I agree that the Wizards I speak of do not share the same world you and I do. Of course, I mean that metaphorically. I suppose that those of us that practice 'witchcraft' i.e. Wicca or Paganism, again I mean no disrespect, this is just how a majority of witches I have known choose to identify themselves, are doing so as a mirror to the past. There are some of us that can try to emulate the witchcraft they hear of others doing and never EVER get results. I do not think it to be a matter of faith but a matter of genetics. Perhaps wiccans that are able to see results are the genetic offspring of offspring of offspring of something that DID have magical powers.

Also, I would most definitely not call the Men in Black a wizard. I've read both The Mothman Prophecies and The Real Men in Black books and these things are far more strange and dangerous then just making sure we don't see what we are not meant to see. They don't want us seeing anything to do with UFO's or aliens or even crypt-ids and mysterious of the earth....conspiracies....ect. They are not harmless either, they have been known to kill people for not complying and keeping their files on stuff they should not have. One man they had warned multiple times was found dead and missing his heart like it just 'vanished'.

In my essay, I contend that Wizards might have had a hand in assassinating U.S. Presidents. If this was the case, it was probably carried out by the Wizards we know as the Men In Black. These are like the angels written about in the bible. Angels, like the MIBs, are NOT to be triffled with. They can cause great joy, but they can also cause great pain and death. I think it is possible to see MIBs as agents of Wizards trying to confuse us about the true nature of UFOs. What if every UFO sighted were a dragon that the MIBs had to place back on a reserve? MIB would be more likely to create a scenario like aliens that prove unexplainable as to cause doubt in the mind of both the witness and anyone that witness might tell.

Thanks for the post! Great contribution!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Nice and very interesting post, now a question.

Where would one draw the line between magic and technology? Could this magic be a form of technology however old and forgotten?

This is not as tricky as it may first appear. I believe it is possible that Wizards -are- using a technology in the most basic sense of the word. They are using tools to augment their world based on innovations they have discovered using a method of research that is probably not at all unlike our scientific method.

Our genetic ancestors did not have the ability to rationalize. Ergo, they could not make use of scientific reasoning, could not innovate, and could not create technology. There are examples of this throughout nature. We can teach a dog to USE a simple machine, but a dog will never build one.

The same might be said for Wizards and magic. Magic could be the another step in evolution. They might have the ability to use what we call 'magic' as a way to alter their world. This innate power that they have is not foreign to them and as such would be no less natural than it is for you or I to use our brains to do a simple math problem or read this sentence. Math and Reading are skills, but they are skills we can learn because of OUR innate ability to reason.

Thanks for the question, I enjoy the attention this topic is getting. It is an exercise in understand the basics of how conspiracy theory can evolve from a simple idea, like that espoused in my OP, into a fully realized mythology with very little effort.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats
Apparently everyone here in ATS lives in a fantasy land... this is NOT a conspiracy theory and should be posted in fantasy. There is no such thing as magic here on earth, no super powers of shooting fireballs or disappearing into smoke from magic - that is fictional. Wizards, druids, warlocks, witches do not exist in the "magic-ability" sense. Real issues are our national debt ceiling, poverty, standard of living, these are real issues. And if wizards were actually real, the only real "wizard" that ever lived on earth would be Jesus, and he has yet to enter this discussion.

On the contrary, this is a conspiracy theory that ties many loose threads together in a single topic that can be discussed in great detail by those willing to entertain the notion.

There are plenty of places on this site for you to discuss our national debt and its magical imaginary numbers. There are also many threads detailing poverty in this and other countries as well as the stand of living! This issue being discussed in this, the appropriate forum does not take away from any of the issues you claim are real.

Actually, if you had read more than the opening, or perhaps you missed it because it was only mentioned in a single follow-up, Jesus was mentioned. I won't comment on him further, as I feel he was but a single wizard in a world full of them.

Thanks for partaking in the thread. All viewpoints are valid, even those that believe this is all Hogwash.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
This is how it works : If it doesn't fit the TPTB definition of normal, people ridicule you for it.

Most people don't realize it, but the things they see in movies (super-heros, aliens, REAL magic, super technology) are indeed real. They try to get you to think in this way :

"If its in a movie, its obviously not real".
"If NASA says it, it must be true"
"He has a PhD, so wouldn't ever lie to us"
"I use to think I could be a superhero, but since I know its JUST a movie, its not real"

Its this whole norm they brainwash people in. The minute you start asking questions, people
get mad and try to bash you because its not what they have been told is "normal". (The one line replies people post that don't contribute to the damn thread in anway) People don't
think for themselves - the news tells them what to do, eat, think, and buy.
Thats why I find this thread so interesting.

Although I disagree with the OP on some points, it gives me no reason to bash.

TO EVERYONE WHOS LAUGHING AT THE OP, I WANT YOU TO KNOW IM LAUGHING 10X HARDER AT
YOU FOR LETTING TPTB THINK AND TELL YOU WHATS NORMAL AND NOT NORMAL.

I do not think it is fair for us to laugh at those that are not aware of Wizards, nor is it fair to be upset that people listen to TPTB, as both could be equally as misguided as the rest of us are.

If what I am contending is correct, the Wizards are fooling -everyone- and TPTB are just as spooked as everyone else, because they flat out KNOW that the UFOs that people are seeing are not some kind of military aircraft. They KNOW that the MIB are not government agents. They KNOW they aren't the ones keeping things like Bigfoot and Chupacabra and Dragons from being seen.

And if it isn't TPTB who is it?

Science and Magic can coexist on this planet, this is why it is okay to believe learned people, because they are simply following the logc that works in their realities. Non-Wizards generally cannot do magic. Once the Wizards allow themselves to be know, Science will have a whole new area of knowledge to try to understand, and maybe then this power we call Magic will be more fully useful to all of us.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
i have to applaud the way you structured the op, it was well laid out and neat and it makes easy reading, if only more thread starters put as much thought into it.

i do believe in the mystery of magic and creatures that we perhaps dont understand, inter dimensions that us mere mortals perhaps will rarely nor never see. i dont however believe that there is a hogwarts or even that an ounce of the mysteries of harry potter, to me, that is pure fantasy through and through. An interesting concept non the less.

Magic's do exist, the unknown exist to what extent we will never know. Intresting reading irrigardless though
for the thought out effort

I do not believe Hogwarts as a building is real. If even a quarter of the circumstances contained within those accountings of magic in Harry Potter are real, as the essay contends, they could very well account for all of the mysterious things happening all over the planet.

I'm glad you enjoyed the essay and took part in the conversation. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well written and thought out. I believe that there is something like you describe going on in our world today. If they are wizzards or something else who knows.

I do beleive if the "truth" is ever revealed it will be nothing we have ever discussed here on ATS. Jaw dropping mind blowing type stuff.

Great read S&F.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Seems like a complete understanding of what Reality really Is would be the key to it, well and i suppose the individuals place in it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A delightful read!

I appreciate you sticking with your original post and countering arguments and displaying your theory in ever clarifying ways.

I suppose my question to you, as this seems to be laid out in the form of a thesis, is what proof do you have that you are wrong and how does it counter your original opinion?

Also, I'd like some more information on the Lincoln/Vampire angle.

Lastly, to the naysayers... are your opinions any more valid than this one? Have you taken the time and consideration to lay out your own opposing theory? What solid evidence do you have to back up your claims that this theory isn't a reality? As humans, we don't use the entirety of our abilities, as we don't understand enough of our universe to impact it on certain levels. It isn't that we don't USE all of our brains, but that we don't know how to effectively do so. I'm a big fan of fantasy and know that the majority of fantasy is imaginative. But the ideas spread all over humanity, to every corner of the globe, from shaman to Wiccans, all have commonalities. Dresden, Snape and Dumbledore, Richard and Kahlan, Gandalf and Sauron, Allanon and the Ohmsfords, Nest Freemark, Rincewind and Granny Weatherwax, Tavi and Kitai.... they all had the ability to influence the world around them beyond the level of the average character in the books they were in...(Rincewind to a lesser degree, but he had his moments...) They all had to rise up and become something different than their origin, and they all had to access a special understanding of the universe.

I don't agree with the OP's opinion, but I can value it and analyze it and draw similar connections. At the end of the day, to me, they are just books. Worlds from the minds of their creators.

So, to Ferb, good job! I will be adding you to my watchlist. I recommend you mosey over to the Short Stories section and participate in the Ruler of the World Writing Contest, as your writing style and depth of thought might provide you AND ATS quite alot of entertaining ideas and stories!

Before anyone goes crazy here, please see the description of "Skunk Works".

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Arrowmancer because: Added definition of Skunk Works..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Basilisks, Boggarts, and Horcruxs did NOT start with Potter so you might be onto something. Hell, even ATS has posted a recipe for the Philosopher's stone as it and Nicolas Flamel were also not born from JK Rowling's mind either

Alchemy and the Philosopher's stone are Real

There is a lot of interesting mythology behind some of stories concepts. There is a Slavic myth about Koscei the Deathless that ties in nicely with Horcrux's

Koscei the Deathless

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

So the Greek Gods are real then? I mean they have magic

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Aliens - Constructs of Convenience?

Hollywood and Science Fiction in general may have helped the Wizards keep hidden. Perhaps when Wizards used to walk amongst us freely, helping us with our daily lives, man was able to do great things. We built the monolithic structures known as The Pyramids, Stonehenge, and Puma Punku. Could all of the Ancient Astronaut Theorists be correct about being helped, but merely misguided as to who helped us? Perhaps we built these with help from or Wizardly friends and other magical humanoids that live on (or in) our planet. Satyrs, Reptilians, Giants, and other types of creatures may have roamed freely to our amusement and terror.

Eventually the wizards realized that the non-Wizards were attaining far too much power and might one day have the power and motivation to capture and kill them. As previously stated, the Inquisition and the Witch Trials were clearly evidence that the Wizards may have been correct to have hidden centuries before. However, tales of monsters and magical relics continued to creep up every now and again, and wizards continuously put themselves in harm's way to keep us from finding out about them.

Luckily for the wizards, us non-wizards are pretty creative! Science Fiction authors began to write fantastic stories in the early part of the last century, and created the entire idea of Extra Terrestrial visitation as a means to sell stories. Early accounts of Aliens were all over the place, ranging from looking exactly like us to monstrous horrors that resembled gelatinous blobs with no discernible shape. Suddenly, out of nowhere, people began to tell stories of actual aliens coming out of the sky and speaking with them. Sometimes taking them back home, other times abducting them and doing horrible things to them. As time progressed, the aliens appeared more humanlike, less globular. The Wizards may have had a hand in that!

The Wizards, always looking for another way to mask their presence while going about saving both us from magic and magic from us, drew on the ancient stories for archetypes of old (Reptilians, Grays, Half-Animalmen) and created the alien races we enjoy today to confuse and excite those that would seek out the truth. While the benevolent Wizards use the imagery to help, some less scrupulous Wizards, use the imagery to frighten and terrorize humans, as they see us as weak, and like cattle.

Crop circles, UFOs, Alien Abduction, Monolithic Help? Could these all be the handiwork of our Wizarding brethren?

You have a lively fantasy, and of course you are entitled to believe Harry Potter as real all you want, but you don't seem to know about Extraterrestrials.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Your input is an asset to humanity. May I suggest you research the roots of Wizards back to ancient shamans. You'll find the possible start of the plant / animal connnection you discribe. The power of a wizard comes from the heart and today's science if finding this wizard power in quantum physics.

I am new to ATS so if I knew how to give you stars & flags absolutley would. (like you say wizards are not good with the electronics)

God Bless You

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join